Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

He's A Muslim - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / He's A Muslim (3814 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 9:05am On Apr 25, 2012
nene1: I didn't fall for anything. I knew what she was getting at. I did nt criticize the ruling, but just stating my difficulty understanding some things.

And I guess you also saw this one coming.

toba:

Let me respond to u, seeing u as one of the non myopic few Muslims we have around.

Please dont let ur self to be brainwashed by failing not to ask questions on 'rules' or laws that are man made and not God made.

If u read my post on this thread, i've asked all Muslims concerned to show me from the quran where GOD or Allah directly told Muslim men to marry Christian women and the same Allah now told the women not to marry outside their religion.

Its pure lopsidedness and selfishness on the part of some of these scholars. Like u rightly said, why is the law so biased towards women? Are the men more human than the women?

There are so many BS that comes along with Religion.

Pls don't be brainwashed. God didn't tell any Muslim woman not to marry a Christian Man. Its pure ignorance and man made selfish rule that brought about all these BS.

Look at some of the texts coming from Boko Haram, Some of them claim they are fighting for God by killing God's pple that haven't done any evil against them. They even quoted the Quran to back up their devilish acts. Can we then say becos they Quoted the quran, they are doing the right thing by killing innocent pple? Try to liken this to the so called push by ignorant muslims that women shouldnt marry outside their religion.

I've spoken to more enlightened muslims outside the forum and they are willing to Marry anyone provided that person believes in God.

See my bro, they'll go ahead with such Marriages and nothing would happen therafter.

Im still waiting to read the part in the quaran where God himself said, 'Oh Muslims don't marry Christians for ur daughters'
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 9:09am On Apr 25, 2012
toba:

Why are u like this? I've tolerated u by giving u the benefit of a doubt, not aligning with several Muslims and non Muslims that criticize u for the funny behaviour u seldom exhibit on N[/b]L.

I just hope ur online character is quite different from ur real world character

SMH

Yawns! The word you are looking for is '[b]enigmatic
'. I have only one life to live, I live it well without pandering to the likes of you- get used to it or continue to shake your head. tongue
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
maclatunji:

Yawns! The word you are looking for is 'enigmatic'. I have only one life to live, I live it well without pandering to the likes of you- get used to it or continue to shake your head. tongue

I just feel sorry for u. U probably think life ends on the internet.

May be im right cos u really messed up on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/879400/marriage-hijabi-non-hijab/2#10534590 and 'we know' the efforts put in before she sheathed her sword

you deal with that
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
toba:

I just feel sorry for u. U probably think life ends on the internet.

May be im right cos u really messed up on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/879400/marriage-hijabi-non-hijab/2#10534590 and 'we know' the efforts put in before she sheathed her sword
you deal with that

Whatever you think you know is your business my friend. I take care of my business you take care of yours. tongue

Gee, I didn't know life continues outside of the internet, could you lecture me more on the subject matter please?

LOL.

By the way, you should have learnt by now that emotional blackmail does not work with me. I am as pragmatic as they come.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
maclatunji:

Whatever you think you know is your business my friend. I take care of my business you take care of yours. tongue
glad u know this. its best for u to steer clear mine

Gee, I didn't know life continues outside of the internet, could you lecture me more on the subject matter please?

LOL.

i will sheath my sword since i've seen the emphasized 'internet jargon'
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2012
^LOL. Maybe one day you guys will hold an online conference to study 'maclatunji'. What is his driving motive? What makes him tick? What makes him so controversial? Why is there so much drama attached to him? Is he human? Is he an alien? Is he a mutant?

Please let me know when the conference will hold so that I can observe because nothing I say will be accepted by you guys so I won't even try. Really LOL.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
I really dont think there would be any need for that cos the real cause of ur issue is that, u need a woman and im most certain, once u find one, you'll sit tight.

Its better we find one for u.

Do u mind me giving u my special one?
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2012
toba: I really dont think there would be any need for that cos the real cause of ur issue is that, u need a woman and im most certain, once u find one, you'll sit tight.

Its better we find one for u.

Do u mind me giving u my special one?

@bolded, you mean I need someone to give me problems to worry about so that I can be read-less here. #IamJokingladies The major reason I am not involved is because I am not yet ready. Yes, I disturb you-know-who a lot but if I am ready, I know where to look.

toba: Do u mind me giving u my special one?

