Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,250 members, 7,939,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth (11773 Views)

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website / More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Abujabir24: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
BULLLLLLSSSSSHITTTTTT. Where is Sheikh Shuraim, Sudais, Abdullah Faisal? Buhari? Abul qaqa? grin grin.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by juyifloss(m): 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf:

And what would that negative thing be?

Jonathan is on the list, most likely because he is leading Nigeria through some deeply fundamental changes in political power structure (core-North vs the rest) as well as toward true federalism. We have embarked on an epic journey, but shockeningly, few Nigerians realise it. Thats sad.

Who is dis guy? Is he yr father? Jonathan is a disappointment, I and millions of Nigerians regret voting 4 him...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by acidtalk: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
He sure deserves it. After he has won other previous awards like;

The world"s most cursed president.
Commander in chief of Boko haram
the most corrupt Nigerian president ever (breaking Abacha and Obasanjo's)

Amongst many others.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by nasty45(m): 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2012
Abi u mean to say 100 most OTONDO people on earth.GEJ na OLODO NI
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Olacpeb: 11:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
i think the question should be what makes these people to be on that list? I think the link provided should give a clue. Didnt go thru the link myself thou.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by achi4u(m): 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2012
i hope the outside world are not reading all this bashing against our presido.

...remember he promised each and everyone of us shoesgringrin,and hw to catch fish in the oily watergrin...cnt stop laffin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ireti123: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2012
Why shouldn't the head of the largest black nation with the potential of becoming one of the biggest economies in the world be on that list. Why not question the inclusion of the US president, hillary clinton or ben bernarke. We need to make informed contributions here, not condemning things that shd be our pride. It's sad many people on NL don't see nothing good in Iweala becoming the world bank president. Please we need to adjust our viewpoints & see issues like this like leaders not like jokers, some people come here to learn.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by cowgurl: 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
Rili LMFAO ryt now, dis list is hilarious, annoying n so incomplete. Not in support, *gbam*
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by White007(m): 11:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by moshoodn(m): 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf:

And what would that negative thing be?

Jonathan is on the list, most likely because he is leading Nigeria through some deeply fundamental changes in political power structure (core-North vs the rest) as well as toward true federalism. We have embarked on an epic journey, but shockeningly, few Nigerians realise it. Thats sad.

AT LEAST WE STILL GOT SOME PEOPLE WHO TRULY REALIZE THE LATENT TRANSITION. . . HOPE IT ENDS FINE.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by oiseworld: 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2012
he doseen't deserve to be on the list but i can count over 30 people who just posted about him and the list would continue sheee?

150 million of the world population think of him daily.
The best business men in the world are tring to get is favour.
African leaders need him as back up in issues relating to africa.
News coming from his country keep turning tonnes of dollars for the turner's

Nigerians are so f.cking fu.ked up, no wonder the northerners took us for a jolly good ride for soo many years!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Vergil: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
Whaa...beyonce?? Wtf!lol

Of what value is this list?
Wgy do we give all these american "lists" (d times, forbes etc) any value or seconds/minutes etc?

Utter nonsense!!

You lot go queue in front of some building for your issue of time magazine....mtcheew 4 real! nonsense

This is obviously a list of whose name popped up the most in headlines around the world (or in most countries). Jonathan: boko haram bombs; middleton: royal wedding; zuckerberg: facebook ipo obv etc.

