Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,274 members, 7,974,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:09 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (149210 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onDcrox: 5:35pm On May 21, 2009
@aguyemd,thanks for this info,sorry,were was your SRD venue,Lagos,PH or warri.Would like to know.If they already have 49ppl on the list you saw then our case is becoming patetic.Guess that list was in Lagos alone because they have for Warri and PH .

@All,Would also want to know if there is any body shell has invited that did his or her SRD in PH,because its like those that did there's in Ph were the last set from 16th-24th.

Things don RED for us wey still they expect,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 6:19pm On May 21, 2009
@onDcrox whether ur SRD was last of first, shell has aleady finished scoring everyone. Its now in the hands of GOD. Like I was told earlier today by my coordinator, they mopping up northernans and I don't understand what he meant. He adviced we all pray so that a good solution is decided about our faith. Learnt a lot of meetings have being going on cos of us. What can I say other than let's all pray a good decision is made between now and the next two weeks. Trust me I spoke to the main man, he sounds really like an oracle but friendly when he wishes to be.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 7:56pm On May 21, 2009
hey guys sorry 4 not responding all along.
@duo i wrote to the lady that sent me the invite
asking for a possible change in venue and she called
almost immediately.

@cheksa this ur oracle cordinator, wats his name?
hope its not enahoro bernard? if he is then my candid
advice is dont take him serious. The person who can really
have final say on behalf of Shell management is Chinwe akabua
i may have spelt the last name wrong, but she is the shell recruitment
lead for the group. But i know someone who can change their mind i mean
all of them and he is,,,, THE ALPHA AND OMEGA.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 9:32pm On May 21, 2009
@ Cheksa, I do not know what you meant by mopping up northerners? I hope it means the same thing I heard from the commercial HR team lead who intimated me that in the spirit of Diversity and Inclusiveness, Shell was presently encouraging applications for the present ongoing commercial recruitment as well as Technical graduates from the north and who were in her words "brilliant like you", referring to the three of us that came 4 medicals that day. She gave us her card and the soft copy of the adverts to call up our northern friends to take advantage of the opportunity. I was wondering, then, that there was no advert 4 technical graduates and since the SITP recruitment process had reached an advanced stage, how were the northern folks going to be incorporated? Even now, I am still wondering. I am only hoping that, in the long run, merit and due process would not be slaughtered on the alter of Diversity & Inclusiveness.
Let me also add that the purported list I claimed I stumbled upon was on the receptionist's system which she used to identify candidates who approached her for meds. It was also in Lagos.
It is only fair that shell comes out with a definite response for all while it makes efforts to state clearly the statuses of every one. That way everyone would be relieved of the palpable anxiety that has become the norm on this thread.
I wish us all, invited and presently uninvited, well in the days ahead. Keep an open mind,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 10:23pm On May 21, 2009
The mopping of the northerners was from the waitin list as in its put into consideration this time around
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onDcrox: 11:18pm On May 21, 2009
well i should guess that when the advert was on for technical graduates,there was no restriction on political zones,it was an open test for every one,the issue of mopping up of Northerner's should be far from it,if there is any zone to be given prefentials then it should be the Niger Delta,make militants no hear this talk about Northerner's o.well its to late for mop ups because SITP starts in July confirmed.Whats actually going on is that the HR are waiting for various departments like process,production, well engr etc. to make request on how many people they actually need per department to match up the required number they need for the programme.They are also considering Course of study,because the performance was actually high.

Please ppl should stop calling there coordinators,what is meant for you can not be taken away from you.series of meetings are going on and shell does not compromise performance,they want to actually take the best.If you are sure of your self then you should not be stressed.

Lets just talk to God to hear our prayers cos they would definitely reduce the number.

I would like to use this medium to congratulate those that already have there IV's cos they actually put up an outstanding performance during the SRD.Lets tap into there success.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by pepperyboy: 9:28am On May 22, 2009
@onDrox, i will like to say that ur comment is as plain as it gets. well done bruv. i tink we should all take the advice given, pls dont call ur cordinators it doesnt change ur status quo.

