Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10782776 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12612) (12613) (12614) (12615) (12616) (12617) (12618) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2021
hensben:
European top team strength are almost equivalent likewise copa America. It’s just like saying Africa nations cup is useless because there are no European teams. Every continents have their tournaments.if it’s because of messi that you guys now see the cup as inferior, It’s not his fault that he is super talented and happen to come from a South America country. Respect every continent’s tournament.
always using sentimental angles to justify your choices cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
I swear, I no know o, But e sure me say him world best no reach messi amount

The award did not exist. So that can’t be used to judge. It’s like in 40 yrs there is an award for top footballers called Toto Smasher Award and people start criticising Messi, Pele, Maradona for not winning it.

Between 1958 and 1970 there is a strong case for Pele winning World’s Best in 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1970.

He would have won at least 5 out of those 9 as we all know those awards are partly popularity contests.

However that is not really an issue as the parameters should be those that apply to all contestants.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
Wait.. What!! grin cheesy
Ah... Internet na bas.tard grin

How una dey dig this things sef

Modified: I know say Air.mark must wriggle himself out grin

Jodera:
grin cheesy

You don do justice finish.. I no sure say dayo suppose use that punchline again grin

Raumdeuter closed that our argument that year by equating Copa America to Euros.

As it stands now today, it's

Afrodoc2 vs Raumdeuter

AFRODOC2: Copa America is not equivalent to Euro cup.

RAUMDEUTER: Copa America is equivalent to Euro cup.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:45am On Oct 12, 2021
hensben:
European top team strength are almost equivalent likewise copa America. It’s just like saying Africa nations cup is useless because there are no European teams. Every continents have their tournaments.if it’s because of messi that you guys now see the cup as inferior, It’s not his fault that he is super talented and happen to come from a South America country. Respect every continent’s tournament.
Alaye focus on the issue at hand. This present era the balance of power has firmly shifted to Europe so listing Andorra, Faroe Island to drag Ororo is pointless as the best of South america is still under European colonization as well so how much more the small European teams. Didn't Brazil chop 7-1 on their own soil?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2021
afrodoc2:
Na Thiago Silva cause all this confusion. Immediately he won COPA the 2 main protagonists switched sides.

The one that was denigrating Copa America before now remembered that it was a top competition and the one that thought it was a top competition before is now comparing it to Principal’s Cup. cheesy

Don't turn fact on its head.

I didn't even argue it when Dayo equated Copa to Euros, i only rated the World cup and CL above it. The only person that switched sides is your friend, Raumdeuter.

Stop being sneaky.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Iraq has literally been a warzone since 2003, and ISIS even claimed part of Iraq as part of their caliphate...and their football team is still better than North Macedonia.

Cooking indeed.
context, a man that doesn't understand the value of context, doesn't know the history and fundamentals of an opinion he shares

you were underappreciating havertz's efforts, why Iraq position doesn't baffle you is telling, you even used the current state of the country to underrate Iraq national team but the story behind their position is greater than you assume

As for north macedonia, they beat Germany, and also qualified for the last euros, they were playing at home, they were super motivated and it wasn't an easy game

For Germany if they won they would be the first national team to qualify for the next world cup, was a braggable victory

Havertz performed well and circumstances indicate his form

My statement is justified grin

Even if I didn't bring it up, look at the countries close to iraq on that list, based on population and football structure currently available, Iraq isn't even supposed to be anywhere near that position if you look only at the state of the country but the story of their national
team is truly remarkable and deserving of such placement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I think what u misconstrue to be an attempt to mean Copa America is useless is this ; Euros is quite more competitive compared to Copa America . That’s an undeniable fact.

A competition where everybody qualifies automatically just dey somehow . Even AFCON we dey play qualifies and some big teams dey drop enroute the main tournament . I think it’s the little or no competitiveness in Copa America that makes it receive whatever stick it’s getting now. The fact that they host the competition whenever they feel like sef doesn’t help matters .
You know home based Nations cup it's more competitive than that Copa America.
Who ever advised them to invite countries from another continent is high on Cali white
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2021
afrodoc2:

The award did not exist. So that can’t be used to judge. It’s like in 40 yrs there is an award for top footballers called Toto Smasher Award and people start criticising Messi, Pele, Maradona for not winning it

Between 1958 and 1970 there is a strong case for Pele winning World’s Best in 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1970.

He would have won at least 5 out of those 9 as we all know those awards are partly popularity contests.

However that is not really an issue as the parameters should be that apply to all contestants.
Oh wow!!
I never knew it didn't exist then.

Toto smasher award grin, you and raum.deuter never cease to add funny punchlines to your post most times grin

Anyways GOAT is arguably between messi Ronaldo maradona and Pele(in no particular order ranking). Anyone they give most won't begrudge it I think

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2021
airmark:

Raumdeuter closed that our argument that year by equating Copa America to Euros.

As it stands now today, it's

Afrodoc2 vs Raumdeuter

AFRODOC2: Copa America is not equivalent to Euro cup.

RAUMDEUTER: Copa America is equivalent to Euro cup.
cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Iraq has literally been a warzone since 2003, and ISIS even claimed part of Iraq as part of their caliphate...and their football team is still better than North Macedonia.

