Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,832 members, 7,906,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

Brand New Nairaland Theme - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brand New Nairaland Theme (20664 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by freecocoa(f): 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
Okay the April fool don end,i been fear o,nice one Seun wink.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Martini101(m): 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
As far as am concerned, Nairaland 1 was the Best. @ Seun. I will sue U oh! Cos the official time {12.00} for April fool has passed!! U better change back d colour.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Excelboi(m): 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
Stu.pid boy, seun Is. I know he was joking... Bro,if no be sey u change am, i for come meet you for that your cave in Ota... Lol#pun Intended
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Martini101(m): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun. U get goodLuck without 'Jonathan' !
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Raxxye(m): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
So it was truly April fool! Thank God it‘s gone. Seun is in the laboratory right now, EXPERIMENTING!
Watch out for NL 4
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by TheArbiter: 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
Hello Seun,

You definitely have a point about the strain on the eyes after prolonged viewing. However, i believe you could have done a better job than the current theme. I took the liberty of browsing some sites i believe are a bit gentle on the eyes (See links below). Why not take a cue from them and give Nairaland a more fantastic look.

1. http://idolforums.com/

2. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881711373

3. http://www.therushforum.com/

4. http://www.webforum.nu/

6. http://forum.onkelz.de/forum/index.php

7. http://teron.ru/

8. http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by festuskol(m): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
And BOOM he just changed it. Lol.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on less photonic theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye.

The way it works is that the background occupies a much larger area than the text, so if the background is dark and the text is light it reduces the number of photon bombarding your cornea and provides relief to any pent up tension in the eyeballs. So I inverted colors to retain the same pleasing blend of colors you're used to while reducing the photonic bombardment rate considerably.

I know that my scientific rather than artistic approach won't win people over instantly, but if after browsing for 2 hours you notice that your eyes are perfectly relaxed and not watering at all, I hope you'll understand why that's happening and appreciate it.

There is an extent to which you can manipulate things as you wish. You should start acting like a real CEO, acting like Nairaland isn't exactly private property anymore. No longer some private property you can tweak as you wish, or very well invert as you like. These colours take away the traditional designs of Nairaland and they are just so so bad. Seriously, even the excuse that they strain the eyes is no valid one. (And just so you know, my own eyes couldn't take the former colours. Yet, I wouldn't advocate this. It beats the imagination that you would only do this after a 2-hour stretch got your eyes watery. So, are we to believe now that Nairaland must dance to every little of your whims? Pity!
Have you bothered researching how Google's all-white background puts no strain on the eyes? Merely dimming the former colours would have perhaps finished up your distasteful job! angry
Really, it makes business sense for you to respond kindly to the cries of Nairalanders, and to cease manipulating the site like your public toy. As it stands, your site is losing its class, its mystery, its worth. This will only stop if you go back the distance you were a couple of months ago! angry
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by olanshi: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2012
I support the OLD fashion way the NL page was before!!!

This new look whatsoever is not working for ME and so as some other members!!!

I prefer the OLD LOOK OF NAIRALAND, Say YES!!!!

Don't mix business with leisure!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Emmysteve(m): 1:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun: Phew. Happy April Fools Day everyone.
Abeg leave am the way e day nw. The thing is fit 4 mobile fone jare.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by freecocoa(f): 1:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
He was only april fooling us guys,y'all should give it a rest.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
Is it noon already? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by smsmoney(m): 1:17pm On Apr 01, 2012
@SEUN Same to you,I was begining to feel u were high on Chicken poo
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Funkymallam(m): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
I knew it. Even wen seun and were forming fight, wanting nairalanders to fall for it. cheesy

when i predicted it wont last today, the hid my post. cheesy grin
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Funkymallam(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
freecocoa: He was only april fooling us guys,y'all should give it a rest.

Dnt mind dem, they take life too serious.
Hw u dey jare?
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by dohyn(m): 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
Nice one seun..btw,if and when u eventually decide to make changes to nairaland,look through the comments above.I'm sure u'll see some good suggestions..
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by manny4life(m): 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun:
What's the meaning of this? I explained the rationale to you. Why not send me a private mail if you have issues with it?

Hmm,

Looks like someone is angry, oh btw, nice April fool's joke. It just dawned on me today is April 1...LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy Please don't scare us like that again.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by gururguy: 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
now i see
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by lifestyle1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
[size=15pt]APRIL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL grin tongue[/size]
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Funkymallam(m): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
7 pages and still counting. shocked
Over 80 profiles viewing this page and they were all threatening to leave nairaland. cheesy

Moral of the story: Nigerians a jokers! grin angry
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by freecocoa(f): 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
Funkymallam:

Dnt mind dem, they take life too serious.
Hw u dey jare?
I dey o my bros,you just dey chop your money alone abi?
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by kemiola89(f): 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
ha Seun, u succeeded in fooling some people, bt ur april fool joke didnt work on me.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by cowgurl: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
OMG!!! LMRO. I feel like stabbin u ryt now Seun. Nice play, but js incase u considerin dis joke bcomin a reality in d near future, consider our suggestions pls.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Booty4me: 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
Choi!!! Seun lol nice 1. Linda ikeji fooled me also. I done fall mugun 2day o
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Funkymallam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2012
freecocoa: I dey o my bros,you just dey chop your money alone abi?

Kai! Hw i go eat alone and forget my cocoa? Mbanu....
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Reference(m): 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
I still think it was better than what am seeing now. Guess majority carries the day. But if it truly hits the eyes get ready for class actions. We must share your loot.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Sylverbox(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2012
Dis clearly an april fool trick 4rm seun make una no mind am jareee!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Olaisrich(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2012
Seun was right! April fool or not based on ground, it's just because most of you had used to the former theme. Human nature sha! We are always threatened by change, if Seun is serious he should had allowed us to go the democracy way-vote.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by mukina2: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2012
grin
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by ekwynwa: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
seun pls change this crap already! angry
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by born2boink(m): 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
Sylverbox: Dis clearly an april fool trick 4rm seun make una no mind am jareee!
who told you is April fool, he has taken weed.. His eyes just cleared and thank God he come back to his senses
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by gururguy: 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2012
this is not april fool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pipeline Explosion At Graceland Estate Isheri Lagos / What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Barcanista Blackmail: My Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.