Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,048 members, 7,886,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! (4663 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 / Igbo And Yoruba Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by beblessed(f): 3:00am On May 15, 2012
Some pipo are just silly. Pagan 9ja, my sure if someone should insult ur parents, u would nt find it funny. Hw does marrying from outside ur tribe make u weak? Pls mind the way u talk about others
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25am On May 15, 2012
Zilja:

I'm not Igbo either but I have consideration towards other people feelings and their problems. What you are speaking is not truth, its call OPINION and everybody is entitled, and it's your prerogative.

Good. so then why are you crying you yourself just said that it is my "opinion", right? and that im entitled to it and its my prerogative(special power/right/privilege)

beblessed: Some pipo are just silly. Pagan 9ja, my sure if someone should insult ur parents, u would nt find it funny. Hw does marrying from outside ur tribe make u weak? Pls mind the way u talk about others

there is nothing to insult about my parents, and im sure i would be able to defend it appropriately. When a person belongs to a tribe, he/she has a duty towards preserving its rich, culture, heritage, bloodline, etc. The culture of a tribe depends on the continuation of its purer bloodline.(i dont need to go into details. remember what happened to the Native Americans and the Early Europeans??) When a person cannot commit this basic duty by marrying among his people, within a tribe that has given him everything: his identity, culture, a life, etc., he has no sense of responsibility.

Now the reason why i said that is because its pretty much obvious. A person only does such things when feels horn.y/sexually tempted to such a woman. And everyone knows todays already mixed white woman are expert at the art of seduction. Now, the reason why i called him weak, because such a person who is ready to leave all his past behind for a white-skinned hotness is a man who can be easily misled. who knows what other things can tempt him to do things. maybe money, more women, etc.. This is just my thorough analysis of course.
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Ideasroole: 5:11pm On May 15, 2012
zannie: There are thousands of Igbos married to non-Igbos. I'm Igbo myself so I know. We may be very traditional when it comes to marriages, but I know we are open hearted and welcoming. Nobody should be seizing ur fiance's passport in this era just because he wants to marry you. He should have a very long talk with his people. He's a grown ass man, and should fight for what both of u have, if he loves you just as much as you love him. Unless his father's brothers have something against him or had something against his father, I see no reason why they should behave this way
Grammar!!! U of ol ppl n again being an Igbo lady should knw beta n dat it goes far beyond d spouse bt even d children.
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Zilja(f): 9:59pm On May 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Good. so then why are you crying you yourself just said that it is my "opinion", right? and that im entitled to it and its my prerogative(special power/right/privilege)

there is nothing to insult about my parents, and im sure i would be able to defend it appropriately. When a person belongs to a tribe, he/she has a duty towards preserving its rich, culture, heritage, bloodline, etc. The culture of a tribe depends on the continuation of its purer bloodline.(i dont need to go into details. remember what happened to the Native Americans and the Early Europeans??) When a person cannot commit this basic duty by marrying among his people, within a tribe that has given him everything: his identity, culture, a life, etc., he has no sense of responsibility.

Now the reason why i said that is because its pretty much obvious. A person only does such things when feels horn.y/sexually tempted to such a woman. And everyone knows todays already mixed white woman are expert at the art of seduction. Now, the reason why i called him weak, because such a person who is ready to leave all his past behind for a white-skinned hotness is a man who can be easily misled. who knows what other things can tempt him to do things. maybe money, more women, etc.. This is just my thorough analysis of course.

Blah Blah Blah. I'm sick of hearing about marrying among your kind. As if! Stay in your box and we'll be fine.
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:05pm On May 15, 2012
Zilja:

Blah Blah Blah. I'm sick of hearing about marrying among your kind. As if! Stay in your box and we'll be fine.

is that all you could come up with and who are you to talk about African culture you whose people only know drugs and how to make por.nographic tapes and top 10 ways to get into jail and produce illegitimate kids.

so much for "Land of the Free". smh i would rather live in my box. tongue
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by merge(f): 4:53am On May 17, 2012
Let his family disown him. They don't want you. Plain and Simple !!!
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Zilja(f): 6:41pm On May 17, 2012
quote author=PAGAN 9JA]

is that all you could come up with and who are you to talk about African culture you whose people only know drugs and how to make por.nographic tapes and top 10 ways to get into jail and produce illegitimate kids.

so much for "Land of the Free". smh i would rather live in my box. tongue[/quote]

LOL! Be careful, because now you're telling off on urself.

You're not as deep into that box as I thought! smiley

You've been doing some mischievous thing I see.....so much for the African Culture
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Zilja(f): 3:00am On May 20, 2012
this is a test
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Antivirus92(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
We don't like inter tribal marriage and we don't hate it either.but 95% of us marry within igbo territory. I am an igbo from anambra and oraukwu to be precise
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Ybutterfly: 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2012
Antivirus92: We don't like inter tribal marriage and we don't hate it either.but 95% of us marry within igbo territory. I am an igbo from anambra and oraukwu to be precise

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^tHEE OP i$ tAlkinG aBOuT iNTeeRRAciAl maRRiAge nOt TRibAl^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^wE aLL kNOw iGbo mARRy outSiDe tHeiR rAcE tO tHe mAX^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:52am On Jul 12, 2012
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^tHEE OP i$ tAlkinG aBOuT iNTeeRRAciAl maRRiAge nOt TRibAl^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^wE aLL kNOw iGbo mARRy outSiDe tHeiR rAcE tO tHe mAX^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are about 35 million Igbos and those married outside dont make up 1% of our population. Worry about your Yoruba men who will kill to have an Igbo wife....Isnt this a known fact ?
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:55am On Jul 12, 2012
Antivirus92: We don't like inter tribal marriage and we don't hate it either.but 95% of us marry within igbo territory. I am an igbo from anambra and oraukwu to be precise

Good to know you are from Idenmili. Abum onye Umuoji,kpomkwem....Do you know the Chinedus family in Oraukwu ?
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:08am On Jul 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

+100 !

