Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,296 members, 7,887,883 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:41 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10861207 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10271) (10272) (10273) (10274) (10275) (10276) (10277) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nikiballer:

If you think election grin in nigeria is the only way to shame the government of their bad governance, ineptitude, corruption,extra judicial killings, impoverishing the masses then you are shame to your children and grandchildren unborn..Lebanon,Thailand and Belarus have been protesting for months,they should have waited for election time

When your grandchildren come of age and they are still shouting UP NEPA,they are harassed,profiled and brutalized by soldiers and police,lose 2years due to ASUU strike tell them the role you played in this

YEYE DEY SMELL,APC CLOWNS!!!!.

Peaceful Protest is the right of every citizen (At least in a democracy). I don’t think I have said anyone shouldn’t protest.

Protesting is a strategy to get the government attention, what happens after that?

There are 2 ways to remove an elected executive from power, it is either through the ballot or through impeachment. The other option “resigning” is at the discretion of the politician. Protest from now till next year, a politician that doesn’t want to resign won’t resign.

There are 2 ways also to remove an elected lawmaker, either through the ballot or the recall process. It’s important to note that even after the recall process, you still have to vote for another representatives.

If I have to start telling you the process of how things are done in a democracy, I’m sorry we shouldn’t even be having this discussion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
How did those peaceful protesters at lekki toll gate tackled Federal government
You're heartless,but I'm not surprised like femi your elder brother you don sell your conscience for pot of porridge.

You are just a toddler in an adult baby.

Go back to school and ask for refund from whichever glorified primary school you graduated from.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2020
Segedinho:

You can't tell that to someone who is dying n have looting as the best way to live.

No body here is justifying looting....But when you fail ur followers and push them to the extreme.then it becomes a hunger game.

A fight to survive....

If we all choose the way of thuggery...no body including the gov would actually be alive.

Do u know SARS are still working till today?

You have seen SARS working?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
Android17:

Just like that day and today, I was interacting with intelligent people, not you. I mistook you for one but after your reply, you confirmed my suspicions. If you noticed, the person I interacted with agreed with me so there was no need to beat a dead horse. That is why this your maldiniesque response will only pull wool over the eyes of other foolish people. You cannot wake someone up who is pretending to be asleep.

Look at this slowpoke who thinks people just wake up one morning and decide to claim someone else's dead son as theirs talking about intelligence grin

Weyrey detective Fashlock Holmes say " you confirmed my suspicions. I can imagine u presently wearing a face mask, pacing around your room with hands behind your back thinking of how to reply. Alagba rest and keep the rest of Ur stupidity to urself, from day one I've shown you I'm buying none of it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
larride:

You have seen SARS working?
Yup in Benin

But not extorting,was packed on their normal bus with their vests but this time"sars wasnt inscripted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
larride:

I don’t know about other states but what you just said here is what Lagos State did when they were sharing their palliative though it didn’t go wrong and some did actually truly hoard the palliative.

Lagos State also made use of LCDA and LASSRA number. I’m sure of this because I know quite a number of people that got through LASSRA.

The items that were looted from that mazamaza warehouse were belong to Cacovid who are mostly private individuals and companies.

The same way you didn’t go join other to loot even though you didn’t have enough is the same way everyone that hide under the crisis or disguise of hunger to loot must be condemned. Giving excuses on their behalf is only going to embolden them the more. It’s important to note that they didn’t just loot food items, they loot more than that. This is not about hunger, it’s wickedness.
Lolz...u missed d right address here,,,abeg take it and deliver it to d government,, they are d actual people to see it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
Segedinho:

Yup in Benin

But not extorting,was packed on their normal bus with their vests but this time"sars wasnt inscripted

So you saw police inside bus and automatically assume they are Sars? I don’t understand.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
MorataFC:
I pray he doesn't experience such.
( Eni to Kan, lomo)
meaning; 'Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches'

I've said it before and I'm saying it again, only those who have nothing to protect that will encourage or support the looting and destroying of multi million property.
Prayers works only with works in progress

Do u know that if this hunger increases more..your life is in danger not from lack of food but from someone who have activated the "hunger game"mode

Looting is extremely bad but inevitable when things turns very difficult.

Let's address the cause instead of "always critical" about the perpetrators.

Your house of thieves are receiving mamoth pays while the people are extremely poor and having issue.

