Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,034 members, 7,949,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:58 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11189233 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19755) (19756) (19757) (19758) (19759) (19760) (19761) ... (19933) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:21pm On Aug 11
airmark:

This is how I will start against City, if Osimhen doesn't join.

Jorgensen

Gusto Tosin Colwill Cucurella

Caicedo Enzo Lavia

Palmer Guiu Neto

Ain't no way Neto is starting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11
Caicedobets:
once colwill is starting Chelsea must leak goals and concede shots on target

He's still better than Badiashile.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11
BlewMahn:
Omorodion...I no know how u go do o

This Guiu I'm seeing should be in the team at least
Insane energy levels
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11
Unlimited22:

Ain't no way Neto is starting

Then I start Nkunku.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 5:25pm On Aug 11
BlueAngel444:
with the same formation including Chilwell it would be Fofana Tosin Colwill - Caicedo Enzo - Neto Palmer Nkunku Chilwell - Jackson

I wonder if airmark noticed sterling dribbling today 😏
Sadly, chilwell will most likely be sold
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:26pm On Aug 11
airmark:

You can filter the big chances from the shots.
I just checked at least 3 stat-related sites now and no one showed Chelsea having a big chance yet they scored.

It just proves that this your "big chances claim" no be the right assessment to judge the 77 goals scored. Goals is always the Koko!!

Imagine having 21 shots and no big chances created, yet you dey use am troll your attackers with "imaginary big chances" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:27pm On Aug 11
airmark:

Why shouldn't Neto start? I will use him to keep City's flanks at bay, while Guiu press their defence into the stands.

Nkunku and Jackson may come in, second half.
why una dey excessively hype Neto, like say wingers way Chelsea get better rubbish

Lol press into stands, I agree as Jackson isn't fit yet

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 5:28pm On Aug 11
nateevs:

You are spot on.

I am not sure if you remember, but when he was hired, the news reported that he was the one who came into the interview with full understanding of each player and how he would deploy them. I didn't get it at the time, but the PS has now made this clear.

So yes, he's showed
I also have a feeling that the Neto signing was due to the need of someone who can hold width on the left hand side.
Excited for the season ahead honestly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:29pm On Aug 11
Jodera:

I just checked at least 3 stat-related sites now and no one showed Chelsea having a big chance yet they scored.

It just proves that this your "big chances claim" no be the right assessment to judge the 77 goals scored. Goals is always the Koko!!

Imagine having 21 shots and no big chances created, yet you dey use am troll your attackers with "imaginary big chances" grin grin

The question is, did you watch the match?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:30pm On Aug 11
kingBolton:

Sadly, chilwell will most likely be sold
as long as it's not to united and even a team outside epl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11
airmark:

He's still better than Badiashile.
yes he is but he is soft and lacks the aggression of veiga

The coach should grow balls and give veiga a chance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:36pm On Aug 11
airmark:
When we are relying on PKs, deflection and DMs to draw games, with our strikers firing blanks, there's a big problem.

Looking forward to Neto and other new attackers bought to improve our attack, though.
there wasn't even much opportunities to fire blank self
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 5:38pm On Aug 11
our set piece has improved, thanks to the set piece coach we got from Brentford
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:44pm On Aug 11
kingBolton:
I suspect with what we played in second half , maresca will most likely go with a 3-2-4-1
With cucurella, colwil, tosin / fofana , Enzo , lavia/ caicedo , sterling , Nkunku, Palmer, Gusto, Guiu/ Jackson.
Colwill against Haaland 😳, I would risk it would Renato.
3241 against city considering preseason as well
Fofana Tosin Cucurella
Gusto Lavia
Madueke Palmer Enzo Nkunku
Jackson

Jackson could start if it's too high a match for Guiu to start in, but based on fitness Guiu should start same reason I picked Lavia instead of Caicedo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11
Caicedobets:

I will give Viega a shout ahead of Colwill, but not because Colwill is soft.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:47pm On Aug 11
BlueAngel444:
Colwill against Haaland 😳, I would risk it would Renato.
3241 against city considering preseason as well
Fofana Tosin Cucurella
Gusto Lavia
Madueke Palmer Enzo Nkunku
Jackson

Jackson could start if it's too high a match for Guiu to start in, but based on fitness Guiu should start same reason I picked Lavia instead of Caicedo.

I agree with Guiu starting based on match fitness. But there's a potential issue with Lavia and Enzo starting. We would lose solidity in midfield and DM. Also tracking back is an issue.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 5:48pm On Aug 11
nateevs:

I will give Viega a shout ahead of Colwill, but not because Colwill is soft.
the way colwill keeps receding when facing speedy wingers instead of being aggressive and tackling them head on shows why he is a fair weather defender..

