Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,818 members, 7,872,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10780556 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16417) (16418) (16419) (16420) (16421) (16422) (16423) ... (19487) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
People calling out and hating on mumugate and the England NT for benching Trent

But I'm yet to see anyone call out Santos and Portugal for benching cancelo

The hate and double standards undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
Leyqute:

The goal is to make foden make a mistake. Committing himself that early will definitely not force him into making a mistake.
How?
He was like 5 meters away from Foden when the ball was passed to him, and he took Foden less than 0.01 sec before he released the pass to Kane.
How do you expect him to force Foden to make mistake when everything happened less than 0.01 nano sec?
Many times we blame the defenders instead of us to hail the attackers.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
Leyqute:

How is forcing Foden to delay a pass the same thing as allowing him to run unchallenged to the goal?

Bros you no play real life football o.

Foden does not have to make a pass, he has the option of running towards goal unchallenged since CSO should be focusing on Kane who doesnt have the ball

Koulibali moving towards Foden was why he made the pass if Koulibali had backed off Foden will have no problem strolling towards Mendy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
airmark:

It doesn't work that way at top level. Na your type of defender dey collect dribble anyhow and make your keeper look bad. Coach will have no choice than to send you to train with development team.

This is Boateng in a world cup final vs Messi and Aguero if he had gone to back away like in your useless drills Messi will face Neuer and there will be no world cup for Germany

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
Leyqute:

How is forcing Foden to delay a pass the same thing as allowing him to run unchallenged to the goal?

Bros you no play real life football o.

You wey play real life football we see am for your body

Who told you Foden will always make a pass, what if he goes straight like Salah did vs Bertrand instead of passing to Firmino
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
airmark:

It doesn't work that way at top level. Na your type of defender dey collect dribble anyhow and make your keeper look bad. Coach will have no choice than to send you to train with development team.

Collecting dribble is not a big deal, Only useless defenders go dey fear dribble while their team is conceding chances and losing

Na your type dey glorify useless dribbles like its the end of football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Flick is a good coach ,the German fa knows better than you

Enrique remains Spanish best national team coach after del Bosque

Local man is returning to club football ,watch how teams will quee to get him

Na you name am?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
popizaino:

Na you name am?

For the national team egbon

The great guardiola is Spanish best manager
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
MorataFC:
He failed woefully at his primary assignment.
He has no excuse for not qualifying from a group that has costa Rica and Japan, German national team has a history as the most successful nation in the world cup after Brazil, I know many of you will call for the head of Nigeria coach if he fails to qualify from an easy group, but he's a German, he's a sacred man.

Football isn't simple arithmetic. Yes, Hansi Flick should have qualified from the group but since he didn't, the next thing for Germany football federation is to look at other variables like this ;

Did the Germany team played well?
Did they control their games in key moments?
Did they create more chances than their opponents?

Which of this did Hansi flick team failed at? Ideally, if a team did all this,they should qualify from any group but since they didn't, no sensible federation would sack such a coach unless you are corrupt like Nigerian FA.You can't base your decisions on sacking the coach on just some result that wasn't really convincing.

Is this how you would have asked Bayern Munich board to sack Jupp heckneys in 2012 when he lost every competition they played if you were a fan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
MorataFC:
Many like to push agenda, no defender buried, dead or alive that can stop any of those players, unless if Foden or Kane made a mistake.

No one is pushing agenda,everything has been explained by capdan12 in simple details. Anything after his clear explanation is a strawman argument.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
CAPdan21:

Instead of you pushing your own agenda try to follow the conversation, when VVD defended that same situation, Raumdeuter tried to demean his efforts by saying he was running away...VVD did the only thing he could have done, it worked and rightly won plaudits for it, if he had failed no one would have turned a hair cuz the odds were already stacked against him... It's like a keeper saving a penalty by waiting for the ball to be kicked instead of diving early and instead of winning plaudits for it you start blaming the attacker for what he did not do well..

I don't know what is difficult to understand here?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
MorataFC:
How?
He was like 5 meters away from Foden when the ball was passed to him, and he took Foden less than 0.01 sec before he released the pass to Kane.
How do you expect him to force Foden to make mistake when everything happened less than 0.01 nano sec?
Many times we blame the defenders instead of us to hail the attackers.

Instead of running towards Foden, he could’ve baited him. Him committing early was the main reason Foden passed quickly to Kane to eliminate him.

I don’t know why this is hard for you to understand or see.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

Foden does not have to make a pass, he has the option of running towards goal unchallenged since CSO should be focusing on Kane who doesnt have the ball

Koulibali moving towards Foden was why he made the pass if Koulibali had backed off Foden will have no problem strolling towards Mendy

If he had backed off Foden won’t have a fee run at goal. He’ll still have Koulibali to contend with. Backing off doesn’t mean leaving him alone.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

Collecting dribble is not a big deal, Only useless defenders go dey fear dribble while their team is conceding chances and losing

Na your type dey glorify useless dribbles like its the end of football

You must have seen many that banished calamitous Boathand away from Germany.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

When you are outnumbered you try to snuff out the immediate threat not retreat like a coward and hope everyone will be a Sisoko to baloon the ball

I swear to God you don't know ball .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

You wey play real life football we see am for your body

Who told you Foden will always make a pass, what if he goes straight like Salah did vs Bertrand instead of passing to Firmino

He can go straight and score. But that will be a more difficult path than squaring it for Kane to go 1-1 vs an advancing Mendy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
swiz123:

He doesn't need to back away, he just needs to stay in line to block the passing lane while giving himself an opportunity to chase after foden if he decides to run straight toward goal.

