Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,017 members, 7,939,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:23 PM

I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! (19829 Views)

5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / Photos Of Nigerians Scooping Petrol From Crashed Tanker On Ibadan Expressway / The Arrogance And Authoritarianism Of Mynd44 In Politics Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by onila(f): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2012
andrewza:

Not all of them but enough to make them all seem like whores. This is why AIDS spread so fast down here.

your women might be slutty. but they are really nice smiley some of the nicest girl ever. dats why many nigerian men are dating them

I am a Nigerian girl but i dont blame my men for dating them
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by babaowo: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
pDude:

Guy don't be silly angry

A little re-education on ur path will do you a lot of good. What is over population? Who told you Nigeria is overpopulated? Please do a joint study on Nigeria's population and its resources.

As concerned drug pushing, who keep the drug business going? Is it Nigerians? From economics, it can be inferred that the consumers are the major factor that maintain the steady supply of a commodity. Who are worse: the drug mules or final consumers?

You talk about scamming? Hahahaha! The westerners are the biggest scammers when it comes to 419. Nigerians run scamming on a small scale while these guys are worse. Examples are Shell oil, Phyzer, Bernie Madoff (Ponzi scheme), IMF. Go and do ur study on how these corporations have crippled countless countries and people.

My guy, shine ur eye. The media is a political tool used by many to blip out messages to the world. Nigeria and Nigerians are saints compared to what some others perpetrate. Do your study dude.
.... Some people don't know what's going on globaly, that's why they portrait nigeria as a bad countyr.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
andrewza:

How are we a joke?

Strongest economy in africa that is stable and growing.

17 largest stock exchange in the world.

South african company's and a world wide reach and are listed on over seas stock exchanges.

Working infrastructure that is being improved all the time.

We in the process of implementing free health care.

We survived a civil war and have come out has one nation. Though there is no love between whits and blacks, we can still work together.

This is a few things we can be proud about. Should I list more.

While most of the things you have listed above are unsubstantiated and unverifiable, i do not need you to take credits for things you have no idea how they came about.

Tell me the contributions of black south africans to the present state of south africa other than mugging and robbing people, xenophobia, killing yourselves and consuming all sorts of unspeakable drugs out there. It's like african americans taking credit for white peoples' immense contribution to the growth and advancement of the US while they are stuck in the ghettoes slinging dope and abusing the social security system.

The reason why i call you people a giant joke is because, your opening statement in that post was meant to deride Nigerians on how poor their education is while you couldn't even put together a coherent statement yourself.

Go to any south african blog and you would be assaulted with primary grade grammar, english mixed with zulu or just plain old bad english and spelling and you still have the gut to call out Nigerians.

You guys are pathetic.

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by andrewza: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
I have dyslexia so my spelling grammar are incredibly poor. Spell check only helps with words not sentence structure.

How is the points i mentioned unsubstantiated or unverifiable.

Black south african where prevent from succeeding in any way up to 1994. They have in a short time done a lot. MTN is a example it is now a black run company and is growing fast across africa. South Africa now has a stronger faster growing economy than during whit rule.

English is oven a second or third language in south africa.

If we are pathetic what dose that make Nigeria?
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by babaowo: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
andrewza:

How are we a joke?

Strongest economy in africa that is stable and growing.

17 largest stock exchange in the world.

South african company's and a world wide reach and are listed on over seas stock exchanges.

Working infrastructure that is being improved all the time.

We in the process of implementing free health care.

We survived a civil war and have come out has one nation. Though there is no love between whits and blacks, we can still work together.

This is a few things we can be proud about. Should I list more.
... Your country is like that because white men choosed to live there. Simple!
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by andrewza: 7:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
And why do we choose to stay. Whit south africans are every much african has black africans.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by sexyverah(f): 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2012
if we r arrogant let that b our worries.. it takes a arrogant person to knw a arrogant person
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by babaowo: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
andrewza: And why do we choose to stay. Whit south africans are every much african has black africans.
.... NO is quite different
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by andrewza: 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
babaowo: .... NO is quite different

Why do you say that.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
grin
I posted this 2 weeks agoand it's still here. Anyway, my points still stand and some replies only reinforce my views of certain people. Thankfully, a lot also understand where I'm coming from. We have a long way to go and until some people travel out from their insular bubble, they wouldn't realize just how far behind we truly are. We need a radical transformation of our fortunes and until then, it's better we work assiduously towards a brighter future while showing a little humility. We're simply in no position to look down on anyone.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by babaowo: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
andrewza:

Why do you say that.
... I lived in southy almost 4 years in early 90's, and i have many south african's friends in perkins while working in uk, so i knew exactly what I'm talking about.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by andrewza: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2012
Still need a answer. Why are whit south africans not africans.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Ignatio(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2012
Opposing the OP topic is a display of arrogance.

