Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10781137 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5137) (5138) (5139) (5140) (5141) (5142) (5143) ... (19489) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
airmark:

Imagine how he just disgraced himself again. cheesy

cheesy

This eruditor is terrible.

This confidence is false.

You are almost posting on the back of Ibime who will abandon you when Agape does not work again.

What does your post mean?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

What is the simple mathematics behind it?

If a 10 game league is over with 5 games to spare, you can use your church mind to assess whether the degree of difficulty is the same as a 50 game league over with 5 games left.

What Airmark just said was Bundesliga was over with 15% of all available points left to play for while EPL was over with only 13% left.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

No problem.

So elucidate for me.

You need to go and look for the Mathematics teacher that taught you 'word problem', borrow thunder from crucifixio, and send to him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

If a 10 game league is over with 5 games to spare, you can use your church mind to assess whether the degree of difficulty is the same as a 50 game league over with 5 games left.

What Airmark just said was Bundesliga was over with 15% of all available points left to play for while EPL was over with only 13% left.

So if the EPL was a 34 game league Pep would have not won it by game 29?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
airmark:

You need to go and look for the Mathematics teacher that taught you 'word problem', borrow thunder from crucifixio, and send to him.

I don’t have time for this jibby jabber.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

Bayern has been able to win 75 of 90 points which is 83% of points available
Man City has been able to win 87 out of 99 points available in the EPL thats 87% of the points

Which means Bayern was winning 2.5points per game and Man City winning over 2.6 points per game

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Man City has been able to win 87 out of 99 points available in the EPL thats 87% of the points

LOL

Apart from that. Pep was already 18pts ahead of the 2nd placed team by game 29. Which means he could have won the league by game 27 if it were a 34-game league.

Meaning. He would have won the league with 7 games to spare. For the harder league.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

LOL

Apart from that. Pep was already 18pts ahead of the 2nd placed team by game 29. Which means he could have won the league by game 27 if it were a 34-game league.

Meaning. He would have won the league with 7 games to spare. For the harder league.

Can you just stay away from posts like these, or are they like a whistle to a good dog?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

So if the EPL was a 34 game league Pep would have not won it by game 29?

I don't know the table as at Gameweek 29 but Pep had not played each team twice.

Feel free to exclude results against West Brom and Stoke and tell us which gameweek Pep woulda won. I'm guessing around GW31 or 32.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Branzy:
Pep Guardiola �:
‘Premier League is harder to win than the Champions League’
Does anyone agree with Pep?
I am not saying that I agree or not, but
Chelsea won it from 6th position Liverpool is yet to win the league but has more than one ucl in that period. Good number of such cases.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

I don't know the table as at Gameweek 29 but Pep had not played each team twice.

Feel free to exclude results against West Brom and Stoke and tell us which gameweek Pep woulda won. I'm guessing around GW31 or 32.

I checked the table, City had 78 when LFC had 60 by game 29. To secure the league he needed only 15pts between him and the 2nd placed team with 5 games to go. So game 28 or even 27 (had LFC lost that day) would have been probable winning times.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Which means Bayern was winning 2.5points per game and Man City winning over 2.6 points per game

This means nothing if other teams are also copping points to keep pace with them longer.

EPL finished at 33/38 = season was 87% complete.

Bundesliga finished at 29/34 = season was only 85% complete

So once again Bundesliga finished earlier even despite a rough season for Bayern who had to sack their manager midway through.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Xavi and Iniesta played for several years after Pep, Iniesta is still playing till now but they havent won a sextuple since Pep
They are both past their prime. The club has been trying to replace those two guys for ages now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
raumdeuter:

Check your maths again.. Its 87 out of 114
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

I checked the table, City had 78 when LFC had 60 by game 29. To secure the league he needed only 15pts between him and the 2nd placed team with 5 games to go. So game 28 or even 27 (had LFC lost that day) would have been probable winning times.

You have to play everyone twice to win the league. City had not even played their 3 main rivals twice as at Gameweek 29 (Manure, Pool, Spurs) so GW 29 table is representative of City's results against weaker teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

This means nothing if other teams are also copping points to keep pace with them longer.

EPL finished at 33/38 = season was 87% complete.

Bundesliga finished at 29/34 = season was only 85% complete

So once again Bundesliga finished earlier even despite a rough season for Bayern who had to sack their manager midway through.

First, EPL can never be 85% complete at any point. So the variance between EPL & Bundesliga does not work.

Second, Airmark was trying to argue that winning the bundesliga was easier but it was not. At worst, they are equally easy. But in reality, Pep could have won the EPL at a far quicker time than Bayern did if the EPL was a 34-game league.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
popizaino:
we will just keep running in circles if I engage you on this matter but I will kindly implore you to refer to Eruditor's earlier post.
Which of his post?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

You have to play everyone twice to win the league. City had not even played their 3 main rivals twice as at Gameweek 29 (Manure, Pool, Spurs) so GW 29 table is representative of City's results against weaker teams.

