Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,332 members, 7,881,237 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:54 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10829125 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13052) (13053) (13054) (13055) (13056) (13057) (13058) ... (19542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
User09:
If u watched that game and didnt think Jorginho was one of the best players; Then I dont know what to tell you.

Parroting the usual rubbish against him is just dumb at this point. None of the criticism can stick now.

He only does half turns on rare occasions; He cant give long balls and only gives 5 yard passes backwards

Watch the game unbiased and try and give original opinions next time

What of players overrunning him with reckless abandon which was the observation today

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ezra01(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ibime:

What of players overrunning him with reckless abandon which was the observation today

that's one of his lapses...
maybe that's why he is not the best in that position cos he gets over run most times.
but he didn't have a terrible game today.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
donjazet:
It wasn't an easy one but thank God we won.
I hope Lukaku powers on from here. I want to laugh at some people here. I believe in him.

Jorginho always silences his haters. cheesy
No matter what he does, he must be criticized. But he doesn't give a flying fuck_ grin He just quietly does his thing. Now the teams top scorer in back to back seasons.

Anybody who has called for tuchels sack is simply not right in the head. Please don't give them oxygen.
Still in 5 competitions and only 3 losses from 28. Wonderful state of things.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
ezra01:

that's one of his lapses...
maybe that's why he is not the best in that position cos he gets over run most times.
but he didn't have a terrible game today.

Once you get overrun, you have no business being in DM. That is the definition of having a terrible game for a DM

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
pamcode:
It seems kante is injured again o.
We have concerns for injured players. We let Callum Hudson-Odoi play 90 minutes after Covid. Thiago Silva got injured. N'Golo Kante is injured. Mateo Kovacic is playing after injury and Covid without any preparation and training. We’re just filling holes where we can fill them. We play teams without international duties. Five changes were invented because of Covid. Now we're in the middle of Covid and some teams are having games postponed and others aren't. Three changes is a big disadvantage.

Quite laughable how a functional brain will be badmouthing a coach in this obvious dilemma?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ezra01(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ibime:

Once you get overrun, you have no business being in DM. That is the definition of having a terrible game for a DM
you are very correct... I guess we need a proper DM.

but, did you notice the expression in the faces of Chelsea's player.. during the game when he got injured...
I saw terrified faces. like who will play his position in his absence.
presently in that squad nobody can play that position better that Jorginho.. kante and kovacic will not do the job he is doing.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
BikeMan:
Which one be leprous 5 again? grin

Havertz people. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
NinjaXmetahuman:
We don become pensea grin

How many penalties this season? Varsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
ezra01:

you are very correct... I guess we need a proper DM.

but, did you notice the expression in the faces of Chelsea's player.. during the game when he got injured...
I saw terrified faces. like who will play his position in his absence.
presently in that squad nobody can play that position better that Jorginho.. kante and kovacic will not do the job he is doing.

Reason why we need a DM ASAP

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ezra01(m): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ibime:

Reason why we need a DM ASAP

yea.... maybe that's why we keep using 3 at the back.. if not, jorginho would have been smoked out..
I am not saying he is a bad player but unfortunately he is not what Chelsea need to become a football club that molest other teams. .
believe me we have so many average players in that team. players with poor decision making
with the right environment james will become the best in the world in the position he plays.
tuchel is working magic using some of these players

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
We are so lucky to be able to witness prolific goal scorers such as Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Jorginho, Messi and Salah during their prime in our life time. Blessed.

Copied.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
User09:
If u watched that game and didnt think Jorginho was one of the best players; Then I dont know what to tell you.

Parroting the usual rubbish against him is just dumb at this point. None of the criticism can stick now.

He only does half turns on rare occasions; He cant give long balls and only gives 5 yard passes backwards

Watch the game unbiased and try and give original opinions next time
Relax man, unlike Ngolo Kante, I don't see anything special Jorginho brings to the team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
We are so lucky to have Tuchel.

Less than a year in charge, he has won UCL as well as Super Cup and competing for the League title.

Additionally, he comfortably qualified from this season UCL group stage.

Currently he is vying for 5 trophies this season;

We know how long it took Jurgen Klopp before he lifted a silverware and till today UCL has eluded Pep Guardiola.

Appreciate your gaffer who is on the verge of becoming the best so far for Chelsea.

21 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
popizaino:
We are so lucky to be able to witness prolific goal scorers such as Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Jorginho, Messi and Salah during their prime in our life time. Blessed.

Copied.
Jorginho is a prolific goal scorers? grin

Abeg, from where u quote am, I want give the guy something grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Iheanacho is a striker with 1,000 IQ

Don't know why Naija feel they need a big target man no9

Iheanacho has enough of everything, with 100% intelligence, touch and composure which the others don't have

20 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:15am On Dec 27, 2021
Hate Jorginho for what he lack as a dm, we’ll understand, we’ll even join you to criticize him.

But you see that penalty? You see his ability to convert penalties? You dare not talk down on him in that aspect.

You dare not.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2021
Making a name for himself with all the hatred

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:14am On Dec 27, 2021
Ibime:

Iheanacho has enough of everything, with 100% intelligence, touch and composure which the others don't have
We need a dose of that kind football sense for CFC.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 3:16am On Dec 27, 2021
Thankfully back to winning ways.

