Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,776 members, 7,952,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala (15371 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke! – Okonjo-iweala Fumes / Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets / Nigeria Is Going Broke - Okonjo Iweala : The Nation Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by antartica(m): 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
Nigerian account should be backdated to at least 15 years.Let the people that have been incharge till this day explain to nigerian children how much they have ganered and how they spent of their monies in last 15 years and what they spent it on.

Accountability is sequencial,you don't just choose to omit what you don't like.Everything has to be accounted for.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Jawn(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2012
Danny3230: May nigeria break into pieces.
A M E N
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2012
alj harem:

SMH

when Sanusi was saying that the FG which inculdes the senate, upper house etc were running Nigeria broke with their outrageous salaries, you all castigated him infact you called him a bigot

Now Ngozi is saying the same, you are supporting her ?

Is senate etc NOT PART OF THE FG ?

How much is each senator collecting ?

How much is spent on food in ASO ROCK ?

how much is her own salary as a minister ?

Better wake up and stop defending people just for defending sake

What Sanusi? That one who has no idea from his left to his right? Please, call competent folks and not SLS... Does SLS understand economic policies? He's even confused on his own monetary policies, yeah he did criticize them, and then, what happened? Is the CBN not an institution set up by the NASS? Biko, this is nothing about SLS or NOI,

NO, NASS isn't part of the FG

How much each senator is collecting ? You should ask your Congress man or woman

How much is spent on food in Aso Rock? How the hell am I supposed to know?

How much does she earn as a minister? Well, I believe according to the FOI act, you can subpoena for that info...

I think you need to see the light, as far as I'm concerned, the woman is only speaking the truth as it is
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Emylexray(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
This woman is so sophisticated and brainy. though i hated her during that fuel subsidy debacle. Nigerians should be proud to have her. Google her profile and you will what i'm saying.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Brixtonyute(m): 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
@ Manny4life and Kachi01

Let's take ethnicity out of the whole thing - and you guys would know that this woman is a FAILURE. Iweala, Barth Nnaji, Iherijika, and Diezani Alison-Madueke have failed Nigeria and Nigerians - they all need to shut up and resign. These four clowns will take Nigeria into abyss.

1 Like

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Olaone1: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
This woman makes no sense.

The WB seems to have a conveyor belt for senseless 3RD World economists.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Brixtonyute(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
Emylexray: This woman is so sophisticated and brainy. though i hated her during that fuel subsidy debacle. Nigerians should be proud to have her. Google her profile and you will what i'm saying.

Why are you so dumb? How has she translated her "profile" into making life better for the average Nigerian? Are Nigerians going to feed on her qualification? Some Nigerians have the same IQs as baboons; it seems some of you guys failed to evolve into full humans.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
Brixtonyute: @ Manny4life and Kachi01

Let's take ethnicity out of the whole thing - and you guys would know that this woman is a FAILURE. Iweala, Barth Nnaji, Iherijika, and Diezani Alison-Madueke have failed Nigeria and Nigerians - they all need to shut up and resign. These four clowns will take Nigeria into abyss.

Thank you, you try...I'm glad you said take ethnicity out of it, don't forget to include SLS who is at the core of Monetary policies, Money and Banking. As for DAM, I think that one needs to go, but for others, they have done their best. Now, I'm not expecting you nor others to understand, but as an individual, I stand by her opinions, we share the same ideology.

1 Like

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by aljharem(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Why are you so dumb? [size=18pt]How has she translated her "profile" into making life better for the average Nigerian? Are Nigerians going to feed on her qualification? Some Nigerians have the same IQs as baboons;[/size] it seems some of you guys failed to evolve into full humans.

