Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,428 members, 7,911,061 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:49 AM

The Various Portraits Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Various Portraits Of God (3363 Views)

The Various Names Of Allah In Arabic With English Interpretation. / Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: The Various Portraits Of God by tbaba12345: 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2012
This will be my last post : I hope we continue this discussion someday: because there are many other proofs of revelation.

If i chose one meaning: the excuse would be

"He chose the one that looked closest to that stage of embryonic development"

However we can see how a perfect word was chosen that covers different aspects of that stage;; It is part of the remarkable nature of this book that it incoporates all of the meanings of the word into the sentence structure and it is not not just here

the word choice astounds me all the time::: just one word is used to describe a stage: To me that is just remarkable::

Even if you say, choose one meaning:: It stills describes something that happens in that stage of development:: The attempt to link it to galen is the biggest fail of the atheist narrative:: Even a 5 year old arab boy can see the difference in the words::

I know you always try to find an explanation that excludes God: I think the delusion of the atheist viewpoint has been fairly evident here:

The attempt to try and explain the unexplainable is almost ludicrous, Conspiracy theories, unknown egyptian oral traditions; Greek deep ocean knowledge... comeon man!

It's been fun

Enjoy your weekend::
Re: The Various Portraits Of God by mazaje(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2012
tbaba12345:

He never said Islam brought peace to europe: Adnan made references to the telling contributions of the Islamic civilisation to the european: And that is a fact: No one denies that.

Islam bringing peace to Europe and the entire world was what he said?. . .That my friend is completely false. . .

Olodo: the word is protected in the Arabic language: Tamida the word used is this case could mean to shake or sway: Sometimes the english language is insufficient to translate a word in the Quran and we result to sentences to capture the full meaning: Wrting a translation does not give you the chance to do that: so you select a word that captures the meaning best based on your understanding and vocabulary,

To shake or sway does not include is different from to tumble, no?. . .After trying very different rendering of the narrative and failing at all of them the new excuse is that the english language is insufficient to translate a word in the koran and you guys result to sentences to capture full meaning. .That is simply not true the english language is one of the richest languages in the world, richer than arabic, sentences are used here to add extra meaning and dribble around. . .Who now is the olodo?. . .

The Quran is only the Quran in the Arabic Languagr

Then why waste time translating it to english, since the english language is insufficient?. . .

Alaqa does mean all of that: If i favour one meaning over the other then id be dishonest

It can mean all of that but when used in context it can only have one meaning, it can not mean to cling and to suckle at the same time when used as a word in a particular sentence. . .

The miracle nature is the fact that one word can capture things happening simultaneously in the development of the embryo at the same time; Even during the linguistic analysis of the quran in many areas: one word can capture different ideas: a translator can only capture one at a time:

This is simply false and fraudulent. . .It is only muslim apologist that use this excuse to deluded themselves and others around them. . .Words with very different meanings when used in context actually mean one not all the different meanings at once. . .

All of the meanings here are straightforward by the way::

The embry clings to the womb, suckles blood and looks worm-like

Where is the dribbling there??

It is either the koran means the embryo clicks to the womb, or suckles blood or worm like when used in a sentence these are 3 different words, it can not all mean the same when used in as a word in a sentence. . .If that is the case every body can play the same game. . . William Craig used the same tricks muslims used for your Hamza and left him confused and exposed the folly of it all to him. . .He is very good at Greek. . .
Re: The Various Portraits Of God by mazaje(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
tbaba12345: This will be my last post : I hope we continue this discussion someday: because there are many other proofs of revelation.

Nothing like revelation, your claimed human embryology was not known at that time, showed you that muslims doctors agree that Galen and the islamic model are similar, said that no body knew mountains have deep roots, showed you that the book of Jonah written thousands of year before the koran was written mentions it. .Even the talk about the depth of the sea as the darkest part might have been known by people that predate the koran which i am yet to lay my hands on and show you. . .Ancient Greek philosophers have written and spoken about things they could not possible have know at that time long before the koran was written, thing we are just discovering or just discovered not long ago. . .Democritus for example suggested that there are different worlds and the the stars are worlds away from use. . .Not long ago we discovered that the stars actually have planets and are solar systems like ours. . . Remember he made this suggestion when there was nothing like a telescope existing. . .Did he get the revelation from Zeus or any of the pantheon of Greek Gods?. . .

If i chose one meaning: the excuse would be

"He chose the one that looked closest to that stage of embryonic development"

However we can see how a perfect word was chosen that covers different aspects of that stage;; It is part of the remarkable nature of this book that it incoporates all of the meanings of the word into the sentence structure and it is not not just here

the word choice astounds me all the time::: just one word is used to describe a stage: To me that is just remarkable::

Nope, the translated words which you claim are insufficient are giving very different meanings, each of them(different words) are then applied and used to dribble through in the name of explaining. . .In the real arabic context any of the different meanings can only be applied to mean one thing at a time. Nothing wrong with choosing the closest, but applying different meanings of a word at the same time is fraudulent. . .Any body can do this nonsense. . .

Even if you say, choose one meaning:: It stills describes something that happens in that stage of development:: The attempt to link it to galen is the biggest fail of the atheist narrative:: Even a 5 year old arab boy can see the difference in the words::

The first person to link it to Galen is a muslim so I really do not understand what you are saying here. . . .And its true, they are a bit similar. . .Even if it is in one stage that is the 4th stage which you deliberately left out of your listing of the Galen stages. .

I know you always try to find an explanation that excludes God: I think the delusion of the atheist viewpoint has been fairly evident here:

It is your delusion that is actually evident here, Actually the God did it explanation has never benefited any body, because there are many different Gods with different explanations as to how they either created the universe or make things to happen. . .

The attempt to try and explain the unexplainable is almost ludicrous, Conspiracy theories, unknown egyptian oral traditions; Greek deep ocean knowledge... comeon man!

Unexplainable?. . .There is actually nothing in the koran that could not have been written by people that lived at that time. . .rather there were many things that people that lived long before the koran knew about the nature of the earth and the universe that the writers of the koran did not even know about. . .

It's been fun

Enjoy your weekend::

Same here, enjoy your weekend as well. . . wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Tolerant Is God? / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) / 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.