Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,469 members, 7,968,302 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:52 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth (11791 Views)

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website / More South-East Billionaires Listed On Forbes List Of Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ortopazz(m): 5:58am On Mar 31, 2012
Jus being a presidnt of thz cun3 cn gv u al d publicity in da world, imagine the same 1z who earlier thz year made him trending wanting to knw of wat use his name is on tha list!

Besides 2hel wiv time!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by paulipopo(m): 6:25am On Mar 31, 2012
This list is a nonsense and ingredient. Why has dey forgot to included some names like mama mulika of badagry or patience jonathan? Are dey saiding dis pepu are not im-pot-ant? I will stop ridding time magazine from now on words!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by EvilBrain1(m): 6:40am On Mar 31, 2012
GEJ made the list because he's the president of a large country that has been in the American news recently, no big deal. Also in the list are Basheer Asad, Beyonce, Novak Djukovic, Hameed Karzai and Lady Gaga.

Personally if I was going to vote, It'd be for Azeez Ansari. Lord knows, the guy has done more to better my life in the past year than Jonathan has.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Eltonluigi(m): 6:51am On Mar 31, 2012
azorjiu: Thought LMFAO is the acronym for - laughing my **cking *rse off. undecided
Yea, LMFAO is a duo musical group popular with the songs; Party rocking, Sexy and I know It. BTW the list is full with so many gay people which make me doubt the sexuality of our president.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 31, 2012
Eltonluigi: Yea, LMFAO is a duo musical group popular with the songs; Party rocking, Sexy and I know It. BTW the list is full with so many gay people which make me doubt the sexuality of our president.
Let's ask Beaf
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by terimama: 7:02am On Mar 31, 2012
Of d billions on earth, of the presidents of countries, GEJ was chosen dosen't that say something? A prophet is never accepted in his own home town. smiley
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by kooto(m): 7:16am On Mar 31, 2012
Whichever way you look at it he is worth it,in my years as a nigerian i have not seen any president of this country trying to put so much in place for a better tomorrow like Jonathan is doing, he might be tagged slow by most but not like his predecesors that put in fire brigade attitude immediately the issue calms down they leave it not finding lasting solution.one of the major problem of nigeria is power outage, how many goverment have put in so much on ground in this sector compared to now?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by akinmax: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2012
This is very true!.GEJ reign is not just Important to 160Million people existence but to the whole of Africa and the world pace.Where would 160million people go to,in event we resolve to war in this country? what would happen to Africa economy,Africa pace,Africa/world human capital,the number six supplier of the world Oil, etc.The list is not about influential people but important people you have to continuously depend on.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by sylve11: 7:52am On Mar 31, 2012
Nothing is special about that list,i mean nothing. any body can be on that list and doesn't change my idea that they are all demon worshipers. cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by bluejeff(m): 8:02am On Mar 31, 2012
No doubt, they are looking at what will happen in 2015.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Jettage: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2012
This is the last time i will ever take time magazine serious. To have a man that cannot adress a crowd without a written speech on this list, a man that is too dull to impress Nigerians both at home and in diaspora, a lily livered drunk from Otueke Ogbia local govt Area B of Bayelsa who sponsor criminals giving them salaries and sending them abroad in the name of Amnesty instead of investing the money in building industries and creating employment for the numberless qualified youths. How can times so disapointment me. Find out, a bribe was paid to the editor.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by NOIBMUUL(m): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2012
When GEJ, Okonjo, Alison. & co removed subsidy on the first day of d year, Nigerians frowned and took to the streets. Remember the subsidy removal was orchestrated by the world bank, EU & the US (take it or leave it). Anyway, moving to encourage these 'pawns,' so that they can do more, the international community moved again by honouring these people with awards. History has shown that AWARDS are one of the most efficient ways of distracting and having a black man work for you. #nooffense#

So they gave;
1. Okonjo a glimpse of World Bank Presidency (her initial installation as a VP was strategic). And don't let us forget how she was fidgeting on tv when asked questions relating to her cabinet. Oh forget Harvard, a good car don't translate to good driving as you'll still need a skilled driver. So a good head still needs to complement the best harvard certificate.
2. Alison Madueke also bagged an award. Can't remember which now but the event had Bill Clinton as the guest speaker. We all know the "fantastic job" she did in her 2 previous portfolios. If you don't, please ask somebody.
3. And now GEJ is included in Times magazine top 100. Come on, isn't all these obvious??

