Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:14 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10880863 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19656) (19657) (19658) (19659) (19660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15
Sportsweb:
You never begin cry. Jude Bellingham is winning it
Euro nations cup>>Ucl
Epl=la liga
Rodriโ€™s impact for city and Spain>>Bellinghamโ€™s impact for England and Real Madrid.

Simple mathematics, Rodri is your next ballon d or holder.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:40pm On Jul 15
I'm actually tired of this Messi discussion. This js not the inter miami, Argentina or VoughtHQ thread. Please take your lurid tales of the compound V infused dwarf away from here..

Airmark as a mod can't you ban these fรผckers?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 8:43pm On Jul 15
Vischy:
Curse is when England had harry Kane and arsenal bottlers in first 11 and expect to win Euro 2024.

The curse is real.
Raya plays for england?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ijustwantto: 8:49pm On Jul 15
You say watin?? Can you please retype without crying ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
nihilistjnr:
I'm actually tired of this Messi discussion. This js not the inter miami, Argentina or VoughtHQ thread. Please take your lurid tales of the compound V infused dwarf away from here..

Airmark as a mod can't you ban these fรผckers?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:54pm On Jul 15
raumdeuter:

Are you saying Decline Rice played 12 whole months for club and country with nothing to show for it? While Morata captained his team to the trophy

Morata, the great striker with 1 goal in 7 matches. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 9:01pm On Jul 15
Vischy:
๐Ÿšฉ Final Ballon d'Or rankings by Goal:

๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ 1. Rodri
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท 2. Vinicius
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ 3. Bellingham
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ 4. Carvajal
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท 5. Lautaro
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช 6. Kroos
๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท 7. Mbappe
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ 8. Kane
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ 9. Foden
๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ 10. Nico Williams

They should have added cucuruku to the top 10 ranking.
Foolish goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 9:07pm On Jul 15
hensben:
Euro nations cup>>Ucl
Epl=la liga
Rodriโ€™s impact for city and Spain>>Bellinghamโ€™s impact for England and Real Madrid.

Simple mathematics, Rodri is your next ballon d or holder.
Go carry am give Rodri ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 9:08pm On Jul 15
Messi fans just Dey enjoy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ijustwantto: 9:17pm On Jul 15
Messi don overfeed us ooooo. Dis is too much ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ
andrewbaba44:
Messi fans just Dey enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:17pm On Jul 15
Cucurella sang for Neville, Raumdeuter and A40. grin

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9dAjVGts1Z/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 9:18pm On Jul 15
Donโ€™t worry guys, football returns in 9 days at the Olympics..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:20pm On Jul 15
airmark:

Morata, the great striker with 1 goal in 7 matches. grin grin

Dovbyk, Sesko Scammaca and Lukaku had how many goals combined?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15
afrodoc2:
I don't hate England as a country. I even like some of the players (Mainoo, Palmer, Saka etc). But just cos of the insufferable fans long may their woes continue.

Nothing is coming home. EVER.

It will surely come home when we least expect.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by omotola90(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15
Jodera:

It seems Palmer is the jinx Lord after all grin grin

COLE PALMER Scored the last GOAL that took CHELSEA to CARABAO CUP.... CHELSEA Lost in the CARABAO CUP Final.๐Ÿ™„

COLE PALMER late Goal against MANCHESTER UNITED took CHELSEA to EUROPA LEAGUE.....at the end of the Season CHELSEA Lose EUROPA LEAGUE Spot.๐Ÿคฆ

COLE PALMER Scored against SPAIN in the Final.... ENGLAND went ahead to lose the Final.โœ๏ธ

When you guys are chasing something and COLE PALMER Scores.. just know you are losing๐Ÿ™….

HARRY KANE and COLE PALMER have Scored 74 Goals for CLUB & COUNTRY without winning any Trophy.

โ›ณ KANE & PALMER are like 6&9..... even if you turn it upside down it will still be the same ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

No be me Tok am oo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
bros, you don old o, so palmer no win champions league? or super cup? what are u saying fgs

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15
andrewbaba44:

Without Bellingham England should have been sent home since

That 95 minutes equalizer says everything

He also won them the group stage ,he was easily their best player against Spain despite not starting well

Maybe without him,they wouldn't have had to wait for a 95mins equaliser.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fatherofnone(m): 9:34pm On Jul 15
they said remove the goals
ronaldo is nothing
you said goals are everything in football
me i said how the ball got into the net is beyond the goals nd i showed you how nd why process does it
you're yet to bust my bubbles
monerozi5590:

It seems you are the one deviating. My stance is there's nothing beyond goalscoring in football. Someone said football is beyond goalscoring and I said NO.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15
The biggest challenge Maresca will have will be facing teams that use the low block and are reluctant to press in Chelsea's half. From 2017, the last time Chelsea won the PL, they have struggled against lower blocks and counter-attacking teams. Sarri, Lampard, Tuchel, Potter and Pochettino were unable to create an effective and consistent strategy against those kind of oppositions. Stamford Bridge has a relatively small pitch compared to other PL teams.

