Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,636 members, 7,921,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:37 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11042131 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) ... (19769) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mourinholic:

'Since Courtois moved to EPL'......that's just a year.....
Do I need to remind you how David's first year in England went?? he was even benched at a time
Didn't you say on your thread a few weeks back that de gea was ungrateful? That United stood by him during the very poor days......

As for his stats in Athletico,Bro you don't need stats to tell you Courtois was better...Its glaring, same way it was glaring David was better last season, seriously you shouldn't drag that

I'm not disputing the fact that de gea was poor in 2011, that's why I said if courtois has had a better season than de gea, it's not more than one, which is the 2011 season de gea flopped

Did you watch de gea when he was at atletico madrid?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

I'm not disputing the fact that de gea was poor in 2011, that's why I said if courtois has had a better season than de gea, it's not more than one, which is the 2011 season de gea flopped

Did you watch de gea when he was at atletico madrid?
Nope I didn't..
Forget its an argument that will go on...and on
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

Statistics don't lie, anybody who would rate any other keeper ahead of those three would be doing so based on preference

We all watched them play last season and the seson before, i'm not just relying on stats now

Like Seriously? have you heard of Claudio Bravo that kept about 23 clean sheets, conceded 19 goals, won la liga with Barcelona and won copa America(through PK) just in one season?

BTW which Courtois are you people talking about? that guy that was committing many school boys errors and conceded silly goals? Wasn't he even dropped at a point, and there were many arguments here for Cech to be reinstated?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
homesteady:

Like Seriously? have you heard of Claudio Bravo that kept about 23 clean sheets, conceded 19 goals, won la liga with Barcelona and won copa America(through PK) just in one season?

BTW which Courtois are you people talking about? that guy that was committing many school boys errors and conceded silly goals? Wasn't he even dropped at a point, and there were many arguments here for Cech to be reinstated?

How many saves did he make per game? Him conceding fewer goals wasn't due to his excellent goal keeping but a well organised Team, how many teams dey attack barca for la liga? How many shots on target do opponents average against barca?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Begovic should be fine in Courtois's absence... wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

How many saves did he make per game? Him conceding fewer goals wasn't due to his excellent goal keeping but a well organised Team, how many teams dey attack barca for la liga? How many shots on target do opponents average against barca?

I can mention a thousand goalkeepers that had better save percentage than Courtois and De gea!

If Chelsea play Brugge, don't you expect the Brugge keeper to have higher saves than Courtois?

How many shots on target do opponents average against bayern? So why is Neuer name there? Did Neuer become best keeper in the world because he had the highest number of saves?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
homesteady:

I can mention a thousand goalkeepers that had better save percentage than Courtois and De gea!

If Chelsea play Brugge, don't you expect the Brugge keeper to have higher saves than Courtois?

How many shots on target do opponents average against bayern? So why is Neuer name there? Did Neuer become best keeper in the world because he had the highest number of saves?
Same thing I was explaining to mugu kponyan Airmark on the Bayern thread
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
homesteady:

I know for a fact that Neuer gets tested more than barca goalkeepers

So why is neuer's name there? Because he plays for bayern?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
A40:

Same thing I was explaining to mugu kponyan Airmark on the Bayern thread

No be EPL fan ni

Is he expecting Terry to have more tackles than a Sunderland defender.

Airmark na apoda. Thats why he thinks Xavi is a right back because he saw him forming a wall on the right for a free kick

That has to be in the archives of senseless talks
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
You ain't the best keeper in the world until you do what Cech did at Camp Nou and Allianz in 2012.

All this one na yarns for now, I'm yet to see any keeper as decisive as Cech since Oliver Khan in 2002.

Good keepers need the defining moments to become great.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
van der sar(man utd) was better than cech from 2005 to 2011.

dopeJemi:

neuer's sweeper stunt is what keeps him on top.
neuer's reading and timing is top drawer. he's brave and highly intelligent.
of course, he also plays behind a good system where the opponents don't get
to test him as much but when those tests come.....neuer gets on top of it 8 times
out of 10.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
coogar:
van der sar(man utd) was better than cech from 2005 to 2011.

neuer's sweeper stunt is what keeps him on top.
neuer's reading and timing is top drawer. he's brave and highly intelligent.
of course, he also plays behind a good system where the opponents don't get
to test him as much but when those tests come.....neuer gets on top of it 8 times
out of 10.

Right now, i'll place de gea ahead of neuer, he has dropped in form
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Van der sar better than Cech?? Cry on pls
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Loool! Someone came here and told us to rate Bravo over De Gea, Courtois and Neuer. Bravo who plays in a team where the midfield is solid enough, the defence hardly gets tested. Ochua, Handanovic and even Sirigu would fair almost the same way if they played for Barca. If Barca had one of Neuer, DDG or Courtois, they'll probably concede an average of 20 goals per season.