Despite the pays,they are stealing the palliatives for the vulnerables and so called hungry thugs;yet the are calling them names like drugs addicts

Whereas,people want to live..just be alive.

Death from bullets are painless compare to ruptured intestines due to hungry.

Thieves are inevitable in any country but the gov tends to reduce it by providing a better way not stealing from these sets as well..

I dont think any one here supports looting but the rudiments and the cause

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
macjireh:

Lolz...u missed d right address here,,,abeg take it and deliver it to d government,, they are d actual people to see it

Both government and its officials(those that hoarded palliatives) and those that looted private businesses, homes and government institutions are all in the same WhatsApp group of wickedness on this particular issue.

One doesn’t justify the other.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
larride:

So you saw police inside bus and automatically assume they are Sars? I don’t understand.
Baba;there is one tin about me u must know and that is i don't fix in tins just to sound smart or score a point

I know SARS operatives very well and i can tell u their modes of dressings.

Police don't keep mini-dreads and beards as well...

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lmao....Nigeria grin,the more you see,the less you understand

But it was the PROTESTERS that was burning everywhere in Lagos....

Ahhh,if truly "God" or eternity exist which I don't believe,this peaceful protesters head should fight for them and those of you who have supported the govt

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
larride:

Both government and its officials(those that hoarded palliatives) and those that looted private businesses, homes and government institutions are all in the same WhatsApp group of wickedness on this particular issue.

One doesn’t justify the other.
government should always learn to do d right tin...there was no case of looting in US and Canada after d lockdown

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
For my fellow Chelsea fans

Check who is back?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Check who is back?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Check who is back?

Gilmour jay jay okocha undecided,what a baller cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Look at this slowpoke who thinks people just wake up one morning and decide to claim someone else's dead son as theirs talking about intelligence grin

Weyrey detective Fashlock Holmes say " you confirmed my suspicions. I can imagine u presently wearing a face mask, pacing around your room with hands behind your back thinking of how to reply. Alagba rest and keep the rest of Ur stupidity to urself, from day one I've shown you I'm buying none of it.

My duty is to keep receipts. Yours is to make the brainless posts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nikiballer:

Gilmour jay jay okocha undecided,what a baller cheesy grin
Sharp sharp Werner don collect nutmeg

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
izzou:

Well, you may be right. But from what I watched, Desmond said the following

1) He called the Hoodlums that looted people's stores children. And to me, they are worse. The damage done by these youths is massive. Do you know what it means to loot a jewelry store, or phone and gadget store to the ground? How is that person supposed to recover from that?

2) He talked about social influencers and the damage the SM is causing. He did not ask for it to be regulated. He said that something should be done about it. We cannot deny the fact that there are cons of the SM. Imagine the fake stories of deaths we saw here. Nobody confirms anything. Once it comes from a popular person, it starts to circulate as the truth

3) He talked about changing Nigeria for the better through the elections. How many influencers are spending time to educate the people on getting their PVCs? How many are trying to make efforts to ensure that the uneducated in the society know the dangers of selling their vote in 2023

Bros, the protest did send a strong message to the government, but it went about the wrong way. There was no plan, and there was no leader.

Instead of every musician and influencer passing his own message on SM, they can team up and support a clear cut plan. We cannot be fighting for a better Nigeria, and still be fighting for those that are spoiling it

There are no government buses currently working, for fear of being attacked. Roads are blocked because policemen are scared of being attacked.

Like I said, maybe I didn't understand him clearly, but I haven't found any reason to see him get roasted

He wasn't referring to looters as children, he was referring to youths that were commenting on the speakers post.

The reason he was rightly bashed is because he left more important matters and started discussing stupid issues like "Children" laying curses, respect and culture.
Then when he talked about Social media, he didn't need to say much, but he had already planted the seed. After he spoke, about 3 other reps thanked him for talking about social media and went ahead to say it should be controlled.

People are angry because he didn't talk about The Lekki shooting, instead, he was shouting Celebrities Celebrities Celebrities, like it was them that ordered the shooting. He did not talk about the thugs that were hired... He only said things that will appeal to his masters.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FakeNEWSevryday: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
Fake News every day

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
homesteady:

He wasn't referring to looters as children, he was referring to youths that were commenting on the speakers post.

