Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,267 members, 7,887,782 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:44 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10860386 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18679) (18680) (18681) (18682) (18683) (18684) (18685) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 4:29pm On Feb 02
hensben:
Maino is good I like him but Enzo is better than him.
What of Pogba?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 4:32pm On Feb 02
Our squad planning in the past 12 months has been abysmal & the coach isn't helping matters with profiling players..
When everyone is fit. Who starts , who is better coming of the bench and who goes.
That's from the defense to attack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02
Ibime:
It's like Nwabali might be fit tonight. Hallelujah

Unchanged lineup from the team that beat Cameroon.

That manager don gradually don dey get sense. That’s how you build a tourney winning side. Don’t alter a strong setup. Let them strike a chemistry in a game or two and they’re going all the way to the Final.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

This current season Real Madrid has conceded 14 goals in 22 LA Iiga games
While Chelsea has conceded 35 goals in the same 22 games

By January your team has conceded 35 goals with 16 games to go

How many teams have won the league with a goals against of more than 35. Most league winners in epl don't even concede 35 goals in a 38 games your team has conceded

This season you are 8th in goals scored but 10th in goals conceded. Yet you don't think your major problem is in your defence?

Nothing concerned you with us topping the 'big chances missed' chart, in your wack submission, right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 4:46pm On Feb 02
Samuel Eto'o : " I am still in Cote D'Ivoire learning about the next steps we need to take for us to be patriotic again.

There is something about South Africa and Angola. They play with a great deal of African based Players.

The hunger is unbelievable. They are representing Africa because they mostly play here not abroad. We will start mixing players who plays in Africa and abroad.

The level is close . Sad currently we have few who plays in south Africa, Tunisia, Morocco or Egypt.

These are good African leagues with productive development. We are now open to give Call ups to any Cameroonian who is good at his Job despite where he plays his football.

Our attention with my staff Will be to spread the net all over Africa giving a chance to every player who deserves to play for the indomitable lions. "
Eto really serious, lol.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:49pm On Feb 02
The thing about this defence and attack ish with respect to Chelsea team is that it's the attack hounding them down and not really the defence even though stats might say otherwise on a surface level.

We know that football nowadays is like a system. Where one part isn't functioning effectively, the other part might suffer. Many times this season, Chelsea will have clear cut chances to score. Clean chances that average striker like Chris Woods will even convert, yet, they'll flounder it. Now, missing big chances once isn't a big issue, but missing big chances over and over and over again IN A PARTICULAR MATCH is a very big issue especially at a big club like Chelsea and a league that can ruthlessly make you pay for your big chances like EPL.
We all know that Chelsea as a big team needs to win, so when playing all these smaller sides they're EXPECTED to win not even draw. So once they keep on missing this chances over and over again, it would have an effect on the defence which would make them push higher up in order to compensate for the attacking bodies. Invariably it would embolden the opposition team that once they can get a chance, then and they score it means they're not going away with zero points. And even if they don't score, A draw against Chelsea is not a bad result right?.
That's the cause of so many dropped points this season.

I mean, check the number of expected goals and big chances missed and you'll see that Chelsea top the chart. It's no coincidence!!.....

Cont...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:54pm On Feb 02
airmark:
Nothing concerned you with us topping the 'big chances missed' chart, in your wack submission, right?

Liverpool is topping the league and topping the big chances missed

Your team has missed the same amount of big chances as Everton and Newcastle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Omoluabi16(m): 5:01pm On Feb 02
Pure profit.. pure profit naim make Chelsea wan sell anything sellable from Cobham. How have man City made more profit from their academy sales, when they only began to have a decent from 2019 upward? Chelsea youth teams have won back to back to back titles, so why are we behind? Very very poor management.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

Liverpool is topping the league and topping the big chances missed

Your team has missed the same amount of big chances as Everton and Newcastle

Topping with 1 big chance missed I guess.

Liverpool have more shots and 51 goals scored against our 36, to show that they have a more effective attack. Among the top 10 teams we had the lowest shots on goal, that defines our impotent attack.

Last season Spurs conceded 63 goals and still topped us with our better 47 goals conceded. Your guess is as good as mine, as their attack was better than ours.

You outscore your opponents to get maximum 3 points in matches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:06pm On Feb 02
Cont....

I'll give numerous examples starting with Arsenal (my club).

Arsenal: At 2-0 up, Palmer had the chance to make it 3-0 with a one on one after dispossessing was it Gabriel. He squandered such a big chance.
Jackson had a pure one on one with keeper and he decided to dribble him. He fluffed it. Another big chance missed.
The first goal we scored by GK mistake actually emboldened us and we would have almost won it since 2-0 is always a dangerous scoreline(against a big team)

Aston Villa: Sterling had one on one with two options to pass to but he acted both selfishly and he couldn't even convert it. A big chance missed.
Jackson also had another big chance to put the game ahead, yet he fluffed his line too.
This actually emboldened Villa coupled with the red card to Gusto (I think), there's always one winner.
You can use same exact scenario against Everton but In this case it ended 2-0 (loss obviously)

Brentford: Missed chance upon missed chances until Brentford scored their first goal. So many culprits.
The second goal happened because of Chelsea was trailing and they needed to get something — anything out of the game.

