Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,036 members, 7,922,506 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:48 AM

Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala (15340 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes / Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets / Nigeria Is Going Broke - Okonjo Iweala : The Nation Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by JimmyBoy1: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Just before we start praising Madam Noi.........IF the constitution is the stumbling block , why cant they amend the constitution.

Has anyone gone to jail or docked for Subsidy related frauds yet?

I think she should just resign before these PDP people destroy her reputation?
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by lacasa: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Eko Ile:

Listen to you. Why is she pointing fingers elsewhere when in fact the federal government is spending nearly 75& of our budget. The state's are getting what the constitution dictates, but the federal government is not, they are overspending beyond what's available. When the House and senate dish out millions in increases to themselves on top of the billions they consume every month, where do you think think the money comes from? The expensive houses that they sell to themselves every year and at the end of their terms nko....and instead of passing it over to the incoming civil servant, they budget money to the same thing all over.

The 1 billion naira GEJ food budget nko?

This woman is just shitttting on our intelligence as usual.

Leave †ђξ green snake, she tinx all nigerians are fools? She is a. Pain ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ †ђξ neck, let her go away please. Nonsense
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Demdem(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2012
The mere fact that 1billion naira was originally conceived from aso rock to feed the president before the so called amendment speaks volume and shows the kind of animals living at aso rock. Even if it was removed, am not convinced it still won't be spent. No be Naija we all dey? Probably the retardeen needs the excess crude account to fund his feeding. The govs knows this and they no WAN gree. grin
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
bodejohn:

Meanwhile see a link showing what was amended in the budget.

www.punchng.com/viewpoint/overview-of-budget-2012/

Besides, your link doesn't state what line items where amended in the budget, however, provisions made to accommodate N800billion short fall to accommodate the fuel subsidy.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Kachi01: 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2012
I dont just understand the nigerian mentality, must u alwaz criticise every thing that this woman says or does just becos u hate her even when she's saying the truth and offering the way forward. Even if the president descides to forfeit his salary, what of the 109 senators, honourable members, state govs, local govt chairmen and me and u that alwaz see any govt apointment as an opportunity to get rich quick. The woman just said it as it is. Our present constitution drafted by the military is our greatest enemy in this country.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
Kachi01: I dont just understand the nigerian mentality, must u alwaz criticise every thing that this woman says or does just becos u hate her even when she's saying the truth and offering the way forward. Even if the president descides to forfeit his salary, what of the 109 senators, honourable members, state govs, local govt chairmen and me and u that alwaz see any govt apointment as an opportunity to get rich quick. The woman just said it as it is. Our present constitution drafted by the military is our greatest enemy in this country.

That's Nigerians for you, when she kept quiet, they accused her of keeping mute to the plight of the situation, now that she has spoken and calling for true federalism (something our GEJ and NASS doesn't want to adopt), they call her all sorta names. You can NEVER please Nigerians, I wish she would dump that job and move on to something better, they day our savings is finally depleted and no more money, everyone goes back to their fathers house.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Eazeee(m): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
because she wants 2 b d world bank president so she sudenly wake up 4rom sleep 2 tel us wat we already know abi? ok wat has she done or even advice d govt. 2 do so as 2 address dat? or is she indirectly telin us 2 prepare 4 d worst in terms of more sacrifice 4 dis useless govt.? remember dia is accounting in heaven

1 Like

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by jumobi1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:

You're posting punch for me, whereas you could have gone straight to the budget office for your revised copy. I'm not sure if it was removed? LOL, isn't that rather funny because if it wasn't removed, then where does it reside on the copy that's from the Budget office? I posted the link so you feel free to dig through it, I've dug through it several times to find it, but could not so if you do, please let me know, I'll be waiting

Thank you bro. It's easier to follow than to seek the truth. When people were saying 1billion for food, I simply looked at the budget and didn't see that. It's pretty frustrating how people lazily act like sheep. I know there is corruption everywhere but that 1billion is just a bloody LIE
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Taiw(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life is just trying to be smart in his own foolish way. I'm not sure he knows anything about politics because if you know what is truly happening, you wont come out and take side with ngozi.The govt only tell us what we want to hear knowing fully that people like you will support them.With all what she said, is she trying to tell us she is clean including the federal govt?she'll never come out to say so.They put blames on other sectors and yet they wont accept rsponsibilities for their misdeed.Nigerians want to see results complains taking us as fools.i'm yet to see any achievements so far.The corruption in this country has gotten out of hands.I do advice people if you have the opportunity to leave this country,go 4 it.the country will surely collapse one day dat one is for sure.only time will tell.mayb thats when people like manny4life n beaf will come to their senses.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Ninilowo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
Make d woman go siddon joor. Na today? She no know ds one b4 she dey shout subsidy removal with the retardeen. Now she wan change tone eh? A beegi make she shift go world bank dey go commot subsidy there jare.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by member479760: 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
This woman na devil of this country.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by debosky(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2012
What 'true federalism' is she calling for? Power for her to dictate to the 36 states how much to save?