@all med inv, ur performance was exceptional.hurray to u all!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by wumwum007(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2009
Good morning house,
Any beleiver still in here?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2009
In contradistinction 2 my decision & the advice from onDcrox, I just called my coordinator. He told me that there was a cry from the north that they (the northerners) are not being considered in the ongoing recruitment exercise.It was against this backdrop that Shell is organising a mop-up test/ interview in June 2 accommodate Engineers below 30yrs who are of northern origin.He also hinted me that btw now & next week,the personnel in charge of the recruitment process who is out of the country would have returned & then a proper decision will be taken concerning us.He said we should continue 2 pray for God's favour.
It is clear that Shell will still consider some of us.
I pray that no nairalander will be rejected after all this wait in Jesus Name-Amen.
@wumwum007,how you dey?
pepperyboy,nothing do you.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 10:21am On May 22, 2009
What a long waited application process. Since last year April, I applied to shell and uptil now no news yet. Still we will get back to you. Congrats to the ones wit med ivs. Those still hopefully waitin, what can I say than let's God will be done. Our prayers and effort will neva be in vain. I pray something good comes out from anywhere for us.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by EasyT: 10:41am On May 22, 2009
The truth is if they've contacted one even if unsuccessful,one can take it in one's stride & move on.But as long as one does not hear from them and there is still a glimmer of hope,it has a distractive effect & its difficult to just take the mind off it.Wumwum,yes there are still believers in here who while been mentally prepared for the worst are still hoping for the best.As long as we're still being considered,then there's still a 50-50 chance,which is what you always get in life anyway.Its all good.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by wumwum007(m): 10:51am On May 22, 2009
@Edoblakky, you know that my promise still stands, -one of my beautiful sisters for you.
i love the fact that you enjoy giving us hope on this tread. one day, one day, when all of this hypertension is over we will all meet @ the Fellowship and give glory to God. thanks Bro
@EasyT, Cheksa,Pepperyboy,OnDcrox and all other hopefuls, i am looking forward to seeing all you guys, i am sure we will all laugh over this @ Edjeba.
Peace
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by JisolaMar(f): 11:45am On May 22, 2009
hi guys,
Dont av any info.guess we all av d latest as posted by d previous guys(d northern mop-up,d personnel-in charge of recruitment who is not in town & d fact that there mo successful guys than SITP vacancies). Welldone guys 4 gettn ds infos(all d calls!) & keeping us informed.

wot i can deduce is that there is stl some ltd vacancies & shell itself is confused as 2 au 2 fill these vacancies cos of d large no of successful candidates.Now is d time 2 pray that wotever criteria they intend 2 use, all Shell hopefuls on NL will be in d no.guys,lets stay +ve & kp our hopes alive.it's not easy but "if u faint in d days of adversity,then u're weak indeed". There's nothn humanly possible we can do now except 2 pray,dig?
Pls, dont ever stop 2 pray & claim that which is urs & that which u want. i believe so much in d power of d spoken word especially when its a confession concerning oneself. The only thing that can change it is if God doesnt want it 4 u @ that pt in time!!!

i op u dont mind my sounding like ds, i want 2 be a preacher whn i grow up smiley

I love ds
wumwum007:

one day, one day, when all of this hypertension is over we will all meet @ the Fellowship and give glory to God.i am looking forward to seeing all you guys, i am sure we will all laugh over this @ Edjeba.

I say "Amen" cos i look 4ward 2 seeing everyone @ Edjeba

I ad my meds @ Lag yday.was thru @ abt past 9am & av got another appt 2 c d doc on mon.

Oh, lest i 4get,welcome 2 d thread Uduak_Mot & aguyemd grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by nkenke: 11:58am On May 22, 2009
@ edoblakky there is an iota of truth abt this northerners issue becos on naijahotjobs somebody recently
posted that he needs help for sitp test coming up shortly in Freenam house marina i think this month end, i was shocked when i saw
his post and took it as a bluff. its pathetic that the HR people cud make such consideration and at the same time deny people
who had started the rec process from start in the name of mop up, where those northerners dey when others dey apply?
dey gate crash for test and attended SRD? its indeed a shame, the best approach shell cud have used was to keep them
informed on the next advert n consider them more. afterall Nigeria is one nation this issue of ethnic difference has got to
stop for us to progress.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 2:38pm On May 22, 2009
hey guys, Nkenke has said it all; this northern issue is really a shame! It reminds me of PTDF, where the Government had to consider

scholars from the North who didn't even have the required WAEC credits for scholarship abroad. That's the way it is with anything involving

the Federal Government. The Northern guys call the shots, that's why you see names like Kaduna, Sokoto and Kano streets in Shell Edjeba.

Why dont we have Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers streets instead? I believe God will rescue us at this time. If He has said it, then He will definitely

bring it to pass. Like wumwum007 said, we will laugh over this and give God the glory. AMEN!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 3:47pm On May 22, 2009
I really haven't made any comments so far because I really dont know wot to say about the turn of events.
I come here everyday lookin forward to some great news, but the thread has taken on a sober tone. sad
You know, as much as I'd like to give Shell the benefit of the doubt about this northern thing, the fact that a Shell staff actually said it means that it's probably true. If it's true, then that is very disappointin. . . really.
I dont recall Shell sayin the SITP was strictly restricted to the South! The newspapers we saw the adverts are well circulated around Nigeria, so I dont understand the basis for an alleged exclusion, really.
Having said that, I still believe we shouldn't give up hope!. Some of you have congratulated us med invitees for an exceptional performance. Thank you so much. But, I dare say that the fact that you all haven't been sent regret mails and passed d high cut off mark means that we all did excellently well!. So Bravo to you guyz as well.
Now, with ur excellent performance (cos you have to give God something to work with), Faith and Trust in God and HIS will being that you will get into Shell at this point in time, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it! Nothing!
So guyz (wumwum, Edoblakky, cheksa, Godeagle, EasyT, pepperyboy, onDcrox, uduak_mot and all), this is the time to keep the hope alive and keep Thanking God for what He HAS done! smiley wink cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Osinawata2: 5:39pm On May 22, 2009
Still saying i understand ur pains But prayers can change things ,,,,Lets not stop Praying
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onDcrox: 5:58pm On May 22, 2009
Men am Really Really mad,how would shell of all ppl compromise on this northern issue,Wer is shell located,which group is marginalised most in Nigeria.Niger Delta ppl have not complained ,then Northerner's are shouting.Make we no close shell finally o. Was the opening for the southerners only.Abbi them no get internet for north or them no dey sell news papper,guy am Really Really mad,this is why militancy wont stop,we won go school them no allow us,we one work them no allow us ,the military is filled with northers we didn't complain.Na skill acquisition fit us Abbi.

