Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,818 members, 7,872,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Any Problem With My International Passport ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Problem With My International Passport ? (1554 Views)

My International Passport Fell Inside Water / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Problem With My International Passport ? by cuteguy4u(m): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2007
hello friends,

u see i got a nigerian passport early dis year, while i was registering, i used just my surname and my first name for it, but someone was telling me that i should have added my second name too since i have other name[dats second name]so dat my educational documents which hav my second names could be justified, and the fact is dat i intend to go for my masters in the uk or us by next year, do u think the passport will be registered since most of my documents hav my surname, first and second names, especially my school cert[waec], Bsc, and NYSC.

pls i need a reply on dis, thanks alot
Re: Any Problem With My International Passport ? by bowa(m): 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2007
hello,you not including your initials doesn't make the passport to be useless.u can go ahead with watever you want to use it for.Along the way u might encounter some problems like the names not corresponding with your certificates and all.but i believe there are ways you could go about it.you will sworn an afidavit to back ur claims.best of luck, for more info visit me at www.askbowa..com or call 234-7030138190. best of luck
Re: Any Problem With My International Passport ? by eryck(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2007
@poster.

So long as you intend to study your master in UK or US of A, I will advise you go for an E-passport indicating your other names since your Educational credentials have this name of yours. Because there could be somebody else with dsame credentials bearing that same name of your without the middle name.

Its absence on your passport will raise alot of questions by the ECO. DNT even consider applying like that, its very gross.

bowa:

hello,you not including your initials doesn't make the passport to be useless.u can go ahead with watever you want to use it for. Along the way u might encounter some problems like the names not corresponding with your certificates

The passport can still be used for anyother purpose (VISIT), but for the purpose masters you will definately encounter some porblems & the ECO won't be patient enough to sort that out.

bowa:

.but i believe there are ways you could go about it.you will sworn an afidavit to back your claims.
An affidavit is not enough because the ECO has seen alot of FAKES. with just #200 you will get one.

ALL THE BEST.
Re: Any Problem With My International Passport ? by Tats(m): 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
My take on this is always ensure your names match on all your documents especially if you are going international (No shortforms). People have been refused visas for names not correctly matching even when they are genuine.
Re: Any Problem With My International Passport ? by Dantecmu(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2007
Tats:

My take on this is always ensure your names match on all your documents especially if you are going international (No shortforms). People have been refused visas for names not correctly matching even when they are genuine.

Said it all. Consistency. wink
Re: Any Problem With My International Passport ? by Fetora222: 7:20am On May 08
Please the names on my Birth certificate and WAEC certificate is different from the ones on my NIN and international passport. How do I apply for corrections of names for NIN and International passport?

(1) (Reply)

How To Disappear To London / African Garden Lodge, Omole Phase 1 / Nigerian born John Abraham Godson becomes Poland’s first black lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.