Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,541 members, 7,951,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

Types Of Men You Should Never Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Types Of Men You Should Never Date (17929 Views)

10 Reasons You Should Never Date Or Marry A Fat Girl Or Woman / 10 Reasons To Never Date A Man With A Big Penis / Warning!!! Girls Never Date Such A Guy (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Men You Should Never Date by eghost247(m): 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
1. The Control Freak
Many women have had their lives turned upside down by a control freak. He has an overwhelming desire to control every detail, even when it’s out of his hands—be it the weather, traffic or your life. True, women like a guy that is manly, but manly isn’t the same as domineering. Before you know it, you soon start to lose your identity and become a creation of his. That isn’t love; it’s a dysfunction and you need to believe it.

2. The Abuser
A control freak will almost always become an abuser, but not all abusers start out as control freaks. In fact, abusers are usually nice guys until their anger kicks in. How many times have we heard an abused woman say, “He’s not like that o. It’s only when he’s angry that he lashes out”? If a guy belittles you, tells you you’re worthless, or insults you, that is abuse. If he forces you to do things you’re not comfortable with, that’s abuse. It may initially look like a temper issue, but physical abuse soon follows, and no woman deserves that. Do not date an abusive man—no matter how alternately nice he is.

3. The Man-child
He doesn’t have to be younger that you are as many women assume that men younger than them are automatically immature. He could be much older but his brain is stuck in adolescence, thinking like a 13-year-old and always craving your validation. Being in a relationship with this man will always leave you drained, because it’s feels like you’re raising a child.

4. The Ghost.
You see him only when he wants to be seen. One minute he’s doting on you and everything’s peach; the next, poof! He vanishes and you can’t reach him by phone, text, BBM, mail, tweet— nothing! He’s not dead; he simply does not want to be reached. This is 2012—there’s a way to stay in touch if you want to. Forget his elaborate explanation when he does reappear, all na wash. He definitely has another life that he doesn’t want you to be part of.

5. The Unambitious.
If a guy cannot say what his goal in life is, strike his name off the list. Waiting for his grandfather’s will is not an ambition, neither is playing the visa lottery every year. The country is hard, but that doesn’t mean we cannot have workable dreams, no matter how nascent.

6. Mr Chop my money.
All he has is money. Not character, finesse, values or even an education. Just money. Unfortunately as women very well know, money isn’t everything; this guy can buy you fine things but he can’t treat you with sensitivity. Being with him will cause you to live a life of quiet desperation.

7. The Fairy-tale prince.
Everything you ever prayed for, even things thatyou know yourself are unrealistic; this guy has it all. He’s handsome caring, attentive, charming, well dressed, tasteful, generous—in short, he’s flawless. You feel he’s too good to be true and he probably is. All men have flaws, but this man doesn’t have any? It’s all an act. Once he’s had his fill of you, the charade stops and you see his true self. To him it’s a game and he enjoys the thrill of the chase, the delightful deceit and the abrupt end. Nobody said men were emotional creatures but some do and relish the chance to practise their adroitness.

8. The Guy who just doesn’t want you.
There are guys whom you like and no matter how you try, they simply don’t want YOU. They could be taken, gay or blind. Rejection hurts, but it’s part of life. Move on. While you still have your dignity, in God’s name, move on.

9 Likes

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Romeo3(m): 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
Articles like this should end with "the type of men ladies should date. It's not fair to ask them not to do this and that without showing them the way forward. . . **Thinking out loud**

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by JennyAgun(f): 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
eghost247.

Verry well said / written.
Tnx.
I only wish ladies will learn, 'cos a lot of times they forget themselves until they are in trouble.
I also assume same goes for ladies (ie, types of ladies men shouldn't marry).

