Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,263 members, 7,880,994 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:33 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2085) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10827994 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) ... (19541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nihilist:
LOL

So City is a domestic rival to Schalke now?

Is it only a domestic rival that can weaken? When Madrid or Barca buys Ronaldo, Fabregas Modrid, Bale , Do they make the selling clubs weaker or stronger?

Assuming Schalke was competing in the league last season, losing Sane(their best attacking player) does it make them weaker or stronger? Does it make the bundesliga weaker or stronger
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
diggz:
Lol......dayo u don show again... grin cheesy

I no comot anywhere before
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nihilist:

What a diplomatic way to put it. Sterling will struggle for game time. grin

I no get power to talk too much today...all I can say Nihilist told you so.

Almost 700 days ago.

You ain't told me nothing. The ninja is still better than Oscar which was the debate.

I was told Oscar was top 5 Under-23 player in the world, and I said there are many ninjas better than him. I was asked to list players, and I listed them, of which you niggas picked Sterling to argue about.

I listed many others better, and would have listed many more, eg I wanted to list Coutinho, but I didn't want ninjas to sart argueing that why is Oscar ahead of Coutinho in Brazil NT.

It was you ninjas who claimed Oscar was a God at Under 23 level. I didn't claim anything about Sterling except that he is better than Oscar. . . . which he still is.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
This left back issue I believe has been a costly mistake. Talking tactically, the 4-2-4 heavily relies on efficient wing play. We don't have the true/highly prolific wing players for this set-up. It would be incredibly advantageous to fortify the fullback positions to join in the attack. This means round pegs in round holes.

I am now afraid we will make things even worse by playing a RB at LB position and further kill off support for an already uninventive wing play.

Ake should have been left to stay. Easily a 6-7/10 player. But can join the attack well. I would like to make that 'Rahman out' permanent. I think we are putting ourselves in a state of limbo by hoping Rahman will come good. Cut ties, stick with Ake or Jay DaSilva. It doesn't look like Conte fancies Kennedy as well so matters are worse if Azpi gets injured now.

From where I stand, there is no use for the Rahman loan. I don't believe he is going to be much better than he is right now, neither do I believe he will sell for a higher fee than we paid for him.

I forsee a creativity/attacking problem based on this. I hope Conte is as readily adaptable to switch to a 4-3-3. I will wait to see how the fellas do in the Milan game. It's still possible to win the League but after seeing that Leroy signing, my confidence has taken a big hit.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
nateevs:

From where I stand, there is no use for the Rahman loan. I don't believe he is going to be much better than he is right now, neither do I believe he will sell for a higher fee than we paid for him.

The loan is not a development loan. It is only Nihilist painting it that way.

The loan is strictly a "recover your money" loan with a buyout clause in it for Schalke, no doubt less than what we bought Rahman for.

It is a desperate attempt to claw some decent money back from a failed project, just like the Cuadrado and Salah loans were designed to do.

Up until yesterday, both clubs hadn't shaken hands on the loan with Chelsea still wanting an outright fee. They were so desperate to get rid, they allowed Baba to go and do medical with Schalke having not agreed whether it would be a loan or outright sale.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ibime:

You ain't told me nothing. The ninja is still better than Oscar which was the debate.

I was told Oscar was top 5 Under-23 player in the world, and I said there are many ninjas better than him. I was asked to list players, and I listed them, of which you niggas picked Sterling to argue about.

I listed many others better, and would have listed many more, eg I wanted to list Coutinho, but I didn't want ninjas to sart argueing that why is Oscar ahead of Coutinho in Brazil NT.

It was you ninjas who claimed Oscar was a God at Under 23 level. I didn't claim anything about Sterling except that he is better than Oscar. . . . which he still is.

I actually posited that day that Sterling was not better than Oscar...which is a #fact.

You were arguing that Sterling's transfer to City was proof of his godbody flow.

