Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,334 members, 7,943,828 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (200827 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
More Healthy Eating and Low Carb Eating for Health, Weight Maintenance and/or Weight Loss with Nigerian foods below:

You can eat Yam and Potatoes but just do portion control on them and don't eat regularly. They are good carbs.

Rice, go for Brown Rice (Ofada Rice) or the local rice instead of the regular
processed foreign ones. You can also eat Basmati Rice instead but in moderation.
Things you can use and cook as rice that are low carb and healthy are Quinoa (Acha
by Northerners), Bulgur Wheat.

Swallow: Unripe Plantain Flour, Oatmeal Flour, Potato Flour.
Breakfast & Vegetables: Drink Quaker oats without Sugar or use the Oats to make
healthy Oatmeal Pancake. You can also make Fritata ( Mr Biggs Tasty Fiesta) in a
healthy way.

Eat Eggs, Fish and Meat. They're healthy and low carb too. Also eat Vegetables
they're low carb as well. Pepper soup is also very good but mind the pepper sha.
Beans in moderation though. You can use to make Moi Moi but reduce the oil,
Pankara - Akara made without Oil without Oil which tastes as good as the regular
akara.

Stews and Soups - Instead of using palm oil, use tomatoes and peppers to colour
and sweeten. You can do this perfectly for Okra Soup, Ewedu Soup, All Vegetables
Soup. I know someone who uses in all soups but I've only listed the ones I've tried. For your stew, use very little oil.

Fruits : Apples, Pear, Grapes, Paw Paw,Oranges but all in moderation because they
contain fructose which at the end of the day is sugar and carbs.

You can go to www.9jafoodie.com for healthy ways of cooking 9ja foods. The lady
who owns the blog has used healthy cooking to lose weight and her before and
after picture is on the blog too.

You can also visit www.africanweightloss.com for healthy cooking recipes of 9ja
foods for those trying to eat healthy and/or lose weight. I've posted 3 Week Sample
Menus from africanweightloss on the Weight Gain/Weight loss TTC Thread. They
have a forum where people interact just like here on Nairaland.

Hoping that this helps someone someday.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Fvine:

Dear Sis, you're very wrong about Lemon at least. Lemon and Lime are acidic but turn alkaline when they get into the body. An Alkaline body is good for optimal health. As for TTC, Lime is very controversial so I tell people ttc to stay away from it. Lemon can actually help you get pregnant and also help in trying to conceive a Son. This is because it turns your body and CM alkaline which helps nourish the sperm, make it live as long as possible and great Motility for the Y Sperm. Our own very Mama on the ttc forum actually conceived using Lemon in Feb. If you want to use Lemon for TTC, all you need do is to add lemon juice to your drinking water. Even none ttc people are encouraged to take Lemon juice in warm water 1st thing in the morning for good health.

Lime is used and called a culprit in miscarriages because it has a very high content of Vit C and a high dose of Vit C causes abortion in most female, whether it's from Lime or from Vit C Tablets or syrup. Vit C is also used in pregnancy prevention by some people, it works sometimes but fails too. Some even insert Vit C into the Vagina few minutes before sex to make the CM and Cervix acidic. An acidic CM kills of sperm especially the Male Sperm and discourages movement. It is only the female sperm X that can live in a slightly acidic environment but that's if it's not way too acidic to kill it off.

If you read my previous posts on the past pages, you'll see that when I mentioned the Lemonade Diet / Lemon Cleanse / Master Cleanse whichever name you choose to call it. I discouraged TTC Mum's from doing it not just because of the high Lime Content but also the high Purging. If at all a TTC Mum wants to do it, then it's better done after period and many days before Ovulation. But to me there are better ways of losing weight but remember that this is a weight loss thread so all am doing is posting all the successful weight loss stuff I know. You can read up the Master Cleanse. The author Charles Burroughs used it for cure of several ailments like Ulcer, Piles etc. It's been around for ages but only got popular when Beyounce used it for weight loss to be able to act in the movie Dream Girls.

