Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,233 members, 7,880,884 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:36 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10827446 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14116) (14117) (14118) (14119) (14120) (14121) (14122) ... (19541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:35pm On May 17, 2022
BlueMann:
Look who's back in first team training

Would be real nice if he could get a few minutes, perhaps on the final day.
Chilwell exit do us strong thing.

Look how RLC is tall for nothing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:35pm On May 17, 2022
BlueMann:
Trivago tweeted "welcome to the Chelsea family" at Boehly. Safe to say an official announcement is all that's left.

Meanwhile it would be mad if we could get something like this.
Be like something from the 90s.

Looks simple anyway.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ellexy: 1:38pm On May 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
donjazet, you need to know when to slow down. As much as I condemn what happened in Sokoto a couple of days ago, I will urge all and sundry to respect the beliefs and realities of your host wherever you find yourself...

I find myself questioning religion as a whole but I know when to say what. Trust me, they are Christians who are also extremist and when I find myself in such places, I rather keep numb...

The way you're on this amoto case tells more of a beef you're yet to squash.

No matter what you think, learn to adjust to the realities of a people. It's wisdom...

Amoto, on your part, considering your level of literacy, one will expect to read you condemning the act as you did and also kick against death penalty for any case of blasphemy...
First you said we should respect people's beliefs and realities, well Amoto clearly believes that blasphemy in his religion is a capital offense which is punishable by death.

Now calling on him to renounce and condemn this belief and reality means you don't really respect it as you said earlier and calling for adjustment means non-Muslims in the North should accept they deserve to die cos of mere words as this is the reality of their hosts.

undecided undecided undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:
Okayy, lemme break it down for you.

Ned Nwoko was almost 60years of age when he married Regina Daniels at the age of 19.

Now, would you call Nwoko a paedophile?
If yes, why?
If no, why?

In this case, Daniels is an adult who has reached a decision making age and can give consent. Her organs are all fully developed and ready for sexual intercourse. Nothing wrong here.

Nb; on a personal note, I'm not too comfortable with that much age gap but as I said, they are both adults capable of making their personal decisions, so nothing is wrong.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 1:48pm On May 17, 2022
Her organs are fully developed for some steamy rounds of sex. grin grin

Don J !!!

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:54pm On May 17, 2022
Ellexy:
First you said we should respect people's beliefs and realities, well Amoto clearly believes that blasphemy in his religion is a capital offense which is punishable by death.

Now calling on him to renounce and condemn this belief and reality means you don't really respect it as you said earlier and calling for adjustment means non-Muslims in the North should accept they deserve to die cos of mere words as this is the reality of their hosts.

3 gbosa for you. A very solid response.

"Respecting" one's belief means accepting the further degeneration and instability of our society.
This means an assurance of the continued suffering of the minorities in those regions. Then one asks, why are we still pretending to be one country??

The basic advantage of being in a country, is the right of unrestricted movement of goods and people. It means you can go to anywhere in your country and still feel at home. An American can move from newyork to Los Angeles and not see any shift in culture. A British can move from London to Yorkshire or Liverpool and still feel very welcome.
A shared sense of brotherhood and patriotism.

But in this country, you move from south to north to study in the university, you appeal to classmates to stop diverting the WhatsApp group from it's purpose and off your head goes with the amoto's gleefully cheering you on.
It's saddening.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
Ellexy:

While I encourage people to respect the realities of others, it is not wrong for educated folks to push for some form of reforms and that's what I stated there...

