Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,872 members, 7,927,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:15 PM

Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! (14610 Views)

Africa's Top 10 Richest Footballers Of All Time / Who Are Your Best Footballers Of All-time? (the Players You Watched Play) / Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Footballers Of All Time By Supersports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by freecocoa(f): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2012
hardeyincah:
Simple english... Footballers and not Hip Hop artiste
ITK prof in eng,did he tell you that he didn't get the question?I seriously wonder where some of you keep your sense of humor before logging in.
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by shadrach77: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2012
1 yekini
2 kanu
3 muda lawal
4 okocha
5 victor ikpeba
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by slam7000(m): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2012
NWANKWO KANU

RASHIDI YEKINI

JJ OKOCHA

GEORGE FINIDI

TARIBO WEST.

victor ikpeba
daniel amokachi
sunday oliseh
nduka ugbade
uche okechukwu
emma okala
sam okwaraji
christian chukwu
joseph yobo
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by kilimanjaro(m): 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2012
dayokanu:

What they achieved in their career in Europe

Kanu- 6th World footballer of the year Highest rank by any Nigerian ever. Won the CL, Played for top clubs like Arsenal, Inter Milan, Ajax

Finidi - Won the Champions league with Ajax

Taribo - Played football at its peak starring for Giants like AC Milan and Inter Milan

Yekini - First Nigerian to win African footballer of the year

Oliseh - Played football at its peak for Ajax, Dortmund and Juventus

All these players played when there was a limit to number of foreigners you can have in your club, Not now that some clubs can have 11 foreigners
This man has said it all! Infact, i owe u a bottle of beer.

1 Like

Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by zuker: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
Kanu
Yekinni
JJ Okocha
Segun Oedgbami
Stephen Keshi

Kanu is first cos he is the most decorated Nigerian player
Yekinni 2nd cos we are yet to get a stricker like him, goals were like pure water then.
We were happy football fans during the times of these players because they were always there for us

1 Like

Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by akigbemaru: 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
Rashidi yekini
Jay jay okocha - the best soccer entertainer I have ever seen in my whole life.
Kanu
Taribo west
Emanuel anuneike
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by dayokanu(m): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
lafile: Anybody using trophy/silverware won as a criteria doen't know their left from right. Can you count hw many trophies John O'Shea and Wes Brown won with Man U? Does it make them great players? Kanu won los of stuff. But apart from 1996 what other impact did he have? Hw much tangible impact did he have on our National team, Ajax, Inter, Arsenal or Portsmouth? He was just a lucky tag along.

Did Kanu become number 6 in the world from tag along?

No Nigerian made top 20 ever in history
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Olalekan0(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
Ambrose Duru

Ndidi Anumunum

Duke Udi

James Enagwuna(R.I.P)

Victor Ezeji
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2012
Olalekan 0: Ambrose Duru

Ndidi Anumunum

Duke Udi

James Enagwuna(R.I.P)

Victor Ezeji

You like home based player no be small. But i think i'll have to agree with you on Victor Ezeji and duke udi. These two guys are veterans in the local scene.
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Vicjustice: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2012
PETER RUFAI
IBRAHIM BABANGIDA (Maradona
YAKUBU AYEGBENI
NDUKA UGBADE
DESTINY IYOHA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by sylve11: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
Did i hear somebody mentioned Terry G? shocked shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
These lists makes me so nostalgic...I miss the days... cry
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Aluweezy(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
I tink mine sud be;
1) Kanu

2) Okocha

3) Yakubu

4) Yekini

5) Victor Ikepba
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by franky023: 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
9jafreak: No Mikel?
Smh!

hahahahahahahahaha 2nd best to Messi lol

Our Youths are in a bad way today. 160 million and we can no longer produce 11 quality players .

To the topic:
Kanu
okocha
Odegbami
yekini
Oliseh
9jafreak: [color=#000099]No Mikel?
Smh!

Our Youths are in a bad way today. 160 million and we can no longer produce 11 quality players .

To the topic:
Kanu
Yekini
Odegbami
Okocha
Oliseh
[/color]
9jafreak: No Mikel?
Smh!

