Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (33123 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by luckgames(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Wise women would rather be single than to beg a man that doesn't want them.

Lets keep it real.

And even if all women begged and stayed with the men. There are more women than men....
SO THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SINGLE WOMEN. undecided

It's not about begging but making things work
I am sure we know the type of person we can beg or not beg
You beg some people that will give they the advantage to step all over you
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 8:01pm On May 21, 2012
luckgames:

It's not about begging but making things work
I am sure we know the type of person we can beg or not beg
You beg some people that will give they the advantage to step all over you

Begging and being two matured adults conversing to improve the condition within the relationship or marriage ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. What the OP's original statement was begging a man not to leave the house as if it is something women should do to keep her man.

If the conversation was about maturity and being sane adults then my comments would have been different.

I am all for having conversations with my husband to ensure all communications are good and that we are on the same page. I don't support closed mouths because closed mouths do not get fed period.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by luckgames(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Begging and being two matured adults conversing to improve the condition within the relationship or marriage ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. What the OP's original statement was begging a man not to leave the house as if it is something women should do to keep her man.

If the conversation was about maturity and being sane adults then my comments would have been different.

I am all for having conversations with my husband to ensure all communications are good and that we are on the same page. I don't support closed mouths because closed mouths do not get fed period.
Love you girl
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
i think a lot of people are getting it twisted....

You can beg a man to stay with you all day long but it will not CHANGE HOW HE FEELS about you, the marriage, the relationship, and being in the same presence with you. It is a reason why people LEAVE and if nothing was an error or wrong then they wouldn't BE LEAVING PERIOD. COMMON SENSE.

If you are in the wrong....then do what you have to do to make your marriage work.....however DO NOT BE A FOOL just so you can say you have a man.

Some women needs to learn their self worth and learn that they deserve. Decide what you wants to be.....a rug or a purse.

Exactly. In fact most men find their counterparts begging as a sign of desperation.
You think any sane man wants a desperate woman? And if he does take her back..he will play the HELL out of her like an XBOX console. wink The guilty men on this thread who like to play with women claim it's tradition. BULL. If it were tradition and African women heed to it as "law", there would be no reason for this thread. But as you can see, most sensible African women see right through the bull. Cooking for, nurturing and being a wife to your man doesn't and shouldn't mean being a damn fo0l.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin: No.
I have too much pride.
I'd rather lock myself in my room and cry my eyes out
over losing him than get on my knees and beg.

No man is worth giving that much power to!!

I STAND BY THAT FO'LIFE!! cool
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 8:16pm On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Exactly. In fact most men find their counterparts begging as a sign of desperation.
You think any sane man wants a desperate woman? And if he does take her back..he will play the HELL out of her like an XBOX console. wink The guilty men on this thread who like to play with women claim it's tradition. BULL. If it were tradition and African women heed to it as "law", there would be no reason for this thread. But as you can see, most sensible African women see right through the bull. Cooking for, nurturing and being a wife to your man doesn't and shouldn't mean being a damn fo0l.

Exactly Sis! kiss kiss kiss

There is nothing wrong with a woman being a good wife to her husband ONLY IF SHE HAS A GOOD HUSBAND. I tell women this all day and long....I am good to my husband because he is good to me. Why would I have a problem with that?

Now if Chima was treating me all kinds of ways and having me crying all days of my life...you think I AM GOING TO BEG HIM TO STAY?

GIRL! YOU JUST GOT ME WARMED UP!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by luckgames(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Cut the BS
Women from developed countries beg , White and black
Read Mrs Chima posting carefully
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 21, 2012
luckgames:
Cut the BS
Women from developed countries beg , White and black
Read Mrs Chima posting carefully

I think YOU need to read the OP's original post. wink

Mrs.Chima:

Exactly Sis! kiss kiss kiss

There is nothing wrong with a woman being a good wife to her husband ONLY IF SHE HAS A GOOD HUSBAND. I tell women this all day and long....I am good to my husband because he is good to me. Why would I have a problem with that?

Now if Chima was treating me all kinds of ways and having me crying all days of my life...you think I AM GOING TO BEG HIM TO STAY?

GIRL! YOU JUST GOT ME WARMED UP!

wink wink

Unfortunately, the bolded happens more often than we'd like to admit. There are women who do crave and beg to remain with the jackasses of jackasses. These women lack self worth and esteem. The beauty about it is, most times women come to find that it is not worth it. Like I said before time heals all wounds and there are millions of fishes in the sea.

