Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,109 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. (1208 Views)

If MONEY Were No Object, Would You Be Doing The Same Thing? / Who Is Doing The Cheapest Pmp Training In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sometimes certain jobs are frustrating. You keep doing the same thing over and over and over again for years. How can someone cope with these jobs. Of cos we need the job but how can it be more fun?
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by AjanleKoko: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2012
^^
Work is not meant to be fun, in my view.
It's your life that you need to enrich. Once your life is richer (not borrowing the MTN catchphrase wink), it will infect even your job, and you'll have positive energy to get through the daily drudge.

How to enrich your life? Get a good hobby. Could be reading, movies, art, music, travel, or even spend your weekends taking long walks and discovering your neighbourhood. Whatever it is, don't live to work. Work is not that important. Work to Live.

Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2012
since people are spending the best part of their life at work, they ought to do something they are passionate about, something they love doing so that being at work is fun and enjoyable. most people dread their work because they are doing jobs that they hate, due to circumstances.

i love my job and could even do it for free, so going to work is a BLESSING, and always fun!

Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by yamakuza: 12:03am On Mar 19, 2012
^ Bros, u dey reach dis side?
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 19, 2012
^^ oh yeah, if i feel that i can answer the question then why not?
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by yamakuza: 1:26am On Mar 19, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^ oh yeah, if i feel that i can answer the question then why not?

Hope to see more of you!
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 19, 2012
^^^ sadly, most threads on the career forum are directly related to the Nigerian job market, where i dont have a single clue.
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by yamakuza: 1:48am On Mar 19, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ sadly, most threads on the career forum are directly related to the Nigerian job market, where i dont have a single clue.

hmmn.

But majority of our regular contributors are not even based in Nigeria.

Each person's experience counts here. Sometimes, it helps to compare both sides of the coin.

And when we have only one side available, its still better than having no perspective on the issues at all.
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 19, 2012
^^you are right. i will try to answer more often on this side of NL.

Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by AjanleKoko: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2012
BJ,but you post on the CFA thread na wink

Anyways, I just wanted to respond to your post. It's very rare for people to find a job doing what they're passionate about. Unless you're Messi, Ronaldo, or Tinie Tempah wink I'm not sure most of us are ballin' on our jobs. Most jobs suck.

What I think is, if you depend on your job for self-actualization, you're likely to experience a roller coaster ride. High today, low tomorrow, depending on what's happening. If you're an investment banker, you were having fun in 2007, and in 2009 you were feeling like you should kill yourself grin

That's why I said 'work to live'. For me, I generate my positive energy from other activities, not work. That positive energy spills over into my work life, and I'm able to to put some of it into my otherwise boring work life, and get much better results.

Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^ what is the CFA thread?!

if you count the amount of hrs per year that most spend at work, then there is no debating on what we should be doing for work. sadly many study fields that they dont like and then complain down the line. why would anyone spend countless of yrs studying for something that they have absolutely no passion about?! beats me!

if it is peer pressure then blame your peers, and if that person is/was financially motivated then they are to blamed.

Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by AjanleKoko: 7:19am On Mar 20, 2012
^^
My bad, I think I confused you with mrjingles wink
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2012
grin the truth is that I'm impressed. Thanks.
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by yamakuza: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2012
Yaksson: grin the truth is that I'm impressed. Thanks.

As in? Why?
Re: Doing The Same Thing Every Single Day. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2012
yamakuza:

As in? Why?
I'm impressed cos I got the help I needed from many of the posts.

A Brother URGENTLY Needs Advice On A Job Offer / 10 Signs That You Are Emotionally Intelligent. / PLAB Pathway For Medical Doctors