Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,106 members, 7,890,673 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:01 PM

Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone (9462 Views)

Nigerian Dies In Malaysia After Selling Kidney For N6million / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / Nigerians Selling Their Kidney For $30,000 Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2012
(CNN) -- Five people in southern China have been charged with intentional injury after illegally buying one of the kidneys of a teenage boy, who used the money at least in part for an iPhone and an iPad, according to statemedia.

The five, including a surgeon, removed the organ in April 2011 from the 17-year-old high school student from China's Anhui province. The teenager is now suffering from renal insufficiency, Xinhua reported.

The boy's condition is deteriorating, it said.

One of the defendants, a man named He Wei, was described as "penniless and frustrated over gambling :debts" and allegedly "sought to make enormous earnings through illegal kidney trading," the news agency reported.

It said the men identified donors through online chat rooms and conducted the operation at a hospital.

A man named Song Zhongyu, a surgeon from a provincial hospital in Yunnan province, received nearly$35,000 in the deal, while the boy was given about $3,500, Xinhua said.

Wang later confessed to his mother when she confronted him about where he got the money for the Apple products, the news agency said.

According to China's Ministry of Health, about 1.5 million people in the country are in need of transplants, and yet only 10,000 transplants are performed each year, Xinhua reported.
_
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/06/world/asia/china-kidney/index.html

1 Like

Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Callotti: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2012
Welcome to 'Otokoto' booming business in China! grin
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by mkmyers45(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2012
Callotti: Welcome to 'Otokoto' booming business in China! grin
grin but abeg who send am? tongue
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Callotti: 9:26am On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: grin but abeg who send am? tongue

17 na minor na. Who would ethically purchase a kidney from a minor online? Kai.
That is unthinkable!

A man named Song Zhongyu, a surgeon from a provincial hospital in Yunnan province, received nearly$35,000 in the deal, while the boy was given about $3,500, Xinhua said.

Hmmmm! See wetin poverty dey cause? cry
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by greentea1: 1:05pm On Apr 07, 2012
Polarization is too large,
Poverty
[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Deiok(m): 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
the young boy was totaly
stupid in his own path.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by laodedRay(m): 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2012
Na wah o! Chie dem don do my guy abrakadabra! Welcome to reality mr ching chung fool!

2 Likes

Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
laodedRay: Na wah o! Chie dem don do my guy abrakadabra! Welcome to reality mr ching chung fool!
Lmao
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by jspac(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2012
Kidney Runz.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Mpetempe(m): 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2012
Chai the love of money ooo the root of all evilS. $3,500 minus $35,000 kiaaaaaaaa :cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Soocool1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2012
That boy is an embodiment of stupidity!!! trading his kidney for eye phone!! na u take ur hand kill urself
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Opoki(m): 1:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
green tea: Polarization is too large,
Poverty
Poverty of the mind is more worst.
[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Deiok: the young boy was totaly
stupid in his own path.
Not stupidity.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by achi4u(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2012
there still poverty in china
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2012
[size=15pt]OMG! So fellow Nigerians, do not despair. Even citizens of a country like China could go as far as selling his Kidney. I remember reading a similar story last year and i think i even blogged about a Chinese kid who's having health problems after selling his Kidney for an iPhone.[/size]
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by acidtalk: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
Make him dey tap him iphone and ipad dey go. Nothing do am! Afterall every man must die one day. The only difference is that he sold his life and happiness for a mere $3,500. Money wey no reach some people to buy drinks for club for one night.

Sincerely poverty is the worst thing than can happen to any one. He would have spend the meager sum finish before realizing the damage he has done to himself.

1 Like

Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Emmyk(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
Smh. Poor boy. Time to dance to the tune
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by chucky234(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
Absurd
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by chrishenzo: 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
I think this is an old story. I saw around last year. Why must they change the date to make it look new? What a qualified journalist!

Beside this is a recycling of thread. Check this https://www.nairaland.com/909224/chinese-teen-sells-kidney-buy

1 Like

Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Lollysbride: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2012
Chai the love of money ooo the root of all evil.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by purplekayc(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2012
grin
grin grin grin
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Booty4me: 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2012
Abeg i won sell my own for BB POSCH. Any link?

1 Like

Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by InHim4Him(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
@chrishenzo: though it be an old story, me thinks it's okay to repost to warn our young people if they will care to listen and consider.One once said, "take heed, beware of covetousness. For the life of man does not consist in the abundance of what one possesses". He also says, "what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his soul". The craze for faster computers, cars and all the other things people crave, blind people to the dangers they run until it is too late like this young man's case.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by lepasharon(f): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2012
I DINT KNO A KIDNEY WAS WORTH AN I PHONE

1 Like

Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by babaowo: 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2012
The boy is willing to have iphone and ipad and he is very silly,but is different from some nigeria tribe who will pack their extended families and friends from villiage to indian and china to remove their human parts for money and later tell their parents that they are doing well in abroad,some people are evil.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by asoebi(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
Its very simple, since He has decided to sell his kidney for just $3,500, Then he should also sell his apple products for $3,600.
In that case he is a good businessboy grin grin grin
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by asoebi(m): 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
The boy is willing to have iphone and ipad and he is very silly,but is different from some nigeria tribe who will pack their extended families and friends from villiage to indian and china to remove their human parts for money and later tell their parents that they are doing well in abroad,some people are evil.

@ Babaowo
I smell some rat in that your post and if it eventually boomerangs, ME I NO DEY OOOOOO
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by babaowo: 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2012
aso ebi:

@ Babaowo
I smell some rat in that your post and if it eventually boomerangs, ME I NO DEY OOOOOO
.... Truth is bitter.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by NEROSKY(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2012
D news is 2old,gosh!
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by francis247(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
pls someone help with the formatting code for Nokia X2-01 to get rid of many stuff that came with the phone which I don't need. Thanks in advance.
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by Shadyswag(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2012
Dat boy is an original fool and dumb dumb
Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Iphone by cynthiafred67(f): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
Choi na wah oh... that boy is not only dumb he is stupid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dealing With Azoospermia? Let's Share Together. / ‘Sort Your Waste For Recycling’ – LAWMA MD Urges Lagosians / Best Dental Care Services In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.