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by stepo707: 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2012
Yes Nigerians are arrogant.Its in us.We like showing off too much.But then i think its fun cos almost all the countries in the world beef us too much.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Blackbody20(m): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
God bless u
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Blackbody20(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

You're actually one of those whose silly comments I read on that thread yesterday spewing complete drivel. Like I said, embrace a little humility - it doesn't hurt.
[color=#990000][quote author=Obi1kenobi]

na so o
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by solomon111(m): 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
Obi1kenobi: I’ve observed Nigerians are incredibly arrogant and I’m often left wondering what makes this conceited posturing justifiable. I was reading a thread yesterday enquiring as to why South Africans and Ghanaians hate Nigerians and the predictable response from several delusional people was the usual rhetoric about how everyone envies us and what not. I think many of us have to start appreciating a few home truths:
1) Nigeria is one of the most impoverished nations on the planet and ranks extremely low on every single index measuring standard of living and development. We generally only out-perform war-torn or drought ravaged countries like Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea etc.
2) No foreigner who appreciates order and security would love to come to a country like Nigeria. Expatriates in this country are some of the highest paid in the world because of the adverse, hazardous working conditions.
3) Being an overpopulated, lumbering, befuddled giant doesn’t make us the “giant of Africa”. I don’t see why any sensible person should brag about our population as some kind of virtue – else we may as well claim to be greater than every country in Europe simply cos we pop out kids like rabbits putting greater strain on scarce resources. What makes this line of reasoning even worse is that we are a contrived product of our colonial masters who have left us with a big socio-political challenge to surmount. Our size is probably more an inhibitive hindrance than an advantage to thump our chests about.
4) We’re not smarter or richer or better looking than the countries we flood with all our vices. It’s hilarious, pretentious, delusional, wishful thinking. Little separates the average Southern Nigerian from the average Ghanaian or Cameroonian or Ivorian or the average Northern Nigerian from the average Nigerien or Senegalese or Sudanese etc. Any pretentions to the contrary is just subscribing to the delusion that makes us loathed outside these shores.
5) We’re a society as mediocre as they come and applaud mediocrity from the banal music of D’banj to our embarrassing movie industry to the mediocre politicians we love to cheer for the most mundane accomplishments.

Basically, there’s absolutely nothing spectacular about us and our insufferable arrogance is totally unjustified and contributes to why citizens of many other countries find us totally contemptible. When you think of France, you think of well aged Bordeaux wine, high fashion and couture, romance, beautiful cities etc; when you think of Italy, you’re thinking of great cuisine, beautiful ancient cities of Venice, Florence, Rome, great art, opera etc; when Nigeria is heard around the world, people think of scammers and frauds, drug pushers, venal, avaricious politicians, exported prostitutes etc.

That’s why we’re blacklisted from utilizing certain web services, that’s why we’re humiliated and rejected in every embassy. I never subscribe to stereotype and judge everyone on their merits as individuals but I’d like to see a little humility and acknowledgement of our failures as a nation rather than the rabid chest thumping. It’s the first step to making progress.

And for the record, I’m a full-blooded Anambrarian pointing out some plain facts rather than a foreigner on the attack. Personal/national pride is one thing (however misguided); unbridled arrogance and hubris is on a whole different scale.
This guy is a slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by solomon111(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
olayinka1987:

Then they should also embrace humility. If you come onto a Nigerian website and attack Nigerians I will attack you back. Why should Nigerians bend over and take it in the ass? I'm tired of bottom sniffing "Nigerians" that will defend every other African country before they defend Nigeria. Is Nigeria the only country that has fraudsters and drug dealers? Is the rest of Africa a bed of roses like certain people try too make out? Why is it okay for others to bad mouth Nigerians but when we do the same, we're automatically in the wrong? South Africans and Ghanaians were saying negative things about Nigerians so I replied undecided. Does that make me arrogant for telling a few home truths? Am I the bad guy for that? No way.