We are here to win.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:08am On Dec 27, 2021
Ibime:

Don't know why Naija feel they need a big target man no9

Gbam. Senior Man Kelz is the most technically gifted and most talented of our attackers IMO. Just can't lay a finger on what his exact problem is.

Focus, Drive, passion maybe? In as much as those words have been used to mock players - case in point Passion Pount - they've indeed vital.

They're questions as to whether he can function as the main striker though. He and Osimhen seem a dream combo - on paper at least.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:12am On Dec 27, 2021
pamcode:
It seems kante is injured again o.
We have concerns for injured players. We let Callum Hudson-Odoi play 90 minutes after Covid. Thiago Silva got injured. N'Golo Kante is injured. Mateo Kovacic is playing after injury and Covid without any preparation and training. We’re just filling holes where we can fill them. We play teams without international duties. Five changes were invented because of Covid. Now we're in the middle of Covid and some teams are having games postponed and others aren't. Three changes is a big disadvantage.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Kante is injured. I feel TT is still managing his - and Kovacic's - minutes.

I hope Silva's issue is minor, but thankfully we have Chris and Chalobah back.

Modified: Kante is truly injured. Seems to be the same Knee injury. Just now hearing TT's post match interview.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2021
BlueMann:

Gbam. Senior Man Kelz is the most technically gifted and most talented of our attackers IMO. Just can't lay a finger on what his exact problem is.

Focus, Drive, passion maybe? In as much as those words have been used to mock players - case in point Passion Pount - they've indeed vital.

They're questions as to whether he can function as the main striker though. He and Osimhen seem a dream combo - on paper at least.
Kelechi is not a striker he's a 10 and False9 playing him in as a striker will limit his efficiency and effectiveness. Allow him to roam freely across the frontline and he will deliver. He is intelligent no doubt but expecting him to be a proper 9 is not ideal for his characteristics

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2021
Amoto94:

Kelechi is not a striker he's a 10 and False9 playing him in as a striker will limit his efficiency and effectiveness. Allow him to roam freely across the frontline and he will deliver. He is intelligent no doubt but expecting him to be a proper 9 is not ideal for his characteristics

Eggzactly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2021
Penalty FC
Bloody hypocrites cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2021
airmark:

Only idiots that lack football knowledge criticised a Lukaku that was getting back to form from injury.

I was highly disappointed in Hensben for joining the Leprous 5 in condemning him.
Not that he is not a good scorer but I am not a fan of his type of striker.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:03am On Dec 27, 2021
Amoto94:

I disagree. He's as good a 9 as any. Many of the runs and actions he made yesterday were no9 actions. Infact, he played 9.

When a player has touch and finesse, just because he has the skill to play 10 and is used there doesn't invalidate him as a 9. His purple patch last season was when Vardy was injured and he played 9. Kelz is just like Robin Van Persie who due to his class was played in other positions until later in career when he killed it in no9 position. Kelz played 9 at City and was banging.

There is a way a striker slows time down in the box that Kelz has which I don't see in many strikers these days since Van Persie retired

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by COOL10(m): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2021
Ibime:

I disagree. He's as good a 9 as any. Many of the runs and actions he made yesterday were no9 actions. Infact, he played 9.

When a player has touch and finesse, just because he has the skill to play 10 and is used there doesn't invalidate him as a 9. His purple patch last season was when Vardy was injured and he played 9. Kelz is just like Robin Van Persie who due to his class was played in other positions until later in career when he killed it in no9 position. Kelz played 9 at City and was banging.

There is a way a striker slows time down in the box that Kelz has which I don't see in many strikers these days since Van Persie retired

You know ball. People think the job of every centre forward is to stay in the box and bully the defenders, forgetting that football is now a modern game. A player like Iheanacho would be a jewel for any team as long as he's given enough time and freedom on the pitch of play.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ezra01(m): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2021
Ibime:

No football team with ambition will ever think of using kelz as a top 9.. though he has the movement, the techniques and ideas.. but he won't function well as a lone striker..
both kelz and jorginho are only good and it not bad.
if he is that Good as a lone 9. I believe guardiola would have seen the potential and keep him..
At Leicester, they don't trust him to be consistent with his performance as a lone striker
He should be paired with a striker that has presence in the opposition defence.
No.. kelz is not good enough to become Nigeria's Main striker. he lacks DRIVE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

How many penalties this season? Varsea?
Lets ask VARchester city tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2021
Emile smith rowe already on 8 league goal for the season. At that rate he is going to out score our 100million world class striker refined by Conte. I rate that boy far ahead of Saka who gets more hype and attention for reasons I don't understand.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2021
KingAlabi:
Penalty FC
Bloody hypocrites cheesy
as long as it's not Bruno Fernandes, it's an "ability" that should never be talked down embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 11:51am On Dec 27, 2021
Capaldi:
Emile smith rowe already on 8 league goal for the season. At that rate he is going to out score our 100million world class striker refined by Conte. I rate that boy far ahead of Saka who gets more hype and attention for reasons I don't understand.
Lol.. This is when you watch stats instead of actually watching ball. Watch ball, mba, na only livescores you go wan check grin

Of course, ESR has 8 goals so he's very far ahead of saka who have only 5 goals, after all goals wins games shey? grin grin

Stats is indeed killing game grin

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13052) (13053) (13054) (13055) (13056) (13057) (13058) ... (19542) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, akwesenana, Jskelly11, airmark(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.