Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,055 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10862439 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12235) (12236) (12237) (12238) (12239) (12240) (12241) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2021
BlueMann:
From a statistical POV, Kovacic wasn't as bad as he was painted.

8 of 12 long balls completed, 9 of 11 duels won, 83 passes (over 90% completion rate), 3 key passes, 1 clearance, 4 interceptions, 7 tackles.

his positioning as a number 6 was bad but his game play was good, not as a number 6. He improved when Jorginho came in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2021
Southampton heading the path of relegation

Southampton have accepted a £15m bid from Leicester City for Denmark defender Jannik Vestergaard, 29. After selling Ings they will likely sell James Ward-Prowse as well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2021
Skimpledawg:
This our thread dey funny sha...

Now it is how important the assist was and not the goal by Ziyech

grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 9:56am On Aug 12, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Chelsea have accepted a £34m bid from Roma for England striker Tammy Abraham, 23, that includes a buy-back clause. shocked wow mad o

£34M with one year left on his contract.. Very good deal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MaziAlaye(m): 9:59am On Aug 12, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
so?

He won it based on what stat?
Is Modric a DM to be making interceptions and tackles for you? LMAO go sidon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2021
MaziAlaye:

Is Modric a DM to be making interceptions and tackles for you? LMAO go sidon
you didn't answer the question.

He won based on what stat? Are there no players with better stat in whatever position you think he plays?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2021
BlueMann:
From a statistical POV, Kovacic wasn't as bad as he was painted.

8 of 12 long balls completed, 9 of 11 duels won, 83 passes (over 90% completion rate), 3 key passes, 1 clearance, 4 interceptions, 7 tackles.

Go and rewatch the goal we conceded and see how Kova was ball watching.

Times like this, you just have to agree with Thecassanova's rants about him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2021
I would loan chobalah out and sign kounde, all these people hyping up him now will be the first to crucify him, a few games doesn't make a player excellent, perfomances over time and experience is what makes a player good, there were so many flaws in his game but guessing those can be overlooked because he is an academy graduate, maintain this energy if the board foolishly abandons their pursuit of kounde and chobalah starts to flop, it's this same mentality that made us to keep having faith in that balloon called zouma instead of signing someone good enough to hold down that position long term
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2021
airmark:

grin grin grin
There were many wrong calls TT made last night, but let's let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2021
Appreciation post...

Hakim Wizad Ziyech

It's a shame this injury came when you just hit form. Get well soon.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MaziAlaye(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:

He won based on what stat? Are there no players with better stat in whatever position you think he plays?
Lmfao he didn't win best player in all these competitions with petty stats Chief
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2021
Skimpledawg:

There were many wrong calls TT made last night, but let's let sleeping dogs lie.

That's true.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2021
timbros:
Appreciation post...

Hakim Wizad Ziyech

It's a shame this injury came when you just hit form. Get well soon.

Let him return from injury and not hit the ground running, the Ziyansh gang will resume their agenda that he only knows how to spam crosses.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2021
Emaprince:
Dont mind havertz10 who believes mount will be benched this season. I wonder if havertz who mount chased away from midfield will now be returned back to displace mount?

Havertz is in a hot seat with the arrival of lukaku
where were you during the euros? How come you only appear when you have a lifeline to base your agenda on, havertz is an Abramovich signing, he personally insisted that we sign havertz, he gave tuchel the job because of havertz, german national team is going to be built around his talents, tuchel is german, there is no affiliation greater than that, wake up and face reality, you build teams around exceptional players not generic fools like mount

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2021
BlueMann:
La Cobham kiss
La Cobham La Trophy

La old Trafford La Tears

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MaziAlaye(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:

I never said Football is not about stats I mean is not all about stats. Modric won the 2018 Bdor not because of stats but success and influence on the pitch. Similar was Nedved when Henry could win it. There is more to football rather than stats.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2021
Skimpledawg:

Mehn, Odoi made that young lad suffer.
Trevor was running up and down cos Odoi was strolling on the pitch.

No be small thing.
Pretty sure he won't try that nonsense playing on the same flank as Rudiger. Na to chase am commot for pitch. cheesy
Chalobah showed humility and maturity and focused on his own game.
Definitely wouldn't want to be playing on the same flank as Odoi. He was uber rubbish in that game.

Lets see what the season will look like.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2021
nateevs:

CHO is not a wing back, and does not have the qualities to do so effectively. We should be pushing for Tuchel to play CHO in his best position, so we can see the best of his potential.

This is similar to playing Chalobah as a left winger, and then criticising him for not being on point.

For those of us who have longed for this era of seeing the youth making it to the first team and playing competitively, we are now worried that we might mis-manage the fruits of decades of hard work.

Livramento was made for that WB position but somehow, we let him slip through.