I'm not one too chest beat but I tell it like it is. Nigeria IS the powerhouse of West Africa. If not us, who would it be? Ghana? Please!!! Ghana is doing well for herself at the moment but rich Nigerians living Ghana contribute greatly to their economy, this cannot be overlooked. Ghana is a small country with a small population. There is almost as much money in the city of Lagos than there is in the entire country of Ghana. Now is that me hating or am I telling the truth? You only have too look it up on Google. Numbers don't lie. Who else is the powerhouse in West Africa if not us? Ivory Coast, Gambia, Liberia? not a chance. It's Nigeria. The only problem is we suffer from a disease called the Government. They're the ones stealing all the money. Nigeria has helped many countries in West Africa. Imagine all the money we have given Ghana over the years. When countries need help in West Africa they come too Nigeria. Fact. Call me arrogant all you want. I'm simply stating facts.

I'm humble but I'm not a doormat. Respect me and I will respect you. It's that simple.
Do you mind the fool?!
He actually has self esteem issues
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by solomon111(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

You've just come down to all I've alluded to. A lot of your comments are factually incorrect and display the unjustified arrogance I'm talking about. Ghana being smaller doesn't make them inferior. Switzerland, Sweden, Deenmark, Norway, Finland, Holland etc are small countries, yet they're light years ahead of us. Ghana may be a smaller country but it's a better one. Many Nigerians are flocking there to exploit their institutions and infrastructure and security and stability. If Nigeria is the giant of Africa simply cos the British lumped some tribes together in an ill-fated contraption, then we're a big joke. Numbers count for little if you're seemingly impervious to progress.
You are a f00l!
The Gdp of lagos alone is higher than that of ghana.
In otherwords,the standard of living in lagos alone is higher than that of ghana.
How dare you compare a ghana which is the size of a Nigerian state to a populous nation like Nigeria with all its population-induced problems.
You sir,are a slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by solomon111(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
omosexy1: This is simply the truth, told in a raw but harsh way. Ghana of yesterday is the fastest growing economy in sub-saharan Africa. I do not understand why a visitor would go to another man's house, rather than comport himself, he begins to struggle his wife and land from him. I read a news on a website about drug mobsters and gangsterism being instigated in Italy by Nigerians; they shoot italian mobsters for a share of drugs. In South-Africa, an average Nigerian is seen as a drug lord. Our president is busy forming committee upon committee, while corruption and indiscipline are being perpetrated in all aspects of our personal lives. The things that happen in this country cannot be found elsewhere in the world e.g. How can we live side by side with terrorists and we pretend that everything is alright, our president is even calling on foreign investors to come and invest; how can you explain a young man without any education, travels abroad and within a month or two begins to send vehicles back to the country and when he returns he comes with loads of cash, rather than ask where did you get this money, chieftaincy title is bestowed on him; how can one explain to the world what's a permanent secretary or a governor doing with loads of cash while traveling. We see these things we keep quiet and move on with life.

Visit any embassy and see how Nigerians sit on the floor or being harassed by security operatives all in the name of Visa. Then we travel out, we infiltrate these countries with our vices, we rob them, we kill them, we sell them drugs, we play on the intelligence of their women, men and financial institutions. Then you think these countries will be happy with us and want to have future dealings with us. They don't envy us, they despise us with passion. Check our Nigeria's ranking on transparency.org and see our Corruption Perception Index, check CBN website and see our GDP and Inflation rate, or rather check FIFA.com and see our football ranking. What is good about this country?

Please Nigerians lets wake up from our fantasies, we are no Giant of Africa, we are a poor nation and very egotistic. We go at any length to inflict pains to the lives of other humans and even to ourselves, just because our cultural values has been aligned to the amount of wealth one can possess.

Yes we have the resources and the ability to play a vital role in Africa but we are not there yet, we are not even close, our leaders are still dancing with the masquerades and still keeping us in deception.

