Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,309 members, 7,900,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10944640 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19687) (19688) (19689) (19690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:37am
BlueAngel444:
did you watch the game 🙄

I don't need to watch the game, the comments on here confirmed his usual poor technique, amateur turn and risky midfield play. You can't give what you don't have. I can go to sleep for the next year, wake up and confirm he played shït for the past year with full confidence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:39am
Bluelines69:

That inverting full back role is tailor made for Cucu, James/gusto running down the wings gives you a guaranteed 10+G/A a season, but it’s a preseason so I believe he’d learn and tweak.

If this happens it goes from 3223 to 2233 😧
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:55am
airmark:
@Timbros.

timbros:

grin grin

If I can get ONLY 3 players with 200m, I'll get a CB and CF. The last spot will be either of LW/RB/LB.

Fofana, Chilwell, James all have terrible injury records. Silva is already semi retired. These are defensive positions that needs reinforcement critically. I have not even mentioned the goalkeeper department.

Our left and central side of attack currently needs upgrade.

So you see that our problem is not just attack.

And apart from just signing players, we need a coach that can actually upgrade the players we currently have. A different coach can come in and change these crop of players to monsters and drop the jaw of football world. These are young players that can be moulded.

Mourinho came into Chelsea in 2004 and suddenly Geremi became solid. Terry became a rock. Lampard already have the talent but he became much much more better. Joe Cole became a terrorist. Even soft Glenn Johnson deliver wenever he was called upon..... All these are players Mourinho met in Chelsea. So apart from his signings, he still improved the players he met in the club.

Chelsea issue is not just attack.

This post was made as far back as February. Not everyone believes improving a team is ALL ABOUT SIGNING NEW PLAYERS.

Get off my mention Mr. Man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 10:07am
Ibime:
If Maresca knows what's good for him, he should send Ugochukwu to the deepest part of Strasbourg and return Santos instead

And the scout who recruited Ugochukwu should be shot on the blockos

I wonder how Andrey Santos isn't fit for first team but loan while Ugochukwu is fit.

It seems like they rate Ugochukwu over Santos.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:58am
Vischy:

I wonder how Andrey Santos isn't fit for first team but loan while Ugochukwu is fit.

It seems like they rate Ugochukwu over Santos.
Height is a talent
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:42am
Manchester United who we all know as the reds having a better blue jersey than Chelsea

Lmao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:28pm
Was that the so called Mascara football? undecided

Would it not be better to play to your players strength instead of trying to reinvent the bicycle?

Anyway...I guess it's good so no one is getting carried away = lower your expectations = no disappointments.

It is well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 12:32pm
andrewbaba44:
Manchester United who we all know as the reds having a better blue jersey than Chelsea

Lmao
Andrew you should just switch your loyalty.

you care so much about chelsea matter than chelsea fans themselves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 12:44pm
🚩 Wrexham manager Parkinson after 2-2 draw vs Chelsea: ”You have to put it into context, they spent so much money on that team and we were in the national league two years ago and we went toe-to-toe and could have won the game."

Source: BBC Sport
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:44pm
FBS:
Was that the so called Mascara football? undecided

Would it not be better to play to your players strength instead of trying to reinvent the bicycle?

Anyway...I guess it's good so no one is getting carried away = lower your expectations = no disappointments.

It is well.

If anything at all, he's the one manager who's playing to everyone's strength. He's only doing so with a very different tactical approach.

The only person who looked uncomfortable in their role is Ugochukwu. Everyone else looked comfortable. The only issue was tactical and positional familiarity.

When everyone's familiar with where their other team mates are supposed to be standing in every phase of play, it'll be easier.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 12:51pm
Singapore1:

Andrew you should just switch your loyalty.

you care so much about chelsea matter than chelsea fans themselves

Kk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 12:59pm
Jodera:

Humility don hold my guy grin grin

Na so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:05pm
Unlimited22:
Ugochukwu
Broja
Chilwell
Sterling

Badiashile
Madueke

Lol these bruddas are never making it

Tyrique looked good in flashes, as did Marc Guiu. Lavia is a baller. Angelo decision making >>>

Gusto struggled massively. See how Cucu makes that role look effortless and una wán sell am.

Let's watch till the final preseason games and with Jackson KDH, Enzo, Caicedo, Palmer and Cucu (that's more than half an 11) in the team.
Tyrique George can become Nico Williams for us. Sterling should be sold and replaced by him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 1:21pm
🚨 BREAKING: Chelsea are signing Rennes Ivory Coast right-back Guela Doué for £5.8 million plus bonuses, then he will be loaned to Strasbourg.

(@DiMarzio)

Strasbourg dey enjoy o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:27pm
andrewbaba44:

Lmao
that looks like he is wearing a pepsi bottle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 1:27pm
Ballzproblemm:
🚨 BREAKING: Chelsea are signing Rennes Ivory Coast right-back Guela Doué for £5.8 million plus bonuses, then he will be loaned to Strasbourg.

