Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,359 members, 7,926,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 09:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11085491 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (19800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
FBS:
lol. Yeah mate. The boy is good. I've watched this guy since his youth days. He was/is outstanding.
I do agree though that we first have to see Mata's performance under JM's set up.
Why is he (Mata) not even playing regularly sef? Fire on the mountain things with JM? I hope not.

I read an article that quoted JM saying that Mata was tired after playing about 62 games last season alone. About 52 the season before that and that it might take up to 2 months for him to fully recover.

He admitted in the article that he rushed Mata back in the Aston Villa game and will be giving him the due rest he needs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
nateevs:

That might have more to do with the collective organization of the Madrid team under JM than Ozil's tendency not to disappear. I will reserve judgement on that until I see Mata play under that set up.

I don't disagree that Ozil might be a little stronger than Mata, Mata himself is not easy to dispossess off the ball.

I do understand why you have love for Mesut, mate I love him too.
on point
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
nateevs:

That might have more to do with the collective organization of the Madrid team under JM than Ozil's tendency not to disappear. I will reserve judgement on that until I see Mata play under that set up.

I don't disagree that Ozil might be a little stronger than Mata, Mata himself is not easy to dispossess off the ball.

I do understand why you have love for Mesut, mate I love him too.
on point.Lets get 2 see mata play sum matches under mourinho 1st.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
FBS:
bros, I may be a little biased here but personally I just love the way Ozil plays. I mean, who else makes a pass without even touching the ball? Only Ozil can! Moreover, Ozil is never missing in BIG games unlike Mata.

Chairman, everybody loves the way Ozil plays. Let's not kid ourselves, ozil also misses in some big games too. I remember a few classicos where Ozil was utter shyte.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
This might be Mata's best season in chelsea if he's utilised properly in Mourinho's strategy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
J12:

Chairman, everybody loves the way Ozil plays. Let's not kid ourselves, ozil also misses in some big games too. I remember a few classicos where Ozil was utter shyte.
Ogbeni, even Ronado was missing in some classicos so wetin you dey talk?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
^^ Even Messi has gone missing in classicos, so that can't be a yardstick for judging anyone.

I hope JM continues to freeze out Mata. We'll see just how good KdB and co really are.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hazard is injured
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mbulela: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ibime: Does Victor Moses really believe Liverpool will promote his progress over Coutinho, Aspas, Alberto and that other woman beater?
from frying pan to fire.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emisco1(m): 12:23am On Sep 04, 2013
Emmadani: I av dis feeling dat lukaku is still not 4 chelsea,not d kind of strika chelsea need.When i always see hazard,mata,osca and now willian,i always think of sharp strikers like lewandowski,falcao,benzema dat would fit in.I dnt just know what's tores problem at chelsea,whether its because of his injury at liverpool or wat,i expected a striker like tores to fit in vry well wit d kind of attackers we have.Whether na curse or na badluck,i dnt just understand.
lyk it or not.TORRES wuld end up bin chelsea highst goal scorer.i lyk tores,wen eva hs on d field i gt d bliv dt wen hs wit d ball.smtin mst show,he kan do sum drible,contest wit d bal. Nd d mst of al hs nt stingy.he only flop wt d bal wen he is al alone up front wit out no suport.bt if he has he wuld creat chance. We watch hm against bayern.dt goal mk me rememba TORRES {9} of livapol.dt 2 show u he til gt d ability in hm. I BLIV IN DT GUY. Asumin he ws nt subtituted. Bayern keeper wuld nt ve d urge 2 cum up front. GO ASK BARCA ND BENFICA.and dt wer we nid hs impact wen d game gt hoter.wen ur oponent kip forwardin dmslf insyd livin dre home unsecure.I MISS HM. Tores wunt go nd dfend lyk lukaku did. D guy nid moral 2 shoot 4rm range
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190theclown: 2:54am On Sep 04, 2013
mschewww torres undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2013
debosky: ^^ Even Messi has gone missing in classicos, so that can't be a yardstick for judging anyone.

I hope JM continues to freeze out Mata. We'll see just how good KdB and co really are.
@ J12. You dey hear? grin

But no sir, I don't think JM will do that. Mata is important to that team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2013
Could this be true?

Mourinho blocked Demba switch after Gunners signed German ace!

He said: 'Ozil is unique. There is no copy of him – not even a bad one. He is the best number 10 in the world. He makes things very easy for me and for his team-mates with his football vision and the decisions he makes.
'Everyone loves him and sees a bit of Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane in him.
'We didn’t accept Arsenal’s offer for Demba Ba because the signing of Ozil makes them title contenders.'

-DM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 04, 2013
^^ He's got a point.

Arsenal have stayed clamped to their impotency for years b'cos they've lacked players with big character. To snap up Ozil the highest assist holder in Europe for years has got to change the look of things.

I dont see them winning a thing soon though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2013
El Guapo: ^^ He's got a point.

It's a needless point. First you claim that a rival club have signed the best 10 in the world when we have our no 10. (I am not saying Ozil is or isn't, just saying as a manager of a different club, JM doesn't need to give an opinion). Then you claim that loaning them Demba would make them title contenders - making Demba look like the best No 9 there is; a statement which stands stoopidly contradictory to the fact that we attempted loaning him out in the first place.