Well, I might be wrong but I stand to be proven wrong.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 8:30am On Mar 31, 2012
The guy na big boi outside naija.
But na only u de see am finish
Dats y u are dis shockd!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by 1025: 9:16am On Mar 31, 2012
please choose from chinue achebe and wole soyinka to replace that member of pdp criminal gang. after all the wife is more important because she cooks food worth of N1B yearly so why is she not there?
nigeria has stephen keshi, we have mikel obi that is in champions league and we have osaze, ik and kalu uche, nsofor and a whole lot of reasonable nigerians making waves without stealing our funds.
anyways, na oyibo wan choose person wey dey loot our money come their country.
jonathan lost election to benin republic president and iweala is about loosing election so where is the importance? in fact,the president of benin republic is more important.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Mynd44: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2012
I was at first puzzled when I saw the list and then I saw Jeremy Lin on the list and realised that it was a list of the most insignificant and over hyped individuals
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by kutchs: 10:24am On Mar 31, 2012
So many idiots here think it is easy being president of Nigeria. Jonathan is on d list not bc he is Jonathan but bc he is preident of Nigeria the most populous black nation in d world.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by CaptBarbosa: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2012
Go Jonathan Goooooooooooo!. . .come 2015, you shall be sworn in.

Haters keep your hate alive.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by member479760: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2012
this is base on over 80 billion barrels of oyel!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by badmrkt(m): 11:27am On Mar 31, 2012
i gree with some foools here.to me GEJ's too important to be on the same list with Obama.
God punish devil,if una papa get chance reach where Gej dey,wetin dem go fit do?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ifeci: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2012
with no Barrack Obama, Larry Page,Bill gates, I wonder how important this list would be? honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I had seen Kabiru Sokoto on this list!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by noiseless: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2012
There are a lot of @ssholes who are not supposed to be in same list with gej,they sould be deleted.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by schorlbone(m): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
azorjiu: Thought LMFAO is the acronym for - laughing my **cking *rse off. undecided
No it's not! LFMAO is an American musical group lol. Do some research player!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by ifeci: 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2012
No it's not! LFMAO is an American musical group lol. Do some research player!
its actually an acronym, the group just choose to use it, you do some research.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2012
ifeci:
its actually an acronym, the group just choose to use it, you do some research.
The previous poster is right about the meaning, though, being used as name by American hip hop musicians.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2012
About time our President is recognized. GEJ too try.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2012
I come here sometimes and I am shocked by the level of ignorance displayed by some all knowing Nigerians. If President Jonathan wakes up one morning and decides Nigeria won't sell crude to the world any more, we will hoard it because we feel like it, then you will know how important Joe is the world.

I am really happy to see Adele on that list, she really deserves it. To think she's only 24 and affecting the world so much with her music. I know most Nigerians do not know her because the only thing you listen to is dance hall and a little of hip hop and rap.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by akings100: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2012
Dat list is fake considering the omission of Mandela, Obasanjo, Desmond Tutu, Pastor Adeboye' name.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by linearity: 3:44pm On Mar 31, 2012
I think you are confusing 'most important' with 'most effective' or 'most influential' or other pedigrees given to successful leaders....

Any Nigerian President should make the world most important list just by the mere fact that, we supply the world with their oil need.

I think he was even cheated, he should have been around number 8 or number 10 most important person on earth seeing that, Nigeria is the 8th largest oil producing countries in the world.....that is what they see us as important in.

If anything happens that stop oil flow in the Niger Delta for a very long time...I would not be surprise to see the world turn on Nigeria and deploy foreign troops down there to make sure the oil keep flowing...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Skoopy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 31, 2012
rabzy01: This is a list of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Bashar Assad, Kony 2012 (Joseph Kony?), GEj .... Can't stop laughing... GEJ is rightly among the hundred for been
(1) first militant to be Naija president.
(2) first shoeless man to be president.
(3) first Fisherman to be president.
(4) first president to support bokoharam.
(5) first president to pushed Nigerians to 2 weeks strike.
(6) the best Ijaw man ever.
it's obvious, u lack facts.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2012
terimama: Of d billions on earth, of the presidents of countries, GEJ was chosen dosen't that say something? A prophet is never accepted in his own home town. smiley

So, Bashar Assad should be saying the same thing too, right?

Oh, and the Ayatollah....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Vansnickers: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2012
Cancelled.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Listed On Times 100 Most Important People On Earth by Vansnickers: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2012
chuckdee4: A list which includes LMFAO isn't exactly one a presido should be proud to be part of

Bruv, Obama is on the List.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Heading For Disintegration – Ex-defence Chief / Is The Ghanian Cedi Stronger Than Naira? / Ayade Wins Supreme Court Ruling, His Election Upheld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.