Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,216 members, 7,923,092 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11055722 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15369) (15370) (15371) (15372) (15373) (15374) (15375) ... (19774) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2022
This comparison is funny though grin

How did that even happen?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jpmoriarti(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Deadwood wey reject your club new contract offer cheesy
While I have been impressed with Christensen performance so far, I don't think he's a starter for us. We still have Jules Kounde, Araújo, Pique and Eric García.

So provided there's no major injuries in that position, we're well covered even if Christensen is sick.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2022
Poccetino should stay far away from the bridge please.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2022
Amoto94:
Danny Murphy: "The manner of Chelsea’s win against Leicester with 10 men suggested to me this is a group of players very much on board with its manager Thomas Tuchel. I actually think they are going to be closer to Manchester City and Liverpool this season, not further away."
with the way arsenal played Leicester and having been playing so far this season, arsenal have more of a chance than Chelsea have shown so far

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2022
Android22:
This is cap. Tuchel was 3rd in January when he was fired. Pochettino finished 2nd by reducing the deficit between 1 and 2 when he finished 2nd. He inherited Tuchel's team. He also lost to City in a SF of the UCL.

He got to a UCL final, finished 2nd and got to a Carabao cup final all with Tottenham losing to better teams.

He is better with youth and burgeoning players and has better attacking tactics in his bag than Tuchel will ever have. Tuchel is a reactive coach. Very good at countering what other managers plan to do but devising attacking play from scratch? lol
Nothing else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2022
Thomas Tuchel rejected the chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo after speaking with his former Man United boss Ralf Rangnick. {The Times via Dailymail}

No fvck up for Ur job because say u fit leave, make e no shock u say everywhere go block. Ronaldo still suffering because of a short spell under Rangnick.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2022
Chalobah won't be leaving this season, but Ampadu might
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2022
B4 the Gallagher red card, was the formation a back four?
Cos I saw RLC mostly in the middle and not RWB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2022
Chelsea have spent £200m on Sterling Koulibaly Cucurella Fofana
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2022
thorrvik55:
B4 the Gallagher red card, was the formation a back four?
Cos I saw RLC mostly in the middle and not RWB
Yes.
And it was working. Leicester couldn't get out of their half because of the way Gallagher and Mount were pressing.

Unfortunately, we had to switch gameplan after the red.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2022
BlueAngel444:
with the way arsenal played Leicester and having been playing so far this season, arsenal have more of a chance than Chelsea have shown so far

With our injured players back and new additions blending well with the team, we will roast that Arsenal in November.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2022
kingBolton:
Lmao
I never wán entér this argument

Them for call Ole and Rangnick join

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:08am On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:

With our injured players back and new additions blending well with the team, we will roast that Arsenal in November.
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:
Cant wait to enjoy these prime Marcelo and prime Dani Alves for years. grin

Another reminder. cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:

Like we roasted them in pre-season ABI undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:

Another reminder. cool

Nice combo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2022
drisham:

Like we roasted them in pre-season ABI undecided

Did you read my post at all?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:

Another reminder. cool
just add A better finisher there then the team will be fun

Both wing backs are so good at crosses

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2022
Kantebets:
just add A better finisher there then the team will be fun

Both wing backs are so good at crosses
Seeing Sterling get on the end of tht cross was so satisfying.

Get another good attacker and a good mid and this team go bang

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2022
Ibime:

Where Nottingham Forest dey print this Kain money?

Their owner is an alleged drug lord. So printing money should not be an issue.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2022
Unlimited22:

Seeing Sterling get on the end of tht cross was so satisfying.

Get another good attacker and a good mid and this team go bang
If we but getting another attacker

I don't think pulisic can be worse than mount on that right

A midfield of mount ,kova and jorgs would also be nice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2022
drisham:

If we but getting another attacker

I don't think pulisic can be worse than mount on that right

A midfield of mount ,kova and jorgs would also be nice
Mount seriously struggle in midfield there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

Even though tuchel is not making us happy. He still has superior tactics compared to pochettino. Look at the way psg are playing now and compare them to how they were average under pochettino. He did not win one title at totenham. He even plays more haram football than tuchel. He is meant for mid table teams like dead manyoo not us.

