Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,842 members, 7,945,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:23 AM

Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith (840 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Living Faith Church Is 30 / Faith Is Trusting God, Not Belief In Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faith by Infourmer: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2007
What I have closely noticed on this religion section is that,there are so much critics who have forgotten the fact that righteousness is not by works but a free gift from God based on Faith.

Remember anyone who comes to Him(God)must believe that he is, and a rewarder of them that diligently seeks him.

Without faith its impossible to please Him.

For faith without works is dead. But come, what is faith?

It's in the Bible, Hebrews 11:1, TLB. "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead."

Jesus is the source of faith. It's in the Bible, Luke 17:5, TLB. "One day the apostles said to the Lord, 'We need more faith; tell us how to get it.'" Romans 10:17, NIV says, "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the Word of Christ."

Real faith is believing in what Christ has done for us. It's in the Bible, Romans 5:1, TLB. "So now, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith in his promises, we can have real peace with Him because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us."

Faith is trusting God in everything. It's in the Bible, Hebrews 10:38, TLB. "And those whose faith has made them good in God's sight must live by faith, trusting Him in everything. Otherwise, if they shrink back, God will have no pleasure in them."

Weak faith can become strong faith with God's help. It's in the Bible, Mark 9:24, TLB. "The father instantly replied, 'I do have faith; oh, help me to have more!'"

I don't know what y'all think but am so sure about something,that some people in here will always find fault with something here or the other.But its being put into consideration already so y'all welcome cheesy

Basically post what you think Faith is to you, and how its helping and active in your present life grin

(1) (Reply)

Almajiri In Senegal (called Talibes) / Student Christian Movement (scm) - Identify Here Pls / After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.