Your approach of Tape Measure is the best because you can weight high due to muscles and bones but be a good size in measurement. Another easy way is targeting a dress size. I understand that the average healthy dress size for females is 10/12. You can do your researches on all I've said. Don't take my word for it. When am interested in stuff, I don't condemn them rather I research and experiment if I can. All I post on this thread are things I have done myself and I usually include my source and support group where one can meet and interact with people on the same diet as he/she is.

Great that you're seeing the effects of the Egg Fast even without weighing. Honestly the advice is not to weigh until the 4th day morning if you're doing a 3 day Egg Fast or the 6th Day morning if you're doing a 5 days Egg Fast. The reason is that for some people their body doesn't recognise the weight then until they get what is called the "Whoosh" . But hey am a Scale Junkie but the good thing is, if I don't see a loss, rather than get depressed, it motivates me to continue and get the success others are getting

Looking forward to your weigh in tomorrow. Please remember to weigh and share your weight loss numbers with is.

Huh dat was long. Yes ma, Ok ma.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Orente21:
if i can b 60kg,i dnt mind cos i wasnt fat b4 dnt knw aw i got dis big. Am a teacher. My house is full of tenants,dnt knw d kind of exercise 2do dt dey wont laugh at me. My dh is a civil servant,so i cant register 4 gym wit current economy. Wat bmi?aw is it calculatd?
Sis ur story is similar 2 mine, I walk up n dwn our flight of stairs 40times every morning n I knw I hv 2 wake up by 5:45 or if late, I keep peeping around 2 mke sure no ones comin. Av bin caught few times sha bt I ignored dem. So av learnt 2 use my home as my personal gym, how? I start by eating smtin proteinous 2 aid fat breakdown smtimes js a piece of fish. I jug n do hand exercises in front of my mirror,pressup like 15, I do taekwando moves n box my pillow fixed 2 d window burglary (DH dey laff 4 ds one tire), run n pick in my parlour, den I put on soundcity chanel n dance my ass out, den I do cycling wt my hands wen standing n on my back wt my legs ds 4 my tummy, all ds in addition 2 my staircase exercise. By d time am tru, I am soaked 2 my pants wt sweat I can even squeeze my top n sweat pours out. Wit endurance n dedication, Its fun n u see results after js 2 days, js giv it a try n include portion control. Exercise is d best weightloss cos it touches every part of ur body especially ur heart which doesn't need overworking because of too much body weight.

3 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Orente21(f): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
chom4shizzle:

Sis ur story is similar 2 mine, I walk up n dwn our flight of stairs 40times every morning n I knw I hv 2 wake up by 5:45 or if late, I keep peeping around 2 mke sure no ones comin. Av bin caught few times sha bt I ignored dem. So av learnt 2 use my home as my personal gym, how? I start by eating smtin proteinous 2 aid fat breakdown smtimes js a piece of fish. I jug n do hand exercises in front of my mirror,pressup like 15, I do taekwando moves n box my pillow fixed 2 d window burglary (DH dey laff 4 ds one tire), run n pick in my parlour, den I put on soundcity chanel n dance my ass out, den I do cycling wt my hands wen standing n on my back wt my legs ds 4 my tummy, all ds in addition 2 my staircase exercise. By d time am tru, I am soaked 2 my pants wt sweat I can even squeeze my top n sweat pours out. Wit endurance n dedication, Its fun n u see results after js 2 days, js giv it a try n include portion control. Exercise is d best weightloss cos it touches every part of ur body especially ur heart which doesn't need overworking because of too much body weight.
lolz.tnx sister.i l try dis method.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2016
chom4shizzle:

Huh dat was long. Yes ma, Ok ma.
Sorry Sis for the long post am sure I was a Counselor or Teacher in my past life. Well done on your home exercise moves. Making do with what we have in every situation is very good. If we keep at this, getting ourselves to be better & healthier, we'll definitely achieve and get to our destination someday. Waiting for your weigh in this morning oh.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by simi4me(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2016
nice write up.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
Mornin everyone, so js finished my 2 cups of pineapple n watermelon smoothy, had 2 prepare buns 4 DH cos he luvs it n my eye js dey chook 2 collect one...which I finally gave in n collected 2!. D temptation was too much, abeg god of weightloss 4giv meee!

