Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,575 members, 7,965,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:11 AM

I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? (12513 Views)

Should I Call My Uncle / May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Yorisb: 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
Idowuogbo:

U sef see am, he wan dive in

Nansense! angry

Lol. I fall yakata 4 Dude's well 'crafted antics'...I couldn't fault that, really! grin
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Yorisb: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2012
Miroslav klose: wow. TELL me more about the forum. im new here

Old wine in a new bottle, u meant? tongue
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
afam4eva:

This is what many Igbotic people call their mothers.

Afam,you are very correct;most Igbos call their mother "mma","ma","nne" for precolonial peeps.
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by GODBLESSU1: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sweet Mum
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by begwong: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2012
lakeside4love: why wuld any sane person call their Mom.. Aunty?
i really witnessed this..Back in the days while growing up in the barracks there was this igbo family that did really call their mum aunty!
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by cogsej06(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2012
I call her Mummy, mumsy, malee, old lady.......often tyms MUMMY.
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Miroslavklose: 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
Yorisb:

yes. i have been reformed by the subsidy removal protest to a new person undecided
Yorisb:

yes. i have been reformed by the subsidy removal protest to a new person
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2012
Miroslav klose: yes. i have been reformed by the subsidy removal protest to a new person undecided yes. i have been reformed by the subsidy removal protest to a new person

Are u confessing? tongue
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by lifestyle1(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
I call her by her name, some times when she is not in good mood I call her aunty grin
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
I lost mine when I was six months old so can't say exactly what I might have called her. cry Nevertheless, Happy Mother's day to all the mothers including my mother wherever you are. I LOVE U, Mother!

1 Like

Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by fateavon4u(f): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
I call her UGONWANYI,it means pride of a woman,its also her title.
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by amtheone(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2012
I call my mother Maama
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by lifestyle1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
cash247: I lost mine when I was six months old so can't say exactly what I might have called her. cry Nevertheless, Happy Mother's day to all the mothers including my mother wherever you are. I LOVE U, Mother!

Its ok bro, Its well..
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by dridowu: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
Maami or iya ibeji
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Flygeriana(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
IYA NGBALI: what a question,kids are gradually taking over NAIRALAND AND TURNING IT TO WONDERLAND. Who cares what you call your mother,if you like call am monkey,na you sabi.

me sef, i taya oo!

But all dsame sha, make e no be lyk say 1thin, 1thin... I call mine 'Mummy' sha!
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by xynerise: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
I call her MUMMY in capital letter
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by doja(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
My mamma,mamma bimbo
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by freecocoa(f): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2012
Miroslav klose: WOw so nice of u in two paths.

That u love ur mum so much and ur kind heartedness and gentle soft spoken words of being able to make a space for me.

Never knew such ones like re still out there.

keep it up my dear.

jah bless u
Thanks,love is big na we can always share so its all good.
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by moHot(f): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2012
MUMMY OR MOIN.ME cheesy
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by queensmith: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
Mom
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Miroslavklose: 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
freecocoa: Thanks,love is big na we can always share so its all good.
U're welcome angel.
Its good cos u're gonna become a mother someday and same best wishes will be showered on u
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by freecocoa(f): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2012
Miroslav klose: U're welcome angel.
Its good cos u're gonna become a mother someday and same best wishes will be showered on u
I claim this,it'll be my portion.smiley
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by rezzy: 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
I call her mummy
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by ayanfemy(f): 11:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
Maami- i miss her so much, she passed on about 12years ago..
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Revolva(m): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2012
@poster what else...abi na your mama name you wan dey call am....
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 19, 2012
what a question,kids are gradually taking over
NAIRALAND AND TURNING IT TO
WONDERLAND. Who cares what you call your
mother,if you like call her monkey, you fucking know....ahahahahaha. Bleep MOTHERS DAY!
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by youngdee168(m): 12:58am On Mar 19, 2012
Aunty, and am proud of it, besides we like it dat way even my dad call her dat too.
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Mar 19, 2012
queensmith: Mom

I reckon that this is what adults should call their mums, methinks kids use the term mummy.
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 19, 2012
^^ that one is your consign. I have always called her mummy and will continue to. All these "its for kids" thingy does not work for me. I wonder when adulthood started impacting on the way we address our parents? Olorun ma je.

2 Likes

Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by slimyem: 2:17am On Mar 19, 2012
lakeside4love: why wuld any sane person call their Mom.. Aunty?
bro,i tell you!
they do and their reason is-the mother usually thinks she's not old enough to be tagged a 'mummy' so she makes her children call her aunty.
I have a friend who call her mum 'aunty'.
It took two years of friendship before i actually believed the woman was her real mum.
Its just one of the strange reasonings people have...
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by fali: 7:57am On Mar 19, 2012
I call her grandma
Re: I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? by tOppspOttBOY(m): 8:12am On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: i call her mummy.
Some peeps i know call theirs 'aunty'!

Yes some others call theirs "aunty" but believe me when they do, it is with an instruction from those mothers to call them so, for fears that calling them "mummy" would cause them to age like five times faster. we find them everywhere now.

Oh well, for me, i call her "HEARTBEAT"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Insecticide (fleet) Has Worked For You Against Mosquitoes At Home / Apologies To My Love. A Fellow Nairalander / Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.