Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,531 members, 7,911,318 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:27 AM

A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? (5091 Views)

Poll: which is your preference?

a partner i can live with?: 88% (8 votes)
a partner i can't live without: 11% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

15 sure ways you can live happily and peacefully with any woman. / Ten Things That Some Ladies Cant Live Without / My Boyfriend Is Misbehaving Since He Learnt i cant Live Without Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 1:35am On Mar 19, 2012
This thread is borne out of the popular phrase'do not marry someone you can live with,marry someone you can't live without!'

i have played it over an over in my head since the first time i heard/read about it(cant remember which or when) and i have found out within me that i'd pick the former(a partner i can live with) over the latter(one i cant live without) anytime/day!
You want to know the why?
Chill!

The probability that your partner(married or in a relationship) might leave/break-up with you someday is half.its either it happens or you live happily ever after(mostly unlikely).

Have you ever considered the outcomes of his/her betrayal if you cant live without them?its death!(not in the real sense of it)-if you know what i mean.

Something you cant live without is more like your life-line and when its gone,you are gone!you stop living,everything just stops,you become depressed and repressed and a part of your life is probably shut down forever.

Why not just save yourself a probable future emotional trauma and settle for a partner you can live with?
This way,when it finally happens,you go on living.however hard it may be,it'll be easier.you can live without him/her!

Call me a pessimist but the reality is-there are two sides to life and that tag just wont fit me.
Just call me a cautious optimist!

The real question is-which is your preference?
P.S-i'm not trying to shove this down anyone's throat.it is just an opinion
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 19, 2012
bro, there are a few things that you have to consider:
A) the minute a woman you cant live without does something wrong to you, that love will die and you will/should act accordingly. the reason why you couldnt live without her was because of who she was, the minute she changes is the minute that "condition" ends (or has to be re-evaluated). if you say that you cant live without her whether she acts/treats you right or wrong is not only wrong but CRAZY!

B) when you cant live without someone, it is because you guys make perfect music together, aka are an item. you two form some sort of ying and yang of y'all essence and complete each other to make one big/higher happy family/union. when THAT union is over then you simply look for someone else to create equally beautiful music/ying and yang.

saying that you cant live with that person doesnt mean that if she isnt there any longer, life is over. it means that the kind of life that you lived with that person is what you wish to attain in your r/ship. when it is over, you will simply look for someone else to complete you in that same manner, and attain that higher state of fulfillment.

C) the fact that a partner could leave or cheat is indeed a 50/50 chance but that shouldnt be a reason to be pessimistic about everybody you meet. live your life to the fullest and enjoy it to the best/top of your abilities, rather than being a coward living a dull life expecting the worst. if you think the way you do then best stay alone and never even date!!

the fact that some people cheat shouldnt be a reason to be miserable in life, because you will surely miss on all the good time that would have happen before that "imaginary" cheating.

D) what you wrote clearly shows why i believe that: you shouldnt be afraid your life will end, but instead be very afraid it will never start!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Mynd44: 7:48am On Mar 19, 2012
MbJ is on a roll
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2012
@MBJ,
First,i am not a bro!
Secondly,as much as i think all that you have up here is a possiblity an a quite interesting viewpoint,my option is a fortifier against the rude shock of possible heartbreak.
I didnt wake up one morning and just decided its a way to go...i have had numerous reasons to think romantic relationships are better formed and less painful if the pros and cons are properly weighted before starting on the journey.
It is usually as good as it gets and vice versa!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 19, 2012
^^^ Wanted to tell him so but I see you've cleared the air on your gender.

I'll go with MBJ on this one. With what you say there won't be any real commitment from your side if you are with someone you can just live with.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2012
apocalypse: ^^^ Wanted to tell him so but I see you've cleared the air on your gender.

I'll go with MBJ on this one. With what you say there won't be any real commitment from your side if you are with someone you can just live with.
there will be real committment,but there'll always be a hidden 'just in case' side to it!
It just makes the heartbreak experience easier to manage.
Its worked for me once,i dont doubt it'll work again if i choose to employ it!smiley smiley
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Killz3(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2012
Someone i can live with until death do us part! That "I can't live without you" line is plain BULLSHIT!

Majority of people reading this have been heart broken at least once. They suffered that heart break from someone that they must have said "I can't live without you" to. But the person is no longer with them. . . Are they still not alive? Abegi make i hear word!

I cant live without you ke, are you food? grin
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2012
killz,chop knuckles! no break my hand abeg!
smiley smiley
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:01am On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:
Someone i can live with until death do us part! That "I can't live without you" line is plain BULLSHIT!