Lool! U no see Cech mention, u dey mention Bravo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
Da VINCI code for Serena, now I believe Chelsea can still do well this season. Who brought all these mumu A40 and raumdeuter here . Was the network in your thread down?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

A good keeper is a good keeper, whether he is always tested or not!
Pinto played for this same barcelona and everybody knows he is shiit!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
homesteady:

A good keeper is a good keeper, whether he is always tested or not!

Pinto played for this same barcelona and everybody knows he is shiit!

That's because the little times he was tested, he flopped... we cannot really access bravo because he hardly gets tested, let him play for a club like real sociedad or an average club in the epl
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

That's because the little times he was tested, he flopped... we cannot really access bravo because he hardly gets tested, let him play for a club like real sociedad or an average club in the epl

But you didnt wait for De Gea to play for QPR before you named him best goalkeeper

Maybe we should also wait for Messi and Ronaldo to striker for Oviedo and Levante before we can know if they are really good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mathys: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bravo ke....?

Wetin person no go use him eye read for NL? angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

You don't even know that he has been Real Sociedad keeper for a long time before moving to barcelona?
FYI, Barcelona didn't get a win in Real Sociedad's home for like 4 years during Bravo's stay!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

But you didnt wait for De Gea to play for QPR before you named him best goalkeeper

Maybe we should also wait for Messi and Ronaldo to striker for Oviedo and Levante before we can know if they are really good

So de gea hasn't played against qpr?

The messi and ronaldo talk is so off... there's no iota of sense in it

De gea and courtois are the two best goalkeepers in the world right now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
homesteady:

You don't even know that he has been Real Sociedad keeper for a long time before moving to barcelona?
FYI, Barcelona didn't get a win in Real Sociedad's home for like 4 years during Bravo's stay!

Where did real sociedad finish with bravo at goal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Loool! Someone came here and told us to rate Bravo over De Gea, Courtois and Neuer. Bravo who plays in a team where the midfield is solid enough, the defence hardly gets tested. Ochua, Handanovic and even Sirigu would fair almost the same way if they played for Barca. If Barca had one of Neuer, DDG or Courtois, they'll probably concede an average of 20 goals per season.

Lool! U no see Cech mention, u dey mention Bravo

In my 1st post I asked whether it this same Courtois that was committing silly school boy errors and was even dropped, that you people are mentioning among the bests of last season?

You think because Barcelona won the treble it was all cherry from the start? When Courtois was enjoying the stable partnership of Terry and Cahill, Bravo was suffering and coping with Enrique's different lineup for every match!

Didn't you watch brazil 2014 when Bravo was of the best keepers? Now he has won COPA America, getting best keeper of the tournament!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

Where did real sociedad finish with bravo at goal?

He came out of relegation with them, and 2 seasons later they were in champions league!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by grinface98(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
A40:
Courtois best keeper in the world? Who gave Mourinho waterside Igbo to smoke tori Olorun?

So why did you even bring up the comparison in the first place when you were obviously aware of the gulf in class btw both players
I didn't compare him with any player in d first place bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

So de gea hasn't played against qpr?

The messi and ronaldo talk is so off... there's no iota of sense in it

De gea and courtois are the two best goalkeepers in the world right now

So you dont know the difference between FOR and AGAINST?

Or does DeGea play FOR QPR means DeGea plays AGAINST QPR.

Well Anyone can claim anyone is the best

Go and check who was awarded the keeper of the season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

So you dont know the difference between FOR and AGAINST?

Or does DeGea play FOR QPR means DeGea plays AGAINST QPR.

Well Anyone can claim anyone is the best

Go and check who was awarded the keeper of the season

Okay, I didn't see the for

De gea was our rock when we were on the decline for two seasons straight, courtois came and benched cech

Neuer has dropped, no be neuer wey dey leak goals like water for basket... I rate courtois and de gea ahead of neuer, EOD

Abeg I don high, I no dey even see wetin I dey type like this, e don do abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
homesteady:

He came out of relegation with them, and 2 seasons later they were in champions league!

Can I see Bravo's stats for barca and real sociedad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bravo ko, johny ni undecided.... I don't like seeing dis thread in an argument state.... We accept Neuer is better than courtois and de gea put together.... Let dis thread b free... Thank you kiss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
Chestar5:
Bravo ko, johny ni undecided.... I don't like seeing dis thread in an argument state.... We accept Neuer is better than courtois and de gea put together.... Let dis thread b free... Thank you kiss

Baby, whatsup... I know you've missed my trouble

Hope you've stopped blowing boys kisses
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bravo is a very good keeper... Very good....LLoris level...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
dopeJemi:

Baby, whatsup... I know you've missed my trouble
Hope you've stopped blowing boys kisses
lol, i tot u put a nairaland tracker on me...... I have stopped, are u happy?cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) ... (19769) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SamueItem337(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.