I can dig up the posts if you like.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nihilist:

I actually posited that day that Sterling was not better than Oscar...which is a #fact.

You were arguing that Sterling's transfer to City was proof of his godbody flow.

I can dig up the posts if you like.

Sterling earned his club £50m.

What has Oscar done for Chelsea?

I don't usually talk about Sterling except in relation to Oscar.

Na una claim say Oscar is in the top 5 under 23 players in the world. Sterling was just one of many names I threw out as being better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
Headless Oscar....! Can't even pick a player he is better than self....

I will take sterling all day everyday ahead of Oscar....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
I actually prefer having 1 defensive fullback in a 442/424 configuration.

When the attacking full back charges up, the defensive full back can tuck in and form a back 3 with the centre backs.

2 attacking fullbacks will expose the centrebacks too much, especially when neither of the central midfielders are expected to play exclusively defensive roles.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ibime:

Na una claim say Oscar is in the top 5 under 23 players in the world. Sterling was just one of many names I threw out as being better.

That was that guy not me.

Sterling earned WHAT?

Are you flipping kidding me? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
nateevs:
This left back issue I believe has been a costly mistake. Talking tactically, the 4-2-4 heavily relies on efficient wing play. We don't have the true/highly prolific wing players for this set-up. It would be incredibly advantageous to fortify the fullback positions to join in the attack. This means round pegs in round holes.

I am now afraid we will make things even worse by playing a RB at LB position and further kill off support for an already uninventive wing play.

Ake should have been left to stay. Easily a 6-7/10 player. But can join the attack well. I would like to make that 'Rahman out' permanent. I think we are putting ourselves in a state of limbo by hoping Rahman will come good. Cut ties, stick with Ake or Jay DaSilva. It doesn't look like Conte fancies Kennedy as well so matters are worse if Azpi gets injured now.

I forsee a creativity/attacking problem based on this. I hope Conte is as readily adaptable to switch to a 4-3-3. I will wait to see how the fellas do in the Milan game. It's still possible to win the League but after seeing that Leroy signing, my confidence has taken a big hit.

Thank you sir!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ibime:

Dig back and you will see Nihilist saying that both Oscar and Sterling are crap from the same sphincter

Until last season Sterling has never bettered Oscar for goals and assists. Last season Sterling posted 10 goals or assists in all comps. Oscar posted 9 despite playing several matches fewer.

I remember that year both yourself and nateevs just dey hype that SWP incarnate anyhow.

See Sterling now - less than a year after costing 50m pounds, he is almost persona non grata at City. The same team he deservedly moved to grin

Admit it- Sterling is a 50m pounds of poopoo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nihilist:

That was that guy not me.

Sterling earned WHAT?

Are you flipping kidding me? grin grin

Well that guy was wrong and everyone who supported him.

I clearly said at the time that I can name 25 AMs under 23 that are better than Oscar.

They asked me to name just 10 or so and, I named Aaron Ramsey, Gotze, Draxler, Sterling and a few other names I forget. They just picked on Sterling and turned into another matter.

I wanted to name Coutinho and DeBruyne but I said lemme leave them out cos these niggas will argue that Oscar is benching them for Brazil and Chelsea.

But I clearly said there are 25 niggas better than him. I only chose the niggas I chose because they would find little room to manouvre as they were popping statistically and would leave those niggas little room to tell stories.

There is almost no decent AM I consider Oscar to be better than. Even right now, MVG is better than Oscar.

I'm not a Sterling superfan, they were the Oscar superfans. Sterling is only one of 25 ninjas I considered to be better than Oscar.

I told y'all ninjas back then that Oscar ain't shyte, and today he still ain't shyte.

I clearly won that argument hands down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nihilist:

Admit it- Sterling is a 50m pounds of poopoo

Oscar should bring us £50m of poopoo. All money is money.

Sterling just had his worst season ever, his only truly awful season, and was still ahead of Oscar.