How is she managing the FG's share of 52.8% of revenue? If the states are spending less than half of the allocation, is NOI telling us that the FG's savings amount to a paltry 3.6bn or is the FG ALSO spending as fast as the states are spending it?

When we see a modicum of fiscal restraint from the biggest spenders then we can demand more circumspect spending from those shouldering the bulk of responsibility with inadequate funding.

By saying there should be more talk about fiscal 'federalism' than the constitution, she is simply wishing she was back in the days when she could dictate to elected governors how much to spend, supported by her arrogant OBJ. She simply angling for a thinly veiled power grab. A return to the days when she supported illegality by withholding Lagos State LG funds.

Yes we should exercise more restraint, but when the greatest levels of profligacy exist within your own remit, you have no right to call others to order.

Forget this argument about 1 billion - it is a red herring, its removal or presence does not change the fact that the FG is the most wasteful arm of government. Fix that first and then we may be able to listen to you.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by nosa2(m): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
If the economy collapses the rich won't suffer
because they're heavily invested abroad, if there is
civil uprising the rich still won't suffer cause they
have houses and cash abroad. So anyway way you
look at it the rich would never suffer. Look at the
boko haram crisis how many rich people are dying? The country belongs to the middle class,
they're the ones that'll be wiped out by economic
collapse, the poor are already eating from dustbins
so they really don't have a lot to lose, but the
blackberry generation that feeds from pay check to
pay check and is investing heavily in our Nigeria denominated pension system has a lot to lose if
the economy crashes. Right now this seems like an academic exercise,
let's all bash the government! It's all their fault,
they're thieves and demons but very soon many
people reading this would start to feel the effects
and I would genuinely feel sorry for them when
that time comes.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Lawalkay(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
This issue does not require argument. Let all contributor to d issue go and listen to late fela kuti " teacher don't teach me nonsense ". It's long that I have renounce my nationality. I have lost faith in anything good coming out of d leaders that this nation created by lord lugard and his wife on a romantic bed supported by queen eli. When all eli need to do on oct. 1st 1960 was to give 3 flags to zik, awo and sardauna telling them to go their separate ways. She ended creating an unholy wedlock. The end shall tell. I sit on d fence. Yoruba +aboki+kobokobo= ?. I have said my own. QED.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
Taiw: manny4life is just trying to be smart in his own foolish way. I'm not sure he knows anything about politics because if you know what is truly happening, you wont come out and take side with ngozi.The govt only tell us what we want to hear knowing fully that people like you will support them.With all what she said, is she trying to tell us she is clean including the federal govt?she'll never come out to say so.They put blames on other sectors and yet they wont accept rsponsibilities for their misdeed.Nigerians want to see results complains taking us as fools.i'm yet to see any achievements so far.The corruption in this country has gotten out of hands.I do advice people if you have the opportunity to leave this country,go 4 it.the country will surely collapse one day dat one is for sure.only time will tell.mayb thats when people like manny4life n beaf will come to their senses.

Unfortunately, I certainly don't have time for stupidity - I believe I made that clear in my response to "Kingowax". Again, I don't have to argue stupidity. If you want to make a sound argument, give me a buzz, as of now, you're just ranting... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh btw, I'm no follower, I've criticized Dr NOI where possible particularly during the subsidy protest, however, I've often sided with her opinions. Now, if you don't like it, well, you know what to do.

The problem with a lot of folks here is that they just can't READ... Please people, read what she has said before you embark on your ranting campaign. Yeah she has said what has been heard before, what has she done, she's lazy, stupid and all sorta thoughts keep flowing out of some folks, makes me wonder if Nigeria can ever come out of it's mess. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by PHIPEX(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2012
Some Nigerians are like the Biblical Pharisees that killed all their prophets and yet expect a saviour. Check out all the comments above and u'll find only few that remember what the topic is all about. Our Governors are asking for all our income to be shared yet we are more interested in killing Okonjo. If we even succeed in taking her out of that office will it stop the Governors from wasted out income, or is that a light matter simply cos NOI was d one that said it?

