Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10781995 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16649) (16650) (16651) (16652) (16653) (16654) (16655) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:
The way Brazillians respect Messi and want him to win the World Cup despite being rivals ,mehn it’s so lovely and appreciative
everybody loves Messi ,Suarez , neymar, celebration for him are all genuine no faking,these guys know about the rivalry stuff going on forget they are keeping mum , Messi has assisted these players without grudge ,no how you will play around Messi you no chop assist tire ,I never see a player so selfless,that's why they're all Happy for him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
Brazil had no National league during Peles career. At that time, they only played State Championships, and Pele only played in the Paulista Championship (Sao Paulo), where the only big teams are Santos, Gremio, Palmeiras, Corinthians and Sao Paulo. . . . the other 15 teams in the league being mostly semi-professional teams and bunch of amateurs. . . . no wonder Pele dey score 1000 goals. . . . NONSENSE!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
Phraser:
Ibime,

Also, speaking of influence/legacy, how many of Pele's goals are instantly recognizable in popular culture? People know Messi's run against Getafe and Athletic Bilbao, his header against United and the out-of-the-box goal he scored against them in '11, his freekick goal against Liverpool, his solo run against Real Madrid on receiving a pass in the midfield from Busquets. And now I think the long-range shot he scored against Mexico in this World Cup and the assist he provided in the Netherlands game will enjoy that pop culture status.

So popular are these goals that they have become memes. Which of Pele's goals is in the popular imagination like any of the ones cited above? At least Maradona has the Hand of God goal and the famous run against England.

You can only talk of the ignorance of your generation

Peles goal in 1958 World Cup final is better than anything Messi ever did in World Cup, and if was done in final. Go and check it out. Peles header in 1970 final is an iconic goal they use to kick off all World Cup coverage. Peles banana freekick in World Cup, The man literally popularised the bicycle kick

No one is dragging popularity with Messi in this generation. After all 65% of the world's population is under 30 and only 10% over 65

Ask your elders who were iconic in their time . You never see them drag Pele with any other player like Messi did his whole career with Ronaldo until Emi Martinez gave him the final push. Pele was undisputed and totally dominant

Everybody that saw Pele is dead or in nursing home and he is still considered a GOAT. That's eternal GOAT shit.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
forgiveness:

U dey mind the dude? He is ignorant.

He is typing ignorance with confidence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
Omo shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
hensben:
Overall, messi is the greatest player to ever play this game. Pele only shone in one wc.

It's no longer 1. Now, na 2. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

He is typing ignorance with confidence

Walahi! Confidence without substantial facts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
Almajirihunter:

So where are we now

Pele, Messi, Maradona in that order

And I used to rate Maradona over Pele in my younger years. Every generation rate what they saw, but when you review the records and are removed from the euphoria of watching someone live, you will see Peles doings are unparalleled in terms of his dominance over his peers compared to Maradona dominance over his peers and Messi dominance over his peers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
Gooooooooal . F.uck Chelsea, Bleep burnley. grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
raumdeuter:
Hensben you wanted my opinion

See below

https://www.nairaland.com/430183/calling-lionel-messi-greatest-player/1#5892903
Thank you for this piece egbon.

Raumdeuter-
[b]Pele himself never singlehandedly win a world cup he was just part of the team.

In 1958 he was a 17yr old and Didi, Zagalo and Vava were greater than him in the Brazilian set up

In 1962 it was Garrinchas world cup with help from Zito and Vava. Only 2 players can be said to have won the world cup single handedly Garrincha 1962 and Maradona 1986

1970 was an all star team, Jaizinho, Carlos Alberto, Tostao, Gerson.

The Pele talk reminds me of old men in Nigeria who would always say "In the days of Odegbami and thunder Balogun" Football of those days are not technical at all, nothing like tactics, Its basically everybody enter the field. It was reported that the Brazilian team of 1982 even the keeper can dribble.