1 Like

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by mcnepow(m): 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
eghost247:
Everything you ever prayed for, even things thatyou know yourself are unrealistic; this guy has it all. He’s handsome caring, attentive, charming, well dressed, tasteful, generous—in short, he’s flawless. You feel he’s too good to be true and he probably is. All men have flaws, but this man doesn’t have any? It’s all an act. Once he’s had his fill of you, the charade stops and you see his true self. To him it’s a game and he enjoys the thrill of the chase, the delightful deceit and the abrupt end. Nobody said men were emotional creatures but some do and relish the chance to practise their adroitness.
hmmm. .
This one caught ma attention
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Bisjosh(f): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2012
eghost247: 1. The Control Freak
Many women have had their lives turned upside down by a control freak. He has an overwhelming desire to control every detail, even when it’s out of his hands—be it the weather, traffic or your life. True, women like a guy that is manly, but manly isn’t the same as domineering. Before you know it, you soon start to lose your identity and become a creation of his. That isn’t love; it’s a dysfunction and you need to believe it.

2. The Abuser
A control freak will almost always become an abuser, but not all abusers start out as control freaks. In fact, abusers are usually nice guys until their anger kicks in. How many times have we heard an abused woman say, “He’s not like that o. It’s only when he’s angry that he lashes out”? If a guy belittles you, tells you you’re worthless, or insults you, that is abuse. If he forces you to do things you’re not comfortable with, that’s abuse. It may initially look like a temper issue, but physical abuse soon follows, and no woman deserves that. Do not date an abusive man—no matter how alternately nice he is.

3. The Man-child
He doesn’t have to be younger that you are as many women assume that men younger than them are automatically immature. He could be much older but his brain is stuck in adolescence, thinking like a 13-year-old and always craving your validation. Being in a relationship with this man will always leave you drained, because it’s feels like you’re raising a child.

4. The Ghost.
You see him only when he wants to be seen. One minute he’s doting on you and everything’s peach; the next, poof! He vanishes and you can’t reach him by phone, text, BBM, mail, tweet— nothing! He’s not dead; he simply does not want to be reached. This is 2012—there’s a way to stay in touch if you want to. Forget his elaborate explanation when he does reappear, all na wash. He definitely has another life that he doesn’t want you to be part of.

5. The Unambitious.
If a guy cannot say what his goal in life is, strike his name off the list. Waiting for his grandfather’s will is not an ambition, neither is playing the visa lottery every year. The country is hard, but that doesn’t mean we cannot have workable dreams, no matter how nascent.

6. Mr Chop my money.
All he has is money. Not character, finesse, values or even an education. Just money. Unfortunately as women very well know, money isn’t everything; this guy can buy you fine things but he can’t treat you with sensitivity. Being with him will cause you to live a life of quiet desperation.

There are guys whom you like and no matter how you try, they simply don’t want YOU. They could be taken, gay or blind. Rejection hurts, but it’s part of life. Move on. While you still have your dignity, in God’s name, move on.

U ARE TOO GBASKI!!!! cool cool cool
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by dapo338(m): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2012
Well, all might not be right but what i know very well is ladies should avoid guys with BIG AND LONG STICK; because it will destroy the PASSAGE, so what about ladies a guy should not date?
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
U shld av jus said all d women shld jus remain spinsters.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by ePUNK: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
idle gist
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by tlops(m): 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
Romeo.:
Articles like this should end with "the type of men ladies should date. It's not fair to ask them not to do this and that without showing them the way forward. . . **Thinking out loud**
Exactly my thought.
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by capegate(f): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
Oh!OMG I will like to date a tough guy nd principle guy also
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by StateOfMind: 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
*nods*

*continues nodding*

99.99% of men fall into one of the above.

* thinking*

*exits thread in search of the remaining 0.01%*

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by lilkech(m): 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
finn: U shld av jus said all d women shld jus remain spinsters.

abi o

because all men possess one or more of those characteristics

1 Like

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by yankison(m): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
[quote author=eghost247]1. The Control Freak
Many women have had their lives turned upside down by a control freak. He has an overwhelming desire to control every detail, even when it

People are not the same ,I will lead my babe to the greener pasture , she can't stay with while calsses are going on .
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by JimmyBoy1: 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
Nice post anyway
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by slimyem: 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
seen this before..
3,4,7 and 8 sound familiar!
Nice though...
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Romeo3(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
tlops:
Exactly my thought.