This whole tin is painfull.If someone is issued a regret mail cos of high performance's by others no whahala,no be say them go  set easy test for them and consider 30% of them.Then make ejeba students ready to be kidnapped or them go shift the centre go North.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by opensesame: 6:34pm On May 22, 2009
hey onDcrox
I completely understand how u feel about this nu devpt. And I'll probably feel the same way, but, like I said, let's give them d benefit of d doubt till we are 100% sure it's true.
And even if it's true, You need to believe that if God says ur in, no nobody (whether from d north, south, east or west) can take ur place, okay? so just relax bro smiley
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kokoeffy(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2009
hi guys, !
any updates from elf total?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onyeka80: 9:13pm On May 22, 2009
Hi guys

We are all in hands of God. We've done our bit, the rest is left for BABA.

We wud all meet in that fellowship @ Edjeba. Forget all the plan that SHELL and the northerners are skimmin. the Lord wud work out a way for us still waitin.

Chillax ppls cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 9:27pm On May 22, 2009
@house and especially med ivs hopeful, why dont we fast and pray dis weekend for Almighty Gods decision to be done as regards this new development from shell. there is nobody greater than God. God has the final say. we have waited this long not to be droped cos of some funny reasons. lets put it in prayers this weekend please.
Thanks.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2009
@ cheksa,I totally agree with you.House,pls lets embark on 3 day's fasting from monday-wednesday next week.Our prayer points:whatever Shell's management decides to do will not deny us our employment into SITP.

No man can deny us what God has given us!

Let's thank God 4 answered prayers.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 10qGod(m): 10:25am On May 23, 2009
People, let not yor hearts be troubled, We all know how all this will end, this knowledge should make us unafraid of the process. we know we will be eventually called for medicals. dont let any news scare you, I am expecting my medical IV as well. I know it will come. and I know yours will come as well. This is the time to praise.

@Cheksa, good fasting suggestion, but let me add, let it be a praise suggestion
@all, sorry I havent been frequenting the house---(am sorry) I have been following closely on my mobile phone and I cant log in on it, and in my place of work, nairaland is blocked,

We will celebrate people!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 10qGod(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2009
@ Opensesame, osinwata,nkene and all those that have provided encouragement, thank you, I will personally meet you all(when we decide to unmask ourselves) to thank you at Edjeba,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 10qGod(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2009
keep the faith up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by kenny82ng(m): 3:43pm On May 23, 2009
pls u guys really send us info my friend and i just applied though i have hnd and my friend has bsc. anyway we dey for application stage but i believe god for all things work together for good to them that love god who are called according to his purpose. thanks pray god does it for u all but remeber us
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by douecho: 6:50pm On May 23, 2009
Kenny82,u ddnt specify what u applied for.

@everyone else,are we sure shell would actually drop successful candidates just to employ northerners?and if they were going to do so,Idont think the hr staff would be so liberaal with such information. once you're successful (i.e at this point u've not recieved any regrets from them), I c no reason y we shld panic,,,.earlier though, I did suggest we shld do other tests like mobil for the sake of options
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aguyemd: 8:52pm On May 23, 2009
@ douecho, your suggestions are quite in order. While it is fair enough to be positive and hope for the best with shell, it is only fairer to oneself to explore other options in view of the fact that the successful candidates far outnumber the available spaces. We should not lose sight of that. Remember; That our statuses indicate final assessment does not in itself mean "absolute success". Its just an indication that you COULD be considered for an offer. PLEASE KEEP AN OPEN MIND. One love,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Cheksa: 8:13am On May 25, 2009
@house lets not give up our faith. we are still going to meet at ELV. anyone with any update should not relent to inform the house. Also dont forget about the 3days fasting and prayers.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Godeagle: 8:37am On May 25, 2009
Hey guys. Like most of us hopefuls, I'm at a loss for words at this time. All I can say is that we should keep up the Faith. Praying, fasting,

thanksgiving all included. The Bible says, "In Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and the household of Jacob (Shell Nigeria-The Next Generation)

shall possess their possession. The job belongs to us; let's claim it. Have a blessed day all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by pepperyboy: 8:50am On May 25, 2009
good morning everybodi, hope u al had a lovely weekend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Does anyone know a thing about CF LEAD? / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.