Veiga is very different from him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:52pm On Aug 11
BlueAngel444:
there wasn't even much opportunities to fire blank self

That's why when you see few ones, you make the best use of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:53pm On Aug 11
airmark:

The question is, did you watch the match?
Lmaoo...
Must I need to watch match to know about big chances?
When you were reeling 87 big chances last season, did you count it one by one abi na stat-related site you use?

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11
Caicedobets:
the way colwill keeps receding when facing speedy wingers instead of being aggressive and tackling them head on shows why he is a fair weather defender..

Veiga is very different from him

The decision-making involved with being aggressive/ regressive on an advancing opposition is a function of intelligence and spatial awareness, rather than lack of brute force.

We saw Fofana go aggressive on a player today, leaving space behind for Thuram to exploit and score from.

This is not how you judge good defending. But I do agree Viega is different from him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:56pm On Aug 11
Caicedobets:

Veiga is more aggressive but we haven't seen him against a striker like Haaland as a CB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11
Jodera:

Lmaoo...
Must I need to watch match to know about big chances?
When you were reeling 87 big chances last season, did you count it one by one abi na stat-related site you use?

grin

I used premier league site to get the big chances stats. If you watched the match, you would have jettisoned your unnamed sites' claim.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11
nateevs:

The decision-making involved with being aggressive/ regressive on an advancing opposition is a function of intelligence and spatial awareness, rather than lack of brute force.

We saw Fofana go aggressive on a player today, leaving space behind for Thuram to exploit and score from.

This is not how you judge good defending. But I do agree Viega is different from him.
saliba and Diaz are the best CBs the in the league.
I can't remember watching saliba shying away from wingers in the manner Colwill regularly does

As for fofana that one lacks positioning I won't be deceived by momentary aggression which he displays in just 5 minutes patch out of 90

Our defenders are not brave enough simple
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 6:04pm On Aug 11
airmark:

Veiga is more aggressive but we haven't seen him against a striker like Haaland as a CB.
The coach needs to take risks with him and play him in the league cos he is clear of badiashile and Colwill
The more he plays against top players the more he improves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 6:35pm On Aug 11
airmark:

I used premier league site to get the big chances stats. If you watched the match, you would have jettisoned your unnamed sites' claim.
I don't really need to even check any site sef on a normals.

If anyone Misses a big chance this thread would have been calling the person's name and you of all people would have held it to further your agenda

For nothing of such to happen shows that no big chance really happened
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:37pm On Aug 11
Lesley ugochukwu we go need you for super eagles sha ,no be till when you reach 30 you go come Dey reason us
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 6:41pm On Aug 11
Caicedobets:
saliba and Diaz are the best CBs the in the league.
I can't remember watching saliba shying away from wingers in the manner Colwill regularly does

As for fofana that one lacks positioning I won't be deceived by momentary aggression which he displays in just 5 minutes patch out of 90

Our defenders are not brave enough simple
Diaz is not the even the best cb at city talkless of the league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Caicedobets(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11
Capaldi:

Diaz is not the even the best cb at city talkless of the league.
name any better CB than him at city
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 7:26pm On Aug 11
rooftops:
Any amount Dem see for James make Dem take am. Man can't stay fit
He wont be missed. Gusto is already proving to be a capable replacement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 8:25pm On Aug 11
Spam posts on Twitter can drive you crazy when scrolling under a particular hashtag. You go block tire. Elon needs to wake up and do something abeg

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by michigang: 8:46pm On Aug 11
BlueAngel444:
with the same formation including Chilwell it would be Fofana Tosin Colwill - Caicedo Enzo - Neto Palmer Nkunku Chilwell - Jackson

I wonder if airmark noticed sterling dribbling today
i feel you babygirl. Whats up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11
With pre season done I think Em should have sense and send Guiu on loan (having insane energy levels isn't enough, zero mobility as a backup 9 ), I believe Jackson will get better esp having added Nkunku to already supporting cast in palmer,
retreat starting Fofana as a 1st choice cB (Nigga is a flop, we should accept our loss & move on),
Lavia & caciedo should start with the former as the no 6.
After sterling's brief cameo, Mudyrk should go & hawk gala.
Palmer & Madueke should start together with palmer a 10 & Noni Rw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19755) (19756) (19757) (19758) (19759) (19760) (19761) ... (19933) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlewMahn, Enzo5, Kimbeast, Demolz and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.