The reason he was rightly bashed is because he left more important matters and started discussing stupid issues like "Children" laying curses, respect and culture.
Then when he talked about Social media, he didn't need to say much, but he had already planted the seed. After he spoke, about 3 other reps thanked him for talking about social media and went ahead to say it should be controlled.

People are angry because he didn't talk about The Lekki shooting, instead, he was shouting Celebrities Celebrities Celebrities, like it was them that ordered the shooting. He did not talk about the thugs that were hired... He only said things that will appeal to his masters.

Okay bro. Let's not let this thread become longer than it is

It was just my opinion. Desmond made sense to me, and I didn't see the need to bash him

Government buses aren't working for now. People are suffering to go from Ikorodu to TBS at exorbitant prices because the fleet has been depleted

There is traffic everywhere in Lagos. Policemen are scared to resume duties because they are scared of being attacked.

Businesses were looted beyond redemption. Private properties were damaged.

But then, if not calling the hoodlums wicked would make us feel fine, it's fine then

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
izzou:

Okay bro. Let's not let this thread become longer than it is

It was just my opinion. Desmond made sense to me, and I didn't see the need to bash him

Government buses aren't working for now. People are suffering to go from Ikorodu to TBS at exorbitant prices because the fleet has been depleted

There is traffic everywhere in Lagos. Policemen are scared to resume duties because they are scared of being attacked.

Businesses were looted beyond redemption. Private properties were damaged.

But then, if not calling the hoodlums wicked would make us feel fine, it's fine then
This is on who?
A) the insensitive gov

B)Hungry men who discovered stolen palliatives

C)#ENDSARS protesters

D)The hired thugs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
I've been trying not to get drawn into this ongoing discussion, but well I couldn't resist. As regards the lootings, wanton destructions and other social vices that became fallout of the lekki shootings, here are my own personal opinion:

1. While it is factually true that pocket of violence started even before the lekki shootings ( like the alleged prison break in Benin and the burning of orile police station), it is important to state that these destructions could've been curtailed if we had a proactive government. It was alleged the police in Orile shot at one of the protesters who unfortunately has a link with the NURTW guys who have been known to be responsible for violence in Lagos over the years.

2. One would've thought a proactive government would've investigated this matter and immediately announce efforts are being put in place to fish out the alleged killer cop and also bring the arsonist who set the police station ablaze. The conspiracy of silence that has characterized this goverment did not help matters as it only sends out a message to the people that anybody can do anything they want and get away with it.The government of the day cares less.

3. Now the government could've deployed the military to the streets of Benin, orile, Ajeromi ìfẹ́lodun and other areas where there were pockets of violence prior to the lekki shooting; the government decided against this, rather they gaffed and thought in their infinite wisdom that once they use every means possible to disperse the more organized protesters at Lekki toll gate, normalcy will return to the entire nation because the lekki and alausa protesters are the model which every other protest in other parts of the country gather morale from.

4. We all know how the use of force on the protesters at the toll gate turned out, I won't dwell much on that but move on straight to the violence, looting and destruction that followed afterwards.

5. In all sincerity u can't rule out the fact that some of the looters were once protesters a day or two before, neither can u rule it out that some of the protesters organized hoodlums to teach some of the powers that be lessons ( at least some of the TVC staff on ground when it was burned down attested to the fact that those who came for TVC spoke fluent English and they sounded it loud and clear " We are not hear to kill, we are just here to destroy " )

I am not in any way supporting the violence that has caused more harm than good, but one needs to understand the anger that would be raging in those guy's mind against the person of Tinubu when they think about how the cameras at the toll were allegedly taken out, the power to billboard that is controlled by his son was switched off and how Tinubu himself had called for them to leave the toll gate a few days earlier. All these thoughts alone are enough to spark a civil war even without social media in place to amplify things.

6. Now talking about the lootings and destructions in various parts of Nigeria particularly Lagos, I saw it and I cringed at how humanity has been taken away from people and replaced with a desire to destroy. My office building was also affected, a lot of businesses were affected, computer systems carted away, people's sweat wiped out and all these is on the Lagos state government led by Babajide Sanwoolu.

7. Sanwoolu was complicit in declaring a curfew that led to the leeki shootings, he was majorly at fault to also have declared a curfew that mandated people to stay in their homes while their businesses were left unattended to. As at the time Sanwoolu declared curfew, he had a police force that were trying to pull off their uniforms and mingle with the crowd, he had soldiers whose primary duty was to attack peaceful protesters and deny they were there. Sanwoolu was a governor with no responsive security apparatus under his control.

