Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,710 members, 7,879,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:34 PM

Experiences With God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experiences With God (9629 Views)

My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. / Fellow Satanists, Experiences With Chanelling Spirits / Amazing Accounts Of Near-death Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experiences With God by Victor31(m): 5:10am On May 18, 2012
@temi: I'm sure of one thing that questions would be asked, as in lots of questions.
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 4:18am On May 23, 2012
Experiences wit God! Experiences wit God! Everybody wants to have experiences wit God, but they really don,t know the meaning of God. I remember a time, when i also don't know the meaning of trinity God. When it was time to evangelise, i know i need answers, so i sought it. First i understand that trinity means tri-unity i.e. 3 personality in 1 God, working with 3 different activity but 1 goal. I also learnt that God is a title and not a name. We refer to sango, ogun, oya has 'gods'. The only different is that we differentiate God with the capital letter 'G' because of His position. Trinity consists of the Father i.e. Jehovah, Son i.e. Jesus, and the Holyspirit. The Father is a spirit. He created the heaven and earth, furnished and designed it. But He chose israel. Note: only the children of israel were appointed as phrophets and priests of God in the days before christ. No other nation can produce a prophet and priest of God. But still most of them turned their back to Him. He then made provision of His coming. He took on the body of the son in order to dwell in our midst, feel our pain and anguish. He didn't abolish the laws, but re-interpreted the law. He gave opportunities to we gentiles, so that we can become His children. He sacrifised Himself for our sins.(1john 3:1-5). He took on the form of the Holyspirit to supply us with power. Now we have prophets, priest around the world, whose nation does not count. We don't need prophets before we speak to God. When we pray, we connect to the Holyspirit, who connects us with Jesus, Jesus then intercedes for us from God. It is then up to God to decide if He will answer our prayer or not. I hope you have been able understand with my little explanations.

1 Like

Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 4:29am On May 23, 2012
Dear readers, i know you hardly hear frm me now. And it would still be like that for sometime. Because i have exams coming up, and it will last for a month. So please bear with me. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Experiences With God by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
temilolaoluwa: Dear readers, i know you hardly hear frm me now. And it would still be like that for sometime. Because i have exams coming up, and it will last for a month. So please bear with me. Have a wonderful day.
Wishing you Success in your exam..Goodluck!
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 6:10am On Jun 20, 2012
Gud morning peeps. Its been a long time, and to tell u d truth i really missed you all. I don't know if you do too. But hearing frm u all makes me happy. During the times that i was not available, i wished that u had a reason to thank God, an experience with God, that will impact a positive change in your life. And also during those times too, God did uncountable things for me, which i believe that i don't deserve. He showed Himself to me in many ways. And i really really really thank Him for that. If you have a reason to thank God, can u pleeeeease tell us. But if u don't we want to hear from you too
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
To tell u d truth, i am confused. I don't know what to write. All i know is that from d beginning of this month, i've been thru a lot. I've been confused, scared and don't know what to do. I even did the wrong thing, all due to d fact that i don't have confidence in my self. But the lord stood by me, he strengtened me. And i'm very grateful 4 dat, even though i don't deserve him. So if a situation that's weighing u down and u're losing confidence. Don't give up, God is by ur side.
Re: Experiences With God by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for this
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
Just a few days ago, i had a dream. I saw a man pretending to be a good person, but secretly he sends his servants out to destroy peoples life. He sent a man to his wife, but he met his wife praying. Just then i saw three men in white and another three men in red. The womam praying turned out to be me. And i was saying 'in the name of Jesus'.The husband got confused and asked what is in the name. This i was explaining till i woke up. I forgot all abt d dream. As i tried to regain consciousness, i heard my name. I knew it was Jesus. He asked me to pray. The moment i started praying, i recalled my dream and prayed harder. I heard a voice telling me to stop praying but i insisted. Just then a wave washed over me and i could clearly see my room even with my eyes closed. I saw a black shape and a prayed mecilessly till it disappeared. I learnt that the devil despised prayer and that he tries to stop us whenever our prayer is disturbing him. My brothers and sisters, be very careful, don't let the devil disturb your prayer.