GOD HELP US.
Who wrote this piece of trash?
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Impulse80(m): 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

Like I said in the article, I'm from Anambra so I'm Nigerian. Just calling out some arrogant Nigerians who sully our name with their arrogance.
You just disgraced anambra state! Stop deficating on your di.ck and take this advice: if you cannot defend this country just go and hide your head in shame!
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by akinmax: 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
THE strength of any country is it MAN POWER, either Skilled, semi-skilled, or unskilled man power.The greatest resources Nigeria has is it Man power!.It should never appear to be a curse!.It should be a blessing if properly earnest.All we need is good leader to champion the cause.since the good people in this counrty is 90% more than the bad .Good will win the battle one day, and we will rise again.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by EagleNest(m): 11:34pm On Apr 05, 2012
Naturally, Nigerians are proud people and that should not necessarily be classed as being arrogant. Like Americans, we are naturally aggressive and have this domineering tendency whereever we find ourselves. This attribute has not made us a 'beloved' in the eyes of some African Nations although some do actually like us.We always strive to be first in many things except governing ourselves(we have failed woefully on this).Where other African countries would chicken-out, Nigeria would want to try.This is not about economics or infrastructural development but just a kind of inherent trait. My Gambian friend once referred to us as America in Africa not because we are highly developed but because we are too forward with life. Many Africans are laid back and are just recently waking up, coming out of their cocoons and riding on the back of Nigeria's aggressiveness (positive one). Nollywood, for example is a phenomenon that projects Black Africa to the whole world and it's Nigeria brand.

Honestly, Nigeria was once a promising and respected country as I was told by my parents but nowadays things are no longer at ease. In fact, Things appears to be falling apart. However inspite of all these problems we are still pushing...that's the spirit I am talking not necessarily arrogance. Survival Instincts!

The greatest regret as a Nation is that somehow, the foundational problem bedevilling Nigeria has not been solved for the past 50yrs. We have not been fortunate with leadership and we are yet to understand ourselves.Believe me, if we had been lucky with governance and mixing it with our inherent proudness, we will be admired worldwide.

I like some of the contributions here but unfortunately it's kind of saying the obvious - solution is what we need. Whether SA or Ghana or Botswana is/are the best, it does not really matter now. What matters is how do we solve our biggest problem of 'leadership' and 'followership'?

2 Likes

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by khukhi(f): 12:03am On Apr 06, 2012
cry cry cry cry
Sad but true. And the sad thing is I wonder who we are awaiting for to deal with our problems as a country. Everyone just complaints or runs away... I guess we are awaiting for the Messiah too. sad
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 06, 2012
You don't need to go too far to find out -comments on Nairaland are testament to that.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by webbaba: 1:18am On Apr 06, 2012
A whole truth and nothing but the truth
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by tzooh: 3:40am On Apr 06, 2012
olayinka1987:

Then they should also embrace humility. If you come onto a Nigerian website and attack Nigerians I will attack you back. Why should Nigerians bend over and take it in the ass? I'm tired of bottom sniffing "Nigerians" that will defend every other African country before they defend Nigeria. Is Nigeria the only country that has fraudsters and drug dealers? Is the rest of Africa a bed of roses like certain people try too make out? Why is it okay for others to bad mouth Nigerians but when we do the same, we're automatically in the wrong? South Africans and Ghanaians were saying negative things about Nigerians so I replied undecided. Does that make me arrogant for telling a few home truths? Am I the bad guy for that? No way.

I'm not one too chest beat but I tell it like it is. Nigeria IS the powerhouse of West Africa. If not us, who would it be? Ghana? Please!!! Ghana is doing well for herself at the moment but rich Nigerians living Ghana contribute greatly to their economy, this cannot be overlooked. Ghana is a small country with a small population. There is almost as much money in the city of Lagos than there is in the entire country of Ghana. Now is that me hating or am I telling the truth? You only have too look it up on Google. Numbers don't lie. Who else is the powerhouse in West Africa if not us? Ivory Coast, Gambia, Liberia? not a chance. It's Nigeria. The only problem is we suffer from a disease called the Government. They're the ones stealing all the money. Nigeria has helped many countries in West Africa. Imagine all the money we have given Ghana over the years. When countries need help in West Africa they come too Nigeria. Fact. Call me arrogant all you want. I'm simply stating facts.

