Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,593 members, 7,929,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:53 AM

Making Money On Blogging - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Money On Blogging (2362 Views)

I Need A Way Of Making Money Online That Works, I Am Broke / sold / Help On Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2012
can anybody please give me a useful link on how to make money blogging..i count on you guys..thanks so much
Re: Making Money On Blogging by valenlabella(f): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
@valen la bella..thx, i ll check it right away..and hope u wont mind if i can contact you for more info..thx
Re: Making Money On Blogging by valenlabella(f): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
No prob smiley
Re: Making Money On Blogging by cooltrycia: 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
register ur blog for adsense or adbrite or infolinks even all.after dat they will ofa u a code to place on ur blogs template. Do it.ads wil display on ur blog next get traffic 2 ur blog so ppl cn click on d ads and get paid! Neva click d ads,neva ask pple to,just gt traffic.
Nid more help or ways to mak m wit blogs email punnonline@gmail.com
Re: Making Money On Blogging by ojdollars(m): 5:31am On Apr 15, 2012
cooltrycia: register ur blog for adsense or adbrite or infolinks even all.after dat they will ofa u a code to place on ur blogs template. Do it.ads wil display on ur blog next get traffic 2 ur blog so ppl cn click on d ads and get paid! Neva click d ads,neva ask pple to,just gt traffic.
Nid more help or ways to mak m wit blogs email punnonline@gmail.com

So once the people who visit your site, clicks on the ADVERT, what then happen? You get paid right away? how much do one get paid? You should help drop the info here for free bro, we learn everyday, not that I want to go into blogging, but I just want to learn... smiley
Re: Making Money On Blogging by ojdollars(m): 5:32am On Apr 15, 2012
valen la bella: No prob smiley

@Valen ... Are you a blogger? Do you have a contact online to reach you, that site is very informative, would like to talk some more smiley. OJ
Re: Making Money On Blogging by cooltrycia: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2012
ojdollars:

So once the people who visit your site, clicks on the ADVERT, what then happen? You get paid right away? how much do one get paid? You should help drop the info here for free bro, we learn everyday, not that I want to go into blogging, but I just want to learn... smiley
im sory i jst cnt type it all here.there ar numerous ways to earn bloging
afta u reg. Wit d advert u wil be ask 2 set up hw u wnt 2 b paid- via check,paypal,bank transfer etc. Amt paid per click varies.so if u site has a total 10,0000 visits per day lts say 200 pple out of dat clicks even if u r paid 5naira per click multiply times 200,then times 30 days its somtin.
They will compile it and snd pay mnthly thru d ways u selectd.its dat ok?
Re: Making Money On Blogging by cooltrycia: 7:19am On Apr 15, 2012
and its sis nt bro
im a happy blogger!
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2012
@cooltrycia and ojdollar. You guys are quite impressive and knowledgeable. Well i will like to add at this juncture that whoever is a blogger and is using blogger.com is only wasting his or her time. I say this because it is too manual to use and make money from. Secondly, you are restricted on the kinds of posts you make and various other stuffs i would not like to go into. The best you can do is to make use of wordpress blog installed on your website. Then get plugins to do the rest of the works for you which includes monitoring when your post is indexed the amout of traffic you get daily, keyword optimization and at the end making your site google friendly. Without this it is very difficult to rank and start making money on blogger.com.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2012
@all, thx very much for the info...
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nairaplus(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2012
ribechi: @cooltrycia and ojdollar. You guys are quite impressive and knowledgeable. Well i will like to add at this juncture that whoever is a blogger and is using blogger.com is only wasting his or her time I say this because it is too manual to use and make money from. Secondly, you are restricted on the kinds of posts you make and various other stuffs i would not like to go into. The best you can do is to make use of wordpress blog installed on your website. Then get plugins to do the rest of the works for you which includes monitoring when your post is indexed the amout of traffic you get daily, keyword optimization and at the end making your site google friendly. Without this it is very difficult to rank and start making money on blogger.com.

I wonder where you got this info from. Please, tell me two notable Nigerians that make money blogging. To the best of my knowledge, the top two for now are using blogger. I don't want to mention names, but at least, I know one of them, and have seen some of his earnings.

Moreover, I make mine with a free blogger blog till date. So, @OJ, you blogger is equally a good option.