Any man who marries outside of his tribe is a weak minded fhuck up! How do you intend to advance the cultural values of your ppl? Women are the ones that raise kids as most men are always working to provide for their family and how do you teach your children their mothers tongue which has every aspect of your cultural value embended in it ? I liken such person to a sold slave who will never trace his lineage again! Do they even know how they are perceived with their foreign wife ? I am not even thinking of marrying outside Anambra talk more of Igboland! Abomination !

2 Likes

Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:34am On Jul 12, 2012
Ace: Be strong Melissa, you must be going through hell and I feel very sorry for your predicament. My honest opinion is, however, that the man you are engaged to is not being honest or completely straightforward with you. I know of countless inter-racial relationships comprising of an Igbo man with a European/North American/Asian woman. Too many to mention. On a personal level, my father is Igbo and my mother is European and my mother has nevery been treated poorly or disrespectfully by the family. While it is true that Igbo parents prefer their offspring to marry within the tribe and sometimes even within the state (for example Imo marrying Imo), it is extremely rare that a family will go through such lenghts as you describe to prevent an inter racial marriage. Also it is extremely uncharacteristic of an Igbo family to prevent the brother of your fiance from travelling abroad the way you described. If anything the Igbo welcome any attempt to migrate in order to better our lot in life through education or business.

Of course anything is possible so maybe the family is against it the way your fiance described. But ask yourself this: is it possible that your fiance is using this as an excuse to back out of the relationship and doesn't want to tell you outright that he can't marry you?

This is nonsense! Who are you to speak for over 35 million Igbos around the world. You are not even a pure Igbo! Just because your father was a weak man and couldnt protect his cultural values doesnt mean the rest of Igbos are like him! Am sure you dont have the ability to read,speak nor write in Igbo because of your father irresponsibility and weaknesses . You need to STFU and continue where your father stopped! Inferiors !

2 Likes

Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:35am On Jul 12, 2012

Good to know you are from Idenmili. Abum onye Umuoji,kpomkwem....Do you know the Chinedus family in Oraukwu ?
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:36am On Jul 12, 2012
Ybutterfly:

There are about 35 million Igbos and those married outside dont make up 1% of our population. Worry about your Yoruba men who will kill to have an Igbo wife....Isnt this a known fact ?
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

_
Where in Umuoji? I'm from Umuoli and I'm ashamed to identify with you, seeing your posts here. What cultural values are you "protecting"? Your way be had, and very soon every Igbo marriage will be some form of incest. Mtscheew!
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Ybutterfly: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

[size=20pt]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^nO^^^^^^^^^iT i$ jUSt a fEw^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^wHo0 cArES^^^^^^^^^^^iGbOO tHaTT kiLL tHeIR oWn F0000r CaSH^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^bUt wE kNoW yOU L00000VE TO MiX WItH WHitE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/size]
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Ybutterfly: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

This is nonsense! Who are you to speak for over 35 million Igbos around the world. You are not even a pure Igbo! Just because your father was a weak man and couldnt protect his cultural values doesnt mean the rest of Igbos are like him! Am sure you dont have the ability to read,speak nor write in Igbo because of your father irresponsibility and weaknesses . You need to STFU and continue where your father stopped! Inferiors !

[size=20pt]^^^^^^^^^^^LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^gO sIt dOwN jare^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[/size]
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Where in Umuoji? I'm from Umuoli and I'm ashamed to identify with you, seeing your posts here. What cultural values are you "protecting"? Your way be had, and very soon every Igbo marriage will be some form of incest. Mtscheew!

My friend jee kpuo ike na oche kam nulu gi ife! If you want to address me do it right and dont attack me because i tried to correct a misconception. Abum onye Urumkpu ndi agu...Deme.
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by ifyalways(f): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2012
Lol.
Eze nri is back.
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by sarutobie(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2012
Even though I understand and concur to the same-tribe marriage ideology,nonetheless I have an uncle who married a pure danish back in the early 80's.they live in jabbi abuja.she is a nigerian in everyway but colour and accent.
-she runs a good bush bar,cooking various mouth watering local soups and cuisines
-speaks pidgin flawlessly
-has beautiful,grown up and successful kids
...Now Did my uncle make a mistake in marrying her?
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
ifyalways: Lol.
Eze nri is back.

Ify,this ppl will infuriate you and what do you expect from a hot blood...lol
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

NRI PRIEST:

+100 !

Any man who marries outside of his tribe is a weak minded fhuck up! How do you intend to advance the cultural values of your ppl? Women are the ones that raise kids as most men are always working to provide for their family and how do you teach your children their mothers tongue which has every aspect of your cultural value embended in it ? I liken such person to a sold slave who will never trace his lineage again! Do they even know how they are perceived with their foreign wife ? I am not even thinking of marrying outside Anambra talk more of Igboland! Abomination !

WELL SAID BROTHER! AMADIOHA BLESS & GUIDE YOU! not all Igbo are weak. most are STRONG, which is why your tribe has made it into the 21st century. CONGRATULATIONS! cool
Re: I'm Canadian, He's Igbo And His Family May Disown Him. Help! by Onemela: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
Just to let you know that we are together and stronger than we have ever been by the grace of God. Obi's culture is paramount to me but most importantly our shared faith in God above has kept us together through it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. / Did You Know Of Benin / Nigerian Mothers Shld Be More Careful With Their Young Daughters Around Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.