Pele na Bad belle dey worry am SIMPLE!!!! And anything pele says should be taken opposite. he say an African country winning the world cup before the end of last Century and it never happened, He saw godwin okpara winning Player of the year: the guy dey jail now, He said Nicky Butt and Emile Heskey would be the players of the tourney of japan Korea 2002 and they were dud throughout

Scolari once said If you are preparing a team, Ask for Peles advice and do the exact opposite. Anyone Pele recommends as striker should be the goalkeeper and anyone he says would be the star should be dropped!!![/b]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

Even if you are deliberately lazy, the 1970 World Cup is available in colour and on all media platforms

You are being deliberately foolish claiming a player with 3 World Cups, 12 non penalty goals, 10 assists in 14 games has no argument against a player with 8 non penalty goals and 8 assists in 25 games

Deliberately foolish claiming a player with 7 Balon d'Ors without playing Europe has no claim against a player with 7 Balon d'Ors in Europe

Deliberately foolish claiming a player with 750 non penalty goals in just 812 games despite playing midfield half his career has no claim against a forward with 682 non penalty goals in 1002 gamesa guy with 7 World Cup semifinal and final non-penalty goals has no claim against someoneinst Pele
if pele had played today, he will be far far ahead of messi. Becos the kind of talent pele has, messi doesn't have it. He was blessed with arrays of skills. Pele was literally the jack of all trade on the pitch of play.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bluelines69:
Omo shocked

This is the clue I gave you Pessimist generation to use against Pele yesterday but none of you are grounded in football to make legitimate arguments

Ibime:

None of these Indomie generation have brought good argument against Pele

Pele has one weakness you can use to argue against him, but nobody has mentioned it, because none of them are grounded

Ibime:

He got one statistical weakness Pessimists can use against him, and that lies in Brazilian State Championship structure
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bluelines69:
Omo shocked
well well well, fraudibeme contradicting himself, nothing new cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Phraser: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
forgiveness:

What gibberish! The bolded found you out already. It is laden with prejudice.

So, there's no Pele's clips online to watch on your phone, abi? Keep lying through your teeth.

Some people can lie, sha. grin

So there are more of Pele's clips than those of Ronaldo and Messi online?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimmarlykay(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
popizaino:

What is gibberish in this?

So why didn't he win to further butress his point?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
everybody loves Messi ,Suarez , neymar, celebration for him are all genuine no faking,these guys know about the rivalry stuff going on forget they are keeping mum , Messi has assisted these players without grudge ,no how you will play around Messi you no chop assist tire ,I never see a player so selfless,that's why they're all Happy for him
neymar is next in 2026. I see fifa rigging it in favor of brazil
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

Pele was already retired for 2 years before he went to New York. Europe doesn't come into play. He retired in Brazil and chilled for 2 years until New York threw money in his face

Dey disgrace dem dey go.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bluelines69:
Omo shocked

Expert17, TLona1 make una come read something ooo

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Ronaldo fans cheesy cheesy
Omo cr7 just gather toxic people as fan. Lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol Messi fans need to accept that not everyone is ever going to admit he's the GOAT.

Personally I would have never agreed but the World Cup changed that. Had he not won the World Cup omo I will dispute it to the death but since that didn't happen the defense has rested. Trophy and hardware is the only language I listen to

Just understand that if there are people that don't think Jordan is the GOAT of basketball then there will always be people that don't think Messi is the GOAT of football either. And it's a pointless exercise to keep arguing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:
cheesy cheesy

When the Netherlands equalized 2-2 the kind shout and vibration tension me ,even the game no tension me reach like that

That final come worst
All these drama made Messi wc win memorable and defeated all the agenda of the tournament being rigged for him. Is our God not wonderful.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
Arizoner:
neymar is next in 2026. I see fifa rigging it in favor of brazil
stop smoking

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
forgiveness:

Who teĺl say na one game Pele take win wc?

Argentina is what? You want to make excuses for Messi, abi? grin

Won two ojoro best player wey Blatter FIFA confirmed it was a big mistake. grin
Pele was carried to two wc win, he only did better in one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Phraser: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

You can only talk of the ignorance of your generation

Peles goal in 1958 World Cup final is better than anything Messi ever did in World Cup, and if was done in final. Go and check it out. Peles header in 1970 final is an iconic goal they use to kick off all World Cup coverage. Peles banana freekick in World Cup, The man literally popularised the bicycle kick

No one is dragging popularity with Messi in this generation. After all 65% of the world's population is under 30 and only 10% over 65

Ask your elders who were iconic in their time . You never see them drag Pele with any other player like Messi did his whole career with Ronaldo until Emi Martinez gave him the final push. Pele was undisputed and totally dominant

Everybody that saw Pele is dead or in nursing home and he is still considered a GOAT. That's eternal GOAT shit.

"Of your generation."

Condescension and ageism are not valid arguments, man.

So it is because of this generation's ignorance that there is no Pele goal that is instantly recognizable in modern-day pop culture or that is as ubiquitous as Maradona's solo run against England or Messi's solo run against Getafe?

