Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,708 members, 7,914,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:40 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10995875 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10313) (10314) (10315) (10316) (10317) (10318) (10319) ... (19739) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Liposure: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
Greatihex:
no. Lampard hurriedly making decisions like someone who is under pressure. Just because your penalty taker missed 2 pk you have already changed him. He has changed from Barkley to Jorginho, and now werner. Tomorrow if werner miss two, he will start listening to some fans or media people calling for him to be changed. That is how he used to keep changing his first 11 at the slightest off form of a player.
i don't see need in assigning PK duties to one player. Any player can convert a spotkick

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2020
Melvyn11:

Are defenders not taking penalties so why can't a Dmf? Lampard and his strikers who needed the goals more? Did you campaign for lampard to give those awoof penalties to his strikers?

Hazard was taking them and we didn't complain. Didn't Costa need those penalties more than him?

Is hazard a better goal scorer than Lampard?

It is just what it is - the coach's choice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Liposure: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
hensben:
It was comic. It means the coach failed to instill discipline into the players.
these are professionals they should know what to do. Leave coach out of this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Melvyn11:

Did you ever campaign for lampard to stop taking penalties ahead his strikers?

Drogba was a known penalty misser and was not in contention for golden boot in his early years while Lampard had a stellar record. Werner is a known penalty taker with stellar record for Leipzig while Jorginho has missed two in a row and is a DM. Big difference. Lampard goals also add to his confidence as a goalscoring midfielder while work of a DM is not judged on goals. You have a new striker signing and a DM who is largely unwanted. Who is more important to give confidence to?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
swiz123:

Hazard was taking them and we didn't complain. Didn't Costa need those penalties more than him?

Is hazard a better goal scorer than Lampard?

It is just what it is - the coach's choice.
Hensben where are you?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by StarchAndBanga: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
Greatihex:
was he the person that gave himself the penalty duty in the first place? Did Lampard not know earlier that it would be good for his striker to be taking penalties, and that he is good at it?

Were you not the same people that defended Jorginho not being generous to Abraham the other day just because it was his duty to take pk?

Abraham won the PK, Chelsea were already two or three goals up. Werner wanted to take the PK, Abraham also wanted to take it (Abraham collected the ball immediately Immediately the pen was awarded). Azpi stepped in (as captain), took the ball from Abraham and gave it to Jorg. If Azpi had not stepped in, it would have been a field day for the English media as u would see different headlines regarding that incident..

So were is ur "Jorginho was not generous to Abraham" statement coming from?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
Liposure:
these are professionals they should know what to do. Leave coach out of this
Its not about been professional, why do you think most coaches are always in touch line instructing the players if it doesn’t matter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
timbros:

Yes.

Man United have a corner and all the players went to score leaving their nyash open grin
Na wa. CDM and the full backs are supposed to stay back during corner kick.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
StarchAndBanga:

Abraham won the PK, Chelsea were already two or three goals up. Werner wanted to take the PK, Abraham also wanted to take it (Abraham collected the ball immediately Immediately the pen was awarded). Azpi stepped in (as captain), took the ball from Abraham and gave it to Jorg. If Azpi had not stepped in, it would have been a field day for the English media as u would see different headlines regarding that incident..

So were is ur "Jorginho was not generous to Abraham" statement coming from?

This hypocrite couldn't walk his spanish compatriot (Kepa Arinzebalaglass) off the field as the captain when he was asked to be substituted against Man city in the carabao cup final.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
hensben:
Na wa. CDM and the full backs are supposed to stay back during corner kick.

As at that moment, their formation was 0-1-9 grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
Segedinho:

Add assists

Add mins/goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2020
Elnino4ladies:
Why is Lampard called "Fat Frank"?? He is not fat FFS

Are you sure he is not?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
timbros:

I see you guys in your thread blaming Ole upandan but let's critically look at this two goals. Is Ole responsible for this scatter scatter setup? I'm sure in the training sessions, there is a particular way a coach sets up his team to attack a corner kick or defend it. And I'm sure what I see in those images isn't Ole's setup. So who is to blame? The players or the coach? Even the second goal, look at how 3 defenders are marking themselves. Look at the space the 2 opponents have. Just look at the space... Is it Ole's fault that those 3 defenders mark themselves?

Generally, a coach's formation/tactics is very important in winning matches. And personnel too. But there are basics of football that you will expect players, professionals, not to wait for coach to tell them during a match.

Those 2 goals, for me, fall squarely on the shoulders of the players.

It is hard to determine how much Ole’s training and instructions contributed to the goals but the fact that our relatively quick full backs were near their corner flag and while our slow DM was the man back while we had a corner suggests the coach had something to do with it.

Spacing at set pieces usually goes according to what has been worked on in training.

The other goal was just a sequence of errors by the players starting with Bruno and Mata.

However we are not blaming Amaka for the goals specifically but for the performances in general.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
seankafor:
see question?
Have you been watching back of TV lately? undecided
yes na, my TV has dual view tongue shows front and back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

It is hard to determine how much Ole’s training and instructions contributed to the goals but the fact that our relatively quick full backs were near their corner flag and while our slow DM was the man back while we had a corner suggests the coach had something to do with it.

Spacing at set pieces usually goes according to what has been worked on in training.

The other goal was just a sequence of errors by the players starting with Bruno and Mata.

However we are not blaming Amaka for the goals specifically but for the performances in general.