Oscar could not break into a team fighting relegation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
There is one young Braxilian DM that Chelsea is reported to have bid £15m for and the guy doesn't even look half the player that Chalobah is.

Some people need to go for laser eye surgery.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
int.soccerway.com/news/2016/August/02/rahman-explains-chelsea-exit-i-am-too-offensive-for-conte/n826321/

Baba Rahman has claimed there was no room forhim at Chelsea because manager Antonio Conte feels he is too attack-minded for his style of play.The Ghana international joined Chelsea fromAugsburg one year ago, but has now left Stamford Bridge after sealing a season-long loan move to Schalke on Tuesday. "Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full-back,"Rahman told Ruhr Nachrichten."So I would have had very little playing time. Conte advised me to leave on loan. We will see what happens after this season.

"I already know Markus Weinzierl from my time at Augsburg and we worked
together very well there. He always gave me a lot of confidence. That is one of
the reasons why I think Schalke were the best option for me."
Rahman also had his say on the differences between the Premier League and
the Bundesliga and was not impressed with the tactics used in England's top
flight.

"A lot of players in England are very powerful, whereas in Germany you see
some better football," the 22-year-old added.
"A lot of Premier League teams are still very much playing kick and rush
football."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
For me o, i will take oscar ahead of sterling. Sterling is unproductive and has a very big decision making problem.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
lordfalcao:
int.soccerway.com/news/2016/August/02/rahman-explains-chelsea-exit-i-am-too-offensive-for-conte/n826321/

Baba Rahman has claimed there was no room forhim at Chelsea because manager Antonio Conte feels he is too attack-minded for his style of play.The Ghana international joined Chelsea fromAugsburg one year ago, but has now left Stamford Bridge after sealing a season-long loan move to Schalke on Tuesday. "Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full-back,"Rahman told Ruhr Nachrichten."So I would have had very little playing time. Conte advised me to leave on loan. We will see what happens after this season.

"I already know Markus Weinzierl from my time at Augsburg and we worked
together very well there. He always gave me a lot of confidence. That is one of
the reasons why I think Schalke were the best option for me."
Rahman also had his say on the differences between the Premier League and
the Bundesliga and was not impressed with the tactics used in England's top
flight.

"A lot of players in England are very powerful, whereas in Germany you see
some better football," the 22-year-old added.
"A lot of Premier League teams are still very much playing kick and rush
football."
lwkmd. I sense frustration from rahman's statement. No wonder he could'nt cope in the epl; lack of pace and strength. When the wingers put the ball ahead of him, he starts running and shading to try and meet up, but he ends up falling to the ground, i think that must have frustrated him alot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
lordfalcao:

"So I would have had very little playing time. Conte advised me to leave on loan

This is the talk of a player who knows who sent him on loan, not Nathan Ake who has never spoken to the manager, and who is guessing about whether the manager is speaking to the TD about him, meanwhile the manager is at Euro 2016.

Even Victorien Angban, Adrian and Kasey Palmer would like to believe the manager sanctioned their loan and is excited to watch how they develop. . . but the only person they ever spoke to is Emenalo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Greatihex:
lwkmd. I sense frustration from rahman's statement. No wonder he could'nt cope in the epl; lack of pace and strength. When the wingers put the ball ahead of him, he starts running and shading to try and meet up, but he ends up falling to the ground, i think that must have frustrated him alot.

probably that would explain why England with EPL players would be getting knocked out by Iceland since its Pace and strenght and little sense
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
I don't know what obsession we have with this below average good for nothing Brazilians for crying out loud!!!

This is a country with the most useless,brainless and skill-less set of footballers on planet earth at the moment! yet, we keep chasing every olosho with k-leg from there.....wahala dey sha!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Greatihex:
For me o, i will take oscar ahead of sterling. Sterling is unproductive and has a very big decision making problem.