You don't even know how to argue. You keep shifting the goal post and cannot maintain a syllogistic thought. First you said you were talking about greatness (which really is legacy/popularity) and not who the better player is, and then I talked about how Messi has more instantly recognizable goals in pop culture, and now you are contradicting yourself by saying that Pele's goal in the 1958 final is "better" than anything Messi scored in the World Cup (I thought we were talking about greatness, not who is better or has scored the better goals?)

Please read philosophy and learn logic. You clearly have a problem with maintaining a line of reasoning.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
raumdeuter:
Brazil had no National league during Peles career. At that time, they only played State Championships, and Pele only played in the Paulista Championship (Sao Paulo), where the only big teams are Santos, Gremio, Palmeiras, Corinthians and Sao Paulo. . . . the other 15 teams in the league being mostly semi-professional teams and bunch of amateurs. . . . no wonder Pele dey score 1000 goals. . . . NONSENSE!
yet he dominated the world stage
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibukzy:
No football player had ever won FIVE man-of-the-match awards in a single World Cup campaign before. Not Pele, not Maradona.

Messi won FIVE at the age of 35 years in the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. Who can question his greatness?

Fraudulent man of the match.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

This is the clue I gave you Pessimist generation to use against Pele yesterday but none of you are grounded in football to make legitimate arguments

So you’re just arguing against yourself at this point because you clearly said the old man should go and sit down with his 5km per game running era cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Phraser:

"Of your generation."

Condescension and ageism are not valid arguments, man.

So it is because of this generation's ignorance that there is no Pele goal that is instantly recognizable in modern-day pop culture or that is as ubiquitous as Maradona's solo run against England or Messi's solo run against Getafe?

You don't even know how to argue. You keep shifting the goal post and cannot maintain a syllogistic thought. First you said you were talking about greatness (which really is legacy/popularity) and not who the better player is, and then I talked about how Messi has more instantly recognizable goals in pop culture, and now you are contradicting yourself by saying that Pele's goal in the 1958 final is "better" than anything Messi scored in the World Cup (I thought we were talking about greatness, not who is better or has scored the better goals?)

Please read philosophy and learn logic. You clearly have a problem with maintaining a line of reasoning.

You are the one with jumbled logic

You are conflating greatness with the popularity of your generation

Do you think Messi popularity will be the same in 60 years. DK yo know how popular Maradona was 30 years ago, or do you think Diana Ross would still be dragging popularity with Beyonce in this day and age

In Peles days, he was the most popular footballer with no dispute. Messi disputed with Ronaldo his whole career. So what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
Phraser:
Ibime,

Also, speaking of influence/legacy, how many of Pele's goals are instantly recognizable in popular culture? People know Messi's run against Getafe and Athletic Bilbao, his header against United and the out-of-the-box goal he scored against them in '11, his freekick goal against Liverpool, his solo run against Real Madrid on receiving a pass in the midfield from Busquets. And now I think the long-range shot he scored against Mexico in this World Cup and the assist he provided in the Netherlands game will enjoy that pop culture status.

So popular are these goals that they have become memes. Which of Pele's goals is in the popular imagination like any of the ones cited above? At least Maradona has the Hand of God goal and the famous run against England.
you reek of myopia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibukzy:
Vitinha is Portuguese

Yea that was a mistake.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
A40:
Remind me how many goals and assists Modric provided.

And don't tell me he's a midfielder. Wesley Sneijder scored 5 goals from midfield, Lothar Matthaus scored 4 as a libero
Whats the primary job of a CM? Does Croatia have more talent than Portugal? What stop your cr7 who is a goal machine from leading his team to final or semi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
Arizoner:
if pele had played today, he will be far far ahead of messi. Becos the kind of talent pele has, messi doesn't have it. He was blessed with arrays of skills. Pele was literally the jack of all trade on the pitch of play.

Lemao. You will see this kind of post and you will just laugh. grin grin

You arguments doesn't mean and give you the right to say this against PELE.

It is ignorance, if it is not ignorance, it is blasphemy.

Bro youtube dey for you to watch na. There is nothing anybody in the GOAT or Great argument has done, that PELE didn't do. No skill, no run, no type of goal.

There are videos to back this up.

EDITED: No mind me, the manU game don go make me read your post upside down. I just read am well now. No vex

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16649) (16650) (16651) (16652) (16653) (16654) (16655) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.