He rightly condemned the act of violence but he still thinks the punishment of blasphemy should be death however not carried out by a mob. I think with certain level of education and exposure, we have to start pushing for reforms. I am only saying this to amoto because I can see he is literate but I won't go about trying to appeal to the conscience of an almajiri...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
donjazet:

In this case, Daniels is an adult who has reached a decision making age and can give consent. Her organs are all fully developed and ready for sexual intercourse. Nothing wrong here.
What makes you think that a 19yr old girl have all those abilities in the bolded that made you qualify her as an adult that a 16 year old girl for example lacks?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 1:56pm On May 17, 2022
Emaprince:
Her organs are fully developed for some steamy rounds of sex. grin grin

Don J !!!
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2022
Capaldi:

They are many historical and Catholic writings dating back to 100AD that proved Joseph was an Old man before he was betrothed to Mary. So many apocryphal writings like the Gospel of James and History of Joseph the Carpenter( written in the 5th century). Another one is the Panarion written in 374 AD by Epiphanius the bishop which detailed the earlier marriage of Joseph were he had 6 children. One of the earliest documents we have outside of the Bible that describes Mary’s life is the Gospel of James, and it depicts Joseph as an older man who was essentially Mary’s guardian. It’s also one of the first documents that declared Mary’s perpetual virginity. The brothers and sisters of Jesus in the bible was referring to those children from Joseph earlier marriage.

Have you personally come across “Apocryphal” writings? I implore you and everyone reading this to Google the meaning of “Apocryphal”.. Let’s start from there first before I even delve into the history and evolution of Apocryphal writings. Please do not use them as facts because every writing came with a warning about the legitimacy of the contents written. So do well to research Apocryphal writings before using them as proof. Scholars very rarely use “Apocryphal” writings to justify anything.

Jewish tradition forbids the marriage of an older man to the younger lady except in very rare occasions and one of them is when the man is extremely rich, which Joseph wasn’t. Also, bethrotel indicates one is assigned to another at a young age and is being prepared to Mary someone after a while. This Jewish tradition was done amongst young people. According to what we know, Mary had been prepared for this assignment as recorded in the Old Testament, so was Joseph.

According to Mathew 1:18- 25, when Joseph found out Mary was pregnant, he was very disturbed and decided against marrying Mary because it was going to bring shame upon him and his lineage. Which means Joseph must have been young to worry about this to the point of wanting to back out until he was visited during his sleep at night by an Angel, who convinced him. So you see this Bible verse rubbishes the idea Joseph was old and did not care if Mary was going to have a child that was not his because he was old as being propagated by many of those writings you have up there.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2022
Ellexy:

Lol. You just couldn't look past it.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:
What makes you think that a 19yr old girl have all those abilities in the bolded that made you qualify her as an adult that a 16 year old girl for example lacks?

18 years old is the agreed upon age for adulthood worldwide.
at that age, you have attained a consciousness of self, most parts of your body stops developing and starts aging. Your brain reaches peak development.

You can become independent in your own and face the realities of life without a guardian.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2022
Ellexy, I clearly addressed the first 4 paragraphs to donj and the last one to amoto.

You don't expect to change a system from the outside rather, from the inside. Amoto is a muslim so, with his level of education he can start pushing for some reforms among his peers. Their disposition to him and his argument will clearly differ to their disposition towards Donj for example...

To effect change is not easy...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:18pm On May 17, 2022
donjazet:

18 years old is the agreed upon age for adulthood worldwide.
at that age, you have attained a consciousness of self, most parts of your body stops developing and starts aging. Your brain reaches peak development.

You can become independent in your own and face the realities of life without a guardian.
Exactly!! That's my point with the bolded.

You agree with the bolded due to what and how research have been carried out to bring your point starting from the 2nd paragraph even though 16yr olds have most attributes.

So if 50yrs from now, with the way science and things are changing, if the world accepted 21yrs as world accepted age for Adulthood and that it's known that the body build actually stops developing at 20yrs instead of 18yrs as originally brandished.
Would you now turn around to call Ned Nwoko a paedophile?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:24pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:

You're agree with the bolded due to what and how research have been carried out to bring your point starting from the 2nd paragraph even though 16yr olds have most attributes.

So if 50yrs from now, with the way science and things are changing, if the world accepted 21yrs as world accepted age for Adulthood and that it's known that the body build actually stops developing at 20yrs instead of 18yrs as originally brandished.
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Even Dayo of the Lord Jesus no fit escape this trap.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:24pm On May 17, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2022
Empiree:
stop lying. The article didn't mention aboki.