I'm humble but I'm not a doormat. Respect me and I will respect you. It's that simple.
I am really suprised by this misguided information you have posted above. I wont deny that there are many nigerians living in Ghana that are contributing to our economy. Infact Nigeria accounts for approximately 60% of Ghana's investment but investment only forms about 3% of Ghana's total GDP. Indeed Ghana is a small country with a small population, but like you said we are doing well for ourself. Now to your claim that there is almost as much money in Lagos as there is in the entire Ghana, i will tell you point blank that it is a lie. As a matter of fact, I figured out why many Nigerians believe Lagos State's GDP is bigger than that of Ghana. Well, many people don't know that there are two types of GDP which are the nominal gdp and the purchasing power parity (PPP) GDP. Now many people boast that the Lagos state GDP was hovering about 30 billion while Ghana's GDP was around 25 billion dollars. But this was a complete miscontrue of the nominal and PPP of both the state and country. The lagos 30 billion to Ghana's 25 billion was actually a comparison of Ghana's nominal to Lagos's PPP GDP. Just to let you know this 30 to 25 billion data was back in 2007. And in 2007 Ghana's GDP PPP was around 65 billion twice that of Lagos GDP PPP. Now Lagos's GDP nominal back then was 19 billion compared to Ghana's 25 billion. Now it is 2012 and Lagos state's GDP PPP is 33 billion according to Canback Global Income Distribution website while Ghana's current GDP PPP is 82 billion according to IMF database meaning Ghana's GDP PPP is 2.5 times better than that of your infamous lagos state. As of 2012 Ghana's GDP nominal is nearly 46 billion while that of Lagos state as of 2011 is 21.3 billion according to Canback Global Income Distribution which is twice that of Lagos state compared to the 2007 figures of 25 billion to 19 which has a ratio of 1.316. Ghana's economy as of 2012 is the third fastest in the world at a rate of 13.5% behind Qatar 18% and Mongolia 17.3%. On the same note, Ghana's GDP PPP per capita is $3,100 as of 2011 compared to Nigeria's $2,500 as of 2011. GDP per capita proves that if Ghana had nigeria's population and resources of 170,123,740 people, Ghana would be producing at a GDP PPP of $527383594000 (527 billion dollars) compared to nigeria's current $414.5 billion. While I wont deny that Nigeria's GDP PPP of 414 billion dollars is 5 times greater than that of Ghana's 82 billion, I think you should not ignore the fact that due to Nigeria bigger population which is 7 times Ghana's 24 million. As a result Nigeria has a bigger labor force. Nigeria's active labor force as of 2012 is 50.1 million people twice ghana's population and 6 times Ghana's labor force of 8 million labor force. But now in order to see how great Nigeria is, please lets compare Nigeria to countries of similar resources and population like Brazil which has a population of 180 million people but is operating at a GDP PPP of 2 trillion dollars compared to Nigeria's 414.5 billion. Lets look at Russia which has a population of almost 160 billion (close enough to Nigeria's population) is operating at 2.3 trillion dollars and Japan operating at 4 trillion with almost 14o million people and Pakistan operating at 500 billion with a 170 million population. Even Pakistan is well off. Now lets compare Ghana to countries within its own population range namely North Korea, Yemen, Nepal, Afghanistan, and Taiwan. Lets start with Taiwan first, which undoubtedly is ahead of Ghana with an operation of 888 billion in GDP PPP with a population of 24 million. But looking at North Korea with a population of also 24 million is operating at 40 billion dollars GDP PPP, and Yemen with a population of 25 million has a GDP of 65 billion and Nepal with Population 26 million is operating at 36 billion. Plus Afghanistan with a population of 25 million has a GDP PPP of 26 billion. This data above shows that Ghana is producing at a similar rate or even higher compared to countries which essentially have the same population as Ghana. On the other hand, while Nigeria's population compatriots are operating in trillions, Nigeria is way behind not even operating at half a trillion. Furthermore, Ghana's population below poverty line is 22% which is roughly 5 million people in Ghana while Nigeria's population below poverty line is 119 million people - Interesting fact for you.
Now you also said that Ghana borrows from Nigeria and yet all of Ghana's external debt are owed to China and the United States. Please dont get it twisted because Nigeria does not provide nothing for Ghana. As one of Ghana's major trade partners, Nigeria only supplies oil to Ghana which Ghana pays for, its not like Nigeria is giving the oil to Ghana for free. Eventually, Ghana's dependence on Nigeria's oil supply will diminish since Ghana found oil and also because the electric company of Ghana is putting into plans major projects in Northern Ghana to ensure that solar and wind power provides at least 20% of Ghana's energy supply after 2013 and also because Ghana's BUI dam has been completed and its first generator will go into operation in the fourth quarter of 2012 with a plan of supplying nearly 40% of Ghana's energy supply by the turn of 2013 in order to facilitate the Akosombo Dam.
Not to mention the fact that Ghana has a better political stability and security. No MEND or Bokom Haram killing our citizens and bombing our capital city during joyous moments like Independence day.
I personally believe that Nigeria will rise above all odds. It has so much potential and the population is a resource yet to be tapped. But Lets see Nigeria catch up. I really want to see that day BTW this is a little video i love on youtube about Nigeria, its called Naija shall rise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA0FvIOa9ZY