Except if you are taunting airmark, this is really easy to understand.

So you know this grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ibime:
Dayo done kuku tell una say he has no business or experience on football pitch, una dey try teach am basics.

Then he shouldn't come and be forming professor of football for us when he knows nothing.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
drisham:
People calling out and hating on mumugate and the England NT for benching Trent

But I'm yet to see anyone call out Santos and Portugal for benching cancelo

The hate and double standards undecided

The result against France will determine what i will say about this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

This is Boateng in a world cup final vs Messi and Aguero if he had gone to back away like in your useless drills Messi will face Neuer and there will be no world cup for Germany

Apple and orange comparison
Aguero was not in full control of the ball like Sissoko or foden.

Woe betide Boateng let him mark Aguero if he was in full control of the ball.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

For the national team egbon

The great guardiola is Spanish best manager

Yes,i know and that's why i am asking you if you awarded the second best manager in spanish national team history?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ibime:
Dayo done kuku tell una say he has no business or experience on football pitch, una dey try teach am basics.
I tire o even more so they all know that he is never going to change is stance. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:16am On Dec 09, 2022
Leyqute:

Instead of running towards Foden, he could’ve baited him. Him committing early was the main reason Foden passed quickly to Kane to eliminate him.

I don’t know why this is hard for you to understand or see.
Yeah, is hard for me to understand blaming someone which odd is against, if it is 1v1 I can blame him because the chance will be 50/50 but this scenario is 2v1 which puts the odd as 90/10, the odd is against him, so you think Foden is naive and will fail to do the necessary thing if Koulibaly "baited" as you suggested? what could be the saving grace for him is either Foden or Kane made an error, aside from that I don't think a football fan will blame any defender in a 2 against-1 situation if the goal is eventually scored.
If you, Leyqute be Foden and Popizaino is Kane, will you miss that chance? grin

Please I want an affirmative answer.

YES OR NO

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:44am On Dec 09, 2022
All GOAT talk ends today

The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:23am On Dec 09, 2022
Ibime:
All GOAT talk ends today

The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain
haha. Ibims fighting Messi. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:26am On Dec 09, 2022
MorataFC:
Yeah, is hard for me to understand blaming someone which odd is against, if it is 1v1 I can blame him because the chance will be 50/50 but this scenario is 2v1 which puts the odd as 90/10, the odd is against him, so you think Foden is naive and will fail to do the necessary thing if Koulibaly "baited" as you suggested? what could be the saving grace for him is either Foden or Kane made an error, aside from that I don't think a football fan will blame any defender in a 2 against-1 situation if the goal is eventually scored.
If you, Leyqute be Foden and Popizaino is Kane, will you miss that chance? grin

Please I want an affirmative answer.

YES OR NO

Running from pillar to post was not the better option - not just because Kane scored but you don't defend a 2 v 1 by running upanda.
The use and understanding of space is the unseen magic force in football, whether as an attacking player or a defender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:19am On Dec 09, 2022
Leyqute:

If he had backed off Foden won’t have a fee run at goal. He’ll still have Koulibali to contend with. Backing off doesn’t mean leaving him alone.

The only way backing off will work is if Foden is foolish like Sissoko to balloon the ball
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:21am On Dec 09, 2022
airmark:

You must have seen many that banished calamitous Boathand away from Germany.

Every defender who achieve great things did not run away from being dribbled

The ones who run away from being dribbled will never achieve such
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:22am On Dec 09, 2022
popizaino:

I swear to God you don't know ball .

And you know ball? Don't make me laugh.
Hazard Coutinho are your rated players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:25am On Dec 09, 2022
Leyqute:

He can go straight and score. But that will be a more difficult path than squaring it for Kane to go 1-1 vs an advancing Mendy.
There is no way he will cover Foden successfully and Kane won't be open

The longer Koulibaly delays the more Foden advance and get dangerous
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:27am On Dec 09, 2022
popizaino:

Then he shouldn't come and be forming professor of football for us when he knows nothing.

I know more football in my toenails that you know
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:30am On Dec 09, 2022
popizaino:

Apple and orange comparison
Aguero was not in full control of the ball like Sissoko or foden.

Woe betide Boateng let him mark Aguero if he was in full control of the ball.

The only reason Aguero was not in full control was because Boateng charged at him. If he had backed away like a coward. Tell me what will happen

No world cup for Germany like Terry in England

(1) (2) (3) ... (16417) (16418) (16419) (16420) (16421) (16422) (16423) ... (19487) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, fredoooooo, onyeomaonyeoma(m), Jamiuokolla and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.