1 Like

Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2012
Just this morning, i was studying and writing about the omnipotence of God. I learnt that God is very powerful and has unlimited authority and influence. He has the ability to do whatsoever he pleases. I slept off while doing these. I dreamt of a lady who wanted to get married. A message frm God came to her that the date must be changed. But she refused, she went on with her plans. On her wedding day. Preparations were already made. People were already arriving into the church, but the church was closed. Just then a woman faced the bride and said ''because you have refused to heed to my words, b4 d day comes to an end, u will die''. People started rushing out because of what they heard. I also went away, bt i don't know how i got back inside. Day turned to nite. The people remaining tried to go out, but a coffin was blocking the entrance of the church. In other words, what the woman said came to pass in that dream. When i woke, i was very scared. I knew that God wanted me to understand how powerful He is, thats why He took me back to see whats happening. I learnt that people don't really understand how powerful God is, that is why they take God for granted. If He asks us to do something, its for our own good and he understands why. We should always try to listen to Him, even if we don't like it.
Re: Experiences With God by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2012
temiolaoluwa...thanks for all this great writeup....more grace in Jesus name.......have anyone lay hand on these books GOOD MORNING HOLY SPIRIT,by benny hinn...IN PURSUIT OF GOD by a.w. tozer....GOD'S CHASERS and WHY REVIVAL TARRIES......
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
No i don't think so
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
Most times, i'm always refering to my dreams, but this time around i want to talk about what determines your dreams. Our actions and most especially our prayer. Our actions is about what we do. Is it good or bad. And then our prayer life, how is it? If there's is one thing i've learn't is that prayer strengthens and give power to our spirit beings. It fight unseen battles. If weak, it tends to fall prey, because it does not undergo training. Our prayer's go a long way in such a way that we do nt know. A strong spiritbeing will always connect to God in time of need and attacks. But a week one will nt even think about it. So my brother and sisters, u need prayer to strengthen ur spiritbeing, in order for u to b victorious

1 Like

Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
Most times, i'm always refering to my dreams, but this time around i want to talk about what determines your dreams. Our actions and most especially our prayer. Our actions is about what we do. Is it good or bad. And then our prayer life, how is it? If there's is one thing i've learn't is that prayer strengthens and give power to our spirit beings. It fight unseen battles. If weak, it tends to fall prey, because it does not undergo training. Our prayer's go a long way in such a way that we do nt know. A strong spiritbeing will always connect to God in time of need and attacks. But a weak one will nt even think about it. So my brother and sisters, u need prayer to strengthen ur spiritbeing, in order for u to b victorious
Re: Experiences With God by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:30am On Aug 02, 2012
that's true....prayer goes a long way in helping our spirit man to be active.one of the greatest secrete of our hero's of faith....it brings to our consciousness the sense of spiritual realm....and help shift our focus to God in term of help...it helps in strengthening our relationship with God and help the fire on our alter....
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2012
I know this might sounds funny, but it's a great lesson. There was a time when i put on make up just to make me look beautiful. Guys do run after me, but not much. After sometime i stopped, because i didn't have the time to put it on. After a week, i decided that i want to look very beautiful, so i put it on. That night i dreamt that i put on make up. When i looked at my self in a mirror, i looked like a masquerade. When i woke up, i knew that God wanted me to stop it. So from that day hence forth, i stopped it. At first i look very ugly, but later my face began blend in. I also noticed that as that i look more beautiful as the day goes by. And men were rushing to me as bees run to sugar. But my point is God created us unique and beauty is more than make up. Make up will only cover your beauty. So many people in order to impress and attract others make up. But in the end it never last because any thing that is faked will one day show its true identity. But only that which is really true last for long.
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
I wrote a poem about faith. It goes like this: faith says; believe in yourselves, don't let your heart be troubled, nor let doubt take over you. Be of good cheer, because with me nothing is impossible for you. Walk in my steps, just like the others did. Be strong in me, embrace me, and you will witness greater things. [m. Oduntan]. I was studying these 3 days ago. When i slept, i dreamt of seeing 3 creatures attacking people arround. I tried to hide so that those creatures wouldn't see me, but the children with me got their attention. The moment one of them made its way towards me, fear gripped, it weighed me down, and i couldn't speak or move. But then, a voice whispered to me saying 'have faith'. These words strengtened me, i stood up and i was able to speak. The people around there tried to stop them from getting closer to me, but to no avail. As it came closer, i stood up to it and fought it. Then i woke. I understood that it takes faith to achieve the impossibilities. And its not by words alone, but by action. So keep up the faith.
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
In my dream, i was looking for church to sleep for the night. I saw a big church and entered into it. As i was preparing to rest and get some sleep, i noticed that the atmosphere was strange, but i ignored it. I went to the backyard to get some fresh air, but what i saw was astonishing. The church was breeding vultures. There were hundreds of them. Now i know why i felt strange, the presence of God was not there. I left there immediately. I went to so mamy churches, but none of them had the presence of God in it. While searching, i was praying to God at the same time. I later saw a small house, where 'passion of christ' was written on it. When i entered it, i felt at ease and was almost crying. At last i found a church were the presence of God is. When woke up i realised that these days, the only churches you find are business churches. Its hard to find a church that is filled with God's presense.

