Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,524 members, 7,895,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10915981 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13416) (13417) (13418) (13419) (13420) (13421) (13422) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
donjazet:

You guys should drop this wack argument abeg.

There is no bigger fan of Mourinho than myself. Just 3 years ago, I strongly believed that Mourinho was better than Guardiola seeing the strength of the teams he used to achieve success. Mourinho never lost a home game in 10 years. He took underdogs like Porto and inter to UCL triumphs.
He basically ran away with the leagues in his first try in the EPL when other teams were the dominant teams then, one just winning the invincible.

Guardiola on the other hand has managed at the biggest and best clubs only, with the best players and resources available to him, more than any other coach ever before. BUT, he has utilized them perfectly. When you dominate 3 top leagues, it's a pattern.
I was convinced that Guardiola would not repeat what Mourinho did when he first came to EPL, dominate the league and run away with it. But he has done that, for even a longer and sustainable period while implementing a better system of football between the two.

Give honor when due.
We've always said that players like Messi, muller or teams like the dominant Barca Bayern sides would not dominate the EPL as much as they did their leagues when they were always getting above 90 points in their league.
That playing midtable teams like westham, Leicester, wolves, Everton or even tough lower level teams like Leeds, Brighton, crystal palace not to talk of the competitive top 6 teams meant surely dropping points on a fortnight basis. That it would be impossible to have stretches of winning runs against these teams stacked with quality players and coaches. And here we are, the man has done this 4 straight seasons.

When people mock him for not winning the champions league, it's just laughable and disingenuous. The man was 90 minutes away from Winning it for fuxks sake. grin cheesy This is after completing a domestic treble.
Let's give honor when due.
The man has made the most of the resources given to him. Not many can put themselves in a position to earn that not to talk of utilizing it perfectly.

Mourinho my own man has literally fallen off a cliff.
He has failed in his last 2 challenges while Guardiola only keeps gaining momententum.
Guardiola is undoubtedly the best modern manager and any team in the world would rush to have him. Let's tell ourselves the Truth.
Pep is good and a modern manager but I not every top team can provide his want and needs. That’s where Mou shot himself by accepting any job and not considering the struggle of the team at that moment. Imagine that Man U team he accepted by not stating what and what he needed to do well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
Thomas Tuchel on Romelu Lukaku getting back in on the goals:

"It’s the most important. He had two crucial goals. He can still improve, still can be more involved in our game, but still that’s why he is here. That’s the best for any striker in the world."

[via
@ChelseaFC
]

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
That Newcastle equaliser came out of nothing grin

Rice at fault.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
E be like Antonio's goals don finish for the season.

Wetin that guy still dey do for my FPL team I know no.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
hensben:
Pep is good and a modern manager but I not every top team can provide his want and needs. That’s where Mou shot himself by accepting any job and not considering the struggle of the team at that moment. Imagine that Man U team he accepted by not stating what and what he needed to do well.

The person you quoted up there said nothing but facts

We will be here when Roma will sack mourinho and he will be employed by boavista or pacos d ferriera
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
No. Pulisic cry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
drisham:
No. Werner sorry cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
drisham:
No. Pulisic cry
clean your eyes cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

The person you quoted up there said nothing but facts

We will be here when Roma will sack mourinho and he will be employed by boavista or pacos d ferriera
Like pep won't go this lane too later in his career. fyi, i didn't disagree with what he said.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
hensben:

Pls shut up!

Like man city were not also struggling when pep gguardiola accepted them or is it real Madrid job that mourinho accepted is now term any ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Griffon:
E be like Antonio's goals don finish for the season.

Wetin that guy still dey do for my FPL team I know no.

It's a marvel how he's still the highest scoring striker in the game. Goes to show you how badly all the strikers are performing (or not) this season.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
popizaino:

Pls shut up!

Like man city were not also struggling when pep gguardiola accepted them or is it real Madrid job that mourinho accepted is now term any ?
Man city struggling? ucl semi finalist struggling? grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
My Chelsea app prediction.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
donjazet:

It's a marvel how he's still the highest scoring striker in the game. Goes to show you how badly all the strikers are performing (or not) this season.

Vardy say HI
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
popizaino:

Pls shut up!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don’t mind him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

Vardy say HI

In FPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
pulisic fav opponents, what happened to odoi nd azpli no other right back..only tuchel know this kind formation nd positioning .. 3 points or nothing else anyways
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Is this a wig?
shocked shocked shocked shocked
After so many seasons of skulling (abolo) grin I never believe this was possible.
This must have being a 5yr project grin

Demba BA!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
tonididdy:
Is this a wig?
After so many seasons of skulling (abolo) grin I never believe this was possible.

Demba BA!

Wow!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
I like the fact that both Havertz and Lukaku are starting together. Having enough goal threats and chances creators are always a thing for me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
popizaino:
I like the fact that both Havertz and Lukaku are starting together.
I dont. I don't believe they're compatible.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2022
tonididdy:
Is this a wig?

Demba BA!
I was looking at him and I said this guy look like person wey I know..

I no even know say na ba

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
That was very close. We're lucky.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kante has been losing a lot of balls lately

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Rudiger has always been very weak on 1v1 duels.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
donjazet:

I dont. I don't believe they're compatible.

I believe they are,they just need more games together and the manager to believe they can work together and find the best possible tactics to use them to compliment each other.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
07:49

Nice one Rudiger.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
User09:
Kante has been losing a lot of balls lately

I can't explain what's wrong with him this season. He has dropped noticeably in form.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
soon one of these rudiger thunderbolts must enter
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Pls mendy I take God beg you, clear the ball if you are under pressure no need trying to find the perfect ground pass, bouday would do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
BikeMan:
Why is he finding it hard to do it in Europe?

His challenge was to prove himself in England. He has nothing to prove in Europe anymore he has 2 CL titles already
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
Pulisic back to his disappointing self the moment he gets a start

(1) (2) (3) ... (13416) (13417) (13418) (13419) (13420) (13421) (13422) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AirBay and 30 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.