Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,061 members, 7,876,960 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10806938 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2744) (2745) (2746) (2747) (2748) (2749) (2750) ... (19519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:20am On Apr 05, 2017
John Terry the Legend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2017
hensben:
John Terry the Legend.

Cc Raumdeuter
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2017
hensben:
John Terry the Legend.

JT the boss.

That number 4 though, Baba don try be that gan o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:12am On Apr 05, 2017
Chelseafan1:

JT the boss.

That number 4 though, Baba don try be that gan o.
I dey tell you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2017
hensben:
John Terry the Legend.
some people will not like this.... grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SCOOPERJEF(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2017
get me lukaku a beg afterall drogba wasn't a technician on the ball before he delivered multiple trophy...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2017
SCOOPERJEF:
get me lukaku a beg afterall drogba wasn't a technician on the ball before he delivered multiple trophy...

Drogba that had one of the best first touches in the universe was not a technician? See his heading technique join? The force he used to generate from standing leaps? Or na the shooto? (winning 11 terminology) even when he joined chelsea?

It seems your rivals even appreciate your players more than some of you blues! shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Drogba that had one of the best first touches in the universe was not a technician?
See his heading technique join? The force he used to generate from standing leaps? Or na the shooto? (winning 11 terminology) even when he joined chelsea?

It seems your rivals even appreciate your players more than some of you blues! shocked

Bolded is a myth. Drogba's first touch was often poor. He was capable of sublime control sometimes, but very often the ball just couldn't stick to his feet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2017
SCOOPERJEF:
drogba can score with both foot on different angle of the pitch.. That is shot techniques

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Drogba that had one of the best first touches in the universe was not a technician?

Drogba only had a good first touch when bringing an aerial ball under control. For any pass played to him on the ground, he had a poor first touch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SCOOPERJEF(m): 10:49am On Apr 05, 2017
lordfalcao:
drogba can score with both foot on different angle of the pitch.. That is shot techniques
agreed... are u trying to say lukaku can't score with both foot
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:54am On Apr 05, 2017
Drogbas goal against Liverpool at the bridge in 2006/2007 season. His goal against Tottenham in 2011/2012 FA cup semi final. There are plenty of these kind of goals where he controlled the ball on air and delivered a goallazo.

Lukaku is far far behind abeg.

Drogba wasn't good in dribbles though. But he'll give you hope. He scores a goal out of nothing. He was tricky too. Watching lukaku play irritates me. He can't dribble his man, he can't control a simple pass...in tight situations, he become dumb and start jambodying everyone until he looses the ball. I don't care how much goal he's scoring now. They should not sign that guy.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2017
SCOOPERJEF:
agreed... are u trying to say lukaku can't score with both foot
lukaku doesn't have the ability to score from both feets from different angle..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2017
Emaprince:
Drogbas goal against Liverpool at the bridge in 2006/2007 season. His goal against Tottenham in 2011/2012 FA cup semi final. There are plenty of these kind of goals where he controlled the ball on air and delivered a goallazo.

Lukaku is far far behind abeg.

Drogba wasn't good in dribbles though. But he'll give you hope. He scores a goal out of nothing. He was tricky too. Watching lukaku play irritates me. He can't dribble his man, he can't control a simple pass...in tight situations, he become dumb and start jambodying everyone until he looses the ball. I don't care how much goal he's scoring now. They should not sign that guy.
you forgot to add the goal he scored against barca. We call it " chest and shoot"

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:14am On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Bolded is a myth. Drogba's first touch was often poor. He was capable of sublime control sometimes, but very often the ball just couldn't stick to his feet.
Drogba played with players like him, that is strong and direct. This current Chelsea squad need a striker like lewandowski, Suarez, aguero or abumeyang, strikers that play with the wide men.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:25am On Apr 05, 2017
hensben:
Drogba played with players like him, that is strong and direct. This current Chelsea squad need a striker like lewandowski, Suarez, aguero or abumeyang, strikers that play with the wide men.

Costa is still managing to do quite well in this system - and technically I think he's worse than Lukaku
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2017
lordfalcao:
you forgot to add the goal he scored against barca. We call it " chest and shoot"
I'm sure I saw Lukaku score this kind of goal only 2 weeks ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:34am On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

I'm sure I saw Lukaku score this kind of goal only 2 weeks ago.
that lukakkus type was close range, drogba has been shooting it outside the 18 yrd box countless times..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:36am On Apr 05, 2017
Rojo basically kept Lukaku in his pocket and left it/him in the dressing room.

Just kidding but Lukaku gast more work to do.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:36am On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Costa is still managing to do quite well in this system - and technically I think he's worse than Lukaku
Costa has good shooting techniques more than lukaku, this season I have seen Costa score from quite tight angles not only with right but also with left...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:51am On Apr 05, 2017
lordfalcao:
Costa has good shooting techniques more than lukaku, this season I have seen Costa score from quite tight angles not only with right but also with left...

Lukaku top

Costa bottom.

You can see the facts don't align with your narrative.