Your last paragraph summarises everything.

However I have to point out that having your DM as a last man when your team is playing a corner kick is pretty normal. We do that with Kante, Makelele etc...

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
timbros:

grin grin grin

Saying I am shocked is an understatement.

Look at the defenders...
my own is why didn't they defend corner like this when they played Chelsea undecided the should have practiced the technique like four times against is first before carrying to a UCL match cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlueMann:

As if that wasn't bad enough, they tried to outdo themselves with some Zebra defending grin grin

I just can't grin
ROTFL, if person no watch that match, e no understand how three of them ended up in the same position cheesy

Kudos to Istanbul players for spotting those spaces for both goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlueMann:
Me I can't really blame Solskjaer's for that stuff sha...cos I don't know how a manager will instruct his players to converge in the opposition penalty area to hold town hall meeting in the 12th minute of the game grin

And Maguire as a leader is Zero to me. Not it at all.
the blame isn't just about the goals conceded but the way the game was played and united's inability to comeback into the game. There are games teams lose and person go talk say na bad luck, but Istanbul ball them die
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
timbros:

However I have to point out that having your DM as a last man when your team is playing a corner kick is pretty normal. We do that with Kante, Makelele etc...

I said SLOW DM.

Those are dwarf DMs that are not helpful in set pieces but have decent pace to cover up for a counter. Our DM was our tallest and slowest player meaning he would have been useful in the set piece and is too slow and useless to block counters.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
Greatihex:
you don't get me. The constant change in decision is where my problem is, not who is taking it.

BTW, Lampard was taking the penalty during his days and yet he wasn't the striker, heaven did not fall. Werner will score goals whether penalty or not.

The manager should be careful not to create animosity in the dressing room with all these quick decisions. He should calm down, nobody is sacking him yet.
all this because Lampard said before the game that werner could take the PKs. Na wa o

Corner kick takers have changed no one talk. Free kick takers changed, who noticed

If Lampard had left Jorginho taking it, it would be Lampard doesn't change things. Maybe Jorginho returns back to taking the PKs, God knows what una go talk.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlueMann:
Una dey overflog this penalty issue o undecided
as in eh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

It's funny how no one spotted Maguire's ridiculous challenge on Ba that made it seem like he was in a hurry to join his fellow Zebra brothers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timay(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
timbros:

Not when the said DM is slow as f*k. Moreso, the last man doesn't necessarily have to be a DM. Most teams use a fast player as last man. That is why you see some teams leave one of their full backs behind because they are faster.

In previous games, Wan bissaka is always the last man. Whatever Ole smoked that allowed Matic stayed back instead of AWB, I'll never know. To compound the problem, The F*cker Matic Didn't even stay on his man, and he was ball watching

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Nikiballer:

Add mins/goals
Is it Werner's fault he is benched
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
timbros:

However, I have to point out that having your DM as the last man when your team is playing a corner kick is pretty normal. We do that with Kante, Makelele, etc...

The tallest player on the field also one of the best with headers as the last man WHILE Shaw and Wan bissaka that are both useless in the air attacking our corner kick is a stupid decision...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2020
Expert17:

The tallest player on the field also one of the best with headers as the last man WHILE Shaw and Wan bissaka that are both useless in the air attacking our corner kick is a stupid decision...

Is Matic really one of your best headers? I dont recall him scoring a lot of headers though

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
Pulisic and Havertz not playing tomorrow

If Werner is to be rested

Jorginho Kante
Mount
Ziyech Abraham Odoi
4-2-3-1
or

Jorginho
Kante Kovacic
Ziyech Abraham Mount
4-3-3

Pick one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
raumdeuter:

Is Matic really one of your best headers? I dont recall him scoring a lot of headers though

He is 6ft 4 and probably the slowest player on the pitch. He should never be the one back defending a counter. Being good in the air is not just about scoring lots of headers but also about winning balls in the air and keeping the ball alive in the opponents box.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Jorginho Kante
Mount
Ziyech Abraham Odoi
4-2-3-1
or

Jorginho
Kante Kovacic
Ziyech Abraham Mount
4-3-3

Pick one

From the way Lampard spoke, I don't think Werner will be rested.

But if indeed he rests, I'll prefer CHO and HK on the wings. (In case of the 4-3-3).

We're likely to use 4-2-3-1 sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
raumdeuter:

He is still better than Tuanzebe, Shaw, AWB, VDB, Rashford, Martial, Mata and Bruno in the air......and he was the one left behind defending.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Jorginho Kante
Mount
Ziyech Abraham Odoi
4-2-3-1
or

Jorginho
Kante Kovacic
Ziyech Abraham Mount
4-3-3

Pick one

Why the heck would you want to drag us back to the days of mount on the wings sad
I would even play this over that formation
Kante
Ziyech Mount
Odoi Abraham Werner
The few times Hakim drifted to the 10 position against Burnley he was better than even Kavertz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
Almajirihunter:

Why the heck would you want to drag us back to the days of mount on the wings sad
I would even play this over that formation
Kante
Ziyech Mount
Odoi Abraham Werner
The few times Hakim drifted to the 10 position against Burnley he was better than even Kavertz

Did u miss the part where he/she said "if Werner is rested"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10313) (10314) (10315) (10316) (10317) (10318) (10319) ... (19739) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amoto94(m), Leyqute(m), Altern8tor, airmark(m), efec(m), AirBere, Kimbeast and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.