Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,587 members, 7,934,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:56 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11130696 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19686) (19687) (19688) (19689) (19690) (19691) (19692) ... (19858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:51am On Jul 25
Ugochukwu don score cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 4:51am On Jul 25
the stone which the builder rejected
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:51am On Jul 25
Broja barely involved but he grabs the assist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:52am On Jul 25
Angelo control ball well na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:53am On Jul 25
raumdeuter:
Abi kin pe Wrexham..
Wrexham world bestie
Blue jersey and not Chelsea

Naira Marley calm down. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:55am On Jul 25
The ref just spared Fofana's blushes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:57am On Jul 25
BlewMahn:
The ref just spared Fofana's blushes.

That was stupid from Fofana. Could have gifted them a third.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:59am On Jul 25
Broja wtf
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 5:02am On Jul 25
Omo
Not an inspiring start to the preseason. Matter of fact, some of these mofos annoy me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 5:05am On Jul 25
That was some shitty performance.. I'm not looking forward to the next game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:06am On Jul 25
We may still remain Palmer fc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 5:07am On Jul 25
They already got baldilocks stressing

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:08am On Jul 25
BlewMahn:
Omo
Not an inspiring start to the preseason. Matter of fact, some of these mofos annoy me.

Better this way. So no one is carried away thinking we are going to storm the league.

Most of this lot are playing tactical and positional football for the first time. Not that nonsense Poch was doing last season.

I prefer this set. Make dem build slowly enter season.

Let's put into perspective also no Palmer, Enzo, Caceido, KDH. So better things to come.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:17am On Jul 25
Elnino4ladies:
That was some shitty performance.. I'm not looking forward to the next game
This performance is exactly why I'm looking forward to the next game.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:18am On Jul 25
nateevs:

Better this way. So no one is carried away thinking we are going to storm the league.

Most of this lot are playing tactical and positional football for the first time. Not that nonsense Poch was doing last week.

I prefer this set. Make dem build slowly enter season.

Let's put into perspective also no Palmer, Enzo, Caceido, KDH. So better things to come.
Precisely

A lot of these lads are playing under a position manager for the first time in their careers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:30am On Jul 25
Ugochukwu
Broja
Chilwell
Sterling

Badiashile
Madueke

Lol these bruddas are never making it

Tyrique looked good in flashes, as did Marc Guiu. Lavia is a baller. Angelo decision making >>>

Gusto struggled massively. See how Cucu makes that role look effortless and una wรกn sell am.

Let's watch till the final preseason games and with Jackson KDH, Enzo, Caicedo, Palmer and Cucu (that's more than half an 11) in the team.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 6:38am On Jul 25
BlewMahn:
They already got baldilocks stressing

He never see anything ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

And this Mf never get ST and LW Abi๐Ÿ˜‚?

Jackson go show am shege make he no worry

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 6:38am On Jul 25
I guess it's time for Maresca to bring back Chalobah and Chelsea to drop the bag on Nico Williams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 6:41am On Jul 25
Lavia has a very high ceiling
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 8:13am On Jul 25
nateevs:

It will not matter. There will always be an inverting full back, which means the rest of the bank line falls into a back 3. So there's will be no attacking full backs down the flank.

We will not see James running down the wings under Maresca.

That inverting full back role is tailor made for Cucu, James/gusto running down the wings gives you a guaranteed 10+G/A a season, but itโ€™s a preseason so I believe heโ€™d learn and tweak.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DeeScan: 8:50am On Jul 25
airmark:
I like how Guiu was making himself available with those runs. Maresca needs a great dribbler upfront against teams with low block.
do you mean Jackson??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:10am On Jul 25
BlewMahn:

Yes o

Meanwhile, Kendry is in action right now for IDV against Boca Juniors.
how did he perform
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:13am On Jul 25
BlewMahn:
Lineup

This is looking like Nkunku is playing the attacking 8 in midfield, the 10.

And James is the full back moving to midfield, Colwill playing lb like he did last season not sure that will continue when Chelsea have Cucurella not like they plan to sell him and there's Renato Veiga

I am wondering how Guiu and George performed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:18am On Jul 25
Ibunkun1:

grin grin grin
Humility don hold my guy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:21am On Jul 25
zeusis:
Lavia has a very high ceiling
You nor know before. If you see me talking good of a player know he got real talent.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:22am On Jul 25
nateevs:

Indeed it is the classic 3223 formation. Maresca did mention that Nkunku is the swiss-army knife player in the squad, able to play in all sorts of positions.

@Blueangel maybe this answers or thoughts about who deputies in midfield.
it's answers in a way but this is preseason and it depends on how Guiu and Jackson leading line. But it still nice to have a fit Nkunku and see Emeka still fits in XI

But I find my self worrying about Gusto
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:26am On Jul 25
nateevs:

I was thinking the same about 5 mins ago. We are going to miss James bombing down that right hand side.
it may be possible if Maresca considers using the RB to keep the width and use the RW inside, so Gusto and James keep the width shoot and cross, while Palmer makes use the midfield and half spaces while Caicedo stays in double pivot instead instead of joining in a doubly attack 8 like Emeka did
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:27am On Jul 25
airmark:
I like how Guiu was making himself available with those runs. Maresca needs a great dribbler upfront against teams with low block.
and Jackson one of the best dribbling CF in football ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:28am On Jul 25
If Maresca knows what's good for him, he should send Ugochukwu to the deepest part of Strasbourg and return Santos instead

And the scout who recruited Ugochukwu should be shot on the blockos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:32am On Jul 25
nateevs:
First half over.

Tactically, the defence line understands their role so far.

Lavia has been the most tactical player so far. He's made the most vertical passes to find his 8s. Best for me so far.

Marc Guiu second best player so far. Strong, pacy, technical. Definitely staying in the first team. And will challenge Nicholas.

Tyrique understand his role tactically. Most attacks have come from his side. And you can see him making those inside channel runs off the ball, when play is with the back line.

In the contrary, Madueke no understand anything.

Nkunku as 8 will not work. We need to see KDH come in.

Chuks as 8 is a perfect fit.
challenge? Let's be grateful that Guiu will be a great performing sub and starter in sub games.

Love of what I am hearing Lavia for those who watched do you think Enzo can do better than Lavia or as well as Lavia did. Because it looks like that position is between Enzo and Lavia
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:32am On Jul 25
Ibime:
If Maresca knows what's good for him, he should send Ugochukwu to the deepest part of Strasbourg and return Santos instead

And the scout who recruited Ugochukwu should be shot on the blockos
did you watch the game ๐Ÿ™„
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:34am On Jul 25
BlewMahn:
Wrexham equalise.

Why was Gusto asking Ugochukwu to chase the player on the flanks?

This Ugochukwu sef tire me.
where did Gusto play?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19686) (19687) (19688) (19689) (19690) (19691) (19692) ... (19858) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pegasus01, dcrested(m), SamHarruna(m), Joseph901 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.