Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10794557 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12684) (12685) (12686) (12687) (12688) (12689) (12690) ... (19504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
donstan18:

Lack of creativity, that’s what Chelsea lack as of now to help Lukaku.

He hardly misses, he can shoot, nod and hold the ball, he has good positioning, he just lack world class creative players to help him run the show.

I think lately premier league defenders "figured" out Lukaku. But bros, lukaku needs to improve. No goals in 6 games. Not good enough for the value. His final pass ability to create for teammates is also lacking.

However, not totally his fault. As is it commonly mentioned, chelsea don't provide the structure to suit his game, but it is difficult to utilize Lukaku's "run's into space" when teams drop-off and give very little space for chelsea players to work in.

So, it could be a case of Lukaku not adapting to opponents tactics, or he is being fed specific tactical instructions by TT that don't work.

I thought he was more effective in the Southampton game, when Chelsea's players stopped looking for him constantly with back to goal, instead they played as a team and did not focus on any individual. He saw less of the ball in total, but they were more effective team overall, and he did a good job. If less goals from him means chelsea play better as a team, so be it, maybe that is the way for TT to best utilize Lukaku, maybe you guys have to accept that Lukaku at Inter is a different situation.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
Unlimited22:

We haven't conceded any goal from open play. Gabriel Jesus scored from a corner that was taken short. Only Aston Villa and Juve have scored against us from open play. Neither were in the PL.
that's why I said (eish)..

The corner was taken short. So it's not a direct corner.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
Unlimited22:

We haven't conceded any goal from open play. Gabriel Jesus scored from a corner that was taken short. Only Aston Villa and Juve have scored against us from open play. Neither were in the PL.
his goal was open play. Corner played short to Cancelo. Who took a short that was stopped by Jesus who took a shot that was deflected but went in.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2021
donstan18:

This is why I believe that If ManU defenders can compose themselves very well without mistakes, they’ll beat Liverpool.

Rashford can comfortably deal with VVD anyday anytime.

I’ve not even talk about Ronaldo or Bruno.

Make una run am for us abeg. grin

I was watching a video of the squad training and for some reason it really put into perspective how good man utd squad is. First you see Bruno, Maguire, Shaw. Then you see Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba. Then it's like, oh we also have Rashford, oh and there's also Sancho. Wow we even have Greenwood, De Gea, Cavani as well. Even guys like Donny, Lindelof, Telles, Amad, etc.

Our third best centre back is the captain of his country

I know im not saying anything new here, it just really reminded me how special this man utd team is and how we need to win trophies. And for us to do it, we need a good manager.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joezinho:

I think lately premier league defenders "figured" out Lukaku. But bros, lukaku needs to improve. No goals in 6 games. Not good enough for the value. His final pass ability to create for teammates is also lacking.

However, not totally his fault. As is it commonly mentioned, chelsea don't provide the structure to suit his game, but it is difficult to utilize Lukaku's "run's into space" when teams drop-off and give very little space for chelsea players to work in.

So, it could be a case of Lukaku not adapting to opponents tactics, or he is being fed specific tactical instructions by TT that don't work.

I thought he was more effective in the Southampton game, when Chelsea's players stopped looking for him constantly with back to goal, instead they played as a team and did not focus on any individual. He saw less of the ball in total, but they were more effective team overall, and he did a good job. If less goals from him means chelsea play better as a team, so be it, maybe that is the way for TT to best utilize Lukaku, maybe you guys have to accept that Lukaku at Inter is a different situation.
I perfectly understand your point, but I think it’s too early to start faulting him, he’s not flopping, he doesn’t miss goals that much, he hardly lose the ball, good in connecting players too.

It’s just that he hardly see the chances, more like we lack creativity when playing with Lukaku, or should I say his fellow front men depends on him a lot, which I believe is the reason some of you said we play better attacking game without him.

I’ve watched Lukaku with ManU, when Pogba and Rashy is inform, Lukaku is in form, same in Inter, just give him creative players like Belgium players and watch him feast. He can’t cope alone.

Mount is now on fire!
Hopefully when Lukaku and Pulisic returns, we’ll have complete packages in that front line.

Once again, make una run am for us tomorrow abeg. grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joezinho:

I was watching a video of the squad training and for some reason it really put into perspective how good man utd squad is. First you see Bruno, Maguire, Shaw. Then you see Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba. Then it's like, oh we also have Rashford, oh and there's also Sancho. Wow we even have Greenwood, De Gea, Cavani as well. Even guys like Donny, Lindelof, Telles, Amad, etc.

Our third best centre back is the captain of his country

I know im not saying anything new here, it just really reminded me how special this man utd team is and how we need to win trophies. And for us to do it, we need a good manager.

Ole is the only manager post-Fergie that has given ManU top4 stability. Put some respect bro.

He stays grin cheesy

He can take ManU to the next level.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
Just when someone was telling us EPL was tough and teams don't concede cricket scorelines like other leagues

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
Unpopular opinion.

Jorginho X Kovacic controls the midfield better, they compliment themselves.