Bt all ds was after d tape measure and am glad 2 say d ministry moved well evn tho I wasn't as dedicated for d egg fast especially d first 2 days cos I was able 2 eat only 3 eggs dose days plus few carbs here n dere n I took mangoes d last 2 days. Bt I measured 2day n I had lost slightly above half (0.5)inches on 70 perc of my body den 1 inch at my upper tummy js below d tip of my boobs n 1 inch from my hips. My bust increased by 0.2 cos my boobs are on 2ww n I lost only 0.2 frm my leg( d yam area lol). So totaling everytin wil be a scale matter but am nt doing dt yet. I normally lose like 0.4 inches weekly bt if I can lose 1/2 inch in 4 days den it was worth it n it means in 1 month i will lose approx 2.8 inches which wil be highly welcom. Am glad I did this, thnks mummy fvine

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
chom4shizzle:
Mornin everyone, so js finished my 2 cups of pineapple n watermelon smoothy, had 2 prepare buns 4 DH cos he luvs it n my eye js dey chook 2 collect one...which I finally gave in n collected 2!. D temptation was too much, abeg god of weightloss 4giv meee!

Bt all ds was after d tape measure and am glad 2 say d ministry moved well evn tho I wasn't as dedicated for d egg fast especially d first 2 days cos I was able 2 eat only 3 eggs dose days plus few carbs here n dere n I took mangoes d last 2 days. Bt I measured 2day n I had lost slightly above half (0.5)inches on 70 perc of my body den 1 inch at my upper tummy js below d tip of my boobs n 1 inch from my hips. My bust increased by 0.2 cos my boobs are on 2ww n I lost only 0.2 frm my leg( d yam area lol). So totaling everytin wil be a scale matter but am nt doing dt yet. I normally lose like 0.4 inches weekly bt if I can lose 1/2 inch in 4 days den it was worth it n it means in 1 month i will lose approx 2.8 inches which wil be highly welcom. Am glad I did this, thnks mummy fvine
Glad you gave it a trail and it worked for you. As per the Buns and carbs here and there, we no go kill ourselves nah but I honestly run away from refined Sugar and Flour. I also try to stay away from high carbs. You're not alone on the imperfect Egg Fast, messed up yesterday by eating Dry Fish Peppersoup, garnished with ripe plantains, plenty tomatoes and onions, not forgetting the N500 Suya before the peppersoup. Went out with DH and on our way back he drove to a joint close to our house, said he didn't want to go home and sit down and wanted us to hang out. I was so hungry and grabbed Suya. When they brought the Peppersoup for him, longer throat no gree me so I still joined him in eating it. Weighed in this morning and lost only 0.1kg. Am currently at 77.5kg now. I didn't take tape measurement before starting so can't say the inches I lost.

To maintain your loss, continue on a low carb healthy eating and exercise. Smoothies are great too. Then you can always throw in an Egg Fast when you feel like it. That's what I kept on doing last year until I lost 14kg, moved from Dress Size 18 to Dress size 14.

Abeg my Sis and Egg Fast Buddy, run away from Mangoes as much as you can. Mangoes are fattening. Also go easy on Pineapple especially in your tww. We shall surely conquer being Overweight someday. Take care and continue to enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Today is Day 5 or perhaps Day 1 of my Egg Fast. I say perhaps Day 1 because I messed up big time yesterday evening which was Day 4./So DH and I went out and on our way back he branched into a joint close home. He said he didn't want to go home yet and just sit down, that we should rather hang out. Well I was hungry and the Carnivore in me grabbed N500 Suya. I refused to take any beverage drink. DH ordered for Dry Fish Peppersoup garnished with Ripe Plantain with plenty tomatoes and onions. I couldn't resist and therefore joined him in eating the Peppersoup.