1 Like

Re: Making Money On Blogging by Judithsam(f): 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2012
Pls can u break it down 2 a layman's understandin,i realy want 2 know d elementry part of bloging.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by cooltrycia: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
ribechi: @cooltrycia and ojdollar. You guys are quite impressive and knowledgeable. Well i will like to add at this juncture that whoever is a blogger and is using blogger.com is only wasting his or her time. I say this because it is too manual to use and make money from. Secondly, you are restricted on the kinds of posts you make and various other stuffs i would not like to go into. The best you can do is to make use of wordpress blog installed on your website. Then get plugins to do the rest of the works for you which includes monitoring when your post is indexed the amout of traffic you get daily, keyword optimization and at the end making your site google friendly. Without this it is very difficult to rank and start making money on blogger.com.
im a blogger and i use both wordpress and blogger you should check well becaus wit wordpres u hav instal a lot of things and gadgets which requires coding knowledge,downloadin,edit and upload bt with blogger wit jst click whateva i wnt i get and i'l list sm interestin features
automatic linkin of ur youtube chanels
automatic adsense
automatic infolinks
google+ sharing
easy addin of codes to template wit a html gadget
and so much more witout payin a dime unlik wordpres wher i must upgrade or pay som1 to code d blog wit what i want.
Dnt gt me wrng wordpress is good bt nt better dan blogger except its free web templates
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2012
cooltrycia: im a blogger and i use both wordpress and blogger you should check well becaus wit wordpres u hav instal a lot of things and gadgets which requires coding knowledge,downloadin,edit and upload bt with blogger wit jst click whateva i wnt i get and i'l list sm interestin features
automatic linkin of ur youtube chanels
automatic adsense
automatic infolinks
google+ sharing
easy addin of codes to template wit a html gadget
and so much more witout payin a dime unlik wordpres wher i must upgrade or pay som1 to code d blog wit what i want.
Dnt gt me wrng wordpress is good bt nt better dan blogger except its free web templates
. Then you havent used wordpress to the fullest. The codes are already prepared inform of plugins. They simply automate everything for you. I can assure you that if you and i start up a web page with u using blogger and me wordpress, i will rank faster and start earning before you all because of the plugins that i have installed.. Everything is just too manual and sheer waste of time on blogger because it will take long before you rank, you must manually post on other places to get traffic from. Etc. But for me, everytim i post a copy goes to all social networking site all for free. Why wont i rank in minutes and make money in matter of days. I rest my case.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2012
i noticed that blogging requires a lot of knowledge about what you wanna blog about..but for a beginner what do you think someone can blog about that can still attract traffic and when does people or google start placing ads on your blog for you to start generating income on the clicks..thanks
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2012
@v
valen la bella: http://www.johnchow.com/how-to-make-2012-your-best-blogging-year/
http://www.trinikid.com/.../how-to-make-money-blogging-in-2011-2012.h...
Hope this helps wink

pls i dont undastnd what d trinikid.com meant for, is that you can create your blog thru it or u can be paid by submiting a blog and i guess the johnchow is a tutorial site on how to start blogging or is there any other info abt the siteā€¦thanks
Re: Making Money On Blogging by wakes: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2012
ribechi: @cooltrycia and ojdollar. You guys are quite impressive and knowledgeable. Well i will like to add at this juncture that whoever is a blogger and is using blogger.com is only wasting his or her time. I say this because it is too manual to use and make money from. Secondly, you are restricted on the kinds of posts you make and various other stuffs i would not like to go into. The best you can do is to make use of wordpress blog installed on your website. Then get plugins to do the rest of the works for you which includes monitoring when your post is indexed the amout of traffic you get daily, keyword optimization and at the end making your site google friendly. Without this it is very difficult to rank and start making money on blogger.com.
it is ok to do what you have said but, blogger also enhances your page rank. If you Google "moringa" you will see my blog www.moringwealthandhealth..com on the first page, courtesy Google.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by netdol: 1:11am On Apr 19, 2012
@ribechi while using wordpress for blogging is good, using blogger.com is not bad either! or what will you say about this? http:///cd5xmqc `ve made a nice income from it.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by 401k: 1:30am On Apr 19, 2012
Wordpress is 10 times better than blogger. Wordpress is opensource, so there are numerous plugins available to tweak your blog to suit your preference e.g, you can add a forum to your wp blog, create a membership site, restrict or limit access to visitors or users etc. Wordpress makes blogging cool.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nairaplus:

I wonder where you got this info from. Please, tell me two notable Nigerians that make money blogging. To the best of my knowledge, the top two for now are using blogger. I don't want to mention names, but at least, I know one of them, and have seen some of his earnings.

