Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,627 members, 7,882,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism (3212 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism by Miroslavklose: 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2012
Martian:

No. Personally, I just think your beliefs are silly. Other than that, I have no problems with jesus, mohammed, buddha or santa claus. I love 'em all.
This either mean u are confused or simply acting ridiculously.

By thinking that others' belief cause it's contrary to yours are silly, only confirms my above post that u 'guys sees ur selves as super human or more perfect being than the theists. Now this thread shows the contrary cos atheists have acted silly already on this thread.

Secondly if according to u, there's no God(Jesus) how possible is it for u to love something u deny vividly? I think u're probably confused or just trying to be silly
Re: Atheism by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2012
Miroslav klose: This either mean u are confused or simply acting ridiculously.

Because I love jesus, mohammed, buddha and santa claus? You're a mean fellow. May baby jesus forgive you.

Miroslav klose:
By thinking that others' belief cause it's contrary to yours are silly

I don't think they are silly because they are contrary to mine, most myths are just silly if taken at face value. Some myths and folklores are interesting but they become silly when taken literally. Like pegasus.

Miroslav klose: only confirms my above post that u 'guys sees ur selves as super human or more perfect being than the theists

Okay. Fine. Atheists are super heroes with superhuman powers. Happy?

Miroslav klose: Now this thread shows the contrary cos atheists have acted silly already on this thread.

But since two atheists are bickering on this thread, they no longer have super powers. They are now normal humans like theists.

Miroslav klose:
Secondly if according to u, there's no God(Jesus) how possible is it for u to love something u deny vividly?

Cuz the world needs love. Sweet love, Sweet love. I love jesus the same way I love santa. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Miroslav klose: I think u're probably confused or just trying to be silly

As silly as yahweh when he told Abraham to cut isaac's throat. Then he said, "LOL dude, I was just testing you!!! I really didn't want you to cut the little bastard's throat, LOL Abraham LOL!!!""
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2012
davidylan:

and exactly why do you get hung up with this? Its not shoved down your throat now is it? I wonder why you would rather spend 90% of your time showing spittle on those you call "sheeple".

90% of my time he says. This is coming from someone who practically lives on this forum.
Re: Atheism by Aj7(f): 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
Sister fatie: To all above yes i'm an atheist and i wish there is an online forum for nigerian atheists
I really wonder why you are an atheist.. One question for you, have you explored fully the length and breadth of atheism in all it's implications and ramifications?
Re: Atheism by Aj7(f): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
diluminati: Religion is boring me, even all these religious talks ,i've come to know that every man wants to see his own truth and believe what only himself wants to believe.so everyone wants to follow something somehow so why will you call your own the universal truth? there is no universal truth, but there are billions of people that wants to see it that way. you only see tge truth you want to believe in.no matter how much you talk, you still following what you believe, it doesnt make it the universal truth, coz there isnt or there is, maybe all of us are reading it the wrong way.

True, religion is boring but with Christianity, you obtain not religion, but a renewed way of life and pattern of thought in its genuity... Absolute truth exists. The theory that it doesn't exist is propagated by westernism and is truly deluded if not we all are walking contradictions and by what do we exist?
Re: Atheism by harakiri(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
A.j:

I really wonder why you are an atheist.. One question for you, have you explored fully the length and breadth of atheism in all it's implications and ramifications?

I have a few questions for you :

(1)What do you understand by the term ATHEISM?

(2)Explain the so called "implications" and "ramifications" of Atheism you aforementioned.
Re: Atheism by Aj7(f): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
harakiri:

I have a few questions for you :

(1)What do you understand by the term ATHEISM?

(2)Explain the so called "implications" and "ramifications" of Atheism you aforementioned.

Atheism is the lack of belief in God or the belief that there is no God...
Atheism also believes in the non existence of absolute truth which invariably implies the the non existence of absolute right an wrong. In other words an atheist has no basis for morality any claim to the contrary would be a contradiction of the concept ATHEISM.
Re: Atheism by Sisterfatie(f): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
kiss
A.j:

a.j take a dayor two off read the entire bible go on the internet research on the various religions and belief in gods reflect on the possibility that all religions are made up to deal with the human fear of the unknown u'll see how very easy and smart it is to set aside belief in gods.
P.s i don't hate religion of any kind I even find it logical plausible that people of dark and middle ages created religion to deal with their fear of the unknown.
Re: Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
Sister fatie: kiss
a.j take a dayor two off read the entire bible go on the internet research on the various religions and belief in gods reflect on the possibility that all religions are made up to deal with the human fear of the unknown u'll see how very easy and smart it is to set aside belief in gods.
P.s i don't hate religion of any kind I even find it logical plausible that people of dark and middle ages created religion to deal with their fear of the unknown.
its good to see such intelligence +1000
Re: Atheism by Kay17: 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2012
A.j:

Atheism is the lack of belief in God or the belief that there is no God...
Atheism also believes in the non existence of absolute truth which invariably implies the the non existence of absolute right an wrong. In other words an atheist has no basis for morality any claim to the contrary would be a contradiction of the concept ATHEISM.

If so, doesnt that contradict the inherent claim in Atheism which you only see that there are no absolute truths and yet making a definite claim that there is no God??

Since your thought process has been lousy, atheism implies just one thing disbelief in god (supernatural). I do think most theists are confused to think God is perceived with the same identity universally. The word "God" is being thrown around too often. So I stick my arguments against Yahweh or Allah or Mazda.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olorun Agbaye O You Are Mighty / What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? / Easter Quiz For Christians, Test Your Knowledge; Atheists Are Also Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.