[size=13pt]Thank you !!![/size]

Nigerians can be crazy at time with the way they reason. Wonder why Nigeria is still the way it is after 50 years ? well that is you answer. Mediocrity/sentiments is the order of the day rather than saying the truth and getting results
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Tropilo(m): 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2012
Negro_Ntns: The minister did not use tact in this address.

why should she use tact? Is there tact in speaking the truth? The governors only want more money to steal. Its unfortunate our constitution aids it.
Can u imagine what the governors of Borno, Yobe, Zamfara, Kebbi, Benue, Niger, Abia, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Kogi, Taraba, Adamawa will be doing with more more money? When they have only but helped themselves with their state allocations. Our constitution as it is today is nothing but a "legal 419".
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
Tropilo:

why should she use tact? Is there tact in speaking the truth? The governors only want more money to steal. Its unfortunate our constitution aids it.
Can u imagine what the governors of Borno, Yobe, Zamfara, Kebbi, Benue, Niger, Abia, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Kogi, Taraba, Adamawa will be doing with more more money? When they have only but helped themselves with their state allocations. Our constitution as it is today is nothing but a "legal 419".

And what has the Federal Government, the many ministers she is supervising, been doing with the share that comes to them? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Throwing around the axe is what our leaders have been doing and all she is continuing to do here. We were made to believe this administration will bring change from the top down. However, that does not seem to be what it is selling us.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Brixtonyute(m): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
Tropilo:

Stop being hypocritical, the governors want more money to steal - and GEJ, Iweala, and all the croonies at Aso Rock are robbing the country blind. They all need to be stoned to death. Phuck Iweala, and the governors - they're all birds of a father, and they flock together.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by yokiti: 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
First it was subsidy on fuel, now we are hearing that its their excellencies (governors); what will they say to us in the future?

Politics in my country is not authoritative allocation of values but quest for power so as to cause disorderliness to bring about injustice to our rulers' subordinates(masses)!
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Ess: 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
This manny4life or loser4life bores me! mtswwww...
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by blackboi(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
alex_101: Good, I support the governors. They should continue looting and sharing the money until the dungeon called nigeria is completely buried. As a die hard Biafranist, I welcome every move (even by my enemy) to run the country aground. I can see the sun starting to rise as time goes bye. *Tick*Tock*Tock cool

TO DISINTEGRATE THE DUNGEON CALLED NIGERIA IS TASK THAT MUST BE DONE IN THE INTEREST OF THE BLACK RACE cool.

even ikemba odumegu agbari-ojuku didn't succeed @ doing it. I can see u'r tired, quit! Stop been hired!! Retire NoW B4 ur life catch fire grincheesy oloshi omo'ale jati-jati aburo Rev. kINGSangry
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ess: This manny4life or loser4life bores me! mtswwww...

Lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Did I really hit a nerve? This is the first time I'm ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, if I bore you, how can I entertain you cool cool cool cool

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:

Look at question, how can I provide a link or document showing something is removed? embarassed embarassed embarassed When a budget line item is removed, the figures are readjusted... What that means is that the line item for that budget no longer exist on the budget submitted to NASS. The onus is on you to prove me wrong and I will gladly accept, but if you find the link to the new budget for the presidency which states 1 billion food, please post.

I would go even further to demand that they produce a genuine link (outside of El Rufai's rumours) to back up the false 1 billion for feeding claim.
We cannot continue to live in a country where educated people peddle false rumours as fact.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Ess: 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life:

Lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Did I really hit a nerve? This is the first time I'm ROFLMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, if I bore you, how can I entertain you cool cool cool cool

By simply stop being a sore loser.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ess:

By simply stop being a sore loser.

LOL, I don't know which you are; man or woman...lls

Unfortunately, I cannot please you... lol

Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Taiw(m): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
manny4life b4 i reply you,pls tell the house if you are 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd clas graduate and from which university?cos i dont think you reason like a graduate.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
If the states and LG's were not simply parasiting on the FG, would we be having this argument?
Okonjo Iweala is damn right to raise the issue of fiscal federalism, it is high time our states and LG's got their arses tightly packed and started generating revenue. We are all beggars, unfortunately many of us lack the shame to stand upright and drop the begging bowl. Why should the states and LG's continue acting like invalids with no plan, brains or pride?

