Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,616 members, 7,895,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10919255 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19677) (19678) (19679) (19680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstime001: 8:28am
Android17:
I am not defending Foden. If he was England's 10 with the team built around him and he failed, I'd pile on him. Just like I never let the nonsense spoken about Rodri stand when he was played as a CB. That time La Liga fans claimed Rodri was inferior to Busquets as the reason he was being played in an unnatural position. Remember that Spain? Yeah, losing for fun and being lackluster.

They've moved Rodri back to CDM and he is getting ballon d'or chants while Spain look like world beaters.

I even said, if Southgate had no plans to use Foden effectively. He should not be started. I already knew England won't win shii without him because he is currently their best player.

My argument for Foden is, nobody expected Rice and Mainoo to have any stats for not being advanced but then insist Foden must have those stats playing in an unnadvanced position. The logic is not computing.
But still didn't win shii with him. Why must special care be given to Foden? Players like Palmer ,Jude were played anywhere but they turn out fine. I think Hensben is kind of right. Foden is a system player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 9:57am
Godstime001:
But still didn't win shii with him. Why must special care be given to Foden? Players like Palmer ,Jude were played anywhere but they turn out fine. I think Hensben is kind of right. Foden is a system player.
They did not win without him. You're yet to see if they'll win with him. Ronaldo was in Brazil's worldcup squad in 1994 but nobody attributes the trophy to him. Foden didn't have an important role.

No Palmer was brought on as an impact player, so England were reacting when he came on which means they were being motivated to attack. They started many games defending.

Jude did not play well. You are either excited by the stats or the hype around the stats. If you believe he played well it is your cup of tea. He did not. The majority agree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 9:58am
BlueAngel444:
your logic is an obvious error na, what nonsense is unadvanced position.

Foden that doesn't defend in city became a defender in England in your eyes, it goes to show you are blind, he only dropped deep to pick up the ball and run forward with it, was dispossessed so many things that he could be called a defensive error.

Your city isn't even built around Foden yet you want England to be built upon sand, well Southgate tried and they sank. Foden is the real reason England lost the euros, he was so useless he made others around him useless. From entering their position like a confused positionless player, to inability to properly pick a pass. I guess passes to moving players isn't a strong point.

People talk about Haaland's drop off, well the difference is Foden and Haaland may have possibly been helping him. Even before the euros there were those who felt city's best player was Rodri not Foden.

You are now telling us that Foden is a CDM abi. will you shut up there, even Bellingham that dropped deep to defend alot of times still had way way more impact that frauden Flopden foden
City built around Foden this last season with Erling and KDB out. He delivered the 4th EPL tile that no other great team had been able to achieve.

And I did not say Foden was a defender or a defensive player. But that Gareth gave him a difficult assignment knowing Spain would have more of the ball and Rodri would have the most of it [for Spain].

The summary is, Foden got the job of Belling the cat. He was dealt a bad hand. I won't expect Messi to score all the goals he scored in history if he was just a winger. Do you agree?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 10:04am
BlueAngel444:

Let me reply you well, who gives a 10 that kind of assignment?

It wasn't given to Manioo and Rice who were midfielders, right. The reason is because Foden was useless in attack. Even Saka that play RWB didn't man mark anyone even Nico and had more input going forward.

You think everyone relies on data, you came here and mentioned one single instance of Bellingham being forward and claimed he played much of the game forward.

You are man marking Rodri when Ruiz is even more deadly at the other end. Wetin D man marking achieve. He failed both as an attacker and as a man-marker. And he failed to form injury so as to leave early that may have been his biggest contribution if he did that.
England's best performance of the tournament coincided with Foden's best game. The logic should tell you how important he could have been if used properly. You are here trying to be this savage troll but you are failing at it - badly.

Forget that nonsense on whoscored and whatnot. Saka was not a RWB. He was a RW who just had to defend because Spain had more of the ball. Lol. Stop reading into the hype. You guys bore me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstime001: 10:13am
Android17:
They did not win without him. You're yet to see if they'll win with him. Ronaldo was in Brazil's worldcup squad in 1994 but nobody attributes the trophy to him. Foden didn't have an important role.

No Palmer was brought on as an impact player, so England were reacting when he came on which means they were being motivated to attack. They started many games defending.

Jude did not play well. You are either excited by the stats or the hype around the stats. If you believe he played well it is your cup of tea. He did not. The majority agree.
Leave all these many Beating about the bush. Once u re a player that they need to tweak the team for u, that shows u are a system player. Especially when it done for you to play well. We don't hear all these many shalaye when Jude or Palmer is involved.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 10:29am
This niccur don dey explain for over 2 weeks now.

Foden flopped at the Euros and that's it, finito!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19677) (19678) (19679) (19680) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII, typicalgamer(m), akwesenana, afrodoc2 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.