I can go on and on on how Chelsea attackers missed chances actually put pressure on the defence and consequently on the team losing.

Lastly, to further prove the point. How many times have Chelsea scored first against a small/midtable team and actually lost or drew the game?. I doubt it has happened this season and even if it has, I doubt it's more than twice.

We can blame defence for because goal conceded says so but those who watched Chelsea this season knows that lack of quality attack that's causing this losses.

It's like a car which has engine problem and refuse to start but we blame the steering for not directing the car to move the way we want then claim the steering isn't working.

Fix the attack and the defence will sort itself. Not necessarily title contenders yet but at least top 4 contenders !!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Incognito9: 5:13pm On Feb 02
Nwabali start
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:13pm On Feb 02
Jodera:
Cont....

Arsenal: At 2-0 up, Palmer had the chance to make it 3-0 with a one on one after dispossessing was it Gabriel. He squandered such a big chance.
Jackson had a pure one on one with keeper and he decided to dribble him. He fluffed it. Another big chance missed.
The first goal we scored by GK mistake actually emboldened us and we would have almost won it since 2-0 is always a dangerous scoreline(against a big team)

Aston Villa: Sterling had one on one with two options to pass to but he acted both selfishly and he couldn't even convert it. A big chance missed.
Jackson also had another big chance to put the game ahead, yet he fluffed his line too.
This actually emboldened Villa coupled with the red card to Gusto (I think), there's always one winner.
You can use same exact scenario against Everton but In this case it ended 2-0 (loss obviously)

Brentford: Missed chance upon missed chances until Brentford scored their first goal. So many culprits.
The second goal happened because of Chelsea was trailing and they needed to get something — anything out of the game.

I can go on and on on how Chelsea attackers missed chances actually put pressure on the defence and consequently on the team losing.

Lastly, to further prove the point. How many times have Chelsea scored first against a small/midtable team and actually lost or drew the game?. I doubt it has happened this season and even if it has, I doubt it's more than twice.

We can blame defence for because goal conceded says so but those who watched Chelsea this season knows that lack of quality attack that's causing this losses.

It's like a car which has engine problem and refuse to start but we blame the steering for not directing the car to move the way we want then claim the steering isn't working.

Fix the attack and the defence will sort itself. Not necessarily title contenders yet but at least top 4 contenders !!

Timbros, like in Yoruba, Omo ti o ba gba eko nile ati ita ni won ma ti ko (a child that refuses to get home training, will be disgracefully trained from outside).

Imagine an Arsenal fan educating a Chelsea fan of decades, like a juvenile. I am ashamed. cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Incognito9: 5:15pm On Feb 02
Same Xi.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 5:22pm On Feb 02
Jodera:
Cont....

The second goal happened be upcause of Chelsea was trailing and they needed to get something — anything out of the game.

This post is so comical.

Arsenal:
* Imagine blaming the attack for a game we were leading 2:0. Do you know how funny that is.

Everton:
According to you we were missing so many chances yet we had zero big chances in that game yet Everton had 2 and more combined Xg than us.

Brentford:
Same thing as against Everton. Brentford had 5 big chances compared to our 2. Now let's assume both teams took all their chances what would have been the scoreline.

You have given examples of Chelsea missing chances without telling us the ones our opponents had thanks to our poor defense and set up.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

This current season Real Madrid has conceded 14 goals in 22 LA Iiga games
While Chelsea has conceded 35 goals in the same 22 games

By January your team has conceded 35 goals with 16 games to go

How many teams have won the league with a goals against of more than 35. Most league winners in epl don't even concede 35 goals in a 38 games your team has conceded

This season you are 8th in goals scored but 10th in goals conceded. Yet you don't think your major problem is in your defence?

Just come out plain and tell us to sign more defenders so that we can so that we won't conceded any goal in a season. You think the problem of Chelsea goal scoring has been this season?

For all your one sided analysis, we even concede similar goals to real Madrid than the wide gap between our goal scored. Why don't you emphasis on that. I guess you don't wear the shoe and you simply don't know were it hurts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:35pm On Feb 02
Kimbeast:

This post is so comical.

Arsenal:
* Imagine blaming the attack for a game we were leading 2:0. Do you know how funny that is.

Everton:
According to you we were missing so many chances yet we had zero big chances in that game yet Everton had 2 and more combined Xg than us.

Brentford:
Same thing as against Everton. Brentford had 5 big chances compared to our 2. Now let's assume both teams took all their chances what would have been the scoreline.