Many of us here will instantly tell us how much Nigeria has in savings but who among us can tell of any Governor that has publicly stated how much they have in savings (Except perhaps Obi)? How prepared are our state governors for a possible drop in Oil earnings? Most of our Governors mistake savings for an amount that is yet to be spent which they have already budgeted anyways, most of our states run on deficit yet nothing concrete come out of them in term of development. This is why thay are not in a hurry to access the money and capital market because they don't have any financial backbone. Its high time we all collectively beam our searchlights on our states and not only at the center because as long as the states are falling apart, the center can never hold. How can a state not boast of the amount they have in savings, rather every month they head to Abuja to collect"Salary" and we all keep our focus only on NOI as if her office alone will save Nigeria?

It is not about what she has done to change the status-quo cos as long as we are "too weak" to confront our LG chairmen, Governors and Assembly members what ever she does will be sidelined as long as it doesn't favour them, many of her responsibility as far as an economist is concerned are merely advisory. She can not veto the decisions of the Executive council or that of the NA. How can we resigned to fate and then expect her to do wonders? I passed through a LG area today and couldn't help but imagine how many Billions of Naira pass through it yet they couldn't maintain their own building let alone the council area yet all of us belong to one LG or the other. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
PHIPEX: Some Nigerians are like the Biblical Pharisees that killed all their prophets and yet expect a saviour. Check out all the comments above and u'll find only few that remember what the topic is all about. Our Governors are asking for all our income to be shared yet we are more interested in killing Okonjo. If we even succeed in taking her out of that office will it stop the Governors from wasted out income, or is that a light matter simply cos NOI was d one that said it?

Many of us here will instantly tell us how much Nigeria has in savings but who among us can tell of any Governor that has publicly stated how much they have in savings (Except perhaps Obi)? How prepared are our state governors for a possible drop in Oil earnings? Most of our Governors mistake savings for an amount that is yet to be spent which they have already budgeted anyways, most of our states run on deficit yet nothing concrete come out of them in term of development. This is why thay are not in a hurry to access the money and capital market because they don't have any financial backbone. Its high time we all collectively beam our searchlights on our states and not only at the center because as long as the states are falling apart, the center can never hold. How can a state not boast of the amount they have in savings, rather every month they head to Abuja to collect"Salary" and we all keep our focus only on NOI as if her office alone will save Nigeria?

Thank you man, you see that's why I had to overemphasize the reading part because a lot of them are not reading. Dr. NOI clearly stated that the governors wanted to share not some but ALL, in fact here is the excerpt

In her view, governors’ insistence [size=14pt]on sharing every revenue [/size]is unhealthy for the country.

Yet, they miss all that part, the woman isn't saying they shouldn't get revenue, but consistent sharing of ALL revenue ain't good. They also misinterpreted this part

With just $3.6 billion left in the excess crude account after withdrawals to augment monthly allocations to the three tiers of government, Dr Okonjo-Iweala warned that [size=14pt]“should the price of oil drop, we have no cushion”[/size].
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by debosky(m): 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:
Yet, they miss all that part, the woman isn't saying they shouldn't get revenue, but consistent sharing of ALL revenue ain't good. They also misinterpreted this part

How much of the FG's share has she saved before we talk about other levels of government sharing funds? If we assume that she's been saving the FG's share and it amounts to 3.6bn, the savings that you could've made from the states is on the order of 3bn - is that the 'saving' she is talking about?

As the saying goes - people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Where is the fiscal prudence by the FG to support this view of hers that the governors are the cause? Must the FG also spend all of its allocation in order to 'compete' with the states?
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by antartica(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
What is nigeria money spent on?Can't they break it down to the barest minimum?
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
greateros: [size=14pt]the reason for imminent economic collapse has shifted from fuel subsidy to governors[/size] undecided undecided

Nigeria - the more you look. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
debosky:

How much of the FG's share has she saved before we talk about other levels of government sharing funds? If we assume that she's been saving the FG's share and it amounts to 3.6bn, the savings that you could've made from the states is on the order of 3bn - is that the 'saving' she is talking about?

