Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,316 members, 7,881,166 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:43 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10828822 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) (2873) ... (19541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:33am On May 04, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 6:24am On May 04, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:22am On May 04, 2017
Griffon:

Before he receives the ball, he doesn't have his head up. He is always looking at the ball and as result of this, he fails to analyze the field quickly.

This is the part that gets me. Everytime you pass him the ball, he has to look at it to trap it, wasting vital time and potentially in danger of being dispossessed. I have never seen a professional footballer that needs to look at the ball when trapping it. My man literally stares at the ball, knowing his ball control is too suspect. Even I stopped looking at the ball from the age of 10.

This dude is hardly better than an amateur footballer technically.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:34am On May 04, 2017
The person who said we should sign Tiemoue Bakayoko needs his head checked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:46am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

This is the part that gets me. Everytime you pass him the ball, he has to look at it to trap it, wasting vital time and potentially in danger of being dispossessed. I have never seen a professional footballer that needs to look at the ball when trapping it. My man literally stares at the ball, knowing his ball control is too suspect. Even I stopped looking at the ball from the age of 10.

This dude is hardly better than an amateur footballer technically.

Technically he is just meh. Who do you see us getting in the summer?

That midfield really needs enforcement. I have lost sight on Bazoer, he was one lad I could have gone for but I don't know what's up with him ever since he moved to Wolfsburg.

Teilemans have always been on my lips for ages. Young, ruthless and creative. I believe Anderlecht needs the cash.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:08am On May 04, 2017
Conte trying to get morata is just annoying angry sign us any good winger with Costas cash and move hazard centrally or have the 3rotate positions without a point man.

E go pain me die if conte eventually end up buying morata with the ridiculous amount they are quoting for him angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:24am On May 04, 2017
diggz:
Conte trying to get morata is just annoying angry sign us any good winger with Costas cash and move hazard centrally or have the 3rotate positions without a point man.

E go pain me die if conte eventually end up buying morata with the ridiculous amount they are quoting for him angry

Hazard as a 9? Stop it

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:35am On May 04, 2017
bigkesh:

Hazard as a 9? Stop it

Yes... We can play him there whenever we need to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 8:38am On May 04, 2017
diggz post=56190516[b:
]Conte trying to get morata is just annoying angry sign us any good winger with Costas cash and move hazard centrally or have the 3rotate positions without a point man.[/b]

You sure about this working bro. I still prefer a rugged striker in that front with goals history, rather than buying Morata why not Lukaku with £80m, with that we can have the goals and build up play.

Putting all our cumbersome fixtures next season on harzard as forward is a wrong move, even rotation. Who would be trusted in delivering the goals? We need a quality striker that scores allot cos that's what matters.

And some people would say not Lukaku now, because he doesn't score against big team like Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca. grin grin

I rather have Matic all day than Bakayoko, why his Van Dijk a first choice target for next season when we have Ake? Conte get sense o

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:57am On May 04, 2017
Thecassanova:

You sure about this working bro. I still prefer a rugged striker in that front with goals history, rather than buying Morata why not Lukaku with £80m, with that we can have the goals and build up play.

Putting all our cumbersome fixtures next season on harzard as forward is a wrong move, even rotation. Who would be trusted in delivering the goals? We need a quality striker that scores allot cos that's what matters.

And some people would say not Lukaku now, because he doesn't score against big team like Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca. grin grin

I rather have Matic all day than Bakayoko, why his Van Dijk a first choice target for next season when we have Ake? Conte get sense o

I should have added "move" hazard centrally whenever we need to in games. However, it doesn't have to be hazard who will be moved centrally if we can get a winger like Sanchez who can also play as 9 or manage pedro in certain games or bring back traore and Tammy.

From all indications conte seem to prefer morata to lukaku. I personally don't want morata here because he won't guarantee us the goals that we preciously need for the amount being quoted asides link up play,flicks and tricks.

My point is why waste such amount on a player like morata because of link up play?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:03am On May 04, 2017
diggz:

Hazard would only do fine in that position against weaker folks. He doesn't have what it takes to unshackle an opposition player who's policing him on the pitch. That was made evident vs Herrera and just last week Gueye.

Now imagine what the story would be if a player with a bigger frame is to be doing that policing in a central area where Hazard would have little space to operate?

Hazard vs Shawcross?
Hazard vs Lovren?
Hazard vs Otamendi?
Hazard vs Alderweild?
Hazard vs Koscielny?
Hazard vs Van Dijk?
Hazard vs Williams
Hazard vs Fonte?

Oh Jesus! Diggz are you a sadist?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:38am On May 04, 2017
Sign Morata if only we are getting Sanchez also.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:48am On May 04, 2017
Griffon:

Technically he is just meh. Who do you see us getting in the summer?

That midfield really needs enforcement. I have lost sight on Bazoer, he was one lad I could have gone for but I don't know what's up with him ever since he moved to Wolfsburg.

Teilemans have always been on my lips for ages. Young, ruthless and creative. I believe Anderlecht needs the cash.

Tiellemans is good, but I'm even fine with Ake, Chalobah and Pasalic and Van Ginkel sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:49am On May 04, 2017
Unlimited22:
The person who said we should sign Tiemoue Bakayoko needs his head checked.

Unfortunately some folks working at Chelsea share that sentiment. I'm hoping Manure win the race for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2017
I thank God say na conte dey sign. He will sign what he thinks is best for his team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2017
Greatihex:
I thank God say na conte dey sign. He will sign what he thinks is best for his team.