And they try market it as something important.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Seamate(m): 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2012
I think he deserves it, at least to be a Nigerian
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by KillBeaf1(m): 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
grin grin grin shocked Retardeen on the list. So the Bleep what? BEAF is supposed to be on that list too. grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by mezie4u(m): 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
Wow, terry g on the list too
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by taharqa: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2012
The tend of Nigerians to criticize could be a good thing, but it can also be sickening particularly if you are in a room full of Nigerians. The reason why he made the list is simply because he is the PRESIDENT of NIGERIA. Kind of like why the Russian, Chinese, Brazil,German etc leaders would make the list. For ill or for good, Nigeria is the most critical country in Africa, and this is what we should take away from this 'award'. We must also ask ourselves why we have not been able to fulfil our potentials and serve as the force of good for Africa; why this administration have not been able to remove this doubt?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by jmaine: 12:43am On Mar 31, 2012
Junk haters on this thread should kindly do this . . . and you wont be missed one bit
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 31, 2012
I agree with many just the same way I disagree with many names on that list.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Limaoscar: 2:05am On Mar 31, 2012
Bashar Assad, Syrian president, is also on the list. So i guess "important" can be both in the positive and negative senses.
Sure GEJ is one the "not-positvely" important person on the list.
Thats the only logical explanation for his inclusion.

I was going to raise the same observation about Bashar Assad but you beat me to it. The other not so Complimentary and not so objective bit about GEJ not being a "positively important person" is nothing but a total lack of understanding of the current Nigerian Political landscape on your Part. I suggest you take time (and take-off your biased toga too) to review the Nigerian case and the Monsters that Mr President has been engaging inorder for you to understand His burdens. If I had your mentality I could take quite a lot of people on that list apart.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by raeez(m): 2:33am On Mar 31, 2012
If kony's name can be there why can't Jonathan's
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by msb247(m): 2:44am On Mar 31, 2012
this thread doesn't even bring light at all undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Ibomade1: 2:46am On Mar 31, 2012
Not a big fan of GEJ but if Pippa Middleton is on it. Then Why not? cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ayojango(m): 3:10am On Mar 31, 2012
Are you saying d shoeless NIgga is more imp than Obama n d Isreali PM.tell me one external policy he has proposed since becomin president,he culdnt even defeat d president of benin a nation smaller than lagos in an election.perhaps d magazone too is clueless like him!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ayojango(m): 3:10am On Mar 31, 2012
Are you saying d shoeless NIgga is more imp than Obama n d Isreali PM.tell me one external policy he has proposed since becomin president,he culdnt even defeat d president of benin a nation smaller than lagos in an election.perhaps d magazine too is clueless like him!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by 2010a: 3:16am On Mar 31, 2012
I am commenting on a slightly different issue. This is the first time in many years I've read a 2 page long thread on nairaland's frontpage without running into a fullscale tribal warfare. I am so impressed with the moderators. This has ignited my hope that in Nigeria, one may still find people who can stamp their foot on the ground & insist on things being done the right way. Kudos to the moderators.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by dabrake(m): 4:08am On Mar 31, 2012
2010a: I am commenting on a slightly different issue. This is the first time in many years I've read a 2 page long thread on nairaland's frontpage without running into a fullscale tribal warfare. I am so impressed with the moderators. This has ignited my hope that in Nigeria, one may still find people who can stamp their foot on the ground & insist on things being done the right way. Kudos to the moderators.
guy, seun don follow them talk. You never see as jaybee don turn ngenda kumana/muammar gaddafi for romance section sef.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ITbomb(m): 4:14am On Mar 31, 2012
With lady Gaga there , it is an insult for the Presido of the most influential black nation to be listed unless they create another top 20 names and eliminate all those fake over hype media-created celebrities. Smh
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by tonardo(m): 4:32am On Mar 31, 2012
can't find my NAME,..... WHY WHY? Why?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ekeroyal(m): 4:54am On Mar 31, 2012
I'VE ALREADY VOTED 25 TIMES AND WILL VOTE MORE IN SUPPORT OF HIM. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO SUCK YOUR AR$E. IF HE AIN'T IMPORTANT HE SHOULDN'T BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE GIANT OF AFRICA. THE SITUATION FACING HIM EVEN ADDS TO HIS STATS.

UP GEJ!! tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elisha Abbo Scandal: Amnesty International Calls On Police To Investigate / IBB @80: Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Describes Him As A Patriot And Nationalist / Peter Obi: Afenifere And Pa Adebanjo Support Me Because They Stand For Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.