LOVING YOU is more important than losing him. "Split up (African) families" my nyash! tongue
I recommend EVERY woman in this predicament to listen to:

TWEET - "HEAVEN" That is a POWERFUL song right there. smiley

In fact I will post the song and lyrics. wink
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 21, 2012
song>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20HXVLC0-M

The rain is gone I feel the wind
Brightest stars shining in
A new life for love has come through
Wish I had the words to describe
Ridged feelings I'm so alive
Let me tell you what I gained since leaving you

[Chorus]
Feels just like heaven
And a sunny day
Definitely heaven
And a sunny day
Feels just like heaven
And a sunny day
Basically heaven
And a sunny day

No more breathing down my back
Not too sure how to act
Or even waiting for you to say I love you(i love you)
Ill kiss myself and say a prayer
And fill the void you left when you were here
Loving me means more than losing you

[Chorus: x3]

Oh I'm in Heaven
I remember the day cant forget the hour you left [Repeat: 2x]

Oh I'm in Heaven [Repeat: x3]

I love the bolded part!! cool
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 11:39pm On May 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I think YOU need to read the OP's original post. wink

wink wink

Unfortunately, the bolded happens more often than we'd like to admit. There are women who do crave and beg to remain with the jackasses of jackasses. These women lack self worth and esteem. The beauty about it is, most times women come to find that it is not worth it. Like I said before time heals all wounds and there are millions of fishes in the sea.

LOVING YOU is more important than losing him. I recommend EVERY woman in this predicament to listen to:

TWEET - "HEAVEN" That is a POWERFUL song right there. smiley

In fact I will post the song and lyrics. wink

Now I have said all over the thread MANY TIMES even me and the chick from Indiana got into about it that YOU DON'T NEED TO SETTLE JUST TO HAVE A MAN...I am not saying that he has to be perfect because none of us are perfect. However, he has to be worth fighting for. I am not talking about fighting for him because he can eat a mean toto...I am talking about fighting for him because he is good to you and he treats you like a good man treats a woman.

Many times I have heard chicks say that I love him so therefore I am going to fight for him. Why are you fighting for a man that leaving you and is not willing to make it work with you?

A man that loves his woman is going to do everything that he can to make it work before saying Bleep it. He is not going to threat nor give hints that he is or would leave. He will let you know what he doesn't like and talk to you about coming to a compromise where both are at the crossroad but he isn't going to leave because shit is rough.

That's why I tell people I know offline do not get marry if you do not understand what it is like to be married and aren't a team player. Many of the men like to throw out that men are the head of the household, which I am aware of the tradition however he is only the head if he is submissive to the MOST HIGH...that's where many of them contradicts themselves especially when they exclaimed they aren't believers but quick to throw out scriptures that is pertinent to believers.

Even in the same book they found the head of the household notion...it also said in proverb not to be a fool. You knew when it was time to cut the rope because it wasn't worth the hassle. Anytime something gets out of control it is time to cut the rope...when two are working together...it becomes EASIER and shouldn't feel like you are pushing five trucks alone.

I have learned for many years watching and listening to couples.....when a person mind is determined....there is no amount of begging going to change the mindset. If he is really for you....he isn't going anywhere. That's the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Now I have said all over the thread MANY TIMES even me and the chick from Indiana got into about it that YOU DON'T NEED TO SETTLE JUST TO HAVE A MAN...I am not saying that he has to be perfect because none of us are perfect. However, he has to be worth fighting for. I am not talking about fighting for him because he can eat a mean toto...I am talking about fighting for him because he is good to you and he treats you like a good man treats a woman.

Many times I have heard chicks say that I love him so therefore I am going to fight for him. Why are you fighting for a man that leaving you and is not willing to make it work with you?

A man that loves his woman is going to do everything that he can to make it work before saying Bleep it. He is not going to threat nor give hints that he is or would leave. He will let you know what he doesn't like and talk to you about coming to a compromise where both are at the crossroad but he isn't going to leave because shit is rough.

That's why I tell people I know offline do not get marry if you do not understand what it is like to be married and aren't a team player. Many of the men like to throw out that men are the head of the household, which I am aware of the tradition however he is only the head if he is submissive to the MOST HIGH...that's where many of them contradicts themselves especially when they exclaimed they aren't believers but quick to throw out scriptures that is pertinent to believers.

Even in the same book they found the head of the household notion...it also said in proverb not to be a fool. You knew when it was time to cut the rope because it wasn't worth the hassle. Anytime something gets out of control it is time to cut the rope...when two are working together...it becomes EASIER and shouldn't feel like you are pushing five trucks alone.