You have given examples of Chelsea missing chances without telling us the ones our opponents had thanks to our poor defense and set up.
Arsenal is a big team and any mistake that leads to goal at 2-0 down will actually embolden the opposition top team esp if it's a mistake. If you get a chance to demoralise a big team, at least do it with no margin of error being capitalized. Failure to do so the momentum will most times swing. It's mostly mostly happening

Actually, I mistook Everton for wolves (the match Sterling dispossessed a defender then fluffed his lines with selfishness)

The Chelsea this season hardly concedes big chances when on the ascendancy. It's always whenever they're looking for goals.

But most of the big chances missed by Chelsea is mostly at 0-0. Here on Matchdays will prove such points. Like I said, the pressure to win is not always on the small team but on a big team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:39pm On Feb 02
popizaino:

Just come out plain and tell us to sign more defenders so that we can so that we won't conceded any goal in a season. You think the problem of Chelsea goal scoring has been this season?

For all your one sided analysis, we even concede similar goals to real Madrid than the wide gap between our goal scored. Why don't you emphasis on that. I guess you don't wear the shoe and you simply don't know were it hurts.

How is 14 similar to 35?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 5:54pm On Feb 02
Jodera:

Arsenal is a big team and any mistake that leads to goal at 2-0 down will actually embolden the opposition top team esp if it's a mistake. If you get a chance to demoralise a big team, at least do it with no margin of error being capitalized. Failure to do so the momentum will most times swing. It's mostly mostly happening

Actually, I mistook Everton for wolves (the match Sterling dispossessed a defender then fluffed his lines with selfishness)

The Chelsea this season hardly concedes big chances when on the ascendancy. It's always whenever they're looking for goals.

But most of the big chances missed by Chelsea is mostly at 0-0. Here on Matchdays will prove such points. Like I said, the pressure to win is not always on the small team but on a big team
This is just an excuse. The attack put Chelsea two nil up. Any blame for that Arsenal game rests solely on the defense and their brain fart.

* Even against wolves they still created 3 big chances to our two. You can check sofascore. Sterling miss was in the first half and we both each missed a big chance in that half.

*The battering we took against Liverpool and United happened in the first half at 0:0, Manchester City had 4 big chances against us in the first half as well missing 2 while we had 1. The battering at Luton happened at 3:0 up where Luton had 4 big chances in the 2nd half. Any team this season that has set up to attack has destroyed us completely creating chances upon chances with ease. Smaller teams paying us too much respect and setting up not to attack is even why our goal conceded is still at 36.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Feb 02
Omoh this one hot o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 6:10pm On Feb 02
Thank God for Nwabali... We for collect bu la la

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:15pm On Feb 02
No be handball be that? shiior. undecided

These commentators though? na real wa. Lukman is now Iwobi and the way they pronounce Aina like Heyna? smh

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 6:18pm On Feb 02
Jodera:
The thing about this defence and attack ish with respect to Chelsea team is that it's the attack hounding them down and not really the defence even though stats might say otherwise on a surface level.

We know that football nowadays is like a system. Where one part isn't functioning effectively, the other part might suffer. Many times this season, Chelsea will have clear cut chances to score. Clean chances that average striker like Chris Woods will even convert, yet, they'll flounder it. Now, missing big chances once isn't a big issue, but missing big chances over and over and over again IN A PARTICULAR MATCH is a very big issue especially at a big club like Chelsea and a league that can ruthlessly make you pay for your big chances like EPL.
We all know that Chelsea as a big team needs to win, so when playing all these smaller sides they're EXPECTED to win not even draw. So once they keep on missing this chances over and over again, it would have an effect on the defence which would make them push higher up in order to compensate for the attacking bodies. Invariably it would embolden the opposition team that once they can get a chance, then and they score it means they're not going away with zero points. And even if they don't score, A draw against Chelsea is not a bad result right?.
That's the cause of so many dropped points this season.

I mean, check the number of expected goals and big chances missed and you'll see that Chelsea top the chart. It's no coincidence!!.....

Cont...
Very simple.

Just that people like Zimbros, Airtank and Ramudata likes to argue unnecessary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:19pm On Feb 02
Aina plays like Reece James.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:20pm On Feb 02
Is Zaidu a footballer or a plumber ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 6:21pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

That guy na short 1....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

More like a bundle zinc roofer grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02
swiz123:

More like a bundle zinc roofer grin

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02
Why this coach no wan play Aina for left and Osayi-Samuel for right. This Zaidu I no understand am at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 6:26pm On Feb 02
olabode89:
Why this coach no wan play Aina for left and Osayi-Samuel for right. This Zaidu I no understand am at all.
Him and Ajayi are the obvious weak links here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:27pm On Feb 02
How are we playing? I just enter match now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 6:27pm On Feb 02
Ibime:
How are we playing? I just enter match now
Zaidu Sanusi is a carpenter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02
Iwobi is not from Okocha bloodline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18679) (18680) (18681) (18682) (18683) (18684) (18685) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.