3 Likes

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by nigerisgreat: 4:22am On Apr 06, 2012
What is wrong with Africans? STOP COMPARING!!!!
It is about how rich a country is, or how big it is, or how much resources it has. It is how the nation keeps it social contract. What should citizens expect from their country? Here are my some of tentative points.
Is the country able to deliver to its population aspirations such as:
Reduction of poverty
Access to basic health care
Access to education
Protection of the most vulnerable-women and children
Basic infrastructure for comfort and critical situations
Freedom from fear
Security
Minority protection
Civil liberties
Responsive elected officials
Fair share of distribution of resources with sensitivity to the most vulnerable
Efficient public official
Progressive attainment to an equitable society where the rich is adjusted and the poor secured
Ethnic harmony

If any country, be it Ghana or Nigeria, want to win the bragging rights, so be it, but show me the money. Yes US is a great nation, I live here. Personally, I will bat for Norway anytime "t" for putting its citizens first. It is not about Ghana or Nigeria!!! We being pissed on by a few elites who taking billions of dollars of our money, and we fighting about which country is better. I don't which is is sad: any attempt to jump at criticisms or our moral blindness about what is going on. Perhaps, nationality overrides anything. HOW SAD
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 06, 2012
This thread is sooo annoying angry angry
How many of you guys have lived in these countries before jumping into your rather annoying conclusions that the other countries are better than Naija?. I agree that things are at the very worst here and so many people are very bitter as a result but by what standards do you guys compare the other countries to Nigeria or the other way round? what nonsense! None of these countries are developed and we are here busy making comparisons on which country's worse off/better off! angry All these countries have almost identical problems. I agree that a lot of Nigerians are proud and so also are Ghanians/South Afrians,yes, after all MONKEY NO FINE BUT EM MAMA LIKE AM. To Ghanians their country is better than Nigeria, the same way most Nigerians feel about the other African countries too. As far as I am concerned, no African country is better than another; our major problems are all the same, be it South Africa, Nigeria, or Ghana.
How much of the so-called GDP growth has improved the lives of the poor/living conditions in these countries?? Me I no see the way wey any African country take beta pass my naija o,even with the corruption/social unrest here, we are all at the same level if you look closely.

Even from the comments above, it is very clear that most Africans generally lay emphasis on the least important things, a situation that has contributed in slowing down progress in this part of the world. We should concentrate on what binds us all together.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 06, 2012
I still wonder why I am sooo angry angry! Gosh I love dis country o but... grin grin
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by mamagee3(f): 6:07am On Apr 06, 2012
Some nigerians are arrogant not all though.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by ocelot2006(m): 7:08am On Apr 06, 2012
WORD!

olayinka1987:

I'm not one too chest beat but I tell it like it is. Nigeria IS the powerhouse of West Africa. If not us, who would it be? Ghana? Please!!! Ghana is doing well for herself at the moment but rich Nigerians living Ghana contribute greatly to their economy, this cannot be overlooked. Ghana is a small co
untry with a small population. There is almost as much money in the city of Lagos than there is in the entire country of Ghana. Now is that me hating or am I telling the truth? You only have too look it up on Google. Numbers don't lie. Who else is the powerhouse in West Africa if not us? Ivory Coast, Gambia, Liberia? not a chance. It's Nigeria. The only problem is we suffer from a disease called the Government. They're the ones stealing all the money. Nigeria has helped many countries in West Africa. Imagine all the money we have given Ghana over the years. When countries need help in West Africa they come too Nigeria. Fact. Call me arrogant all you want. I'm simply stating facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Do For Fun? / Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities / Talking Drum Alujo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.