(@DiMarzio)

Strasbourg dey enjoy o
The guy is the elder brother of Desiré Doue who's linked with a move to Chelsea, this signing could be a sweetener to enable Chelsea sign his younger brother since BlueCo is the ownership group that owns Chelsea and co-ownwed Strasbourg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 1:33pm
Amoto94:

The guy is the elder brother of Desiré Doue who's linked with a move to Chelsea, this signing could be a sweetener to enable Chelsea sign his younger brother since BlueCo is the ownership group that owns Chelsea and co-ownwed Strasbourg.
yeah we ain't getting that guy not with Bayern and psg leading the race.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 2:01pm
Ballzproblemm:
yeah we ain't getting that guy not with Bayern and psg leading the race.
We were able to sign Hazard for the fee despite interest from other clubs he was signed for because Chelsea offered to sign his siblings as sweetener, so you never can say.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bolu96(m): 2:02pm
BlewMahn:

They banned it jare, so I logged into this one. The ban has since expired but I'm too lazy to log out of this one and log into that one again.

Lol, okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:06pm
Amoto94:

We were able to sign Hazard for the fee despite interest from other clubs he was signed for because Chelsea offered to sign his siblings as sweetener, so you never can say.
harzard joined us because we won UCL,no UCL no pull.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:09pm
DeeScan:
do you mean Jackson??

BlueAngel444:
and Jackson one of the best dribbling CF in football 😏

I need a dribbler that will dribble easily in tight space and won't struggle to do step-over.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 2:13pm
What is the performance of Tosin like?

No one is talking about him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:16pm
nateevs:

If anything at all, he's the one manager who's playing to everyone's strength. He's only doing so with a very different tactical approach.

The only person who looked uncomfortable in their role is Ugochukwu. Everyone else looked comfortable. The only issue was tactical and positional familiarity.

When everyone's familiar with where their other team mates are supposed to be standing in every phase of play, it'll be easier.

That has to be the most boring and uninspiring pre-season that I've ever seen.

The same player that apparently was "uncomfortable" ended up saving Mascara blushes.

Whatever tactical "innovation" he is trying to bring in should not be at the expense of playing to the players strength. This high-risk style of play get as e be.

And man, just how wrong was that shape in the 2nd half? pffft

Any which way....na to enjoy the journey. No sweating it at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 2:18pm
You could see the contrast between James inverting and Gusto inverting. While gusto showed greater attacking impetus and thrust, James provided better security and control. He is the better inverter, but both are honestly bring wasted in that position tbh. Still early days tho, they both can grow into the role and become better.

The first half team were much more disciplined and tactically rigid. And while the second team may have been more 'exciting', they were more disorganized. Plus, the first team simply had the better players.

I loved how Guiu stretched the opposition defence with those runs in behind which occasionally allowed the 2 8s to drift into more dangerous central positions (especially Nkunku). Also worth noting that all our best ball playing CBs features in the first period.

Overall not an eye catching display, but there were a number of promising moments, both from the perspective of the team and individual players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 2:19pm
amodu:
What is the performance of Tosin like?

No one is talking about him

He was solid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:21pm
so many red flags in maresca so far grin,this season go long, hopefully I'm wrong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:22pm
you want to build a ball possession team in EPL,low block teams will love you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:23pm
timbros:

This post was made as far back as February. Not everyone believes improving a team is ALL ABOUT SIGNING NEW PLAYERS.

Get off my mention Mr. Man.

Like I kept on hammering back then, our injured defenders are back, no need of wasting money on defence. This is you confirming my view, which has now been reportedly confirmed by Chalobah's exit.

Good that you have now moved away from having 200m and buy defender and CF. Rest.

timbros:

Airmark said we have 10 defenders so therefore, we are stacked in defence.

Our defence is very okay with Badashile, Disasi, Dr. Fofana, soon to retire Silva, Dr. Reece, Dr. Chilly etc etc...

Let's focus on attack. Once fixed, we are challenging for the next title!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by emmyluizzz: 2:24pm
Chelsea plays shit football ball

we need a serial world class coach..not some italian guadiola who is bringing boring possessive football

na good football we go chop
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 2:28pm
Jodera So arsenal is going into the new season with harvetz and Gabriel Jesus as strikers ?

Arteta still Dey buy quality defenders while e no look striker side ,shey una want make mancity do 5 in a roll ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 2:38pm
andrewbaba44:
Jo.dera So arsenal is going into the new season with harvetz and Gabriel Jesus as strikers ?

Arteta still Dey buy quality defenders while e no look striker side ,shey una want make mancity do 5 in a roll ?
Lol..
Transfer window never finish.

Plus we're looking to sell Esr, Nketiah and Nelson. These 3 sales will bring us the funds to get our desired striker and probably one midfielder. I heard we're looking at Merino and Gyokeres.

So until outgoings is secured, hardly any incomings. Good news is that they're good offers for those 3 so fingers crossed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thazard(m): 3:12pm
airmark:
I like how Guiu was making himself available with those runs. Maresca needs a great dribbler upfront against teams with low block.

Gbamsolutely!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19687) (19688) (19689) (19690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RevFrEbuka(m), MorataFC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.