Costa has been less clinical in front of goal. He's been less accurate with his shots. He's missed more chances. And he's scored proportionally fewer goals without using his right foot

Next question.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:55am On Apr 05, 2017
Am super sure Drogba was worse than Lukaku at 23

He is fast, strong and technically OK but can improve.. .Dude is going to be a world beater
One thing I like about CFs like him is that on their day you can never mark them out

No CB can match his pace and Power ....Thats why Drogba was impossible to handle in 2012 UCL

I doubt if Lewy, Auba and Co would Rojo, Bailly and DDG on their own without any support

The only reason he flops in big games is because Everton leave him without support ,and when they don't it is Barkley and Mirallas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2017
I can understand if you don't want Lukaku at Chelsea but don't tell me Costa is better
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2017
bigkesh:
Am super sure Drogba was worse than Lukaku at 23

He is fast, strong and technically OK but can improve.. .Dude is going to be a world beater
One thing I like about CFs like him is that on their day you can never mark them out

No CB can match his pace and Power ....Thats why Drogba was impossible to handle in 2012 UCL

I doubt if Lewy, Auba and Co would Rojo, Bailly and DDG on their own without any support

The only reason he flops in big games is because Everton leave him without support ,and when they don't it is Barkley and Mirallas

Thank you very much.

The key metric here is that the boy is only 23 years old.

He still has at least 4 years to mature before he hits his peak. Messi and Ronaldo have distorted the game with their obscene numbers.

Compare Lukaku to other big name strikers at his age, and you will be so shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Lukaku top

Costa bottom.

You can see the facts don't align with your narrative.

Costa has been less clinical in front of goal. He's been less accurate with his shots. He's missed more chances. And he's scored proportionally fewer goals without using his right foot

Next question.
Costa has less appearance than lukaku but almost posting same figures with him..

I don't see huge difference in the two stats you posted despite Costa playing lesser matches.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Heywhizzy(m): 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
lukaku can't dribble his marker is not fact at all
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Cc Rumdeuter

Major finals won while on the field ZERO
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
We need to kill our games without relying on costa. Hazard and co needs to move up to scoring positions, costa is getting more unreliable these days.

[img]https:///media/4-05-2017/7Gd06C.gif[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
lordfalcao:
Costa has less appearance than lukaku but almost posting same figures with him..

I don't see huge difference in the two stats you posted despite Costa playing lesser matches.

Firstly those figures are not 'the same'

Secondly, who played how many minutes is completely irrelevant here. Number of minutes played has zero correlation to why Costa is failing to hit the target with a higher percentage of his shots.

Number of minutes played does not explain why Costa is missing more of the big chances that come his way than Lukaku.

Infact, Number of minutes played does not explain why Lukaku is better than Costa in any of the metrics posted up there, as the numbers are already adjusted relative to appearances.

Fact of the matter is that Lukaku has been better than Costa this season. At least, so far.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Firstly those figures are not 'the same'

Secondly, who played how many minutes is completely irrelevant here. Number of minutes played has zero correlation to why Costa is failing to hit the target with a higher percentage of his shots.

Number of minutes played does not explain why Costa is missing more of the big chances that come his way than Lukaku.

Infact, Number of minutes played does not explain why Lukaku is better than Costa in any of the metrics posted up there, as the numbers are already adjusted relative to appearances.

Fact of the matter is that Lukaku has been better than Costa this season. At least, so far.
there is no big margin in those stats to show lukaku has way outplayed Costa. Despite Costa finding the net 4 times in the last 10 games.

Costa with his dip in form this season is posting stats which lukaku's own is by far only better with 2%.

If Costa in his not good form is having something like this, I expect something better to lukaku's if he hits top form again.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
lordfalcao:
there is no big margin in those stats to show lukaku has way outplayed Costa. Despite Costa finding the net 4 times in the last 10 games.

Costa with his dip in form this season is posting stats which lukaku's own is by far only better with 2%.

If Costa in his not good form is having something like this, I expect something better to lukaku's if he hits top form again.

Don't get it confused. Let me remind you of your post.

lordfalcao:

The stats show that actually, this post is a lie. If you have numbers to prove otherwise, please go ahead and post them, but the numbers I posted show that Costa is actually more wasteful in front of goal, less accurate with his shots, and more reliant on his strong foot to score goals than Lukaku is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Don't get it confused. Let me remind you of your post.

The stats show that actually, this post is a lie. If you have numbers to prove otherwise, please go ahead and post them, but the numbers I posted show that Costa is actually more wasteful in front of goal, less accurate with his shots, and more reliant on his strong foot to score goals than Lukaku is.
I said Costa shooting techniques over lukaku is his ability to shot from both feet's in tight angles, which we have all seen this season.

But you posted lukaku's goals from both feet this season forgetting I was emphasizing on shooting " from tight angles from both feet" as the matrix of Costa's shooting techniques.

What if lukaku's goal from his right foot were tap in or pass and shoots inside the box, where his techniques can't really be tested??

(1) (2) (3) ... (2744) (2745) (2746) (2747) (2748) (2749) (2750) ... (19519) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, MorataFC and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.