1 Like

Re: Experiences With God by OmoAlata(f): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
temilolaoluwa: Try to remember your first experience with God and then you'll understand me. And if you don't have, desire one today.

Touch me one more time o Lord. Your testimony is awesome. God bless.
Re: Experiences With God by studM(m): 2:09am On Aug 30, 2012
kwenu: @insightful. Good to read your post, the Lord must have led you here ,

I also saw in a dream where i was sitting on the fence with a friend.

can you explain the meaning of this to me

dude,sitting on the fence i want to blive means ur not standing right with GOD
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
I thought of God's mercy and i realised how far His mercies go. We wake up everyday, having the sun there to kiss us gud morning. At night, the moon is there to guide our path. I can't remember how many times i have gone against His word and yet He still shows His mercies towards me. Looking at the way the world has turned to. So many have turned their back on Him, some did not even believe in His existence. While some are sitting on the fence. If He measures the extend of our sins, He would have destroyed us all. But His mercies stood for us. He gave up His only Son for the atonement of our sins. He still feeds us and protect us from evil. We don't see Him, but we see His mercies in every aspect of our lives. If you don't see it, then you really need to look closely.
Re: Experiences With God by seyibrown(f): 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
temilolaoluwa: In my dream, i was looking for church to sleep for the night. I saw a big church and entered into it. As i was preparing to rest and get some sleep, i noticed that the atmosphere was strange, but i ignored it. I went to the backyard to get some fresh air, but what i saw was astonishing. The church was breeding vultures. There were hundreds of them. Now i know why i felt strange, the presence of God was not there. I left there immediately. I went to so mamy churches, but none of them had the presence of God in it. While searching, i was praying to God at the same time. I later saw a small house, where 'passion of christ' was written on it. When i entered it, i felt at ease and was almost crying. At last i found a church were the presence of God is. When woke up i realised that these days, the only churches you find are business churches. Its hard to find a church that is filled with God's presense.

The churches of today are breeding vultures indeed! Just take one look at the state of our nation today. Church-goers abound but only few truly love the Lord.
Re: Experiences With God by maryswags: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
Logic Mind:

so shut up.

