Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,612 members, 7,888,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:15 PM

I Knew This Guy Was Alive Flexing Somewhere Causing Controversy Everywhere - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Knew This Guy Was Alive Flexing Somewhere Causing Controversy Everywhere (1200 Views)

Uche Jombo Flexing With Hubby In NYC / P'square And Flavour Flexing With 5 Sexy South African Girls / Peter Okoye & Wife Lola, Flexing With Friends On A Yacht - Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Knew This Guy Was Alive Flexing Somewhere Causing Controversy Everywhere by Ikechialex(m): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
Tupac At Coachella: Rapper Comes Alive Via Hologram To Join Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg On Stage (VIDEO) (UPDATED)

The Huffington Post | ⁠April 16, 2012 07:38:09

Well, that was uncomfortable. Despite supposedly having been dead for over 15 years, Tupac Shakur joined Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg on the main stage at Coachella late Sunday night.

An all-too-realistic hologram of the late rapper rolled through "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted" and other hits in the California desert. Even more unnervingly, he started his mini-set by shouting out "Coachella" by name.

UPDATE: He Has a Twitter Account:

So many digital haters. Only Tron can judge me.
— Hologram Tupac (@HologramTupac) April 16, 2012

Snoop and Dre were also joined by Eminem, who performed "I Need a Doctor" and "Forgot About Dre" with his mentor. He also ripped through "Till I Collapse." 50 Cent, Wiz Khalifa and newcomer Kendrick Lamar also made appearances, as the night proved to be a celebration of rap's heavy hitters, old-school classics and almost-old school hits ("In Da Club," anyone?).

Undoubtedly, however, it was Tupac's hologram who stole the show. Twitter was set ablaze by the performance, with musicians like Rihanna and Questlove expressing their amazement with the technology:

#TupacBACK #unbelievable #IWASTHERE #STORY4myGrandKidz
— Rihanna (@rihanna) April 16, 2012

That Pac Hologram haunted me in my sleep. Rest In Peace 2pac.......#OkIWill!!!!!!!!!!
— Questo of The Roots (@questlove) April 16, 2012

Take a look at the Tupac performance and let us know what you think in the comments. Would you pay money to see an all-hologram Tupac concert?

WATCH: Tupac Hologram at Coachella

Stars & Fans React to Tupac's Hologram on Twitte

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna And Chris Brown Are No Longer Twitter Friends / Michelle Obama Vs Beyonce / D'prince Bald Head And New Tatoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.