Not my business. I'm saying what my friend said before the article even came out
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:33pm On May 17, 2022
donstan18:

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Even Dayo of the Lord Jesus no fit escape this trap.
Lol... I dey patiently wait him answer grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:35pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... I dey patiently wait him answer grin
I been no wan put mouth as I was expecting Patrickmuf to nail him with the question since..

Thank God you did...

We’re waiting...

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 2:37pm On May 17, 2022
Roland17:

Have you personally come across “Apocryphal” writings? I implore you and everyone reading this to Google the meaning of “Apocryphal”.. Let’s start from there first before I even delve into the history and evolution of Apocryphal writings. Please do not use them as facts because every writing came with a warning about the legitimacy of the contents written. So do well to research Apocryphal writings before using them as proof. Scholars very rarely use “Apocryphal” writings to justify anything.

Jewish tradition forbids the marriage of an older man to the younger lady except in very rare occasions and one of them is when the man is extremely rich, which Joseph wasn’t. Also, bethrotel indicates one is assigned to another at a young age and is being prepared to Mary someone after a while. This Jewish tradition was done amongst young people. According to what we know, Mary had been prepared for this assignment as recorded in the Old Testament, so was Joseph.

According to Mathew 1:18- 25, when Joseph found out Mary was pregnant, he was very disturbed and decided against marrying Mary because it was going to bring shame upon him and his lineage. Which means Joseph must have been young to worry about this to the point of wanting to back out until he was visited during his sleep at night by an Angel, who convinced him. So you see this Bible verse rubbishes the idea Joseph was old and did not care if Mary was going to have a child that was not his because he was old as being propagated by many of those writings you have up there.

My respect for you just went even higher with this post.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:51pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:

You're agree with the bolded due to what and how research have been carried out to bring your point starting from the 2nd paragraph even though 16yr olds have most attributes.

First of all, the question makes no sense because of its faulty premise. It's already an undoubtedly scientific evidence that even at 16, puberty is complete. Puberty starts at 10 and ends at 15 for both genders. That's a FACT! That cannot change.

Secondly, I think you are conflating marriageable age with age of consent. I'm not particularly focused on Regina's age of marriage but on her capacity to give consent. Some countries have different marriageable age legally and different age of consent. For eg, England's marriageable age is 18 but age of consent is 15. Ie. If two 15 year old have sex,no prosecution but if a 25 year old has sex with a 15 year old. There's prosecution. But if any has sex with a prepubescent kid, that's RAPE.
You are trying to divert the issue from that of the underage sex to that of underage marriage, but anyways,there is no where an adult marrying or having sex with a 9 year old is good. It has always been terrible, just done with ignorance.

Lastly, important to note that never before have we (humanity) been more connected than before. Before You might have had some societies or traditions that were open to some vices and some that were against it.
But this doesn't mean we should completely absolve the heinous acts that were committed, EVEN IF IN IGNORANCE. killing babies was EVIL, even if it happened 500 years ago.
Having sex with 9 year olds was EVIL even if it happened 1 million years ago. Bad is bad.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:54pm On May 17, 2022
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:01pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:

You agree with the bolded due to what and how research have been carried out to bring your point starting from the 2nd paragraph even though 16yr olds have most attributes.

I am sure I have had this same conversation with donjazet in the past and asked him the same question
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ellexy: 3:02pm On May 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Ellexy, I clearly addressed the first 4 paragraphs to donj and the last one to amoto.

You don't expect to change a system from the outside rather, from the inside. Amoto is a muslim so, with his level of education he can start pushing for some reforms among his peers. Their disposition to him and his argument will clearly differ to their disposition towards Donj for example...

To effect change is not easy...
No be person wey don see say im beliefs dey wrong go fit change? The people you think can effect this change don't even see any wrong in the beliefs in the first place. You can preach from now till next year the likes of Amoto will never move an inch because the Qur'an backs up their beliefs.