Winning Trophy isn't the same as having Tactics. Save me stress of typing plenty words jare. All I will keep saying is that he has superior tactics than Thomas Tuchel. Our Coach rode on the back of being an underdog to do well with us in his first season, now that we now seen as favourites we can see how clueless he has been.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2022
A40:
Sergio Fraudsquets. The Catalan Olofinjana when he doesn't have Xaviesta as backup. These are the kin cricket scoreline his teams concede

Imagine mentioning that joker in the conversation of elite DMs just because he was born smack dab in the prime of the best midfielders arguably in football history.

Xavi I know.
Iniesta I know.
Who the hell is Busquets??
Na wa ooh, una sabi name players for this thread grin grin...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2022
Couldn't watch the game yesterday. Just watching the full game and damn, sometimes you have to take the reactions in here with a pinch of salt.

15 mins and we've been absolutely top class. I mean everyone.

I am surprised how far back VAR had to come to override the penalty. Wasn't that the same thing we were asking for against Spurs (Havertz incident) and they said it was too far back?

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

How many points were lille using to lead psg when tuchel was sacked? Was it 10 or 15? Did he not lose the league on the last game day to lille? Pochettino laboured to beat bayern without lewadoski over two legs using away goals. They went to semifinals and didn't even give apari much problems with his quality team. But tuchel shut down apari with one of the weakest teams in the competition. The next season was even worse with him bottling 2-0 to real Madrid that looked finished. Tuchel almost came back from 3-1 down to beat them if not for that modric genuis. Pochettino that parks the bus plenty times against big teams is the one with better attacking tactics and he could not win one cup with it before psg. grin.

Football is not 1+1=2.

The same Pochettino who couldn't pep Guardiola with PSG beat pep Guardiola with Tottenham.........how about that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2022
kingBolton:

Don't worry it is when Man United and Arsenal finish above you your eyes go soon clear.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2022
Unlimited22:

Lmao
I never wán entér this argument

Them for call Ole and Rangnick join

You don't need to enter just accept he is tactically better Tuchel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2022
nateevs:
Couldn't watch the game yesterday. Just watching the full game and damn, sometimes you have to take the reactions in here with a pinch of salt.

15 mins and we've been absolutely top class. I mean everyone.

I am surprised how far back VAR had to come to override the penalty. Wasn't that the same thing we were asking for against Spurs (Havertz incident) and they said it was too far back?

grin
Some viewers no dey calm down. I remember telling Donstan after the first half that i expected Sterling to deliver in the 2nd and he did.

Impressive performance , but Vardy also helped out with his wastefulness. cool

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2022
popizaino:

Winning Trophy isn't the same as having Tactics. Save me stress of typing plenty words jare. All I will keep saying is that he has superior tactics than Thomas Tuchel. Our Coach rode on the back of being an underdog to do well with us in his first season, now that we now seen as favourites we can see how clueless he has been.
What is the essence of having tactics if it's not to compete and win trophies? We know tuchel has been clueless severally after winning the champions league as an underdog but pochettino has failed as both an underdog and overdog if there is something called that. Pochettino was fighting leceister for premier league in 2016 and bottled it. He did well to go to champions league final and didn't really do well to equalize. I'm sure if salah didn't score that early pk Klopp will have destroyed him. The next year he turned totenham to a midtable team before he was sacked. We should get somebody better to replace tuchel not pochettino with his so called superior tactics.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:

beating Arsenal in November is not the point, but nor repeating our past previous matches again till the season ends. For now the team is still playing trash they have played all year

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
airmark:

grin
Some viewers no dey calm down. I remember telling Donstan after the first half that i expected Sterling to deliver in the 2nd and he did.

Impressive performance , but Vardy also helped out with his wastefulness. cool

Walahi I was expecting the first 11 to be sold after the game.

I just got to the red card incident. Naive decisions by Connor for two yellows. Based on the reactions here, I thought he was playing rubbish before he got sent off. He wasn't. On the contrary, he was brilliant and it certainly isn't his last game for Chelsea going by his general output before the sending off.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15369) (15370) (15371) (15372) (15373) (15374) (15375) ... (19774) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jodera, sunnychibs(m), Unlimited22, airmark(m), Jskelly11, Danielhaywire and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.