I think it is time your family put real pressure on you. At this rate you will not find somebody soon. Isn't there a saying that when the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, you mean I need someone to give me problems to worry about so that I can be read-less here. #IamJokingladies The major reason I am not involved is because I am not yet ready. Yes, I disturb you-know-who a lot but if I am ready, I know where to look.
guy what do u want us to believe? Those of us that are in house knows u are in love with someone here and im also most certain again that ur 'love' for her should have led to marriage if things worked out. why are u now saying u are not ready? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

I think it is time your family put real pressure on you. At this rate you will not find somebody soon. Isn't there a saying that when the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable.

Im still a 'young man' even though someone in my office hates it when i say such. I've told her(thank God she's still single and not interested in anyone) that after her service, we will go to the altar for Nikai grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
toba:
guy what do u want us to believe? Those of us that are in house knows u are in love with someone here and im also most certain again that ur 'love' for her should have led to marriage if things worked out. why are u now saying u are not ready? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

Im still a 'young man' even though someone in my office hates it when i say such. I've told her(thank God she's still single and not interested in anyone) that after her service, we will go to the altar for Nikai grin cheesy wink smiley

@bolded, I was typing something else before but I had to delete that because I am thinking to myself: "If Toba thinks I want to marry her like yesterday, maybe she also feels the same way. Hence, her more determined resistance to shrug me off at all cost." Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to fool around. In fact, it is because I don't want to fool around that letting go is so hard for me.

Yeah, I really like her but in terms of the practicalities of becoming a married man, the stage at which she is at as an individual is perfect (for my personal plans as well) because I feel I will be truly ready when she would be ready and that made sense to me right from the beginning.

So even if we had both agreed to give each other a chance, marriage was/is still someway off in the future not immediately. I didn't imagine that you thought that I would marry her straightaway. I mean there is the very obvious barrier of her undergoing training in a different country so why would you think I would want to marry her right away? It is practically impossible!

Was that coherent? Let me know. grin
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, I was typing something else before but I had to delete that because I am thinking to myself: "If Toba thinks I want to marry her like yesterday, maybe she also feels the same way. Hence, her more determined resistance to shrug me off at all cost." Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to fool around. In fact, it is because I don't want to fool around that letting go is so hard for me.

Yeah, I really like her but in terms of the practicalities of becoming a married man, the stage at which she is at as an individual is perfect (for my personal plans as well) because I feel I will be truly ready when she would be ready and that made sense to me right from the beginning.

So even if we had both agreed to give each other a chance, marriage was/is still someway off in the future not immediately. I didn't imagine that you thought that I would marry her straightaway. I mean there is the very obvious barrier of her undergoing training in a different country so why would you think I would want to marry her right away? It is practically impossible!

Was that coherent? Let me know. grin
its not good to underestimate anyone. Im not obliged to know ur real status outside here. u may be read and not known to anyone.

IF I were to be a muslim, maybe she'll consider me. tongue
Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2012
nene1:

That is the point of my confusion in the first place. It is a slippery slope. I don't want to criticize my religion but at the same time I feel like everything in Islam favors men. Well at least the INTERPRETATIONS Since I am not a scholar, I cannot say their INTERPRETATIONS are wrong, but we do have to keep in mind that most scholars are men and very very rarely a women. It says women of the "people of the book" are lawful to them which they interpret to mean Christian and Jewish women. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable can explain that verse better to me. It is difficult for me to understand why muslim men are allowed to marry a non-muslim woman at all expecially when muslim women are not. I just don't get why children with a muslim father vs. muslim mother are more likely to turn out muslim when many of these muslim men with non-muslim wives almost never have muslim children. I have NEVER seen it personally. I wonder if some muslim men like to twist these verses so they can marry whoever they want. It is great for muslim men. You can marry up to 4 and she doesn't have to be muslim. So many options for them.

I just cldnt pass by without responding. Actually, IMO, being confused isnt totally bad in itself. I heard d hadith of the prophet where he mentioned that a doubt in faith shows some level of faith in itself(guess that applies here). We are allowed to think and as we do so, we'd realise the hidden benefits in the laws of Allah.

Concerning the partiality, looking at things from the surface, Islam seems to favor men as you mentioned. The laws of inheritance, the ability to marry as many as four wives, their being the head and in this case, the allowance of marriage to people of other faith, the kind of privilege we are not allowed as women.