Well I weighed in this morning and was surprised that I didn't gain. I actually lost 0.1kg which brings my weight to 77.5kg and a total loss of 2.1kg. Well I had to continue with the Egg Fast today because my goal is to move from 79.6kg to 77kg on or before Monday morning which means I still have 0.5kg to go. Hopefully weigh in tomorrow will be favorable and I'll be able to transition. If not tomorrow will be another Egg Fast day and I'll definitely transition tomorrow whether the goal is met or not.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
@Fvine Lol, God will help us dear, u js gave me an idea of wat 2 cook 2moro...dry fish sauce, am expecting visitors 2moro n I wan 2 be d perfect wife cheesy Surprised u were 94 kg n size 18 n I was 100kg n size 16 indeed bodies are different! Cud be I have more bone mass or lean muscle n u hv more lipid tissue. It is well.That's y I like using tape because on scale I stall bt d tape mkes me happy. Happy weekend dear.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
chom4shizzle:
@Fvine Lol, God will help us dear, u js gave me an idea of wat 2 cook 2moro...dry fish sauce, am expecting visitors 2moro n I wan 2 be d perfect wife cheesy Surprised u were 94 kg n size 18 n I was 100kg n size 16 indeed bodies are different! Cud be I have more bone mass or lean muscle n u hv more lipid tissue. It is well.That's y I like using tape because on scale I stall bt d tape mkes me happy. Happy weekend dear.
Yes oh! Enjoy your Sunday. Our bodies are truly different. It was more like a Size 17 because I could still wear most size 16 but some were tight. Could fit into some Size 18 but most were bogus so I could have been 17/16. I also love being comfortable in my clothes so i tend to wear free stuff. Weight doesn't really matter much but the body measurements. Keep keeping on. Am 5ft 7inches which is also a factor.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
My husband is starting the egg diet tomorrow

After hours of research online the cholesterol thing keeps coming up so to err on the side of caution I'm going to be thrashing the egg yolk in the eggs either boiled or fried

Will keep y'all posted on how many calories he is able to lose

Wish I could join but I'm breastfeeding
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 21, 2016
favoredgal:

After hours of research online the cholesterol thing keeps coming up so to err on the side of caution I'm going to be thrashing the egg yolk in the eggs either boiled or fried

I like dt ur hubby wants 2 try d egg fast, he doesnt hv problm, mine is having none of it. He bought d eggs bt still finds me ridiculous doing dis. U need not bother abt colesterol as I hv read dt d fast evn reduces it; I never checked my cholesterol level bt its true based on new research. Pls do keep us posted on his progress n giv baby a sweet hug n kiss for me. Gud luck 2 ur hubby.

3 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 10:22am On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks

So today is day 1 I gave him 6 eggs to take to work he will have it as brunch
4 had no yolk while 2 had their yolk

He is also working out as he works out Monday to Friday

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Where have this thread been all my life? Never knew it existed till I read about it in the TTC thread (thanks to fvine)
I am very arapkuru ie very big! embarassed
Pre pregnancy weight was 110kg
I gained 10kg during pregnancy bringing me to 120kg cry

I lost 20kg after delivery/ surgery/illness.

Now I've climbed up to 115kg angry

And I sooo want to lose me some of this weight!

Please mamas can I do the egg fast even as I breastfeed? (Though not exclusive)

And how best to take the eggs?( I don't like fried eggs)
How many to take per day?
And for how long?
Please help a sister!

I am too lazy to exercise embarassed I have a spinning bike stationed in my living room yet I don't use it.

Its dieting or nothing for me! Sorry for the long tory lipsrsealed
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
@Fvine, good afternoon and well done for d good job u are doing here. May God answer our prayer sooner dan we expect. I ve severe pcos,with irregular menses. I started watching my weight last year around May,was weighing 88kg wen I started, but I weight 63kg now. Was told to take vitex on TTC tread and I started Oct last year. Since then AF has been regular 30 days,but still no BFP. Wanted to add omega 369 but don't kw which brand to buy. Pls ma which brand will I buy and how much does it cost?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 10:47am On Mar 22, 2016
shat01:
@Fvine, good afternoon and well done for d good job u are doing here. May God answer our prayer sooner dan we expect. I ve severe pcos,with irregular menses. I started watching my weight last year around May,was weighing 88kg wen I started, but I weight 63kg now. Was told to take vitex on TTC tread and I started Oct last year. Since then AF has been regular 30 days,but still no BFP. Wanted to add omega 369 but don't kw which brand to buy. Pls ma which brand will I buy and how much does it cost?
Any brand is OK. just follow the dosage instruction on the bottle. Am glad you have a regular period now. Have you checked to be sure you ovulate? Have you done other testing for you and your DH to rule out other issues? if yes, then relax. It will happen soon by God's grace. You know the statistics is that it takes a healthy couple and average of 1 year to conceive but this shall not be your portion The cost range is from N2,500 to N3,500 depending on the pharmacy and location.