Majority of people reading this have been heart broken at least once. They suffered that heart break from someone that they must have said "I can't live without you" to. But the person is no longer with them. . . Are they still not alive? Abegi make i hear word!

Gbam!!!

Dats my son.Can liv without kini? Dem b oxygen?

Abeg! Abeg! Abeg!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Killz3(m): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: killz,chop knuckles! no break my hand abeg!
smiley smiley
smiley smiley
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Gbam!!!

Abeg! Abeg! Abeg!
idowumagbodo,wa sere! cheesy cheesy
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Killz3(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Gbam!!!

Abeg! Abeg! Abeg!
No one is irreplaceable o jare. . . grin
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by CalienteMi: 10:53am On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

Yes, you are right. I was heart broken when I found out my mailman is gay! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by itiswell1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: there will be real committment,but there'll always be a hidden 'just in case' side to it!
Its worked for me once,i dont doubt it'll work again if i choose to employ it!smiley smiley

Believe me, there can not be commitment from you with this view.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by itiswell1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: there will be real committment,but there'll always be a hidden 'just in case' side to it!

You can't give it your all.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2012
~Killz~:

No one is irreplaceable o jare. . . grin

Wa gbayi!

Na so oo, no b lie.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
it is well:

Believe me, there can not be commitment from you with this view.
why not?
Commitment doesnt stop me from being prepared for 'what ifs'.does it?
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2012
it is well:

You can't give it your all.
you never can tell.
Really!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Killz3(m): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
When you are really matured before heading into a relationship, you'll realize that it's not a bed of roses. Problems may arise, and if you believe you can't live without anyone, you are on a loooooooooooong thing! grin

Even Romeo and Juliet died by mistake. . . grin
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2012
the funny thing peeps do not realise is-the partners they claim they can't live without can actually live without them!
Such self-subjection to unfairness.
Smh!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
@op. For most young ladies in Nigeria, money decides the partner they can't live without. As a woman, u knw dis and ur mothers has taught all of u dat money plays an integral part in a relationship. I'm gona make most girls can't live without me. Last words, i think there's something u aint telling us.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by slimyem: 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2012
bennyraz: @op. For most young ladies in Nigeria, money decides the partner they can't live without. As a woman, u knw dis and ur mothers has taught all of u dat money plays an integral part in a relationship. I'm gona make most girls can't live without me. Last words, i think there's something u aint telling us.
what decides what you can't live without is not the issue here.
The issue is-why should anyone delude themselves into thinking they CAN'T LIVE life without a certain human like them?
And what i'm i not telling you here?
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 20, 2012
Money makes them think they can't live life without a person like them. Love also makes them think they can't live without them. And seriously, i would like to live my life with a partner i can live with. Who want's to be in bondage? When you can't live without someone, it means you can commit suicide because of that person. Slimyem, what i meant by you are not tellin us something is probably, u r trying get in2 a relationship/friendship and u want to hatch d perfect game plan. @ MBJ sorry bro, your first post was all wrong. People do still commit suicide over failed relationship in the world just because they can't live without the person involved. But really they are pervs.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 20, 2012
slimyem: @MBJ,
First,i am not a bro!
Secondly,as much as i think all that you have up here is a possiblity an a quite interesting viewpoint,my option is a fortifier against the rude shock of possible heartbreak.
I didnt wake up one morning and just decided its a way to go...i have had numerous reasons to think romantic relationships are better formed and less painful if the pros and cons are properly weighted before starting on the journey.
It is usually as good as it gets and vice versa!

sorry i didnt focus on the gender of the poster before replying, my bad!
as for what you said up there, let me ask you:
what is so bad about "possibly" being heartbroken down the line, knowing that you have lived something FANTASTIC before it happened?

yes the pros and cons of anything should be evaluated but the simple fact that, as a person in love you are the best version of yourself, therefore there should be no debate. would you rather be a cheap version of yourself all your life (with an unbroken heart), instead of having lived wonderful moments with someone while being the greatest version of yourself (and possibly go through a few heartbreaks)?!

i believe that the aim of any love "journey" is to be at peace with yourself by finding someone that completes you, someone that you can fully trust with your life, someone you know would be there for you 110%......and the only way to find that person is to LET GO. if you cant let go of yourself then you can never truly discover that person (or that feeling), even if it was right in front of your eyes.

if you put barriers around your heart then that heart is worthless in a r/ship.