But sadly for them, we have Kante who doesn’t need anyone to salvage him.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
donstan18:

I perfectly understand your point, but I think it’s too early to start faulting him, he’s not flopping, he doesn’t miss goals that much, he hardly lose the ball, good in connecting players too.

It’s just that he hardly see the chances, more like we lack creativity when playing with Lukaku, or should I say his fellow front men depends on him a lot, which I believe is the reason some of you said we play better attacking game without him.

I’ve watched Lukaku with ManU, when Pogba and Rashy is inform, Lukaku is in form, same in Inter, just give him creative players like Belgium players and watch him feast. He can’t cope alone.

Mount is now on fire!
Hopefully when Lukaku and Pulisic returns, we’ll have complete packages in that front line.

Once again, make una run am for us tomorrow abeg. grin

What if Lukaku was the board's signing and TT just went along with it to avoid any issues? But if you take the goals away, Lukaku has similar qualities to Abraham, Giroud but TT didn't use them because they didn't fit into his style of play. At the moment, your attacking plays aren't looking as fluid as last season with Lukaku in the XI.

Lukaku needs to make runs like Werner and Kai did last season. Egbon is way too static and not dragging defenders out of position and not being light on feet. He is kinda of stuck..

Mason was on top of it today. His first goal was pure class. For me though his third goal was the treat because Ruben showed selflessness. A team mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joezinho:

What if Lukaku was the board's signing and TT just went along with it to avoid any issues? But if you take the goals away, Lukaku has similar qualities to Abraham, Giroud but TT didn't use them because they didn't fit into his style of play. At the moment, your attacking plays aren't looking as fluid as last season with Lukaku in the XI.

Lukaku needs to make runs like Werner and Kai did last season. Egbon is way too static and not dragging defenders out of position and not being light on feet. He is kinda of stuck..

Mason was on top of it today. His first goal was pure class. For me though his third goal was the treat because Ruben showed selflessness. A team mentality.

Doesn't seem like selflessness to me. He was never going to pass till he took a heavy touch and had no choice but to pass.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
All goals today scored by English players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
Broja and liveramemt just have to come back cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joezinho:

I’m 100% for no reason believe Tuchel didn’t want Lukaku. grin grin cheesy

I still don’t understand the kind of strikers he likes, I somehow think he doesn’t even like using strikers that well.

And for Abraham, I rate him, rated him at Chelsea, he’s a good goal scorer, you can’t take that away from him. He was just unlucky that Tuchel didn’t like his pattern of play.

Mount is one of the most important player for Chelsea. Goal or not, he’s the link and energy that connects our midfield and attack. A king.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
Broja doing it for Southampton

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
This Leeds wolves game is too intense, time to watch this wolves new Asian striker, he’s getting the goals for them

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
I heard Chelsea scored 7 goals today and some people’s fave couldn’t get one goal or manage an assist. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2021
so funny how we are d first team to score d highest number of EPL goals even though we have been poor at scoring... we are still developing ooo...now it should e very crystal clear to our haters dat d EPL is coming to Stamford bridge D's season

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2021
Everton fell apart in 20 minutes

Thanks to Nigerian Dennis

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
Lol that's the loudest boo I have ever heard grin

Everton fans angry.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
Itsrm:

Doesn't seem like selflessness to me. He was never going to pass till he took a heavy touch and had no choice but to pass.
You got eagles eyes my brother, the last touch before he passed the ball was heavy and the ball was off him then had no choice than to pass.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
donjazet:
Mount has not scored in 28 games. That has to change
hattrick

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
Skimpledawg:
Jorgs is beginning to increase his forward passes

Better
cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
Thecassanova:
The 3-5-2 experiment should be buried henceforth
na Norwich o

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
BlueMann:
Chilwell has taken up a lot of central positions today.
ya like Alonso

good competition at the left side

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
Skimpledawg:
Chilwell with another goal

Omo, Alonso won't be able to bench him again

What Alonso offers, Chilwell gives full dose
na motivation Alonso give am

But it's good, Chilwell and Alonso alone can't play every game. Their goal threat is real and will bother teams

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
donstan18:
Jorginho out.

RLC in.

Jorginho played like a boss
Jorginho is a boss, but you see RLC he is becoming our new king in midfield

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joezinho:

Lukaku that looks like tuchel told him to conserve his energy so as to play him match in match out

You only see Lukaku put speed and power when attacking the goal, showing it's clear instructions from Tuchel. The only problem has been understanding with teammates

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
donstan18:
Unpopular opinion.

Jorginho X Kovacic controls the midfield better, they compliment themselves.

But sadly for them, we have Kante who doesn’t need anyone to salvage him.
no be news, since the days of Lampard

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
Joezinho:

undecided no dey imagine too much

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Havertz10:
and we rightfully did but until lukaku plays in a game and we score 7, my argument stands
You’re fond of saying nonsense anyways. This is the kind of game Lukaku would have used to stop the goal drought.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mancity came out swinging.

They all playing like they are on drug
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
For me the best Player in the Premier league at the moments is Bernando silva ... that guy na Baller cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (12684) (12685) (12686) (12687) (12688) (12689) (12690) ... (19504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), Devvy4 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.