Congrats on your weight loss, you've done a very good job. Please share with us what you did to achieve your weight loss goal. It could help me or some one else. TIA.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2016
favoredgal:

Hi. That's great that your husband wants to try out the fast. I understand your gist on the cholesterol but I'll refrain from giving a lecture in it. The Egg yolk is the powerhouse in the Egg, that's where all the minerals and vitamins are, you'll be depriving your husband of proper nutrition while on the fast which is very bad. And also altering the fast recipe might also work against him and he wouldn't reap the full benefits. If he's going on a 5 day fast, 5 days will not suddenly make his cholesterol soooo high and make him have heart issues don't you think? Please go and sign up on the Facebook support page for interaction with people all over the world who are sharing their daily experiences on the fast. I don't want to convince you by myself. Kindly keep us posted. Pls let him do a before and after records.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:33am On Mar 22, 2016
favoredgal:
Thanks

So today is day 1 I gave him 6 eggs to take to work he will have it as brunch
4 had no yolk while 2 had their yolk

He is also working out as he works out Monday to Friday
Please don't starve him oh! 6 eggs is the minimum but there's no Maximum. My 1st Egg Fast, I ate 12 eggs Day 1 and Day 2 and then moved down to 8 Eggs from Day 3 when my hunger, cravings and appetite started going down, eventually by Day 6 or so, I could only take the minimum of 6 eggs.

Hope you remembered to match it with the Tablespoon of Fat which is either Real Butter, Mayonnaise, Olive Oil or Coconut Oil. Please let us know how his 1st day went. Well done for doing this for your DH.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2016
Chinwendym:
Where have this thread been all my life? Never knew it existed till I read about it in the TTC thread (thanks to fvine)
I am very arapkuru ie very big! embarassed
Pre pregnancy weight was 110kg
I gained 10kg during pregnancy bringing me to 120kg cry

I lost 20kg after delivery/ surgery/illness.

Now I've climbed up to 115kg angry

And I sooo want to lose me some of this weight!

Please mamas can I do the egg fast even as I breastfeed? (Though not exclusive)

And how best to take the eggs?( I don't like fried eggs)
How many to take per day?
And for how long?
Please help a sister!

I am too lazy to exercise embarassed I have a spinning bike stationed in my living room yet I don't use it.

Its dieting or nothing for me! Sorry for the long tory lipsrsealed
Lol. I was also a big girl last year April. Weighed in at 94kg. I used the Egg Fast and then Low Carb, High Fat on my resting days to crash down my weight. The Egg Fast really works and the people on the support group on Facebook are great.

Am also exercise lazy like you. I have a Stationary Air Bike, Mini Stepper, Tummy Slimming Massage Belt, Exercise Bench for Tummy Exercises, Dumb bells (Weights), Aerobic DVds etc Anyways am glad for the Egg Fast. On it you lose weight without exercise.

Yes you can go on the Egg Fast since you're not doing exclusive. The Full explanation of the Egg Fast is on Page 64. Read through and ask questions if you have any, I'll be glad to answer.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 11:50am On Mar 22, 2016
Fvine:

Please don't starve him oh! 6 eggs is the minimum but there's no Maximum. My 1st Egg Fast, I ate 12 eggs Day 1 and Day 2 and then moved down to 8 Eggs from Day 3 when my hunger, cravings and appetite started going down, eventually by Day 6 or so, I could only take the minimum of 6 eggs.