Before I think of the benefits such laws may have, I put in mind, this is what ALlah says and there is no going against it.

then, I allow myself think of other things.. In this case for example, a Christian man wouldnt appeal to me in the first place, maybe because I have always known the rule from childhood and maybe not. SOme lines are just never crossed.

And for the Muslim man who is given the chance to marry from the people of the book, I think he is more at loss than I am. A lot could go wrong and he would have to answer for them, just like it is in polygamy. What happens to his children due to his choice of wife, what happens to his faith, what kind of life he lives .

In the long run, I feel protected as a Woman by these laws.

Muslim men should always think deep, beyond the enjoyment they think these laws afford them. I have noticed that Monogamous men look much younger than the polygamous ones of the same age. Polygamy, marriage to non Muslims are tests from Allah. Be careful while you practice them.

1 Like

Re: He's A Muslim by deols(f): 10:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
double post
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
Any muslim taking to Toba's advice is heading towards destruction-hellfire.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 9:30am On May 01, 2012
uplawal: Any muslim taking to Toba's advice is heading towards destruction-hellfire.
keep deceiving urself. U were born a christian and practised christianity till u changed belief. U know absolutely nothing about Islam.

I have challenged all muslims to show me where Allah made such decree that ur men can marry xtian but ur women cannot. To date, non have the balls to do so cos it was mere man dictate and not God's.

Stop following deceit. Hell fire ko, hot fire ni mtcheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 9:56am On May 01, 2012
toba: keep deceiving urself. U were born a christian and practised christianity till u changed belief. U know absolutely nothing about Islam.

I have challenged all muslims to show me where Allah made such decree that ur men can marry xtian but ur women cannot. To date, non have the balls to do so cos it was mere man dictate and not God's.

Stop following deceit. Hell fire ko, hot fire ni mtcheeeeeeeeeeew

Stop blowing hot and cold. As for the verses read this http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/why-cant-a-muslim-woman-marry-a-non-muslim-man-12th-june-2011-ready/ I don't want to post them here because you will just argue and argue. Go and argue with the kind people over there. grin

@Uplawal, I will call for more decorum with your comments. Hell and who goes there are the exclusive preserve of Allah so don't be quick to say anyone is going to hell- this is without prejudice to Islamic injunctions.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 10:25am On May 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Stop blowing hot and cold. As for the verses read this http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/why-cant-a-muslim-woman-marry-a-non-muslim-man-12th-june-2011-ready/ I don't want to post them here because you will just argue and argue. Go and argue with the kind people over there. grin
When i say most of u muslims are confused and don't have minds on ur own, im very correct.

I have simple asked for direct speech from Allah that specifically permits the male and prohibits the female. U couldnt find one yet u directed me to a link of equally confused muslims. However from ur link, there are some enlightened muslims. I'll post the contradictions of muslims from the link u provided above
TruthSeeker22 on July 23, 2011 • 12:29 am:
Dear Wael, Thank you for your response. If I am not mistaken, the verse you have quoted also states: "Do not marry idolatresses until they believe..." (2:221) This is stated before the part that says not to marry your girls to idolaters.
If the same command is given to men in this same verse, why does this verse not overrule their permission to marry women of the book like it does for women to marry men of the book? I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

I am trying my best to understand the matters of my religion of which I do not have enough knowledge yet, and I thank you for assisting me in this aim.
here's another one
wael on July 23, 2011 • 5:55 am:
There is a general prohibition in Islam against marrying non-believers, whether male or female.

However, Allah has made a specific exception for men only to marry women from the People of the Book. So when Allah says, "Do not marry idolatresses" the word in Arabic is "mushrikeen" and it's a reference to the people who worship idols, statues, multiple gods, etc. It's not referring to the Christians and Jews. The term "mushrikeen" or idolaters have never been used to refer to the People of the Book. There are other conditions for marrying women from the People of the Book; for example they should be chaste. This is a condition that is commonly violated among Muslim men who marry these women. Wael IslamicAnswers.com Editor
u must be a joker if u expected me to go argue with confused folks that cant even interprete what they've read.

I'll give u links to what other scholars says about the subject matter
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 10:38am On May 01, 2012
Did I not say you will argue, "Then if you know them to be Believers, do not send them back to the unbelievers. They are not halal for them (as wives), nor are they halal for them (as husbands)." - (Q60:V10) This verse talks about women who were captured in war that have become Muslims by choice, It says they are not to be returned to non-Muslims including Christian and Jews, note the word there is unbelievers not idolators.