I have learned for many years watching and listening to couples.....when a person mind is determined....there is no amount of begging going to change the mindset. If he is really for you....he isn't going anywhere. That's the truth.

WOOOOOOOOOW!! cheesy

WOW! CHIMA! That's ALL I can say. cool
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by AmicusCuriae: 10:48am On May 22, 2012
sexkillz:
They should go see a psychologist. . . Something is wrong somewhere! grin

Remember I said easily. For instance, I find it difficult to cry in front of others unless I'm extremely angry and I can't hit someone. But to just start crying is extremely hard. I'll feel the tears inside though. grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by oldaw: 12:46pm On May 22, 2012
You don't need to beg your spouse if you know how to maintain a good romantic relationship. There are useful tips on this. Send email to adeostar@yahoo.com for details.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by joanana(f): 1:15pm On May 22, 2012
He is leaving ... I will let him go.. nothing can change his mind, not sex, not faithfulness n definitely not love cos his heart has found another. And if he stays, he will be cheating behind my back. For me I will let him go if he truly loves me as he claims n if we re destined to be together, he will definitely come back. wink
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by damlawbaba(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
It is posible 4 u a lady to knee down and beg ur guy,u cant say only wen u face the scene 4 real,u may b bragin dat u cant run wen u see a wide dog on ur way.but wen the dog makes an atempt to chase u, nobody go tell u to run.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by deloon(m): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
Just came across the thread... A girl once begged me on her knees not to leave her. I thought it was such a touching thing to do. I had to give in although not immediately. Few days later, I had reasons to regret....
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Yeecar(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2012
Dyt: I can roll on d floor 4 him eat my food
Now u making me remember †ђξ love of my life. Whenever she nags or something, i use that against her,LOL......i can Never leave that girl!!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
deloon: Just came across the thread... A girl once begged me on her knees not to leave her. I thought it was such a touching thing to do. I had to give in although not immediately. Few days later, I had reasons to regret....
wat reasons pls? share wit us. ve a splendid day!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Adolak(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
Girl, am not too proud to beg, i will KNEE DOWN kiss your ................line from 2face. If 2face can, who are you not to.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
My goodness, what are relationships coming to? The Op said "go on your knees and beg" that is totally different to appologising. When you appologise what does kneeling has to do with it?

In short I do, have and will always appologise to my loved one when I am wrong BUT TO KNEEL AND BEG IS SERIOUSLY ON ONOTHER LEVEL. Please also note that the Op did not say when you are wrong. Some men just want to leave for their insecurities and issues. WHY BEG? LET ALONE KNEEL? I believe if you love someone set them free if they were meant for you, they will be back if not good for you find yours.

The thing is with us ladies we like prolonging pain. When it could have come and gone. Begging someone to stay will mean that:
1. you have deal with the thoughts that at some point they did not want you
2. Whatever happened then might happen again.
3. You have to compromise a lot more not to push him away
4.He might cheat on you
5.He may end up leaving any way

And these men who want to be begged get a grip and be man enough not to need all this addoration. What happened to your self confidance?

Weakling!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by kingstony2k(m): 11:04am On Dec 18, 2014
well as for me Begging or no begging.no b my wahala.1 thing I learnt in dis world abt gal and guys relationship is one person must mess up b4 break up take place.If am d 1 dat messed up.I can never go on my knee if she like make go,after all am single b4 I meet her.D true fact is I don't date Nw I see it as a childish mentality.well as for me Begging or no begging.no b my wahala.1 thing I learnt in did world abt gal and guys relationship is one person must mess up b4 break up take place.If am d 1 dat messed up.I can never go on my knee if she like make go,after all am single b4 I meet her.D true fact is I don't date Nw I see it as a childish mentality.well as for me Begging or no begging.no b my wahala.1 thing I learnt in did world abt gal and guys relationship is one person must mess up b4 break up take place.If am d 1 dat messed up.I can never go on my knee if she like make go,after all am single b4 I meet her.D true fact is I don't date Nw I see it as a childish mentality.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by pomsky: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2014
4teelaw:
Tufiakwa!

For wetin.

.....d only reason you say this is because you have not enjoyed any relationship with a man. You don't know what love is and what being loved is. .......there r men who bring much sunshine, u would do anything 4 them, and will even kill to keep them!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Marries His Girlfriend Of 10 Years (Photos) / Telemundo Is Affecting My Relationship;please Help / Pre-wedding Photos Of My Fiancee And I. #we Cool Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.