He had played Pool twice. 5-0 and 4-3.

Spurs are like a billion points behind. Inconsequential.

ManU can work but they don’t because even at worst I can put them as game 30 and City would have won the league before losing to them being 16pts ahead already (in a 34-game league)

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

Second, Airmark was trying to argue that winning the bundesliga was harder but it was not. At worst, they are equally easy.

No, Airmark is arguing that winning Bundesliga is easier. This is how you would be arguing on Airmarks side and think you are arguing on Raumdeuters side. Are you confused?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

No, Airmark is arguing that winning Bundesliga is easier. This is how you would be arguing on Airmarks side and think you are arguing on Raumdeuters side. Are you confused?

I edited my post. Typo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
eph12:

Check your maths again.. Its 87 out of 114

33* 3 = 99 he is right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

ManU can work but they don’t because even at worst I can put them as game 30 and City would have won the league before losing to them being 16pts ahead already (in a 34-game league)

Nope. It doesn't work like that. Following your analogy above, City were ahead by 13 points by GW 18. You could claim the league would have ended by GW18 if it was a 22 match league at that stage.

The only way to compare against a 34 game league is to take away results against the last 2 teams in the league, not to cut the league at whichever week you see fit when rivalries haven't yet played out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

33* 3 = 99 he is right.
I misunderstood his point
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

Nope. It doesn't work like that. Following ypur analogy above, City were ahead by 13 points by GW 18, you could claim the league would have ended by GW18 if it was a 22 match league at that stage.

The only way to assess a 34 game league is to take away results against the last 2 teams in the league.

It works and your 22 game example does not because we are comparing 38 to 34 game leagues.

City were already 16pts above United since Jan or so. Even if you want to say United beat them I can only put that game after game 29. Problem is, at 13pts City still secure the league by game 29( because 16pts is higher than 5 wins). Same time Bayern did.

BTW Stoke was game 30 or 31 and Westbrom game 25. They were still 16 ahead by then.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

It works and your 22 game example does not because we are comparing 38 to 34 game leagues.

City were already 16pts above United since Jan or so. Even if you want to say United beat them I can only put that game after game 29. Problem is, at 13pts City still secure the league by game 29( because 16pts is higher than 5 wins). Same time Bayern did.

BTW Stoke was game 30 or 31 and Westbrom game 25. They were still 16 ahead by then.

No, your methodology can never be sound or complete as it can be applied at gameweek 7, gameweek 10 or whatever. It is completely arbitrary.

If you refuse to accept the percentage completeness method which is the only true method, the next method would be to reduce EPL to an 18 man league like Bundesliga by excluding results against the two weakest teams which would have City winning the league in GW31 out of 34.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

I don’t have time for this jibby jabber.

What made you think i would waste my time explaining things to you again? cheesy

Smarten up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

No, your methodology can never be sound or complete as it can be applied at gameweek 7, gameweek 10 or whatever. It is completely arbitrary.

If you refuse to accept the percentage completeness method which is the only true method, the next method would be to reduce EPL to an 18 man league like Bundesliga by excluding results against the two weakest teams which would have City winning the league in GW31 out of 34.

It cannot be applied any way.

Only LFC and United had a chance of catching City and the arrangement made it such that City were 16-18pts ahead of both.

If it were a 34 match season City win the league before playing United in game 30.

If I even shrink the league and take out Stoke and Westbrom, nothing changes because LFC and United beat both teams so whatever points you take from them still see City 16-18pts ahead of United and LFC.

In any other way, City will win the league before game 29.

Even by % 85.3 and 86.8 are not dissimilar statistically. They still show that 5games were left which is funny because Bayern had to beat Dortmund (2nd placed team twice) but City did not beat LFC or United twice but won the league with the same 5 games to spare.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2018
airmark:

What made you think i would waste my time explaining things to you again? cheesy

Smarten up.

You have nothing to explain. You ran. I knew it from the jump but wanted others to see it too.

They do now.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
Eruditor:

You have nothing to explain. You ran. I knew it from the jump but wanted others to see it too.

They do now.

cheesy

If you could argue senselessly, for two days, during the week, i can't imagine what you will do on a weekend.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ibime:

Eruditor has memory issues, i said it before. You guys think i was kidding.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
airmark:

cheesy

If you could argue senselessly, for two days, during the week, i can't imagine what you will do on a weekend.

Yea, I have never seen anyone who resorted to lying if they felt they were making sense to begin with.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
airmark:

Eruditor has memory issues. You guys think i was kidding.

You are the one showing that you are hiding behind Ibime. The only thing I changed was “harder” to “easier” because it was an obvious typo.

But when someone is losing an argument they start dancing around irrelevancies.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5137) (5138) (5139) (5140) (5141) (5142) (5143) ... (19489) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, DeadPresidents, Unlimited22, toluxe0075, Geld(m), Yustash001(m), airmark(m), Jamiuokolla, Trevor012(m), Menemonic, fredoooooo, CAPdan21(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.