To the topic:
Kanu
Yekini
Odegbami
Okocha
Oliseh
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by hannie: 2:33am On Apr 15, 2012
ndidibabe: Did you read the topic at all?

I should be asking you that question . .

read my post very well b4 you make any further comment . . .
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by jammer777: 5:25am On Apr 15, 2012
John Fashanu
Muri Ogunbiyi
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Patrick Owomoyela
Oguchi Onyewuh
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by emsquare(m): 7:29am On Apr 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Kanu- 6th World footballer of the year Highest rank by any Nigerian ever. Won the CL, Played for top clubs like Arsenal, Inter Milan, Ajax

Taribo - Played football at its peak starring for Giants like AC Milan and Inter Milan

All these players played when there was a limit to number of foreigners you can have in your club, Not now that some clubs can have 11 foreigners

Making sense!
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by dabrake(m): 10:56am On Apr 15, 2012
hannie: Muda LAWAL

Thunder BALOGUN

Segun ODEGBAMI

Inua RIGOGO

Emmanuel OKALA

Etim ESIN

Adokiye AMAESIMAKA

Haruna ILERIKA

Humphrey EDOBOR

These were fantastic players that are being overlooked by current generation analysts in the analysis of the top Nigerian footie players ever!. . .
God bless you @bolded. That guy made maradona look so chaff.
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Cheggoon(m): 12:08am On Apr 16, 2012
Nawa ooo...u jux forget the likes..of....!
Eddy Donbraye
Furo Iyenim
Mobi Opkaraku
Sani Kaita
Yakubu Aiyegbeni..!
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Syenite(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2012
VUVUZELA10: So far, it appears the contributors are young men.
1. VICTOR ODUAH
2. CHRISTIAN CHUKWU
3. SEGUN ODEGBAMI
4. SAM OYEBODE
5. ILERIKA

A buch of players that could not qualify Nigeria for the world cup. They only managed to win the Afcon on home soil. Tunisia, Algeria and Cameroun were our worste nighmares during that era.

My top Five:
Kanu Nwankwo,
Austin Okocha,
Rasheed Yekini,
Stephen Keshi,
Samuel Okwaraji.
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Syenite(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2012
jammer777: John Fashanu
Muri Ogunbiyi
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Patrick Owomoyela
Oguchi Onyewuh

You can as well add:
Chris Amstrong
Calton Okorie Cole
Shola Ameobi
Emmanuel Adebayor
Ugochukwu Ehiogu
Collins Kelechi Osunwa
Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by raphrinco: 1:25am On Dec 30, 2012
Guy we really need your type to always comment and not some people who make blind argument.Kudos
dayokanu:

Re: Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 30, 2012
First 5

Jay Jay Okocha (Possibly the most skilful footballer the world has ever produced)
Segun Odegbami (Master dribbler and football mathematician. Among the most feared strikers of his generation)
Nwankwo Kanu (Arguably the most intelligent footballer to have ever graced a pitch, showcasing exquisite, world class skills)
Adokiye Amaesimaka (One of the most elegant and gifted dribblers and ball jugglers the game has ever seen. A terror to defences in his hey-day)
Rashidi Yekini (Beast of a player and goal scoring supremo bar none. Possibly the most dedicated and passionate player to ever don the Green White Green of the Super Eagles)

Next 5

Finidi George (Poster boy for post-modernist Nigerian football, featuring high intelligence and sublime abilities)
Daniel Amokachi (A rampaging ox of a player, yet deviously skilful. Highly dedicated to the cause in his day)
Muda Lawal (The quintessential midfield maestro. Calm, supremely gifted, with close ball control. A throwback to the 1970 Brazilian team genius. Nigeria's own Gerson)
Christian Chukwu (In his prime, one of the best defenders in the world)
Emmanuel Amunike (Fast, skilful, left-footed genius)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bursaspor SK Signs Shehu Abdullahi / FC Barcelona Lagos (FCBESCOLA) School Fees / Scholes Wants Manchester United To Sign Wilfred Ndidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.