Now how do you even tell Amoto the Qur'an needs to be reformed or edited or modified without incurring his wrath. That alone is considered blasphemy with your head on the chopping block.

We think we are doing cancel culture now but Muslims have always practiced the brutal version of it, infact Amoto is even more at risk if he dares to do what you're suggesting. That is to show you how intolerant they are. To them it's either Sharia or nothing and it's either you agree or you die. Ask Atiku that quickly withdrew his statement condemning the killing of Deborah.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2022
donstan18:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dumbstan strikes again, the one and only donstupidity that we know. cheesy The one that relies on memes and gifs because he can't efficiently vocalize his thoughts. The simple minded dumbstan and nextd we know. Carry on with your stupidity. cheesy cheesy it's entertaining.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 3:05pm On May 17, 2022
donjazet:

First of all, the question makes no sense because of its faulty premise. It's already an undoubtedly scientific evidence that even at 16, puberty is complete. Puberty starts at 10 and ends at 15 for both genders. That's a FACT! That cannot change.

Secondly, I think you are conflating marriageable age with age of consent. I'm not focused on the age of marriage but on her capacity to give consent. Some countries have different marriageable age legally and different age of consent. For eg, England's marriageable age is 18 but age of consent is 15. Ie. If two 15 year old have sex,no prosecution but if a 25 year old has sex with a 15 year old. There's prosecution.

Lastly, important to note that never before have we (humanity) been more connected than before. Before You might have had some societies or traditions that were open to some vices and some that were against it.
But this doesn't mean we should completely absolve the heinous acts that were committed, EVEN IF IN IGNORANCE. killing babies was EVIL, even if it happened 500 years ago.
Having sex with 9 year olds was EVIL even if it happened 1 million years ago. Bad is bad.
The bolded is you assuming that Science cannot change or anything Is fact regarding science. Pluto is an example, so many examples (or facts abound) that have changes. It's a fact.

Science is dynamic and can always change so I'm giving you an example due to science dynamic tendencies. It's you talking about adulthood and you agreed that the whole world agreed that 18yrs worldwide accepted age giving reasons. So if it changes today, would you change your thoughts about him too?

Would you call Ned Nwoko a Paedophile if it happens? Yes or no?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ellexy: 3:07pm On May 17, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Lol. You just couldn't look past it.
I say make I quickly chip in one or two cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2022
Make we rest with this talk naa

Abeg

angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:
The bolded is you assuming that Science cannot change or anything Is fact regarding science. Pluto is an example, so many examples (or facts abound) that have changes. It's a fact.

Science is dynamic and can always change so I'm giving you an example due to science dynamic tendencies. It's you talking about adulthood and you agreed that the whole world agreed that 18yrs worldwide accepted age giving reasons. So if it changes today, would you change your thoughts about him too?

Scientific laws can NEVER change. What's established fact is established fact. The human body undergoes puberty from age 10 to age 16.

Having sex with PREPUBESCENT is always bad. There is no context where such is good,not even with time. You can say they committed that evil in ignorance but that still doesn't exclude them from condemnation for their evil.

Our great grand father's most likely murdered twins in Glee, that they did that in ignorance, doesn't mean we shouldn't condemn their actions. Evil is evil.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:14pm On May 17, 2022
Jodera:

Ankara Messi, ankara Messi, Ankara Messi

Goalu Messi, Goalu Messi, Goalu Messi

Ankara!! Ankara!! Ankara!!

Goalu!! Goalu! Goalu!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:14pm On May 17, 2022
raumdeuter:

I am sure I have had this same conversation with donjazet in the past and asked him the same question

I ask again, if certain people did some evil things many years ago in ignorance, does it mean, they should be free from condemnation?? So we shouldn't criticize our great grandfathers for murdering innocent babies because they were ignorant about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 3:18pm On May 17, 2022
raumdeuter:

Really?
I wonder why he's not putting things into perspective and context

(1) (2) (3) ... (14116) (14117) (14118) (14119) (14120) (14121) (14122) ... (19541) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy, andrewbaba44, afrodoc2, Obere4u and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.