Don't be sure of that. Emenalo is a powerful man.

As I understand it, the Lukaku vs Morata argument is a tussle between Emenalo and Conte.

Michy was also signed for Emenalo which is why Conte has been sidelining him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:08am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

As I understand it, the Lukaku vs Morata argument is a tussle between Emenalo and Conte.

so na technical director dey make decision for conte.
i dont think so
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

Bolded is 100% correct.

And I'm suspecting Emenalo will come out victorious.

Why not we kukuma bring back Abraham? Afterall na because of him and Solanke we passed up the chance of signing Mbappe in 2012.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:14am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

You don start again abi? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2017
Eden will still probably be a little frustrated at times, but he is learning quickly that you just take your marker to where he doesn’t want to be. You also ensure he is booked early on if you can, so if you can get fouled at pace if possible at the start, as I mentioned just a few weeks ago, it makes things easier. When the marker is booked he can’t get as close, can’t hold your shirt or block to the same level. At the game it was clear that Eden was probably fouled up to 50 times, no exaggeration I promise you, but because he was being held or blocked when the ball was 60 or 70 yards away, the officials (and the TV cameras) never caught it. He must constantly tell the referee and crucially the assistant referees to be aware of this. When they are alerted to it, they do sometimes act on it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:20am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

if this is true, then we are still in square one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:22am On May 04, 2017
Greatihex:
Eden will still probably be a little frustrated
at times, but he is learning quickly that you
just take your marker to where he doesn’t
want to be. You also ensure he is booked
early on if you can, so if you can get fouled
at pace if possible at the start, as I
mentioned just a few weeks ago, it makes
things easier. When the marker is booked he
can’t get as close, can’t hold your shirt or
block to the same level. At the game it was
clear that Eden was probably fouled up to 50
times, no exaggeration I promise you, but
because he was being held or blocked when
the ball was 60 or 70 yards away, the
officials (and the TV cameras) never caught
it. He must constantly tell the referee and
crucially the assistant referees to be aware
of this. When they are alerted to it, they do
sometimes act on it.

This is exactly why I support diving. You can't do this shït to the likes of Suarez or Ororo. You will just get an easy red or concede a penalty for your troubles...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2017
Nihilist:

i think it will be true since the papers are saying the same thing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2017
Nihilist:

The truth, like a candle cannot be hidden under a bed.

Even Nateevs talk am the other day.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

Unfortunately some folks working at Chelsea share that sentiment. I'm hoping Manure win the race for him.
Wins which race, the path is clear for Chelsea to sign him...We have given up since.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:28am On May 04, 2017
Greatihex:
i think it will be true since the papers are saying the same thing.

There's only one paper saying that shït, and it's the S*n.

Never ever believe the Sun bro.

I think Conte definitely had a strong input into recruitment, he's just been unlucky. Naingollan and Morata have both publicly stated that Conte personally called them to say he wanted them - Naingollan didn't want to come, and Madrid didn't want to sell.

A coach that doesn't have freedom to sign his own players won't be personally contacting players he wants to sign...at least I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:32am On May 04, 2017
Ibime:

The truth, like a candle cannot be hidden under a bed.

Even Nateevs talk am the other day.

Bro..

Conte has almost complete freedom of the city. Emenalo just does the negotiations. He speaks directly to the people he wants.

Then Emenalo does the logistics.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:42am On May 04, 2017
Griffon:

Hazard would only do fine in that position against weaker folks. He doesn't have what it takes to unshackle an opposition player who's policing him on the pitch. That was made evident vs Herrera and just last week Gueye.

Now imagine what the story would be if a player with a bigger frame is to be doing that policing in a central area where Hazard would have little space to operate?

Hazard vs Shawcross?
Hazard vs Lovren?
Hazard vs Otamendi?
Hazard vs Alderweild?
Hazard vs Koscielny?
Hazard vs Van Dijk?
Hazard vs Williams
Hazard vs Fonte?

Oh Jesus! Diggz are you a sadist?

Lol ..... U guys are missing the point man. If it is just linking up play, tricks and flicks, I will take anyone and anybody readily available in cfc team over 80mil morata. Even if it is to promote tammy and bring back traore bro, I don't mind.

I can't in good faith pay 80mil for an average striker like morata when we still have batshuayi roasting away on the bench.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Twizzy30(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2017
Zouma is going on loan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:36am On May 04, 2017
patrickmuf:
Wins which race, the path is clear for Chelsea to sign him...We have given up since.

No talk like that oh. Una must sign am. Herrera can help control the midfield for him. I know JM likes those giants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2017
Nihilist:

Bro..

Conte has almost complete freedom of the city. Emenalo just does the negotiations. He speaks directly to the people he wants.

Then Emenalo does the logistics.

Leave matter abeg. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 12:11pm On May 04, 2017
diggz:

I should have added "move" hazard centrally whenever we need to in games. However, it doesn't have to be hazard who will be moved centrally if we can get a winger like Sanchez who can also play as 9 or manage pedro in certain games or bring back traore and Tammy.

From all indications conte seem to prefer morata to lukaku. I personally don't want morata here because he won't guarantee us the goals that we preciously need for the amount being quoted asides link up play,flicks and tricks.

My point is why waste such amount on a player like morata because of link up play?

Na the Awof money we've been getting from the Chinese cause am. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) (2873) ... (19541) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: oliverano, Realtord43, Jamiuokolla, Vischy, CentiLion(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.