Cooking indeed.
passionate Mount played both matches against 156th ranked team (Andorra). 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 big chances created. Characteristics of a useless player grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You know home based Nations cup it's more competitive than that Copa America.
Who ever advised them to invite countries from another continent is high on Cali white
Sod Sod!!!
Be calming down brother grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:08am On Oct 12, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2021
Havertz10:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy grin the guts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
Sod Sod!!!
Be calming down brother grin
Bros it's like Nigeria playing euro 2024 na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2021
Havertz10:
context, a man that doesn't understand the value of context, doesn't know the history and fundamentals of an opinion he shares

you were underappreciating havertz's efforts, why Iraq position doesn't baffle you is telling, you even used the current state of the country to underrate Iraq national team but the story behind their position is greater than you assume

As for north macedonia, they beat Germany, and also qualified for the last euros, they were playing at home, they were super motivated and it wasn't an easy game

For Germany if they won they would be the first national team to qualify for the next world cup, was a braggable victory

Havertz performed well and circumstances indicate his form

My statement is justified grin

Even if I didn't bring it up, look at the countries close to iraq on that list, based on population and football structure currently available, Iraq isn't even supposed to be anywhere near that position if you look only at the state of the country but the story of their national
team is truly remarkable and deserving of such placement

Herdsmenistan is literally ranked 2 places above Macedonia.

Alaye have some shame

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:26am On Oct 12, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Bros it's like Nigeria playing euro 2024 na
Lol.. But on a more serious note, our fa suppose bid for slot for next edition of copa esp the one wey fall near world cup.
So in case we no carry afcon, we fit carry their copa participate for confederation cup grin cheesy

After all, any way na way grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. You won't blame us. He was asked to win something for his country else he can't have a legitimate claim to goatship. Wen he won the copa, narrative change

Wetin you want make we do na grin

Lol, so, for him to win something for his country, they decided to hold Copa competition every year……wow.

Which kind malaga be that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. But on a more serious note, our fa suppose bid for slot for next edition of copa esp the one wey fall near world cup.
So in case we no carry afcon, we fit carry their copa participate for confederation cup grin cheesy

After all, any way na way grin
una neva fit beat CAR na Brazil and co Una want win. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, so, for him to win something for his country, they decided to hold Copa competition every year……wow.

Which kind malaga be that?
Lol.. Before messi, they been deh hold am every year, so no be new thing na grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:32am On Oct 12, 2021
ItisHi:
una neva fit beat CAR na Brazil and co Una want win. angry
The CAR we won in our last meeting or which one? angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
The CAR we won in our last meeting or which one? angry angry
that's not a win in my book grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2021
ItisHi:
that's not a win in my book grin
Lol... Your book no get the recommended course outlines then. Go change am

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2021
"[I spent] three seasons-and-a-half there [at Chelsea].

“I had an amazing time at Arsenal but [at Chelsea] I can say even more because I won the big titles."

- Olivier Giroud

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2021
Havertz10:

Nobody from Chelsea will win ballon d or

Kante had a chance before but not anymore

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2021
afrodoc2:

Omo!

This life no balance o!

grin

Jesu! grin

O ja mi lara je
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2021
Leyqute:

Jesu! grin

O ja mi lara je

E shock you? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:32am On Oct 12, 2021
afrodoc2:

E shock you? grin

Je suis shocké. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2021
Jodera:
cheesy grin grin

The battle is on between the 2 Copa America gladiators. grin

AFRODOC2 vs RAUMDEUTER

Entering the ring first is Epileptic Apari, the Amala turner, Raumdeuter. grin

raumdeuter:

Copa america is the equivalent of euro cup where hazard failed as usual just like he failed at CL and world cup

Hazard failed at CL, failed at world cup failed at euro.

So where has hidden shakushaku succeeded? I hope you will mention Carling cup or fa cup

raumdeuter:

Mine is

1. Performance in big games especially cl and world cup crucial matches
2. Big Trophies won CL and world cup then behind euro/ copa america
e

His opponent, 'Small doctor' Afrodoc2, is already climbing the speakers and will join us in the ring soon. grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:51am On Oct 12, 2021
airmark:

They didn't need to invite Angola to join the Bundesliga, they already have them in teams like Bochum, Schalke, collecting 7-0, 8-0.

Mention the number of times 2 Burnthisleaguedown teams met in the UCL final in the last 20yrs or last time a team not named Bayern won it?

That Argentina didn't win Copa America with Messi for a long time speaks volume and stabbed the 'useless' tag.

Raumdeuter, when Copa America wasn't useless:

Now the shocker:

Raumdeuter will only mislead mumus into the gutter and disappear. Share his opinion and get your fingers burnt.

Church closed. grin grin grin
rumdeuter is like Trump.

There is always a past post to throw every other argument he is having to dustbin grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2021
Leyqute:

Je suis shocké. grin

People can be very heartless. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:54am On Oct 12, 2021
Havertz10:
always using sentimental angles to justify your choices cheesy

Whats sentimental there pls?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
airmark:

They didn't need to invite Angola to join the Bundesliga, they already have them in teams like Bochum, Schalke, collecting 7-0, 8-0.

Mention the number of times 2 Burnthisleaguedown teams met in the UCL final in the last 20yrs or last time a team not named Bayern won it?

That Argentina didn't win Copa America with Messi for a long time speaks volume and stabbed the 'useless' tag.

Raumdeuter, when Copa America wasn't useless:

Now the shocker:

Raumdeuter will only mislead mumus into the gutter and disappear. Share his opinion and get your fingers burnt.

Church closed. grin grin grin
My guy...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12612) (12613) (12614) (12615) (12616) (12617) (12618) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beorn and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.