Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,197 members, 7,928,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:23 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11101491 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) ... (19809) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
This Pfa team of the year is a huge joke.
No Alderweireld, Alonso, Heaton/Courtois, Azpilicueta, Sánchez/Ibrahimovic is laughable.
And that's not even counting Van Dijk and Eriksen.
Yet somehow Cahill, Rose and Kane got in.
Mtchewww...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
am I Discussing kelechi's quality or am I talking about the type of striker who should be leading us into a bigger competition next season....

Exactly last season kelechi was almost doing what rashford was doing from the bench. Why did your club went ahead to get ibrahimovim ?

If you're 3rd choice in a big club like man city, you can't be first choice in a bigger club like Chelsea

Doesn't the type of striker you are looking for have qualities too? Quick question. Would you have dembele lead your line?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
neighy:
rashford in this current man city setup will not just rot.. Coupled with a coach that doesn't have confidence in you

I'm not concerned with the reasons why Kelechi is bench riding.

All in saying is that Kelechi is not tested. He is still unproven. He has only about half a season of real football under his belt. Such a person cannot be trusted to top strike for Chelsea.

Gabriel Jesus was playing week in week out in Brazilian league. He was top striking for Brazil as a country. You can't even compare the two in terms of experience.

Experience can't be bought, and Kelechi does not have it...yet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
there is no politics in this.. Costa cannot be 4 choice in man city where there is aguero, Gabriel Jesus and iheanacho. Its a lie.

So you mean Costa would be ahead of Aguero and Jesus?

Costa that has never even made 25 goals like Bony.

Go and call Lukaku and Morata wey we dey try sign to join City, let's see whether they won't be 3rd choice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
dopeJemi:

Doesn't the type of striker you are looking for have qualities too? Quick question. Would you have dembele lead your line?
all these names are not the type of striker CFC needs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ibime:

You dey mind am? Just because he get red passport. Chic2pimp, do you even have green passport?

I get Green o grin. How you think say I dey eneter Naija?

dopeJemi:

Lmao, why you no give yourself green white green?
Hahaha grin...I get Green white Green. I know it will come in handy someday
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nihilist:

Nationality no mean for UK o, as long as you get right to work.

I'm sure you know the phrase "British Jobs for British workers"? I insist they'll still be a bias towards the British workers unless the Foreigner is clearly better than the British candidate. How you think say Ibime dey get all Hin High Profile jobs? tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ibime:

So you mean Costa would be ahead of Aguero and Jesus?

Costa that has never even made 25 goals like Bony.

Go and call Lukaku and Morata wey we dey try sign to join City, let's see whether they won't be 3rd choice.
Costa's first premier league season he scored 20 EPl goals 3 more than the 17 bony scored.. Since then Costa has up to 49 EPl goals why bony has 30..

There is nothing significant Gabriel and iheanacho has done to be ahead of pecking order to Costa. Why will he be 4 choice?

I won't be surprise if I see guardiolar playing 4-4-2 if Costa was in man city..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
all these names are not the type of striker CFC needs.

alright
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
chic2pimp:

still on still.. waka grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
dopeJemi:

still on still.. waka grin

Hahaha grin grin grin. I dey work o. No make dem fire me abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
chic2pimp:

Hehehehehe. You wey be Britico bred. That Naija pally come in necessary when travelling to West Africa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
chic2pimp:

I'm sure you know the phrase "British Jobs for British workers"? I insist they'll still be a bias towards the British workers unless the Foreigner is clearly better than the British candidate. How you think say Ibime dey get all Hin High Profile jobs? tongue

grin grin

That one no mean for my field otherwise Indian workers for never flood the entire industry. N.a. only jobs that require soft skills like speaking English wey brits dey do.

Australians, Yanks, Indians and most annoyingly Ghanians dey drag with me for my field. And the less said about the polish the better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
Costa's first premier league season he scored 20 EPl goals 3 more than the 17 bony scored.. Since then Costa has up to 49 EPl goals why bony has 30..