As the saying goes - people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Where is the fiscal prudence by the FG to support this view of hers that the governors are the cause? Must the FG also spend all of its allocation in order to 'compete' with the states?

First of all, you're missing the whole interpretation of what she's talking about. Besides, that is not the savings she's talking about, she doesn't need the state's money, the saving she referred to is asking how many governors have saved substantially in the case of a price drop in oil because the savings in the Excess Crude Account cannot last Nigeria any time. Should prices take a hit by say 5% point, that a big price to pay by states.

Oh I know that the FG is guilty as well, I'm not making any excuse for them as well, however, she's not saying governors are the cause. The woman only stressed that consistent sharing of ALL revenues rather than saving it into the SWF is unhealthy for Nigeria. That is why she called on "fiscal federalism" so governors can control their resources rather than coming to Abuja all the time.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:

Forgive me Mr. SMART, perhaps you're the one making sense...

When I tell you I'm certainly done with this showcase of stupidity, believe me, I'm so done with it.

Below is the "REVISED COPY" of the 2012 BUDGET PROPOSAL FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY.

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2012_budget_pro_details/1.%20Summary_Presidency1.pdf

If you find anyone with your 1billion food as you claim, post it....

Now prove yours that it actually exist... Apparently, it's your turn to prove "the only budget anyone has ever seen was the one that has the N1BILLION/MEALS included in it)"
All you had to do from jump was provide evidence instead of tell someone to "Prove" that ure "NOT TELLING THE TRUTH."
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
Kachi01: I dont just understand the nigerian mentality, must u alwaz criticise every thing that this woman says or does just becos u hate her even when she's saying the truth and offering the way forward. Even if the president descides to forfeit his salary, what of the 109 senators, honourable members, state govs, local govt chairmen and me and u that alwaz see any govt apointment as an opportunity to get rich quick. The woman just said it as it is. Our present constitution drafted by the military is our greatest enemy in this country.

Are you people for real? when is our constitution more amendable than when we have a PDP President, VP, senate President, Speaker house of rep and PDP majority representation in the upper and lower house? You guys should wake up and stop deceiving yourselves and embarrassing our nation with utterances that makes little sense !!!!

The PDP , publicly, loves to hide behind a "frustrating" constitution. Privately they love the constitution passionately and will do everything to maintain it because it allocates Nigeria's wealth to a small elite class. Okonjo Iweala is just sounding off because she knows most Nigerians are not clever enough to work out what is obvious. It is all good shouting about "the biggest Party" in Africa yet , hypocritically, we are to believe this 'giant', in total control of Nigeria, is unable to amend the constitution for the betterment of Nigeria. guys , come on. The thing no be rocket Science na . Okonjo Iweala, first and foremost, should attack the big-for-nothing PDP that cannot do anything positive for Nigeria despite enjoying majority control everywhere for the past decade.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by debosky(m): 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:

First of all, you're missing the whole interpretation of what she's talking about. Besides, that is not the savings she's talking about, she doesn't need the state's money, the saving she referred to is asking how many governors have saved substantially in the case of a price drop in oil because the savings in the Excess Crude Account cannot last Nigeria any time. Should prices take a hit by say 5% point, that a big price to pay by states.

Bros I don't know where you're getting this your interpretation from - she talked ONLY about the excess crude account, which is the centralised saving pool we have. Where did she talk about states saving individually?

Oh I know that the FG is guilty as well, I'm not making any excuse for them as well, however, she's not saying governors are the cause. The woman only stressed that consistent sharing of ALL revenues rather than saving it into the SWF is unhealthy for Nigeria. That is why she called on "fiscal federalism" so governors can control their resources rather than coming to Abuja all the time.

If the FG is just as guilty, then her words have little or no value and she cannot be trusted - if she is unable to generate significant savings from the arm of government spending over 52% of revenue, how will the states save with their paltry revenue?

She is not interested in any fiscal federalism - she is interested in a FG that controls all the resources and dictates to the states - that is the only reason she'd say de-emphasise the constitution.

Besides, what resources does Abuja have in itself except what it gets from the states? Absolutely nothing. In essence the states are only collecting what the FG collected on their behalf in the first place.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
kingoflag:
All you had to do from jump was provide evidence instead of tell someone to "Prove" that ure "NOT TELLING THE TRUTH."