Pls go hang urself! Aint u ashamed of urself? Is it by force 2 comment on ones thread? If u read it n it didn't go well wif u den clique on d next thread (or aint der no more threads on NL?) Instead of insulting her? Aint u ashamed dat ure so local? Such tins are outdated okay, u can start urs n stop beefin n hatin
Re: Experiences With God by maryswags: 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
Logic Mind: nobody is listening to you

A lot of us are listening, btw y do u want 2 kill urself over her posts Wonders!
Re: Experiences With God by simba4us: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
tinnymerit: sincerely,i av lost my first love with God and i know it.But i av been trying to reconnect again but the spiritual gift(s) are still in existence in my life.Actually, i lost my first love due to my former pastor setting me up,i av rated the man so high and i dont believe he can do such to me,it was because of that singular Bleep up that i walked away from God.I av been praying and trying my human effort to get connected but to vain.kindly teach me how,av seen the vision of hell twice and i dont want to end there because its a no go area for any human being.Thanks.
if you are ready to continue your relationship from where it stopped, you can do that even now. He has been waiting for you ever since the day of your mistake to see how your heart would respond. But you have only partially remained adamant with His gifts. Of course you know that those spiritual gifts are without repentance. Thank God that you recognize that those gifts has not brought peace to you.
Go on your kneels and speak to Him as a friend speaketh unto his friend. Ask Him to forgive you and let His peace flow into your heart. After that, just believe. Either you feel any physical peace or not, just have faith that His peace is back. Then start throwing every ungodly thing from your mind and flesh. God will give us more grace.
Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
Today, i just want to thank God for everything He has done 4 me. He has been there 4 me, ever since i started posting abt experiences wit God. B4 i started writing it, i never had in mind that i will be posting it. All i heard was a voice, it whispered to me saying 'y don't u write blogs'. So i listened to it. I let my heart speak n teach me wat to post. N wen i dont know wat to post, He gives me a dream to post. If there is 1 thing i never regreted is letting my heart guide me. Because whenever i read it, its like He is whispering to everyone who reads it. I am so glad that He is using my post to change lives, n i also thank all the people dat read my posts. Thank u all

2 Likes

Re: Experiences With God by temilolaoluwa: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
I watched a documentary about a woman possessed by three powerful demons. Along the line, a lot of priest died while trying to cast out the demons in her. Including the woman's only daughter. It was very scary. I wasn't afraid because its horror, but because its a true life story. Seeing as the priests were been possessed and killed while trying to cast out the demons added to my fear. Instead of standing strong in the lord, i let fear get the best of me. I started backsliding because i was afraid of the way i would react, if i were to face this kind of demon. Fear kept on suppressing my faith in God. I can't continue to let fear take control of my life, so i cried to God. I began to gather my courage in order to strenghten my faith. Then i dreamt that i was on a mission to save some people, they brainwashed me into one of them. They ended doing some incantations on me. As they were doing this, i began to have doubts and i said to my self that this is not me. The woman doing the incantation tried to hold me down when i said this. Just then i shouted the name of Jesus and that place began to shake. When i woke up, i started begging for forgiveness from God. I imagined my self in front God. Two creatures were trying to take me away from God, one was the demon, and the other was fear. I cried to God, and also told Him that i don't want to let Him go. I begged Him to save me. And He said 'I have given you power and authority to stand and fight them'. I gathered up my courage and told them to let me go, but they won't. I tried wriggle free, but they still wouldn't let me go. I became angry and aggressive, i also let my anger overcome my fear. I began to fight them, but it wasn't going anywere. I knew i had to face and fight the demon. I saw a sword close to me and also used it against them. In the end i won the battle and ran to God, i ask for forgiveness, and He drew me close. When i opened my eyes, the fear was gone. I don't know what your demon or fear is, and it is taking u away from God. God created them and He has given u power n authority over them. Remember what ps 23 says. If this post in one way or the other is talking to u, u have to stand and fight them today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? / Modern Day Elijah: Popular Lagos-based Blind Preacher Disarms Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.