I want to see CHO played up front on the left for a consistent number of appearances.
Egbon, I am not even going to drag this with you.
Odoi was useless in that match. He failed both his defensive and attacking duties.
Even throw-in sef, he managed to locate an opposing player. What.da.heck?

The only thing he succeeded in doing was to make young Chalobah suffer but thankfully, the young boy stood up for himself.
Odoi was nonsense and rubbish in that match.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2021
Catfishing:

La Cobham La Trophy

La old Trafford La Tears

Lol.

Oya see this one

2 players left Ajax: Ziyech & Van De Beek
2 players left PSG: Thiago Silva & Cavani
2 players left Leicester: Maguire and Chillwell
Well I reserve my comments cheesy
I no dey talk say u no fit leave ohh but, in life destination matters

grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2021
MaziAlaye:

Lmfao he didn't win best player in all these competitions with petty stats Chief
again, are there no players with better stat?

Is Modric the best player in Madrid when they won UCL in terms of stat.

Is Modric the best player in world cup in terms of stat?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2021
TalabiAudu:

Lol.

Oya see this one

2 players left Ajax: Ziyech & Van De Beek
2 players left PSG: Thiago Silva & Cavani
2 players left Leicester: Maguire and Chillwell
Well I reserve my comments cheesy
I no dey talk say u no fit leave ohh but, in life destination matters

grin grin grin

KingAlabi won't like this embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2021
MaziAlaye:

I never said Football is not about stats I mean is not all about stats. Modric won the 2018 Bdor not because of stats but success and influence on the pitch. Similar was Nedved when Henry could win it. There is more to football rather than stats.
if football is not about stat, then why exactly did Modric win balon D'or when there was Ronaldo, Messi etc that always drop ridiculous stat every season?

Point is, as long as there is no specific metric for choosing balon d'or winner apart from your team winning major trophy and you being integral part of the team.

Jorginho was integral part of the team that won all the trophies this season.
Not like he was winning those trophies from bench like Emerson

Let's not forgot jorginho is Chelsea highest goal scorer In epl last season.

His influence is underrated because there are other players with more flare in the team but he absolutely achieved more than everyone else.

If Modric could win it, I donot see anyone more deserving of the balon d'or this season than jorginho. Period.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MaziAlaye(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
if football is not about stat, then why exactly did Modric win balon D'or when there was Ronaldo, Messi etc that always drop ridiculous stat every season?

Point is, as long as there is no specific metric for choosing balon d'or winner apart from your team winning major trophy and you being integral part of the team.

Jorginho was integral part of the team that won all the trophies this season.
Not like he was winning those trophies from bench like Emerson

Let's not forgot jorginho is Chelsea's highest goal scorer In epl last season.

His influence is underrated because there are other players with more flare in the team but he absolutely achieved more than everyone else.

If Modric could win it, I donot see anyone more deserving of the balon d'or this season than jorginho. Period.
With all these you can't point one competition Jorginho was awarded the best player in.

Checkout Nedved/Henry 2002/2003 season stats and you'll see it's not all about stats
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2021
This is how you move when you don't need to spend 1bn before winning UCL and Super cup.

[img]https://media1./images/c3173fb100333e993633404710392361/tenor.gif[/img]

17 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2021
MaziAlaye:

With all these you can't point one competition Jorginho was awarded the best player in.

Checkout Nedved/Henry 2002/2003 season stats and you'll see it's not all about stats
you didn't answer the question

Why was Modric voted the best player in the competition?

What metric did they use?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by charlesELIKIBA: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2021
GBE body eh! grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2021
Skimpledawg:

Go and rewatch the goal we conceded and see how Kova was ball watching.

Times like this, you just have to agree with Thecassanova's rants about him.

I know sha, that's why I said from a statistical POV.

I was surprised he was still on the pitch and Kante left, but I think he got better as the game went on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:19am On Aug 12, 2021
Chelsea have to announce Lukaku today, so he can be registered and partake in their next training to be able to feature in this weekend EPL opener.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2021
Skimpledawg:
This our thread dey funny sha...

Now it is how important the assist was and not the goal by Ziyech

grin
Lol... If I say ziyech pointed to where havertz should pass the ball to

Am I starting an agenda grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:34am On Aug 12, 2021
[quote author=BlueRayDick post=104703770][/quote] grin grin
E shock you?? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

How far ebuka
I lost some money yesterday angry angry
cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MaziAlaye(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
you didn't answer the question

Why was Modric voted the best player in the competition?

What metric did they use?
Man's influence on the pitch was so good for both real Madrid and Croatia

(1) (2) (3) ... (12235) (12236) (12237) (12238) (12239) (12240) (12241) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fyinka47(m), fredoooooo and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.