Me I don tire for una o!
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Ess: 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
Taiw: manny4life b4 i reply you,pls tell the house if you are 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd clas graduate and from which university?cos i dont think you reason like a graduate.

I wonder o, did u forget about pass and fail grades?...obviously he is enjoying the audience.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Olaone1: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
Beaf: If the states and LG's were not simply parasiting on the FG, would we be having this argument?
Okonjo Iweala is damn right to raise the issue of fiscal federalism, it is high time our states and LG's got their arses tightly packed and started generating revenue. We are all beggars, unfortunately many of us lack the shame to stand upright and drop the begging bowl. Why should the states and LG's continue acting like invalids with no plan, brains or pride?

Me I don tire for una o!

I am tired of this woman's half-arsed explanations. She can't even have a toe-hold on the economy for G's sake.

And about fiscal federalism, Beaf, I hope you understand the FG is the no1 parasite. Your State (Delta) should be an Eldorado in a truly federal, fiscal system
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
Taiw: manny4life b4 i reply you,pls tell the house if you are 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd clas graduate and from which university?cos i dont think you reason like a graduate.

LOL, some people are really angry with me today. I feel like clowning some people today.

No argument, I don't reason like a graduate, Dr Taiw, expert in Behavioral Psychology .LOL
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ess:

I wonder o, did u forget about pass and fail grades?...obviously he is enjoying the audience.

No need to wonder, you conclusion about me, beyond doubt, speaks volume so I'm surprised why you're sill wondering about pass and fail grades... You bet I'm enjoying the audience, what other place other than nairaland can I get such audience from half baked individuals who resort to insults as their weapon of intimidation? smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
debosky:

How much of the FG's share has she saved before we talk about other levels of government sharing funds? If we assume that she's been saving the FG's share and it amounts to 3.6bn, the savings that you could've made from the states is on the order of 3bn - is that the 'saving' she is talking about?

As the saying goes - people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Where is the fiscal prudence by the FG to support this view of hers that the governors are the cause? Must the FG also spend all of its allocation in order to 'compete' with the states?

That question is frankly stup!d.

A cursory glance at the constitution will tell you that governors have the right to demand every last penny. Please educate yourselves before asking these funny questions.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by aljharem(m): 11:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
Chai, Beaf don start again

Beaf: If the states and LG's were not simply parasiting on the FG, would we be having this argument?

Oh so you know !

How does the state and FG generate revenue without necessary infrastructures I ask ? Has the FG provided those infrastructure for them to use so as to generate revenue yes or no ?

Beaf:
Okonjo Iweala is damn right to raise the issue of fiscal federalism, it is high time our states and LG's got their arses tightly packed and started generating revenue.

Yes of course but if you reduce their money since they are the ones making Nigeria broke, how can they provide revenue ?

Moreover not all state can provide the necessary revenue to sustain herself. You know that right ?

If their should be any federalism it should be zonal with readjusted boundaries.

Beaf: We are all beggars, unfortunately many of us lack the shame to stand upright and drop the begging bowl. Why should the states and LG's continue acting like invalids with no plan, brains or pride?

Me I don tire for una o!

If the states stop collecting money from the FG (which I agree with you on), the money the FG gets would go to who and where ?

Talk true !
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Tropilo(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2012
@kobojunkie, Brixtonyute and co: its not fair to just criticize any or all statements or actions of Madam Ngozi. Has any of you ever bothered to ask ur state governors how they spend ur money (this is d govt that is supposed to be closer to u)? This woman did not influence d subsidy remover but just because she's from d world bank many of us just assume it was her brain child and therefore hate her for it. Its not fair! As a matter of fact, it was d state governors that pressured GEJ to remove it.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by manny4life(m): 12:02am On Apr 14, 2012
Tropilo: @kobojunkie, Brixtonyute and co: its not fair to just criticize any or all statements or actions of Madam Ngozi. Has any of you ever bothered to ask ur state governors how they spend ur money (this is d govt that is supposed to be closer to u)? This woman did not influence d subsidy remover but just because she's from d world bank many of us just assume it was her brain child and therefore hate her for it. Its not fair! As a matter of fact, it was d state governors that pressured GEJ to remove it.