If women who became Muslims by being prisoners of war are not to be allowed to be returned to their non-believing HUSBANDS. Is it our free Muslim women that we will now hand over to people like Toba? The prohibition is clear and no exception has been made for women no matter how little.

I have an idea of what you will say next. Re-read the text again and stop deciphering that which does not exist in your favour or for your benefit.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 10:38am On May 01, 2012
open this link
www.forpeoplewhothink.org

” Dr. Khaleel Mohammed studied Sharia at Muhammad bin Saud University in Riyadh (Sunni) and the Zeinabiyya in Damascus (Shia). He holds a Ph.D. in Islamic law from McGill University
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 10:44am On May 01, 2012
maclatunji: Did I not say you will argue, "Then if you know them to be Believers, do not send them back to the unbelievers. They are not halal for them (as wives), nor are they halal for them (as husbands)." - (Q60:V10) This verse talks about women who were captured in war that have become Muslims by choice, It says they are not to be returned to non-Muslims including Christian and Jews, note the word there is unbelievers not idolators.

If women who became Muslims by being prisoners of war are not to be allowed to be returned to their non-believing HUSBANDS. Is it our free Muslim women that we will now hand over to people like Toba? The prohibition is clear and no exception has been made for women no matter how little.

I have an idea of what you will say next. Re-read the text again and stop deciphering that which does not exist in your favour or for your benefit.

My guy hope all is well.

Now lets come back home. U know what we ve been fighting over in the last one year or thereabout right?

Base on my inquiry, are u maclatunji allowed to marry Chika a christian in Nigeria and i toba is not allowed to marry a mukinaw(muslim) judging by the dictate of the Quran? did Allah give such directive or it was ur prophet that was narrating was he feels u guys should do?
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 10:50am On May 01, 2012
Dr. Khaleel Mohammed:

In our day, since Qur'anic Islam (as opposed to the Islam of the male jurists) must acknowledge the radical notion that women are equals of men, that women have legal rights, and that those rights include placing conditions on the marriage (what you and I would term a 'pre‐nuptial agreement'), then an inter‐ faith marriage can take place on condition that neither spouse will be forcibly converted to the other's religion. As long as that condition is respected, you and she have my blessing.
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 10:52am On May 01, 2012
toba:

My guy hope all is well.

Now lets come back home. U know what we ve been fighting over in the last one year or thereabout right?

Base on my inquiry, are u maclatunji allowed to marry Chika a christian in Nigeria and i toba is not allowed to marry a mukinaw(muslim) judging by the dictate of the Quran? did Allah give such directive or it was ur prophet that was narrating was he feels u guys should do?

Is that a rhetorical question? My last post is clear. Okay, let me spell it out. Maclatunji is allowed to marry Nneka if she is chaste (although very much ill-advised). However, Aishat must not marry Toba. This is the summary of Islamic rules on the matter. So, stop arguing already.
Re: He's A Muslim by maclatunji: 10:59am On May 01, 2012
toba: In our day, since Qur'anic Islam (as opposed to the Islam of the male jurists) must acknowledge the radical notion that women are equals of men, that women have legal rights, and that those rights include placing conditions on the marriage (what you and I would term a 'pre‐nuptial agreement'), then an inter‐ faith marriage can take place on condition that neither spouse will be forcibly converted to the other's religion. As long as that condition is respected, you and she have my blessing.

Dr. Khaleel's blessing is not the basis of Islam. There are many non-Muslims with the same qualifications he has. Would I now seek religious guidance from them? I bet such a marriage has Toba's blessing as well. tongue grin By the way, there are many funny scholars in North America that seek to pander to American/Western interests, So, you will find enough pseudo-scholars that will tell you what you want to hear. It doesn't mean it has basis in Islam.
Re: He's A Muslim by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Dr. Khaleel's blessing is not the basis of Islam. There are many non-Muslims with the same qualifications he has. Would I now seek religious guidance from them? I bet such a marriage has Toba's blessing as well. tongue grin By the way, there are many funny scholars in North America that seek to pander to American/Western interests, So, you will find enough pseudo-scholars that will tell you what you want to hear. It doesn't mean it has basis in Islam.
smh. can u debunk his claims?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Acadip And Her Likes Are Not Muslims / Etiquettes Of Jum'at / Allah Swear To Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.