Hope you remembered to match it with the Tablespoon of Fat which is either Real Butter, Mayonnaise, Olive Oil or Coconut Oil. Please let us know how his 1st day went. Well done for doing this for your DH.

thank you. he took the 6 eggs to work and had another 3 when he got home

Same as today, he has taken 6 to work as well

he was able to exercise for an hour yesterday morning and also this morning

I used a table spoon of olive oil

Hopefully this helps him break his plateau
will keep the house posted
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Fvine:

Hi. That's great that your husband wants to try out the fast. I understand your gist on the cholesterol but I'll refrain from giving a lecture in it. The Egg yolk is the powerhouse in the Egg, that's where all the minerals and vitamins are, you'll be depriving your husband of proper nutrition while on the fast which is very bad. And also altering the fast recipe might also work against him and he wouldn't reap the full benefits. If he's going on a 5 day fast, 5 days will not suddenly make his cholesterol soooo high and make him have heart issues don't you think? Please go and sign up on the Facebook support page for interaction with people all over the world who are sharing their daily experiences on the fast. I don't want to convince you by myself. Kindly keep us posted. Pls let him do a before and after records.

i decided to go 50:50 so in making 6 eggs i kept 3 yolks

He currently weighs 105kg....he has hit a plateau since December hovering btw 104-107kg after coming down from 121kg

his goal is to go bellow 100kg and he exercises 4 times a week
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks Fvine will read back.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
favoredgal:

thank you. he took the 6 eggs to work and had another 3 when he got home

Same as today, he has taken 6 to work as well

he was able to exercise for an hour yesterday morning and also this morning

I used a table spoon of olive oil

Hopefully this helps him break his plateau
will keep the house posted
Ok it should be a 1 tablespoon for one egg. I still feel you should let him have the whole eggs so that he reaps full benefits. You could just be suffering and short changing him. Anyways it's up to you. Kudos to him. He's trying wella.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
So proud of the hubby
We went for a colleague of his send forth today at an upscale restaurant

He don't eat or drink anything while I smacked on a very delicious platter of snails, prawns and chicken wing with a very nice cocktail

Now that's willpower
Just made his 6 eggs dinner. In out of a whole crate already

When this is over doubt I will look at egg the same way again
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 23, 2016
@Fvine if na me get all dose ur exercise equipment, chai...dey wud be begging me by now 2 stop tormenting dem. Lol.

@Favouredgal, ur DH isn't too fat sef for a man. I'l suggest he focuses his workouts on getting dose tight, sexy pacs thru lots of weightlifting n aerobics, he will still loose d weight by building up lean muscle inplace of fat (u will loooove). He's on d ryt track bt like Fvine sed, please feed him dem yolks because dey contain Choline wich is d main component for weightloss in ds egg fast. Choline is also found as one of d main ingredients in most weightloss drugs.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by henmaris: 1:04am On Mar 23, 2016
Ladies I'm here oh, not giving any update bc I've not weigh myself since Saturday I started portion control at 88kg. Just went egg/butter/cheese /coconut oil shopping today in preparation to begin the Egg Fast Diet on Thursday afternoon.
@Fvine will give a full details of my weight, height and BMI then so I can be giving accounts on my progress accurately. I know uve started work again and may be kind of busy but pls follow me up so I can stay on it, wanna do a 5 day fast min but may go up to 7days fast at a time. Pray we all attain our desired weight soon.
#bye bye to 10kg minimum by june#
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 6:08am On Mar 23, 2016
He weighed himself this morning and has lost 2kg in two days but he said he can't continue after today cuz he is irritated by the eggs already

So by tomorrow we will transition into steamed ugwu and meat for two days then see where that takes us to by the weekend

@chom4shizzle he does weight lifting and aerobics as part of his daily weekday routine. I fed him half yolk
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 6:55am On Mar 23, 2016
favoredgal:
So proud of the hubby
We went for a colleague of his send forth today at an upscale restaurant

He don't eat or drink anything while I smacked on a very delicious platter of snails, prawns and chicken wing with a very nice cocktail

