Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,938 members, 7,899,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:15 AM

March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria (22300 Views)

UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / Solar Eclipse In Ghana / Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Yewande3(f): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2006
Thats a good one glessor, blurry or not! cheesy
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Efenuabor(f): 11:43am On Mar 29, 2006
this are the best pictures i have seen of nature. thanks to everyone out there who took a shot. with this i feel privleged to be alive afterall it happens once in a life time and some people my age never got to see it. GOD IS GOOD TO ME wink
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Efenuabor(f): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2006
this are the best pictures i have seen of nature. thanks to everyone out there who took a shot. with this i feel privleged to be alive afterall it happens once in a life time and some people my age never got to see it. GOD IS GOOD TO ME wink
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by hummerv(m): 11:51am On Mar 29, 2006
Efenuabor u r so superstitious. dayuum
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Adetola(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2006
Seun, where were those pictures taken?
what we in Ijebu Ode area of ogun witnessed was partial eclipse, but afterwards the sun was so crystal clear that it seemed like the sky was brightened by Halogen
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by micklplus(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2006
Yeah, that was a beautiful thing to behold ! i was at work and i saw it on the T.V and i was like: whuaooooo shocked its brings to bear the knowledge of geography we did in those days. its good to put into practice or into reality what one learnt. i have truly enjoyed the sight !
Cheers guyz
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2006
@Adetola

I am not sure where Seun took his pics, Mine were taken at Egbeda, Lagos (about 9km from Ikeja).
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2006
I took mine in Sango Ota, Ogun State, where I live.

At the darkest point of the eclipse it was as dark as it is in the evening or when it's about to rain. That's the point at which I took the later set of pictures by pointing the camera directly at the cloudy sky. The first set was taken by pointing the camera at a reflective water basin. It was a partial eclipse in my area.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Saddam: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2006
The Eclispe was Partial From in my location
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by wendytilda(f): 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2006
Oh i wish i saw the eclipse!
Thanks you guys for the pics.
Please can someone tell me how long it stayed?
It was not only in Nigeria it was also in Turkey(just 4mins) and some other parts of the world.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Skidoc(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2006
Absolutely wonderful!!! Bless all our photographers! wink
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2006
i experienced a partial eclipse of the sun at about 9:36 this morning and i had on a uv glasses,and my brother took some pictures,i would like to share the picture with other members.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by abbgstar(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2006
i saw the eclippse today at Ibadan for the first time in life and it was so amazing too bad i don't have a video camera to film the whole thing.the pictures taken by seun are absolutely most fantastic.i must confess you guys are doing a very nice job over here at nairaland please keep it up.at least with the pictures displayed here people who are not in those locations will be able to see them.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Badman888(m): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2006
Nice pics Seun, you can find out when the next solar eclipse would be at your area from this Site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by opeemi1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2006
The view was very cool,though my first time of seeing it in Nigeria.
I would love to appreciate the Nigerians that where able to get the glimpse of the eclipse when it occured.
This shows your interest in what happened.
                                                                                                                        GOOD WORK.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Efenuabor(f): 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2006
@ Hummer V

define "superstious"
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2006
Seun Babaa, Big ups man! nice nice nice  smiley
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by BernieBoy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2006
Na waoh scienctist this time ma don de try oh,

Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by demmy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2006
seun and others thanx for those great pictures. well done. grin
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Efenuabor(f): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2006
@ Bermard

is that how you were looking at the time of the eclipse because i don't undastand why you shld send you ersonal pix when everyone is send that of the eclipse. Boyfriend get your priotrities right
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Badman888(m): 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy looking at the eclipse, but you are supposed to pic of the eclipse if you had one
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by cosbidy: 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2006
Wonderful!
Please, could sombody send me the pictures by email(nyavoe@yahoo.fr). I'am in cameroun now.

thanks
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2006
Just right click the pictures and select "Save Image As", but try to include a link to this page.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by robby1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2006
I managed to get some pics with my digital camera. they were the best i could get.
i used a smoked transparent glass (included in the pics) to view it it served as a protection for my eye and for a better

Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by afrobeat: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2006
Those of you who posted pictures, thanks a bunch !!!!
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Seye(m): 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2006
This is the pix from a friend in Saki

Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2006
Wooh. Now that's a total eclipse! And it's so bright, despite the sun being completely covered.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by Maxflame(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2006
I was expecting some evil to be born in the process so the world would become exciting. cry wink
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by saints2(f): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2006
Thanks All,Its So Awesome to Have People Like you.Thanks for all the Pixs,And for you All our Camera Crew God Bless you.This will Forever stay in My Memory.Thanks,cos this is once in a Lifetime Opporunity,Thank God We Witness.

Thanks All.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by dessi(f): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2006
Hello friends , we had in Europe - Romania also a partial eclipse today , i got few pictures for you , hope u will like them . We live so far away, but the sun its only one for everybody grin

Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by IAH(f): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2006
Wow! I missed such a great experience. embarassed sad Thanks for the pictures.
Re: March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2006
I experienced a partial eclipse of the sun this morning at about 9:36 and my brother got a few shots using his camera even though it is not very clear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / How To Pass The Interview For America Visa Lottery Winners / Reconstruction Of Gate-oje-beere-oja To Oba-molete Under Bridge by GSM govt(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.