Some JM just needs to say "NO COMMENT".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2013
nateevs:

It's a needless point. First you claim that a rival club have signed the best 10 in the world when we have our no 10. (I am not saying Ozil is or isn't, just saying as a manager of a different club, JM doesn't need to give an opinion). Then you claim that loaning them Demba would make them title contenders - making Demba look like the best No 9 there is; a statement which stands stoopidly contradictory to the fact that we attempted loaning him out in the first place.

He is not saying Ba is the best in the world.
IMO His statement just says 2 things.

1. Arsenal now has a talismanic player with a proven ability to Unlock Defences
2. Ba is better than any other striking option that Arsenal currently have.

And I agree with him, why give Arsenal an opportunity to effectively utilize Ozil's playmaking abilities by loaning them a Proven Goal Hitman? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2013
jackbauersballs:

And I agree with him, why give Arsenal an opportunity to effectively utilize Ozil's playmaking abilities by loaning them a Proven Goal Hitman? undecided

I didn't mean "best no 9" literally. Firmly tongue in cheek.

----------

His statement says more than two things really. It also says the following.

1. That Arsenal have a no 10 better than anything we have.
2. That we have a no 9 that is not good enough for us so we thought about loaning him to Arsenal.
3. Then we changed our minds because we know he is good enough to make Arsenal title contenders but not us.

It's not an argument of whether what he has said is true or not (perhaps all he said is true), it's a case of whether there is a need saying it. That's why I started out by saying it is a needless point to make.

Also why ever consider loaning Demba to Arsenal in the first place, Ozil or not?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
FBS: Could this be true?

Mourinho blocked Demba switch after Gunners signed German ace!

He said: 'Ozil is unique. There is no copy of him – not even a bad one. He is the best number 10 in the world. He makes things very easy for me and for his team-mates with his football vision and the decisions he makes.
'Everyone loves him and sees a bit of Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane in him.
'We didn’t accept Arsenal’s offer for Demba Ba because the signing of Ozil makes them title contenders.'

-DM
Pointless and unreasonable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
jackbauersballs:

He's saying that
1. Assnal has a better no. 10 than us, hence they have an attacking edge over us. This is false
2. He's also indirectly saying that Ba is the best strikers in the EPL at the moment. I doubt that.

I don't see the point in what he's saying anyway. Arsenal could have gone for other strikers in the league if they wanted. Also, Ba is not better than Giroud as a CF.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
Looking at the various interpretations here, its apparent Chelsea fans:

1. Are dyslexic, and/or
2. Cannot comprehend simple English.

There, I said it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
J12:

He's saying that
1. Assnal has a better no. 10 than us, hence they have an attacking edge over us. This is false
2. He's also indirectly saying that Ba is the best strikers in the EPL at the moment. I doubt that.

I don't see the point in what he's saying anyway. Arsenal could have gone for other strikers in the league if they wanted. Also, Ba is not better than Giroud as a CF.

Are you kidding me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
ritchboy: Looking at the various interpretations here, its apparent Chelsea fans:

1. Are dyslexic, and/or
2. Cannot comprehend simple English.

There, I said it. cheesy

Y can't you just give your Own explanation or Interpretation to the Simple statement JM said..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
nateevs:

So you are saying JM is a paso and e dey soro ju? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Or Jose Mourinho too dey "jabo"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mourinho has released a chelsea 23-man squad for the 2013/2014 championz lig season with the surprise omission of Micheal Essein..!GOALKEEPERS- cech,mark,black;DEFENDERS-JT,luiz,cahill,iva,azpilicueta,cole,betrand;MIDFIELDERS- mikel,lampard,ramirez,kdb,mvg,osca,willian,mata,hazard,shurrle;STRIKERS-Fernando,demba,samuel..!So mourinho no even send essein again?Who would av belived that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
Emmadani: Mourinho has released a chelsea 23-man squad for the 2013/2014 championz lig season with the surprise omission of Micheal Essein..!GOALKEEPERS- cech,mark,black;DEFENDERS-JT,luiz,cahill,iva,azpilicueta,cole,betrand;MIDFIELDERS- mikel,lampard,ramirez,kdb,mvg,osca,willian,mata,hazard,shurrle;STRIKERS-Fernando,demba,samuel..!So mourinho no even send essein again?Who would av belived that.

then you want him to replace Essien for who.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bimfo:

Are you kidding me

No.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
torres2:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
torres2:

mikel.because on one particular thread like dat,pple were saying dat d arrival of essein and mou would b d end for mikel.But atleast 4 now mikel has had more playing tym than essein.I now realize its not by mistake dat coaches like hiddink and rdm gave mikel the nod ahead of essein.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
That's the price you pay for not having (m)any established home-grown players in the first team and stockpiling AMs. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Emmadani: [b]mikel.[/b]because on one particular thread like dat,pple were saying dat d arrival of essein and mou would b d end for mikel.But atleast 4 now mikel has had more playing tym than essein.I now realize its not by mistake dat coaches like hiddink and rdm gave mikel the nod ahead of essein.

Pls, Don't fvvvvck me up, SIR...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
^how?

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (19800) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Logic100, StarchAndBanga and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.