Don't mind them, I made a reference in my very first post on this thread. The governors as a matter of fact refused to collect their monthly allocation, and threatened if subsidy wasn't removed, YET, they accuse her for every and ALL problems. Please, tell them... I laugh in Swahili.

The heavy deduction for subsidy, she said, was what resulted in the November and December 2011 refusal by governors to collect their allocations, until the subsidy was removed.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Apr 14, 2012
Tropilo: @kobojunkie, Brixtonyute and co: its not fair to just criticize any or all statements or actions of Madam Ngozi. Has any of you ever bothered to ask ur state governors how they spend ur money (this is d govt that is supposed to be closer to u)? This woman did not influence d subsidy remover but just because she's from d world bank many of us just assume it was her brain child and therefore hate her for it. Its not fair! As a matter of fact, it was d state governors that pressured GEJ to remove it.

If this is how you intend to rebut responses then please stay away from politics section.

Go back, read . . .

Kobojunkie:

And what has the Federal Government, the many ministers she is supervising, been doing with the share that comes to them? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Throwing around the axe is what our leaders have been doing and all she is continuing to do here. [size=14pt]We were made to believe this administration will bring change from the top down. However, that does not seem to be what it is selling us. [/size]

Now, if you can, please come back with something more rational for a response this time.

Look, it is easy to point accusing fingers but the fact is we voted the administration in to help reign in some sense into the system. It has yet to do it's part and honestly, telling us that others have not, makes no sense.

Why would the governors not get their share of the loot? When the Federal Government does not pockets much of it's, why should any Governor stop? grin grin grin grin grin Why should they be required to deprive themselves of as much of the National loot cake as they can get their hands on. Oga no wan get his act together, so why dem go come allow oga continue to take it all?
Telling us what we have known for quite a while now does not change anything of the fact that the Federal Government has yet to do ANYTHING of what it promised us to begin with.
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by aljharem(m): 12:06am On Apr 14, 2012

It is not because she is from the world bank but because she was the OBJ Admin that also encourage it an now this !

I respect her but ever since that fuel incident, it just shows that she was heartless to the pains of the average Nigerian on the street.

She knows full well that the extra money recovered from the subsidy would provide more money for the governors etc to loot that was why they supported it at the first place (if you remember). Now she is the one coming out talking about the same governors Nigerians protested against ?

Also, we keep talking of the FG saving money etc Now where is this money going to.

Why does our budget have upto 75 % reoccurring expenditure from last year ? How do they expect to save if 75 % is used to pay up last year's expenses ?

The 60 billion dollars OBJ left in the office is not about 30 or so billion if not less. What happened ?

She promised the money recovered from the fuel subsidy (which is also saving) would be used to provide this, provide that , where are the promises ?

I can keep going on and on
Re: Governors Are Running Nigeria Broke- Okonjo-iweala by Brixtonyute(m): 12:07am On Apr 14, 2012
The problem is that the Nigerian constitution is flawed! In a real federalism - the federal shouldn't be the one telling the states what they're entitled to - it should be the other way round. This clueless woman needs to shut the hell - how can you demand "fiscal federalism" - in a system, which operates everything BUT federalism - isn't that oxymoronic?

I still don't how some of these so-called "educated" managed to get beyond the four walls of a university. I think she's better off at the world bank; than taking Nigeria into abyss, with her voodoo economics.

We need to cut the darn size of the government - and reduce the recurrent expenditure by at least 50% - that's what this stupid woman should be clamouring for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fear Of ICC Made Jonathan To Concede Defeat – Falana / Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday / Audit Report Indicts Olusegun Runsewe Of Multi-Million Naira Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.