Now that's willpower
Just made his 6 eggs dinner. In out of a whole crate already

When this is over doubt I will look at egg the same way again
Wow on the will power, but weight loss generally needs will power. But you sef na small winch oh! grin how can you be eating such beside him, am even salivating already imagining all you described. That's really twempting. Diariz God oh! Abeg my twale and greetings to your hubby. Tell am say I dey hail oh! Encouraging him to continue on his journey to a healthier him. It's not easy but once he gets there, he'll be so happy and very proud of himself.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:02am On Mar 23, 2016
chom4shizzle:
@Fvine if na me get all dose ur exercise equipment, chai...dey wud be begging me by now 2 stop tormenting dem. Lol.

@Favouredgal, ur DH isn't too fat sef for a man. I'l suggest he focuses his workouts on getting dose tight, sexy pacs thru lots of weightlifting n aerobics, he will still loose d weight by building up lean muscle inplace of fat (u will loooove). He's on d ryt track bt like Fvine sed, please feed him dem yolks because dey contain Choline wich is d main component for weightloss in ds egg fast. Choline is also found as one of d main ingredients in most weightloss drugs.
Lol. Na same thing I think before hubby bought all those equipments. But by the time I got them, after a few weeks I dumped them. The only thing I can manage to use once in a while is the Aerobic DVDs and the Mini Stepper but since I discovered the Egg Fast, and lost weight on it without exercising, I no dey bother myself with exercise again. Once am done with fat loss to some point, I might start up exercise for body sculpting if I find it necessary.

@ favoredgirl DH needs the weight loss oh. No one should be weighing 100kg + except you're about 7ft tall. My hubby is 6ft tall, weighs 90 + and still overweight by BMI at least not to talk of body fat on his tummy. He's not for dieting but portion control and exercising. So he runs, lifts weight and rides his bicycle to a far distance although he's had to limit/stop the bicycle riding because of ttc things.

You're very right on the Eggs and Choline.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:06am On Mar 23, 2016
henmaris:
Ladies I'm here oh, not giving any update bc I've not weigh myself since Saturday I started portion control at 88kg. Just went egg/butter/cheese /coconut oil shopping today in preparation to begin the Egg Fast Diet on Thursday afternoon.
@Fvine will give a full details of my weight, height and BMI then so I can be giving accounts on my progress accurately. I know uve started work again and may be kind of busy but pls follow me up so I can stay on it, wanna do a 5 day fast min but may go up to 7days fast at a time. Pray we all attain our desired weight soon.
#bye bye to 10kg minimum by june#
Well done, you've taking the 1st step by putting together your ingredients. I'll suggest you ditch the cheese. Cheese stops some people from losing weight on the Egg Fast and in general. Or it can just minimize the weight you lose. If you want something different to keep you sane, go for Calorie Free Soda and Sugar Free Gum.

Yes am back to work but still drop in several times daily but just not as much as before. Am here for you, just let me know once you start so that I can Egg you on. May you lose Eggcellently. Am planning on an Egg Fast by next week Tuesday. I would've started Monday but have a sendforth lunch but am just keeping to zero carb which is all edibles from the animal kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2016
favoredgal:
He weighed himself this morning and has lost 2kg in two days but he said he can't continue after today cuz he is irritated by the eggs already

So by tomorrow we will transition into steamed ugwu and meat for two days then see where that takes us to by the weekend

@chom4shizzle he does weight lifting and aerobics as part of his daily weekday routine. I fed him half yolk
His weight loss is Eggcellent! He'll sure lose more on the Meat and Ugu Vegetables. You can vary his meals by cooking his meat as Peppersoup, also adding Titus Fish and "Green" Vegetables (Spinach) very yummy. It's also low calorie too. Just boil the Fish and add to the Vegetables while steaming. I do get him on being tired of eggs. I also get tired too, the only thing that keeps me is looking at my end goal and preparing the Eggs in a different way. My 3rd Egg fast last year, I could only eat eggs by adding them to my Coffee and that's what I did all through. At least he has experienced it and can always employ the Egg Fast if and when needed. Well done too, you're doing great by being his pillar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.