Believe me, when I tell you that I'm certainly not interested in arguing stupidly, honestly I mean it...
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by PHIPEX(m): 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
Gbawe:

Are you people for real? when is our constitution more amendable than when we have a PDP President, VP, senate President, Speaker house of rep and PDP majority representation in the upper and lower house? You guys should wake up and stop deceiving yourselves and embarrassing our nation with utterances that makes little sense !!!!

The PDP , publicly, loves to hide behind a "frustrating" constitution. Privately they love the constitution passionately and will do everything to maintain it because it allocates Nigeria's wealth to a small elite class. Okonjo Iweala is just sounding off because she knows most Nigerians are not clever enough to work out what is obvious. It is all good shouting about "the biggest Party" in Africa yet , hypocritically, we are to believe this 'giant', in total control of Nigeria, is unable to amend the constitution for the betterment of Nigeria. guys , come on. The thing no be rocket Science na . Okonjo Iweala, first and foremost, should attack the big-for-nothing PDP that cannot do anything positive for Nigeria despite enjoying majority control everywhere for the past decade.

I can't believe you said that sir, when did that fall under her jurisdiction or is she a rep to Lai Mohammed? The message is as clear as today's afternoon sky in Lagos grin unless we want to attack the messenger and forget the message.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by aljharem(m): 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:

That's Nigerians for you, when she kept quiet, they accused her of keeping mute to the plight of the situation, now that she has spoken and calling for true federalism (something our GEJ and NASS doesn't want to adopt), they call her all sorta names. You can NEVER please Nigerians, I wish she would dump that job and move on to something better, they day our savings is finally depleted and no more money, everyone goes back to their fathers house.

SMH

when Sanusi was saying that the FG which inculdes the senate, upper house etc were running Nigeria broke with their outrageous salaries, you all castigated him infact you called him a bigot

Now Ngozi is saying the same, you are supporting her ?

Is senate etc NOT PART OF THE FG ?

How much is each senator collecting ?

How much is spent on food in ASO ROCK ?

how much is her own salary as a minister ?

Better wake up and stop defending people just for defending sake
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by aljharem(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
Gbawe:

You've said it all. I hope they wake up !
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by aljharem(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
Where was this same Ngozi when Nigerians were protesting against fuel subsidy removal without a source of income for the country ?

Was she not the same person that said their would be cheaper transport etc and the removal would not affect Nigerians except of course the fuel price.

How much is Bread 6 months ago and how much is it now ? That's your answer

No refinery nothing and she has been part of 2 administration.

Sometimes Nigerians lack sense
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
debosky:

Bros I don't know where you're getting this your interpretation from - she talked ONLY about the excess crude account, which is the centralised saving pool we have. Where did she talk about states saving individually?

She wondered: “how many governors have saved any money? They should understand the dynamics.”

You see, this is one of the reasons why I emphasized about reading. That is the question she posed before moving on to the Excess Crude Account.

debosky:

If the FG is just as guilty, then her words have little or no value and she cannot be trusted - if she is unable to generate significant savings from the arm of government spending over 52% of revenue, how will the states save with their paltry revenue?

She is not interested in any fiscal federalism - she is interested in a FG that controls all the resources and dictates to the states - that is the only reason she'd say de-emphasise the constitution.

Besides, what resources does Abuja have in itself except what it gets from the states? Absolutely nothing. In essence the states are only collecting what the FG collected on their behalf in the first place.

Why wouldn't her words mean any value? nor can she be trusted? That's because that 52% literally flows into the budget where about 9% goes to NASS which she has not statutory authority over. Keep in mind, under her budget, she increased capital expenditure, reducing debt profile as well as other monetary/fiscal responsibilities. Under her, she has controlled most executive expenses, though, baby steps, but it's commendable.

She's not interested in fiscal federalism? Really? Now I think you're a lil biased about the woman rather than the potential in seeing what she argues about. She only emphasized about the constitution in reference to the SWF and savings because the Govs refused to let the SWF come to light because they want everything.

In a true federalist structure, depending on how it's designed, the feds doesn't need to control resources but states do and then remit a portion into federal purse, so in other words, I do not agree with this third paragraph.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
May nigeria break into pieces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2nd-List Of 100 Wanted Boko Haram Suspects Released By Nigerian Army (photos) / Five Propaganda Strategies Politicians Deploy During Elections / No more verification exercise: Abia NLC dares Otti over 7 months unpaid salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.