Yeah. The thing with such kind of well articulated write-ups is that information only flows on one side, therefore, they are on the lookout on how to avoid such men when in reality, they are avoiding ALL men. I think it would be better if the ladies identify the different classes of men the OP listed, and choose the categorized number she knows she can live with, and then learn to love him for who he is. Asking them never to date them is just not possible!
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by alex406(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
dapo338: Well, all might not be right but what i know very well is ladies should avoid guys with BIG AND LONG STICK; because it will destroy the PASSAGE, so what about ladies a guy should not date?
smiley true bt most girls like big stick.
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by GboyegaD(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2012

This is the funniest to me. Does this mean any guy who doesn't like to date a lady that makes advances to him must have been taken, being gay or blind It sounds shallow to me because for me some guys just don't like dating girls who make advances because they want to do the chase all by themselves as it is seen as part of the game.
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by elseohjay(m): 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by dmahn(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2012
Romeo.:

Yeah. The thing with such kind of well articulated write-ups is that information only flows on one side, therefore, they are on the lookout on how to avoid such men when in reality, they are avoiding ALL men. I think it would be better if the ladies identify the different classes of men the OP listed, and choose the categorized number she knows she can live with, and then learn to love him for who he is. Asking them never to date them is just not possible!

no man is perfect. you can not get more than 10% of men that does not belong to those categories. Good luck ladies if you can remain single

1 Like

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by babakura(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
I hear na only men be evil for this world ..
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
eghost247: 1. The Control Freak

2. The Abuser

3. The Man-child

4. The Ghost.

5. The Unambitious.

6. Mr Chop my money.

Reference other people's work.... This has been on naijapals.com for two days now
http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,98222.0.html
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by deeplow: 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2012
Well written.if you are a lady n u are looking for a guy who doesn't possess any of the above listed characteristics,call JESUS.finish.
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Phems(m): 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
Only if they would heed to this....
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by freecocoa(f): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
deeplow: Well written.if you are a lady n u are looking for a guy who doesn't possess any of the above listed characteristics,call JESUS.finish.
Are you saying only jesus doesn't possess those characteristics?
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Nayah(f): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
Super advises!! now you can write what kind of guy we should date it could help wink
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by twinstaiye(m): 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
The question is, who then should they marry? Talk about what does a woman want?

1 Like

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by JennyAgun(f): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
dapo338: Well, all might not be right but what i know very well is ladies should avoid guys with BIG AND LONG STICK; because it will destroy the PASSAGE, so what about ladies a guy should not date?

Dapo338.:
Destroy the passage, yes for the initial entry but repeatition makes the passage adjust to the size.

But mind you (ladies) guys with BIG AND LONG STICK are very good at flaunting it to as many ladies as they meet. Some even said "babes like gbola".
Some with big stick will snap it with their bb camera and send it to their babes for admiration in waiting....grin grin
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Yorisb: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2012
dapo338: so what about ladies a guy should not date?

Go and open ur own thread, Oga.
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by Liverpoolfc(m): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
Which of these do i belong to? Due to lack of experience in relationship should i say i belong to the group that need to be raised? Mba, rara, no.; i dnt belong to that group. I cann't find the group i belong to in the above list.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by emsquare(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
Romeo.:

Nyc point der!
Re: Types Of Men You Should Never Date by deeplow: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
freecocoa: Are you saying only jesus doesn't possess those characteristics?

Yes my dear sister.No matter how little it is,every guy likes to be in control and occasionally,every man has to visit dat 13 year old brain.it is normal.a guy can't always be mature.if a guy is not in control in a relationship,such a one,wldnt last.u can prove me wrong tho.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Put Cocaine On Their Penis To Make Sex Sweeter - Kenyan Lady / IF YOU Are Poor or From a Poor Home, Read This [Picture] / My Experience With A Northern Babe (fulani)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.