Moreover, I make mine with a free blogger blog till date. So, @OJ, you blogger is equally a good option.

Now it will interest you to know that Linda started out when wordpress was not popular and and difficult to use. I tell you if Linda used wordpress, you would have been more than what people are talking about of her. Secondly, the niche she chose was started by her and she populated her pages on search engines and tweaked the title intelligently that she ranks so well. Now competition is stiff you cant even compete with her. What i am saying in essense is this, blogger will restrict you. Let me ask a question. Can you divide your blogs into multiple pages in the sense that each pages will have its own button or link on the menu bar? Can you determine if the SEO on your post is in good shape or not? Can you tailor you tailor your blog theme to match your niche? E.g. If you are in a football, you will definitely do well if your site had a football niche. This and various lapses are found on the blogger platform. Wordpress is more advance. You stress less puttin your site together. In case you don't know, you can also run adsense on wordpress. Now to make more money, you can create movie related sites where people com to watch latest released movies online.. You make money by locking the site 5min or 10min into the movie and tell them in order to continue watchin the movie, they must fill an offer or answer a survey. watch me as i top Linda Ikeji soon.
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
wakes:
it is ok to do what you have said but, blogger also enhances your page rank. If you Google "moringa" you will see my blog www.moringwealthandhealth..com on the first page, courtesy Google.

My friend, unfortunately, you have outranked and thrown off Google Page1. I didnt even see your site on page 2. But that is not true foe for wordpress. Once you are able to make it to Page1 with a certain tweaking on the SEO plugin, you will remain there. You can even outrank old sites intelligently if you look at their site description. So my friend, reconsider the use of wordpress ok? I can build for you if you don't mind. I will do keyword management for you and ensure to work you to page 1 within 2days to 2weeks. Try me.

1 Like

Re: Making Money On Blogging by optimus30: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
ribechi:

My friend, unfortunately, you have outranked and thrown off Google Page1. I didnt even see your site on page 2. But that is not true foe for wordpress. Once you are able to make it to Page1 with a certain tweaking on the SEO plugin, you will remain there. You can even outrank old sites intelligently if you look at their site description. So my friend, reconsider the use of wordpress ok? I can build for you if you don't mind. I will do keyword management for you and ensure to work you to page 1 within 2days to 2weeks. Try me.
pls,i'll like 2 kw more abt wordpress n hw 2 go abt it,pls
Re: Making Money On Blogging by dav8id(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
I have a wordpress and i'm enjoying blogging with it. But how can i run google adsense on it?
Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 22, 2012
dav8id: I have a wordpress and i'm enjoying blogging with it. But how can i run google adsense on it?

Simple.. All you need do is search for the plugin. You can do that by clicking on plugin in your admin dashboard. Click on Add new and the search.

Alternatively, I have attached a plugin file for you here in zip format. Extract and upload. Go to its settings and add your Adsense pub-id and you are good to go. Remember you can choose where on a page you must appear. So enjoy.

Re: Making Money On Blogging by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 22, 2012
optimus30: pls,i'll like 2 kw more abt wordpress n hw 2 go abt it,pls

What exactly do you want to learn? Wordpress is basically a blogging script. You install in on your server and the rest is history. I don't really know what to talk about but please ask a direct question.

Thanks
Re: Making Money On Blogging by chemashie(m): 6:26am On Aug 22, 2012
I will advise you to just play round with blogger first so that you will understand how wordpress works.
To start with wordpress, do your research on a domain name you need using SEO Quake after which register it @ NameCheap.Com and host it with NameCheap as well. Though u can register with namecheap & host elsewhere if u like. 4get about php, mystql and other codings, ur hosting acct with either namecheap, hostgator or bluehost comes with fantastico deluxe or softaculous script which will install ur wordpress from which u can have full authority on ur design, plugins etc. This is the same way u design ur forum using SMH. Goodluck!
Re: Making Money On Blogging by optimus30: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2012
ribechi:

What exactly do you want to learn? Wordpress is basically a blogging script. You install in on your server and the rest is history. I don't really know what to talk about but please ask a direct question.

Thanks
am bin as direct as i cn,u kw it better than i do,all am asking is,wht is it?,hw 2 go abt it ie is it free like a blog?,hw do i set it up?,pls use simple terms,am jt trying 2 learn,thnks

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Profitable And Less-risky Business He Can Start With N2m In Lagos / Lalasticlala Make A Nigeria Group Proud Please! / We sell Baking Powder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.