He set in motion a chain of events that has spiraled into a monster he couldn't handle even if he wanted to.

8. Have u ever wondered why sanwoolu has refused to take responsibility for the shooting even when everybody including the army that carried out the shooting are pointing at him? It's simple ; he knows immediately he does lawsuits will start flying in from various business owners and property owners that have lost millions following the government's action. I've seen people ignorantly claiming insurance will pay for those who have their properties insured, but they fail to understand that loss as a result of Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion are general exclusions on insurance. Why? Because loss as a result of such actions are classified as fundamental Risks which affect a large population and if insurance companies try to settle majority of such claims they will be overwhelmed and go under.

9. I watched a CCTV footage of one of the looted premises and I saw women with babies on their backs, young men who don't look like touts also joining in the looting. This points out that Nigerians have come to accept crime as a means to survive and don't care whose Ox is gored having being impoverished for so long that they've lost all forms of Humanity and wouldn't care if someone else's means of livelihood is wiped out in their quest to getting something to put in their belly. I will blame everyone that has been in government since independence for this, the politicians that have weaponsied poverty, that have constantly make it a duty to commission projects like public toilet, cutting ribbon over a wooden bridge across a canal and the Ediots that make people show their PVC and who they are voting for at the polling unit and get money for it.

10. Lastly, I think we should do our best as individuals to re-orientate the the people round us that violence does nobody no good. Yes we can always embarrass our local politicians by booing them, by commissioning the bad roads in our community in their behalf and other forms of sending messages to them. As for Ediots like Desomd and his ilks we can always show their double faced nature to the world by dragging them online and going as far and doing a blast from the past for them. Let's shun violence like the lekki protesters did till the evil government machinery hijacked it all.

Those in government on the other hand should be having sleepless night by now thinking of how to reduce the level of poverty in the land because I'd they don't, there's no amount of orientation we can pass on to people who are angry and hungry, such level of destruction and looting borne out of anger about the system will still occur in the future if care is not taken.

Just my 2 cents

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
Segedinho:

This is on who?
A) the insensitive gov

C)#ENDSARS protesters

D)The hired thugs

You can put the blame however you want it bro

I didn't enter the conversation to justify wickedness
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FakeNEWSevryday: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
Segedinho:

This is on who?
A) the insensitive gov

C)#ENDSARS protesters

D) The hired thugs

if you believe it was hired thugs that did all what happens in Lagos then...

I know many people like you believe in fake news.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
izzou:

You can put the blame however you want it bro

I didn't enter the conversation to justify wickedness
I just ask a simple question with multiple options

No b quarrel na.

Talking abt wickedness...how do u define wickedness
And who is more wicked bw d gov and the hungry masses

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
FakeNEWSevryday:
if you believe it was hired thugs that did all what happens in Lagos then...

I know many people like you believe in fake news.
is D #ur answer cos ur confusion is confusing me...

I just asked a question with options .

Talking abt fake news,dont you think all news are fake until verified and acknowledged?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
Here is another Naija guy, correct Jand guy like Ibime claiming bodies were being thrown into the truck by soldiers

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG-AdXsgHQQ/?igshid=fnt4nr55v0fw
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
This is exactly how some of these FG/Sanwoolu apologists will mess up if u put a camera to their faces with all their theories flying here and there grin

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG9_zYAFo3g/?igshid=1mqpndth28qin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Mc oluomo dey inspect burnt police station.....Werey lo poju ninu awon bmc guys grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2020
https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1322079969397399552?s=19

You can see these clowns shamelessly lying to the world. And people were on this thread asking why people were still protesting when this Government has shown that all it does is lie. When people insist on being intentionally dishonest because of personal interest or convenience it's no surprise Nigeria is the way it is

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:35pm On Oct 30, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Here is another Naija guy, correct Jand guy like Ibime claiming bodies were being thrown into the truck by soldiers

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG-AdXsgHQQ/?igshid=fnt4nr55v0fw
Lool abeg leave people to believe wetin dem wan believe. Nigerian Army will go somewhere just to shoot in the air
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
homesteady:

Na crazeman. Who be him children. His children are in Canada. He's barely 46 calling people children

(1) (2) (3) ... (10271) (10272) (10273) (10274) (10275) (10276) (10277) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.