Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,935 members, 7,931,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:02 PM

Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air (1367 Views)

How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? / Virus On Punch Website / Short Cut Virus On My External Hard Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by Zule(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2007
PLS GUYS BEWARE OF FLU BURUNG VIRUS ITS ON AIR NOW BEWARE OF DISKETTES, FLASH DRIVE MS WINDOW DOCUMENTS WITH FILE EXTENSION .SCR
ANY THE VIRUSE IS ALL OVER THE CAFES AND BUSSINESS CENTERS DOWN HERE IN ENUGU

THE GOOD NEW IS THAT THE CURE IS WITH ME TO BE POSTED IF REQUESTED
Re: Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by prinzgeini(m): 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
men this virus is all over uniben and it's finishing me badly pls post the cure
Re: Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by Wilfem(m): 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2007
Well, the virus fetched me some money today as I battled it on about three computers.
The cure is simple, just download and install the Spyware Doctor. I'm quite sure you'll experience problems using the mouse, 'cos the virus will hold down the mouse, so you'll have to make use of you keyboard knowledge.
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to show the Task Manager, go to Processes, then look for SVCHOST.exe (in capital letters) then terminate it (you can terminate it by pressing delete and enter to confirm). That will make it to release the mouse. Don't close the task manager yet 'cos you'll need to monitor it as it'll come out again untill you might have finished installing the required applications.
Re: Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by Ralvy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2007
yh! It's a bad 1 that locks the mouse pointer to the center of the Screen . .
It's really bad, I had the virus on a computer on my network, and it kept on spreading . .
I had tu quickly deploy new Installations of XP on all systems and I regretted.

Please, if any1 has been able to locate the file under Windows, pls zip it, upload and paste a download link.
It will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by Wilfem(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2007
Just follow the steps I stated above and you'll sure get rid of the virus. It is a spyware
Re: Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by folahann(m): 12:07am On Nov 03, 2007
It must really be a bad one
But i think you should strong anti-virus intalled on your PC
Re: Beware Flu Burung Virus On Air by Feesha: 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2007
Thanks guys especially Wilfem. The flu has been giving me sleepless n ights.It affected six of our systems. I will try ur solution.

(1) (Reply)

My Super Cpu For Sale! / I Need A Free Dating Site / Help Me Choose A Modem Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.