There is nothing significant Gabriel and iheanacho has done to be ahead of pecking order to Costa. Why will he be 4 choice?

I won't be surprise if I see guardiolar playing 4-4-2 if Costa was in man city..

Trust me, if Costa goes to Man City, he will be bombed out like Bony.

Squad building is about seeing opportunities to improve your team that are no-brainers.

That's how Wenger went and brought Vieira from Milan reserves, brought Anelka from PSG youth team and brought Henry from Juve leftwing, gave them all shirt and became a legend off of it.

Even Barca went and picked Pique from Manure reserves and Yaya Toure from Monaco, Eto from Mallorca. Milan picked Pirlo from Inter reserves and Juve picked Bonucci from Inter reserves etc.

None of these players had the required record to collect shirt.

Kelechi is a slam-dunk. He is better than all the names y'all keep calling for £100m upandan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
If the board can sign Mbappe, I would be very happy.
He's only 18, clinical in front of goal, pacey, and I like the fact that he can play on the wings or as a battering ram center forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Those who are for Morata are always quick to say, "he is not having enough playing time but he takes his chances whenever he is on the pitch". If my memory serves me well Kelechi also did the same thing last season, he had one of the best goal per minute ratios.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
lordfalcao:
Jesus started ahead of aguero on a short term. What happens later? Aguero has scored at least 11 times since them if they had played 14 matches.. You can't dispute what aguero offers among the 3
if Jesus no injure Aguero for no dey see shirt. would you say Aguero is also not worthy to start for Chelsea or any kain team.
nacho and to some extent Aguero no fit into Pep plan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nihilist:

grin grin

That one no mean for my field otherwise Indian workers for never flood the entire industry. N.a. only jobs that require soft skills like speaking English wey brits dey do.

Australians, Yanks, Indians and most annoyingly Ghanians dey drag with me for my field. And the less said about the polish the better.

No be IT you dey? U suppose know say nah dem indians own that field. Australians and Yanks are western Immigrants(ex pats as dey like to call themselves), different to those from Asia and Africa. Hahaha speaking posh english grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ibime:

Even Barca went and picked Pique from Manure reserves and Yaya Toure from Monaco, Eto from Mallorca. Milan picked Pirlo from Inter reserves and Juve picked Bonucci from Inter reserves etc.

Won't even bother with Inter. In terms of developing Italian talents, they put the "U" in useless. From Pirlo to Bonucci to Cannavaro. The biggest mistake Hull Loanee Ranocchia did was sign for Inter. Had He signed for either Juve or Milan, we'll be raving about Him now like we do with Bonucci.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nihilist:

I'm not concerned with the reasons why Kelechi is bench riding.

All in saying is that Kelechi is not tested. He is still unproven. He has only about half a season of real football under his belt. Such a person cannot be trusted to top strike for Chelsea.

Gabriel Jesus was playing week in week out in Brazilian league. He was top striking for Brazil as a country. You can't even compare the two in terms of experience.

Experience can't be bought, and Kelechi does not have it...yet.
experience kwo?? U sound like a Nigerian HR personnel.. So it doesn't matter the league the competition and your contribution your own is as long as you're on the pitch u r GOOD, what you can do does not matter. For you its okay if Tammy leads the line buh the EPL player with the highest GoalPerMinute ratio is no where near.. TISSOKAY...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
neighy:
experience kwo?? U sound like a Nigerian HR personnel.. So it doesn't matter the league the competition and your contribution your own is as long as you're on the pitch u r GOOD, what you can do does not matter. For you its okay if Tammy leads the line buh the EPL player with the highest GoalPerMinute ratio is no where near.. TISSOKAY...

What does goal per minute mean? What does it prove? Not a lot really.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ibime:

Trust me, if Costa goes to Man City, he will be bombed out like Bony.

Squad building is about seeing opportunities to improve your team that are no-brainers.

That's how Wenger went and brought Vieira from Milan reserves, brought Anelka from PSG youth team and brought Henry from Juve leftwing, gave them all shirt and became a legend off of it.