~Killz~:

bro Killz, as i once asked you: have you never met a person that brought the ultimate BEST out of your being, someone that made you the greatest version of yourself? until you meet that person you would never understand why people say that they cant live without someone.

it has nothing to do with saying that this person is some kind of vital organ for your life, it just means that the feeling that this r/ship brought to you are like a drug, and you just want to feel euphoric/happy like that ALL THE TIME.

bennyraz: @ MBJ sorry bro, your first post was all wrong. People do still commit suicide over failed relationship in the world just because they can't live without the person involved. But really they are pervs.

here is something that you have to understand here: there is a thin line between love and insanity, and sadly most who commit suicide after a heartbreak have simply lost their damn mind and cross the line (aka go insane).
love is like a drug and many will do anything to stay in love, and when they cant get their fix, they rather die than live without this wonderful feeling.

the problem here is that many people think that this feeling can only happen once, while it can happen over and over again. how do they even know that this was the best they can ever get? how does one knows that what they are feeling is the ultimate in love?! sadly, not everyone are happy to go back to "common" life, many would rather die (or do crazy shiit) than to live like they did before....... and if you look around you hard enough, you will see than many do the exact same thing with MONEY.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 20, 2012
MBJ, I like what youve said here. Its how I see it too. Just jump off the cliff and live it fully!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 4:12am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^sadly many are too coward to LET GO, they'd rather safely/boringly walk down the mountain rather than jump off the cliff.

the problem is they all focus on the heartbreak instead of focusing on the great time that happened before.
a few weeks heartbreak is nothing compared to the possible YEARS of happiness that people can endure while in love!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^ and there are no regrets with memories of wonderful love.Memories like that last forever ,timeless. Love then continues in new ways.It always does. Getting past the fear and getting out of our own way is all thats required.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 20, 2012
^^ unfortunately, such state of mind is very difficult to achieve. look at the OP, she would rather live a "miserable love life" and keep her heart safe, rather than love fully and passionately and possibly get hurt.
so it's either she got hurt in the past and dont want to go through it again, or she is so scared of deception that she'd rather live a simple life, happy with what she got and not wanting more.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^ Yes such a state of mind is difficult. You have to almost accept that the hurt may come at some point, but its ok.And not worry about it.Live the momments fully. I think realizing that you cant control love is important. I guess if some people want to be safe, then they will be happy with only that, or keep learning until they get past it. Its a journey worth taking.
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Killz3(m): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro Killz, as i once asked you: have you never met a person that brought the ultimate BEST out of your being, someone that made you the greatest version of yourself? until you meet that person you would never understand why people say that they cant live without someone.

it has nothing to do with saying that this person is some kind of vital organ for your life, it just means that the feeling that this r/ship brought to you are like a drug, and you just want to feel euphoric/happy like that ALL THE TIME.

Hello, after bringing out the best in me blah blah, greatest version blah and i wanted to feel euphoric/happy like that ALL THE TIME. . . But then she leaves. Will i die? Won't i keep living? Am i not living without her?Smh!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

Hello, after bringing out the best in me blah blah, greatest version blah and i wanted to feel euphoric/happy like that ALL THE TIME. . . But then she leaves. Will i die? Won't i keep living? Am i not living without her?Smh!

if you think like this then you should continue and say: since you were born and raised alone then you should also stay all your life and die ALONE, lol! come on bro, its all about getting the BEST out of you, and we know that when you are in love, you are the closest to that (however you may want to deny it).

the fact that you are AFRAID that she may leave, shouldnt be a reason to be miserable all your life, is it? if she leaves then you will have months(possibly yrs) of happiness to value, and also valuable experiences on what to do and what to attain (or more) in LOVE. its a win-win situation!
Re: A Partner You Can Live With Or One You Cant Live Without? by Killz3(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

if you think like this then you should continue and say: since you were born and raised alone then you should also stay all your life and die ALONE, lol! come on bro, its all about getting the BEST out of you, and we know that when you are in love, you are the closest to that (however you may want to deny it).

the fact that you are AFRAID that she may leave, shouldnt be a reason to be miserable all your life, is it? if she leaves then you will have months(possibly yrs) of happiness to value, and also valuable experiences on what to do and what to attain (or more) in LOVE. its a win-win situation!
Leave story bro, This is what i want you to answer: Will i die? Won't i keep living? Am i not living without her? If it's a win win situation, what's the point of telling her i cannot live without her when in actuality i could?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Best Friend Asked My Girlfriend Out, What Do I Do? / PHOTO: Go Girl! Go Girl!! Go Girl!!! / The Night After Valentine.(FICTION)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.