So, the advantages of positional play (at least the way Maresca plays it) are in a way compromised, especially when it comes to using width to spread opposition defences. Also, when you look at all the Chelsea teams that won the PL, they were not possession based teams.

They were physical, high intensity, pragmatic and fast paced teams. They knew how to be very attractive (2009-10 & 2014-15) but with more physical, free-flowing and aggressive approaches than positional play. All in all, it's going to be a difficult challenge for Maresca to overcome.

I came across the above post from a chelsea fan and thought it is interesting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 9:44pm On Jul 15
Euros proved what I already knew about Declan Rice. We dodged a bullet.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Realtord43: 10:00pm On Jul 15
Capaldi:
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:23pm On Jul 15
Singapore1:
The biggest challenge Maresca will have will be facing teams that use the low block and are reluctant to press in Chelsea's half. From 2017, the last time Chelsea won the PL, they have struggled against lower blocks and counter-attacking teams. Sarri, Lampard, Tuchel, Potter and Pochettino were unable to create an effective and consistent strategy against those kind of oppositions. Stamford Bridge has a relatively small pitch compared to other PL teams.

So, the advantages of positional play (at least the way Maresca plays it) are in a way compromised, especially when it comes to using width to spread opposition defences. Also, when you look at all the Chelsea teams that won the PL, they were not possession based teams.

They were physical, high intensity, pragmatic and fast paced teams. They knew how to be very attractive (2009-10 & 2014-15) but with more physical, free-flowing and aggressive approaches than positional play. All in all, it's going to be a difficult challenge for Maresca to overcome.

I came across the above post from a chelsea fan and thought it is interesting
From all Maresca scouting report I have seen he is just another Pep copycat. Hopefully he is not the boring version like Enrique. I don't have time for pointless and boring possession football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 10:29pm On Jul 15
Crynaldos .. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:33pm On Jul 15
drisham:

You left out where Cole Palmer scored in the supercup final and won it

All these yarns no hold water
super cup finals na Man City na grin grin

Na for Chelsea the jinx start
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:34pm On Jul 15
drisham:

Person wey no even wear socks all through the competition ๐Ÿ˜‚
You sure about this??

Check well esp the group stage match and come back if you're sure grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:35pm On Jul 15
Godstime001:
What is saying is correct in a way. Saka carry badluck. Watch it Arsenal would never win a tangible trophy with him on board.
Is Fa cup trophy tangible or not?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:35pm On Jul 15
omotola90:
bros, you don old o, so palmer no win champions league? or super cup? what are u saying fgs
What I'm saying is that Palmer Jinx started at Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:36pm On Jul 15
TLona1:

At least we recognise France and footballing Giants cos they've shown workings... England??
Why are we pretending England doesn't have a World cup trophy?

No be every big nation fit boast of am oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:37pm On Jul 15
popizaino:

Maybe without him,they wouldn't have had to wait for a 95mins equaliser.

Lol Haba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstime001: 10:37pm On Jul 15
Jodera:

Is Fa cup trophy tangible or not?
No not tangible enough. EPL , champions league Euros world Cup, club world Cup Europa and super Cup.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15
raumdeuter:

Dovbyk, Sesko Scammaca and Lukaku had how many goals combined?

They didn't play 7 matches.

Morata will go down as one captain that got bundled out of Euros final match early, because of his uselessness and his replacement scored the winner. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:42pm On Jul 15
Godstime001:
No not tangible enough. EPL , champions league Euros world Cup, club world Cup Europa and super Cup.
Who made fa not tangible enough?

You??

Biko, don't make me laugh grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15
Capaldi:

One of Raumdeuter's victims here, airing his view.

Where were you when he was bailing Arsenal out in the midfield last season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:52pm On Jul 15
Android17:
LOL.

Classic example.

England vs Switzerland - England's second best game of the entire competition.
England vs Netherlands - England's best game.

Foden plays his natural position and is the best player on the pitch in both games.

Southgate delegates that player to mark Rodri and follow him around the pitch.

Nairalanders: Foden did not score. 007.

That's what I'm supposed to take seriously. grin

Only someone who'll look at stats ONLY would say Foden didn't try when they switched to 343 and he moved into midfield. There's a reason England play also improved

Was just very disappointed in his game against Spain cos that's where he would have imposed himself as their Chief Am(aside man marking Rodri). It just proves he still have a lot to learn.

Put someone like Odegaard or young Modric with that role and they will do an excellent job on both facets of the game. He shouldn't have neglected one for the other

(1) (2) (3) ... (19656) (19657) (19658) (19659) (19660) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotola90(m), tshabalala, Bimmarlykay(m), airmark(m), Trevor012(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.