Sterling unproductive when compared to Oscar, for real?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

probably that would explain why England with EPL players would be getting knocked out by Iceland since its Pace and strenght and little sense
sometimes i just feel like insulting you with these your senseless trollings. Are epl players only english players? There should be time for everything, abeg. Haba.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
diggz:

not compared to oscar. Both are unproductive, bt i wl choose oscar ahead of sterling, atleast oscar can mark, is more mobile and can be of more utility. I think can also out score sterling if they play the same number of minutes.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Greatihex:
sometimes i just feel like insulting you with these your senseless trollings. Are epl players only english players? There should be time for everything, abeg. Haba.

English players are all from the epl. And 4 of the starting 11 who lost to Iceland made the PFA best eleven.

You can go ahead and insult when you don't have any logical points to make
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
diggz:

I would like you to prove different if you can. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
Random nyash scratching rumour of the day

Chelsea have made a British record £65m bid for Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku, who was sold by Chelsea in July 2014 for £28m, could now return to the club for a fee more than double that sale.

Not only would it comfortably break the British transfer record (as long as Paul Pogba doesn’t join Manchester United first), but would also indicate a significant meal of humble pie for Chelsea.

Sold by Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte reportedly told Chelsea weeks ago that Lukaku was his No. 1 transfer target to lead the line. Quite what that does for Diego Costa’s Chelsea future is unclear, with Michy Batshuayi already signed.

Almost every one of Wednesday’s papers has the story, but The Sun use an Everton ‘source’ to bring us their thoughts on the move:

“The club have made a very generous offer – it breaks the British and club record – and is more than double what Everton paid for Romelu.

“Last summer the John Stones negotiations became a bit of a saga and Chelsea want to avoid that so pretty much have told Everton they want to get this all wrapped up by the weekend.”
Everton are thought to be holding out for £75m for Lukaku, but surely would consider settling for £70m if it means they can finally get on with their own summer business. Ronald Koeman’s squad does look very light indeed.

cc every single person who was asking where the bids for lukaku were, the people who prefer anything to Lukaku, and the people who called the police on Lukaku when he was hustling trying to feed his daughter...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by temitope06(m): 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nihilist:

cc every single person who was asking where the bids for lukaku were, the people who prefer anything to Lukaku, and the people who called the police on Lukaku when he was hustling trying to feed his daughter...

I see your Biggie reference there ...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

English players are all from the epl. And 4 of the starting 11 who lost to Iceland made the PFA best eleven.

You can go ahead and insult when you don't have any logical points to make
yet Liverpool have been able to win 5 champions league with that style, man u has 3, Chelsea, Nottingham forest, Aston Villa 1. At least the style is still winning something for them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nihilist:

it was all a dream! grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Greatihex:
yet Liverpool have been able to win 5 champions league with that style, man u has 3, Chelsea, Nottingham forest, Aston Villa 1. At least the style is still winning something for them.

Thats why the EPL is rated 3rd and probably would be 4th soon by UEFA. We are talking about current rating this one is talking about Notthingham Forest and Aston Villa who are so relevant that they are in division 2. Lets talk about the relevance of the Scottish league too since Celtic won CL titles several years ago

Thats why I told you its better to abuse, because if you go down the logical debate route, most likely would end up losing

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

Thats why the EPL is rated 3rd and probably would be 4th soon by UEFA. We are talking about current rating this one is talking about Notthingham Forest and Aston Villa who are so relevant that they are in division 2

Thats why I told you its better to abuse, because if you go down the logical debate route, most likely would end up losing
why do you find it very difficult to stick to the topic.
Baba complained of some players in epl still playing kick and rush football, i stated that he must have been frustrated with the pace and strength in the league.
Because you don't overlook any opportunity of trolling the epl, you started to tell me how useless the English team is, which does not relate to the statement in any way. I told you the clubs in the league have been able to win continental titles with it, you are now talking about current rating. How does this correlate with what I commented?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2082) (2083) (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) ... (19541) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Singapore1(m), Colson(m), dcrested(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.