Kelechi is a slam-dunk. He is better than all the names y'all keep calling for £100m upandan.
the names you are giving doesn't relate to what I have been talking about which is " how is iheanacho who is a third choise in man city become a first choice in Chelsea.

Remove Costa's anger issues and unnecessary behaviour you get a striker close to aguero in everything.

I don't see any reason which will make pep pick iheanacho and Gabriel Jesus over Costa.. This am very sure of
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

if Jesus no injure Aguero for no dey see shirt. would you say Aguero is also not worthy to start for Chelsea or any kain team.
nacho and to some extent Aguero no fit into Pep plan.
if Jesus no injure.. Jesus can't go 13 matches and score 10. There will be a time his goals will dry up and you will see pep running back to a more experienced striker in Aguero..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
CFCman:
If the board can sign Mbappe, I would be very happy.
He's only 18, clinical in front of goal, pacey, and I like the fact that he can play on the wings or as a battering ram center forward.
best bet is sign him and still keep him on Monaco where he will be seeing good game time till he improves generally...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
Interestingly, I was on the same pitch with this Iheanacho years back. I can recall vividly it was on one of those August Leagues, a tournament that was held annually in Ogbor-hill, Aba. That year, Taye FC who were based in Owerri were invited and they had a certain Kelechi in their midst.

Kid has always been a wonder boy. He won the best player of the tournament. No defender could match his pace, guile and power.

I never knew it was the same Iheanacho at the U-17, U-20 and now at City, until my younger brother who know plays for Gateway Utd mentioned it to me.

Kid is somewhere in North England pocketing thousands of pounds on weekly basis and getting talked about on NL, while I am somewhere in Nigeria dodging traffic.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeflonBlixx: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Griffon:
Interestingly, I was on the same pitch with this Iheanacho years back. I can recall vividly it was on one of those August Leagues, a tournament that was held annually in Ogbor-hill, Aba. That year, Taye FC who were based in Owerri were invited and they had a certain Kelechi in their midst.

Kid has always been a wonder boy. He won the best player of the tournament. No defender could match his pace, guile and power.

I never knew it was the same Iheanacho at the U-17, U-20 and now at City, until my younger brother who know plays for Gateway Utd mentioned it to me.

Kid is somewhere in North England pocketing thousands of pounds on weekly basis and getting talked about on NL, while I am somewhere in Nigeria dodging traffic.

Lool. . grin grin

Just one question. .

Did he deduct some years from his age?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon: 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
TeflonBlixx:

Lool. . grin grin

Just one question. .

Did he deduct some years from his age?

We were all grouped under the U-15 category and I was just leaving high school then at the age of 16.

I am sure Kelechi was doing 15/16 then. He is definitely 25/26 now. Ain't a big fraud considering he is got 21 on his profile.

That boy still have like 20yrs of solid footie to offer any team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeflonBlixx: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
Griffon:

We were all grouped under the U-15 category and I was just leaving high school then at the age of 16.

I am sure Kelechi was doing 15/16 then. He is definitely 25/26 now. Ain't a big fraud considering he is got 21 on his profile.

That boy still have like 20yrs of solid footie to offer any team.

You aren't old yourself. .

Beware of the oldies on this section grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by vantage001: 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
God, i hate spurs.
Compared to arsenal, They used to be a bit sufferable before the whole challenging for the title crap they have been pulling of recent.
Now every spurs fan think their team is invincible, and their favourite word as a club is ''fucck chelsea''.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Griffon:

Lol
The 21 year old dude is cashing in N22 million per week shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
Wetin we wan use kelechi do ? I see it as a downgrade to me. We dey talk striker to wey go make us a fearful side once again in Europe , na one third choice striker go do that one in Kelechi ? Then we rather settle down for Batsuayi or Tammy Abraham.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Griffon:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) ... (19809) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: reccy(m), kingBolton, Oasis007(m), NinjaMetahuman, StarchAndBanga, VillageBus(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.